Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Just POST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

It's the fact thaT on a dying planet so starved for resources that they will literally enslave or kill for something so precious as water, that there is one guy who's sole purpose in life is to shred a double neck bass that shoots fire from the back of an 8 wheel drive semi truck built out of amps and speakers.

But enough about your last trip to Cali. :v:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm sorry for what I started.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm on the shitter at work laying the most hellacious turd into the bowl right now.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

I'm on the shitter at work laying the most hellacious turd into the bowl right now.
I work at a university library, and the amount of lost phones that people have turned in that they found in the girls bathroom is disturbing and makes me never want to borrow anyones phone.

edit: Theres also this:

Can't take anymore selfies now can you?

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 19, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
This Z77 extreme4 is my first ASRock and other than the usb3 not working its been excellent. Will buy from them again.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Jesus Christ bike people are worse than car people. A buddy of mine told me yesterday that if I ever seriously rode a Honda Ruckus around he'd stop talking to me.

I told him to go gently caress himself, I'll ride/drive whatever I drat well please. I don't give a poo poo how it makes me look, I'm having fun. Ruckus' are dope :colbert:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

MustardFacial posted:

Jesus Christ bike people are worse than car people. A buddy of mine told me yesterday that if I ever seriously rode a Honda Ruckus around he'd stop talking to me.

I told him to go gently caress himself, I'll ride/drive whatever I drat well please. I don't give a poo poo how it makes me look, I'm having fun. Ruckus' are dope :colbert:

Hopefully he means because they're overpriced as gently caress and you can pick up a comparable chinese scoot for like $700 shipped and just take the fairings off yourself.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MustardFacial posted:

That's the point though isn't it, you don't 'seriously' ride a Ruckus, they're fun... So you've got him on a technicality and he can go gently caress himself. :v:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, my wife is in cosmetology school so she'll actually get credit for dealing with it. Counts as a pedicure for her :v:

And I'm in the military, so unless my toe is actively falling off they give no fucks. I probably am cutting them too short, I generally cut all around and make sure there's no white and there's toe sticking out well past the nail. Same with fingers.

So I imagine it's some combination of cutting too much, and being in boots + socks for 10+ hours almost every day for the past seven years.

Here's my input: I had a gnarly ingrown once, it got super infected and swollen to the point where I couldn't wear my shoes anymore, too much pain. So I started treating the toe with salts and whatnot, and bought some sandals. I wore those until the ingrown toe went away. Yes, with socks, to work and out in public and everything. A month went by, and I went to put on my shoes and realized THEY WERE REALLY loving TIGHT. I'd been wearing a size too small for years, but I was used to the way they fit and liked them tight. I went up a size and haven't had an ingrown toenail ever since. And now I like my shoes roomy.

So I'm guessing you can't wear sandals but maybe try going up a boot size and see if it helps.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LloydDobler posted:

Here's my input: I had a gnarly ingrown once, it got super infected and swollen to the point where I couldn't wear my shoes anymore, too much pain. So I started treating the toe with salts and whatnot, and bought some sandals. I wore those until the ingrown toe went away. Yes, with socks, to work and out in public and everything. A month went by, and I went to put on my shoes and realized THEY WERE REALLY loving TIGHT. I'd been wearing a size too small for years, but I was used to the way they fit and liked them tight. I went up a size and haven't had an ingrown toenail ever since. And now I like my shoes roomy.

So I'm guessing you can't wear sandals but maybe try going up a boot size and see if it helps.

Yeah I had the same problem and was about to post this

Plus you know what big feet mean, right? :pervert:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

88h88 posted:

My housemate enjoys talking about work. Whenever I get in he accosts me with work stories that are about as interesting as fingering your belly button. Like, I just don't care unless something cool has happened or someone nearly died or you dug up a treasure chest...

But no. I get to hear about him putting up lights in a warehouse pretty much every day for the next month or so it takes him to finish up.

Kill me now.

People ask me all the time about my work. I hold a steering wheel, sit in traffic and deliver wood flooring by the ton.

"You don't make it sound very interesting."

It isn't very interesting.

In other news, it's summer in London!

