Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

Plus who doesn't like going in to someone else's home and making GBS threads all over them?

That's the spirit!

Also, an easy way to spot faux-fans is that they don't hate their own team enough. Only through self-loathing & disgust can we find true college football enlightenment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Also, an easy way to spot faux-fans is that they don't hate their own team enough.

I guess I'm a :iamafag: :siren: Super Fan :siren: :iamafag:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pillsburysoldier posted:

So it's time where coaches start making the rounds for Boosters events, where coaches go and pump sunshine to the hands that feed them/their programs. They tend to speak a little more candidly, but not too much more. Twitter helps deliver sound bites to the masses - here are FSU's from the Atlanta event, for all our 6 fans on TFF

Good stuff. I don't really know what to expect from this team but it's going to be a wild ride. If FSU ends up in the top 15 at the end of the year I think it will be a success. I can't wait to watch Dalvin run for a billion yards.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

The ACC really should change its motto to

ACC: Florida State and some basketball schools.

FSU and Friends

I like "conference solidarity" because it gives another arena to talk unwarranted trash in, usually somewhat ironically and awkwardly. Otherwise I have close to zero concern for anyone in the ACC except rivals and money it brings in.

wandler20 posted:

Good stuff. I don't really know what to expect from this team but it's going to be a wild ride. If FSU ends up in the top 15 at the end of the year I think it will be a success. I can't wait to watch Dalvin run for a billion yards.

Seminole Boosters ‏@SeminoleBooster
Another surprise for Coach. @devontafreeman just walked in the room. A priceless smile and hug between these two

The story between these too is really cool. They absolutely love each other.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Seminole Boosters ‏@SeminoleBooster
Another surprise for Coach. @devontafreeman just walked in the room. A priceless smile and hug between these two

The story between these too is really cool. They absolutely love each other.

Maybe Freeman can be accused of something really serious so Jimbo's son can worship him too. :allears:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Maybe Freeman can be accused of something really serious so Jimbo's son can worship him too. :allears:

That kid is gonna be bullied so fuckin hard

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If conference solidarity means actively rooting for teams in your conference during non-conference matchups on principle then gently caress that, but if conference solidarity means retroactively taking delight in your conference beating the poo poo out of another conference during rivalry week then call me an ACC fan.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

That kid is gonna be bullied so fuckin hard

You know he's probably a total rear end in a top hat too.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hate everything that isn't you, in all things. Sometimes hate yourself too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Sash! posted:

Wisdom.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
BREAKING Ex #NotreDame QB Everett Golson tells @FoxSports he will transfer to #FSU. Story coming soon.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Vertical Lime posted:

BREAKING Ex #NotreDame QB Everett Golson tells @FoxSports he will transfer to #FSU. Story coming soon.

The most boring possible outcome.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

FSU gonna win another natty

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

KKKLIP ART posted:

FSU gonna win another natty

When was the last time you saw Golson play

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Raku posted:

Not only that but FSU has a question marks all over the field this year. I agree with wandler and think a top-15 finish will be a good year.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm just happy I don't have to watch him play under Brian Schottenheimer.

Reminder that a school looked at Brian Schottenheimer and thought "this dude is offensive coordinator material for sure"

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
The question now is: Is Golson automatically FSU's #1 or will he have to win the job from Maguire?

And if Jimbo just makes that interception machine his automatic #1 for QB, how the gently caress can he look Maguire in the eye and ask him to play if Golson goes down? Also, how much does it suck to be Maguire right now? Poor guy.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

Should have put on sarcasm tags

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

The question now is: Is Golson automatically FSU's #1 or will he have to win the job from Maguire?

And if Jimbo just makes that interception machine his automatic #1 for QB, how the gently caress can he look Maguire in the eye and ask him to play if Golson goes down? Also, how much does it suck to be Maguire right now? Poor guy.

Jimbo's gonna preen an offense especially for Golson, since our's is nuts and he'll have a summer to pick it up. It will probably look like something Christian Ponder ran when he was at FSU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Clemson defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko is being charged with financial transaction card fraud...

I'm guessing he tried to use someone else's debit/credit card?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
My rooting order:

Kansas State -> Kansas (out of pity, and because I want rivals to at least look us in the eye while we stomp all over them, instead of at the turf in shame before the game even starts) -> Everyone else in the BigXII -> gently caress Texas -> MAC/midmajors -> gently caress Boise State for no reason in particular -> Most other conferences -> gently caress the SEC -> gently caress Alabama and OSU more -> gently caress FSU the most.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Scarf posted:

He's not gonna beat Maguire out and will have to hope for an injury to start again. If he wanted to play he should have gone to a school like Wake Forest, or Syracuse, Boston College (assuming an ACC slant), really anywhere that has a severe lack of QB talent in comparison to FSU. If you want to be the walk in starter go somewhere that has had literally 0 luck finding anyone decent.

