Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
There's a new kickstarter for a second edition + expansion for Assault on Doomrock. They've already raised enough money to unlock all listed stretch goals and the most recent update said they will not include any more stretch goals as they do not want to delay production of the game which seems pretty sensible.

I'm also backing Dragon Punch because I'm addicted to pocket-sized games that can be played in 10-15 minutes. They've just announced that distribution will be handled by Level 99 Games which will increase the chance of the game actually getting to the consumers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

Mehuyael posted:

The MB art/campaign guide is a-go!

And holy poo poo, Ewen Cluney is the author of the RPG bits. I suddenly went from "eh, maybe" to "heck yes".

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Saguaro PI posted:

And holy poo poo, Ewen Cluney is the author of the RPG bits. I suddenly went from "eh, maybe" to "heck yes".

Wait, what? Where was this mentioned? Come on, I'd just managed to talk myself out of buying that part of it! :argh:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

ElegantFugue posted:

Wait, what? Where was this mentioned? Come on, I'd just managed to talk myself out of buying that part of it! :argh:

It came up in the backer comments, so it was kind of surprising to me too. The creator did say that they'll be offering an option to pick up the book as a pdf for a cheaper price for those who don't want to spring for a hardcopy.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ElegantFugue posted:

https://plus.google.com/+EwenCluney/posts/TSTEicUKxax

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Wow, MB really went out with a bang. All the rich people's tiers for extra cards in the game were taken, and all the stretch goals were unlocked (well they kind of cheated with the last one but hey it was like 300 dollars away)! Now comes the long wait.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

If I don't already own a copy of Coup and I like it, would the Coup Rebellion be worth picking up?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

They're separate games, so sure.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Apparently there's a Crysis board game being Kickstarted. I am guessing these poor saps greatly overestimated how much people care about the Crysis franchise.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I kind of like Crysis, but a 100 dollar boardgame is not what I'd spend on the franchise.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

"Insertion die" sounds like a terrible, terrible idea.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Kwyndig posted:

I kind of like Crysis, but a 100 dollar boardgame is not what I'd spend on the franchise.

I've never played it the video game, but looking at it, the figures look nifty, the terrain looks nice, and ooh, there are some aliens in the... collector's edition... hmm... wait a second... 8 minis and some terrain... 4 more in collector's... 75 or 150 euros... stretch goal for those 8 minis to even have individual poses... oh look, previous publisher's license expired... miniatures boardgame not even half-funded yet... oh, and they outright admit there won't be a retail version.

Yeah, just cancel your Kickstarter, guys.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I got a 48 hour notice for Coup G54, and I'm looking at the promos, but what's the point of having promo cards for Coup? Aren't these just G54 cards?

Also this rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

quote:

This is a first edition of the game - by pledging to this project you are agreeing to be an early adopter and the extra promo items that are included in this edition (that aren't in the retail version) are your rewards and incentives for being an early adopter. But even with multiple edits, and constant proofing there may be minor typos, or grammar usage that is annoying to you in your rewards or other little things that would have been nice to have avoided but don't affect how the game is played. Mistakes that materially affects game play will of course be addressed but sometimes there are are minor errors that might be distracting but do not affect game play that I can't justify correcting. So if minor errors get under your skin and make it itch then you probably don't want to be an early adopter and are better off waiting till you've had a chance to see the final product and then buy it in your local hobby store. Kickstarter is not for everyone and I leave it to you to decide if you should be getting in on a first edition of this expansion.

All the emphasis on minor errors is really strange, especially considering the issue with The Resistance expansions where the minor error did, in fact, affect gameplay. But I guess that's the cost of being an early adopter I guess?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Mehuyael posted:

Wow, MB really went out with a bang. All the rich people's tiers for extra cards in the game were taken, and all the stretch goals were unlocked (well they kind of cheated with the last one but hey it was like 300 dollars away)! Now comes the long wait.

I think it's alright that they cheated if you assume everyone on the $1 dollar tier, 166 backers, pays at least $20 for the kickstarter exclusive stuff.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Yeah, at least that many people will add on the campaign/art book in the backer kit.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
No sorry cheating is serious business here, the KS Police has already been alerted.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'm sorry, Jimbozig, but I really hate having to follow a different site to see game updates for your kickstarter. :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

I'm sorry, Jimbozig, but I really hate having to follow a different site to see game updates for your kickstarter. :(

Same.

In other news, the Mage20 pdfs are going out.

Or they would have, if the Onyx Path guys had sent out the correct DriveThru discount links instead of the direct item links.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

dwarf74 posted:

Exactly; Kickstarter emails me updates (which I can turn off if a creator is too chatty). If you don't post your update on Kickstarter, most of your backers will not see it. If you don't care whether most of your backers know you're writing updates, why are you writing them at all?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

inklesspen posted:

Exactly; Kickstarter emails me updates (which I can turn off if a creator is too chatty). If you don't post your update on Kickstarter, most of your backers will not see it. If you don't care whether most of your backers know you're writing updates, why are you writing them at all?

This.

I backed the Kickstarter, so update the loving Kickstarter rather than twatting around on another site.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Or if nothing else, summarize your giant effort post updates on Kickstarter so backers know where to go (and when to go there) for more info.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

gently caress, was that even announced in an update?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
No wonder people were talking about "Dangerous Delves" and I had no idea what the hell that was.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

dwarf74 posted:

Wait, there's a secret external site that gets updates? When was that announced? Also, why the hell not just post updates to the backers using the built-in system? Seems like that's what it's, y'know, for.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Speaking of goon kickstarters, whatever happened to Last Stand 2? I know Alyssa's out of the industry, but I could have sworn someone was taking over the kickstarter to get backers their stuff.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1673518024/heroes-tears-role-playing-game/description

This looks like it would have been a fantasy heartbreaker twenty years ago and an utterly forgettable part of the d20 glut ten years ago.