Rain, hail, thunder and lightning today.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

People are loving idiots, I drive a Miata and ride a scooter, think I give a poo poo what people think?

The funniest part was after everyone ragged on me about getting a scooter they all wanted to take it for a ride. My brother gave me the most poo poo, and recently he told me he wants to buy it if I ever sell it.

Also if you like the Ruckus, look into a Yamaha C3, EFI and liquid cooled and doesn't have the Ruckus tax, got mine for 900 :)

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Don't listen to Leica about the C3 he's a hoser. What you want to get is Vespa. :v:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KozmoNaut posted:

I will buy the poo poo out of any model kits or RC cars that come out of Fury Road, but for now LEGO is OK.

This is awesome.

Cross-post from Panther chat:
Got one of the rear doors in my P71 working from the inside last night. Used threaded inserts and M6 bolts to replace what rivets I had to drill out. Man, I am so glad I bit that rivnut tool. Probably do the other door tonight.
Need to go back to the yard and fine some half-decent carpet, among other things. There was a fresh Town car with leather buckets there. Black, but I can make that work with the grey interior, I think. And what the hell is it with the ash-tray/cupholders on these things? Mine has one cupholder broken, and the face of it that matches the dash is missing. Every one I saw in the yard was either broken, missing the face, or the earlier style. Design flaw?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Coredump posted:

Don't listen to Leica about the C3 he's a hoser. What you want to get is Vespa. :v:

Italian reliability FTW

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

leica posted:

People are loving idiots, I drive a Miata and ride a scooter, think I give a poo poo what people think?

The funniest part was after everyone ragged on me about getting a scooter they all wanted to take it for a ride. My brother gave me the most poo poo, and recently he told me he wants to buy it if I ever sell it.

Also if you like the Ruckus, look into a Yamaha C3, EFI and liquid cooled and doesn't have the Ruckus tax, got mine for 900 :)

I like interesting poo poo. I like the Ruckus because it's as close as a manufacturer would ever get to making a Mad Max bike, I like the Honda Cub/Passport because they are quite literally "the wheels of Asia", I like the Trabant because they made a loving car out of cotton. poo poo like Lambo's and Ferrari's are boring to me.

I couldn't give a poo poo if you paid a shop to turbo your FRS just so you could have "one of the first 4 in Canada". gently caress off, you don't like cars. You like status symbols. Tell me about how you keep your shitpile Civic on the road instead.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 19, 2015

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MustardFacial posted:

I like interesting poo poo. I like the Ruckus because it's as close as a manufacturer would ever get to making a Mad Max bike, I like the Honda Cub/Passport because they are quite literally "the wheels of Asia", I like the Trabant because they made a loving car out of cotton. poo poo like Lambo's and Ferrari's are boring to me.

I couldn't give a poo poo if you paid a shop to turbo your FRS just so you could have "one of the first 4 in Canada". gently caress off, you don't like cars. You like status symbols. Tell me about how you keep your shitpile Civic on the road instead.

Roadkill or Top Gear? (i know your answer in my heart)

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
This house is for sale locally. I'd schedule a tour, but I don't think a person could show a second person around. :v:

Sorry, came across it today and it won't stop fascinating me.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So now that it's been a couple of days since I've seen Mad Max, I can only think of one criticism; not enough blower noise. Seriously, not having one of the cars wailing like an air raid siren feels like a missed opportunity.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

This completely sums up my feelings about cars.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

CornHolio posted:

This house is for sale locally. I'd schedule a tour, but I don't think a person could show a second person around. :v:

Sorry, came across it today and it won't stop fascinating me.

Buy it, and build a 6-car garage attached. That's all anyone needs.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Sigma X posted:

Buy it, and build a 6-car garage attached. That's all anyone needs.

Pretty sure the fridge is within arm's reach of the toilet, so yep. Optimized design, that.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Phone posted:

Roadkill or Top Gear? (i know your answer in my heart)

I like them both for different reasons.

I like Roadkill because they are doing the things that I would do if I had no concern for money or time. It's just a good car show. Top Gear is not a car show, but sometimes it's funny to watch three grown men fall down a hill.