In one of two comments it's mentioned that this is the second time they've tried to Kickstart it. Nowhere else.

- Our magic items are weird!
- More zany races! (Yes, of course there's cat-people.)
- Four different spellcaster classes!
- A completely separate "Spell Codex" book shown in the video but not mentioned in the text?
- $25 for a pdf of the Player book, $40 for a physical copy, and you don't get the Storyteller book (needed to run the game - and which won't be published for at least three months after you get the first book) until $75
- Typos galore!

This got bitchier than I intended, but good grief.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lemniscate Blue posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1673518024/heroes-tears-role-playing-game/description

This looks like it would have been a fantasy heartbreaker twenty years ago and an utterly forgettable part of the d20 glut ten years ago.

In one of two comments it's mentioned that this is the second time they've tried to Kickstart it. Nowhere else.

- Our magic items are weird!
- Four different spellcaster classes!
- A completely separate "Spell Codex" book shown in the video but not mentioned in the text?
- $25 for a pdf of the Player book, $40 for a physical copy, and you don't get the Storyteller book (needed to run the game - and which won't be published for at least three months after you get the first book) until $75
- Typos galore!

This got bitchier than I intended, but good grief.

The empty hyperlinks are the cherry on the sundae.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Mottainai, the spiritual sequel to Glory to Rome that will hopefully not cause someone to lose their house, is up. I don't really see a strong desire to back this since it blew past its incredibly modest goal and it'll likely be cheaper to get when it hits retail, without much in the way of promos or fun stretch goals to worry about. And since it's not done by the GtR guys, it will likely actually stay in retail.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Hey, Alas, Vegas may not be complete vaporware!

It's "feature complete." So I guess he's got all his materials and just needs to edit poo poo and lay it out. There's still time to get it finished for GenCon.

And before Far West lol.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey Bucknasti, were you sending the Spirit of '77 books out to backers with the bonus stuff? Because I got the bumper sticker today but not the physical book.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

inklesspen posted:

Speaking of goon kickstarters, whatever happened to Last Stand 2? I know Alyssa's out of the industry, but I could have sworn someone was taking over the kickstarter to get backers their stuff.

I'd like to know more about this, too. The "Funhaver Games" account is still active on KS, which is making the radio silence a bit unnerving.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Goon projects never deliver unless they're about self destruction.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

InShaneee posted:

I'd like to know more about this, too. The "Funhaver Games" account is still active on KS, which is making the radio silence a bit unnerving.

while the topic is fresh, didn't Funhaver step in for Nightfall, or is that all the way off the table now?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hey Bucknasti, were you sending the Spirit of '77 books out to backers with the bonus stuff? Because I got the bumper sticker today but not the physical book.

Everything is coming separate. We mailed the schwag packages last week, and the books are being drop shipped directly from the printer.
If you're in the US your books should arrive in 1-3 weeks, if you're in EU 1-2 weeks, and if you're elsewhere... 2-7 weeks (sorry Ausies and Canadians :( ).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

Everything is coming separate. We mailed the schwag packages last week, and the books are being drop shipped directly from the printer.
If you're in the US your books should arrive in 1-3 weeks, if you're in EU 1-2 weeks, and if you're elsewhere... 2-7 weeks (sorry Ausies and Canadians :( ).

Gotcha. Good to know!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Evil Mastermind posted:

Gotcha. Good to know!

Once everything has been shipped (~300 more orders to place) I'll put out a backer update letting everyone know when to expect their stuff.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Peas and Rice posted:

Hey, Alas, Vegas may not be complete vaporware!

It's "feature complete." So I guess he's got all his materials and just needs to edit poo poo and lay it out. There's still time to get it finished for GenCon.

And before Far West lol.

But of COURSE the update is full of yet another sob story. I'm more than willing to believe an update talking about sickness or life tragedy....once or twice.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

"I'm a Cazadore, and I don't like the smell of you, reptile." - a sentence that will be uttered at least once in every campaign of this game.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
This is all AFAIK, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong:

inklesspen posted:

AFAIK Mikan still plans to finish her current projects before cutting loose from the industry, but she took an internet vacation to deal with RL stuff and get away from Zak S/GMS/other creepo stalkers a while ago so she hasn't been talking about it a lot. Unless you can arrange restraining orders or something you might have to wait, I think.

palecur posted:

while the topic is fresh, didn't Funhaver step in for Nightfall, or is that all the way off the table now?

Right now Nightfall/Nocturne is in the hands of some excellent Funhaver goons who are working on mechanics+editing+maps. The main problem here is that they took over a Kickstarter with no money left, so doing things that pay the bills has to take precedence over Nocturne and that slows progress. Last I checked (today) it's still being worked on though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spamius
Mar 17, 2009

Bucnasti posted:

Got my copy of the rulebook yesterday (UK), looks great and fastest kickstarter fulfillment I've had yet!

*Edit* Been a good couple of kickstarter days in general, - received Blue Dungeon Tiles on monday, and I've just had Games & Gears Hawk Wargames battleboard arrive.

Spamius fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 20, 2015

• Locked thread