MrChips posted:

So now that it's been a couple of days since I've seen Mad Max, I can only think of one criticism; not enough blower noise. Seriously, not having one of the cars wailing like an air raid siren feels like a missed opportunity.
I had the exact same thought as I was watching the movie. I didn't think any of the cars sounded visceral enough.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Top gear is the spinal tap of cheap car ownership. It would be outlandish and unbelievable if it hadn't already happened to yourself.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I like roadkill and dirt every day. This is the poo poo I would do if I had unlimited time and money.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MustardFacial posted:

This is bang on.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dunno a turbo FRS sounds pretty cool.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cage posted:

I dunno a turbo FRS sounds pretty cool.

Putting a turbo on a subaru justy would be way cooler though.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Was feeling chuffed because I have sold a load of old stuff and car parts on ebay over the last 3 weeks and had built up a decent paypal balance. I hadn't got round to withdrawing it out of paypal because i was just going to spend it online anyway this week.

Now the bastard who bought my old mig welder 3 weeks ago, and received it 2 1/2 weeks ago (it was tracked and signed for) has decided to do a credit card cashback and paypal have had most of my balance back and I have to gently caress around with a 'resolution case' to try and reclaim it. I should have withdrawn it straight away like I usually do (so I could then do a credit card chargeback on it if paypal reclaimed it!)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Feel obligated to let everyone know about the best thing happening on the forums currently: Hiking Across America

A month ago some sadbrains decided his BMW and cushy upper-middle class life in California wasn't what he expected life to be about, oh also he has bipolar disorder. He raises $4k for charity to walk from Los Angeles (in early summer...) to Daytona, Florida. He later changed the starting point to San Francisco after goons pointed out he's nuts.

Anywho, he decided to "even out the praise and optimism" of his friends and family by posting his plans on SA, and was pretty quickly run off after experienced trekking goons told him he's doomed to fail and hasn't even touched on major planning points for a trip of this scale. However, some of them had already found his facebook page for the whole shebang before he locked it down, and are updating the rest of us on his current status.

He started on May 15th, and I won't spoil anything (unless you read the spoiler text below you idiot), but hot drat it's already been a great read. Accounts of his journey start on Page 23.

Major milestones: He was relying on a stupid plastic-jointed "hiking cart" baby carrier to lug food and water through the desert. It broke six miles into the journey and he presumably ditched it. He's done somewhere around 22 miles in 4 days, and has already broke down and cried because of 1000' of elevation change on a path "great for walking your dog" according to a hiking website. He isn't eating at all aside from "a few raisens", and took a rest day 4 days in. Google maps says the 22 mile journey should take 8 hours.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 19, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

It's official, I don't get how old school rally drivers survived. I finally got DiRT 3 to recognize the H Shifter on my G27 and i've been blasting around in the Lancia Stratos... it's a loving handful. I still haven't even tried doing it in H Shifter + Clutch mode, I'm fairly certain my car would end up upside down over a cliff :v:

As is, 9 times out of 10 it ends up rear end backwards in a hairpin corner with me frantically trying to countersteer and manage revs.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure I would give my left testicle to be able to email/phone the head honchos at Comcast.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

It's official, I don't get how old school rally drivers survived. I finally got DiRT 3 to recognize the H Shifter on my G27 and i've been blasting around in the Lancia Stratos... it's a loving handful. I still haven't even tried doing it in H Shifter + Clutch mode, I'm fairly certain my car would end up upside down over a cliff :v:

As is, 9 times out of 10 it ends up rear end backwards in a hairpin corner with me frantically trying to countersteer and manage revs.

To be fair...

They didn't :smith:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Toivonen

quote:

The 1986 Tour de Corse, a world rally around the island of Corsica, began on Thursday, 1 May. Toivonen had a sore throat and was suffering from flu, but he insisted on driving after having lost his championship lead in the last two rallies. According to several sources, he was also taking medicine to treat fever. Despite his ill health, he was taking stage win after stage win and leading the rally by a large margin.[34] After the first leg, Toivonen commented:

"This rally is insane, even though everything is going well at the moment. If there is trouble, I'm as good as dead."[34]

Toivonen was complaining about the car being too powerful for a rally like the Tour de Corse. He found it very hard to keep the car balanced on the road and admitted it was very exhausting. In a short interview before he steered his Lancia into the 18th stage, Toivonen made a comment which would remain his last words in public:

"Today, we have driven the equivalent of a full Jyskälä. It's hard to keep up with the speed."[51]

During the second leg, on Friday, 2 May, at the seventh kilometre of the 18th stage, Corte–Taverna, Toivonen's Lancia went off the side of the road at a tight left corner with no guardrail. The car plunged down a ravine and landed on its roof. The aluminium fuel tank underneath the driver's seat was ruptured by the trees and exploded.[3] The fuel tank was not protected by a skid plate, an item used mainly on gravel rallies, which was not fitted for the all-asphalt Tour de Corse. The explosion happened within seconds of the crash, and Toivonen and his co-driver, Sergio Cresto would not have time to get out had they still been alive. The fire caused by the explosion was so intense that the Delta S4, built of fast-burning kevlar-reinforced plastic composite, was unidentifiable as a car afterwards.[45] Both Toivonen and Cresto died in their seats. Toivonen left behind wife Erja (married in 1982)[52] and two young children, son Markus and daughter Arla, while Cresto was single with no children.

Toivonen's accident remains a mystery because it had no close witnesses. Although it was caught on tape by a spectator further down the stage, it proved to be impossible to determine the cause of the crash from the footage. No race marshalls were close to the scene to notice the black smoke and no-one at the race finish knew about the accident. Toivonen's team only started to fear something might have happened after he failed to arrive from the stage on schedule.[3] The next rally crew through the stage then mentioned they had seen some black smoke. By the time the emergency vehicles arrived on the accident scene, they could only put down the flames, which had been fanned by breezes. Lancia engineers and technicians could not determine the cause of the accident because the remains of the car were so charred. Walter Röhrl later confirmed that Toivonen was taking medicine for his flu, but the cause of the accident is still unknown.[3]

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I'm still amazed by and have the utmost respect for the Group B guys. Goddamn those dudes were ballsy as hell.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

I'm still amazed by and have the utmost respect for the Group B guys. Goddamn those dudes were ballsy as hell.

Don't forget the girls ;)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Always forget his name but there was one group B driver who was fat, had Coke bottle glasses and chain smoked that won a championship. That guy will always be better then any formula 1 driver in my mind.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

The one thing that really stood out for me about how totally insane and dangerous Group B was, is that on the cars they have the blood types next to driver's/co-driver's names:

:stare:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

Feel obligated to let everyone know about the best thing happening on the forums currently: Hiking Across America

A month ago some sadbrains decided his BMW and cushy upper-middle class life in California wasn't what he expected life to be about, oh also he has bipolar disorder. He raises $4k for charity to walk from Los Angeles (in early summer...) to Daytona, Florida. He later changed the starting point to San Francisco after goons pointed out he's nuts.

Anywho, he decided to "even out the praise and optimism" of his friends and family by posting his plans on SA, and was pretty quickly run off after experienced trekking goons told him he's doomed to fail and hasn't even touched on major planning points for a trip of this scale. However, some of them had already found his facebook page for the whole shebang before he locked it down, and are updating the rest of us on his current status.

He started on May 15th, and I won't spoil anything (unless you read the spoiler text below you idiot), but hot drat it's already been a great read. Accounts of his journey start on Page 23.

Major milestones: He was relying on a stupid plastic-jointed "hiking cart" baby carrier to lug food and water through the desert. It broke six miles into the journey and he presumably ditched it. He's done somewhere around 22 miles in 4 days, and has already broke down and cried because of 1000' of elevation change on a path "great for walking your dog" according to a hiking website. He isn't eating at all aside from "a few raisens", and took a rest day 4 days in. Google maps says the 22 mile journey should take 8 hours.

I haven't read that much of it but that's a very appropriate username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mooseykins posted:

The one thing that really stood out for me about how totally insane and dangerous Group B was, is that on the cars they have the blood types next to driver's/co-driver's names:

:stare:

Obviously Stig just keeps his co-driver around for the blood.

• Locked thread