QUOTE IT GOLSON WON'T BE THE GAME 1 STARTER AT FSU. He wasted his transfer opportunity imo.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm just happy I don't have to watch him play under Brian Schottenheimer.

Reminder that a school looked at Brian Schottenheimer and thought "this dude is offensive coordinator material for sure"

I'm sorry

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So I was talking to UGA's punter, Collin Barber, yesterday since I see him around from time to time. I was asking him about the new OC and stuff and he says that probably the biggest impact that will happen from all the offseason nonsense is the new S&C guy since Mark Hocke (via Alabama) got hired on to replace Tereshinski. The weight room mentality has completely changed from getting big with cardio and stamina as a secondary objective to making a much bigger push on pulling cardio being as important as lifting and things like yoga and other stretching exercises being seriously brought in instead of a neat offseason story. I know around here we can really appreciate the difference a good (or terrible) S&C coach can bring in, but sometimes it is surprising to hear someone kinda talk candidly about how much better the training is now with a new guy heading things up.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I only root for other schools if I know guys on the staff or team, and even then I don't really want them to do that well if it has the slightest possibility of hurting us.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm ready for football. Let's football now, instead of months from now.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The Notorious ZSB posted:

He's not gonna beat Maguire out and will have to hope for an injury to start again. If he wanted to play he should have gone to a school like Wake Forest, or Syracuse, Boston College (assuming an ACC slant), really anywhere that has a severe lack of QB talent in comparison to FSU. If you want to be the walk in starter go somewhere that has had literally 0 luck finding anyone decent.

QUOTE IT GOLSON WON'T BE THE GAME 1 STARTER AT FSU. He wasted his transfer opportunity imo.

He should have gone to Virginia Tech since Brewer is one hard hit away from his brains shooting out like somebody dropped a watermelon

All they need from the offense is average, and that's probably what Golson should be shooting for

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT's notoriously good when they get average from their offense.

Speaking of, they've already started the press circuit for the Battle at Bristol. Had the ADs and some assistants from both schools down there this past weekend doing Q&A and whatnot. Expected crowd is 150,000 right now.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Strobe posted:

My rooting order:

Kansas State -> Kansas (out of pity, and because I want rivals to at least look us in the eye while we stomp all over them, instead of at the turf in shame before the game even starts) -> Everyone else in the BigXII -> gently caress Texas -> MAC/midmajors -> gently caress Boise State for no reason in particular -> Most other conferences -> gently caress the SEC -> gently caress Alabama and OSU more -> gently caress FSU the most.

gently caress Texas needs to be higher IMO

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Vertical Lime posted:

Jameis did a really good job softening the transition for you FSU fans with his 18 INTs last year, including 4 against UF, and this Goldberg-machine masterpiece:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
has virginia tech had a competent qb since vick?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Sash! posted:

"earth is Gay and hosed, and we're just along for the assfucking ride." - connor halliday

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Wanvig posted:

gently caress Texas needs to be higher IMO

Big XII -> Everyone else.

I will say gently caress Texas until everyone who loves Texas as a state, a college, and a statement of popular culture withers and dies, but it still gets priority over some SEC scrubs in the rooting order.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Emron posted:

I'm ready for football. Let's football now, instead of months from now.
:agreed:

Here let's post games to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQLmE7kORQ8

And just because posting that for you is probably mean and cruel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN3xHvI6wXw

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

And just because posting that for you is probably mean and cruel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN3xHvI6wXw

Don't apologize for doing God's work.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Strobe posted:

Don't apologize for doing God's work.
Jokes on him, that's an unwatchable garbage game for garbagemen.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Metapod posted:

has virginia tech had a competent qb since vick?

Tyrod Taylor was good especially his senior year. Logan Thomas' first year was awesome, but he had great weapons around him and regressed hard when they graduated. Bryan Randell was a fan favorite, and while not particularly flashy or dramatic was a consistent winner.

Basically Tyrod is the one one I'd call 100% competent.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

drunk leprechaun posted:

Tyrod Taylor was good especially his senior year. Logan Thomas' first year was awesome, but he had great weapons around him and regressed hard when they graduated. Bryan Randell was a fan favorite, and while not particularly flashy or dramatic was a consistent winner.

Basically Tyrod is the one one I'd call 100% competent.

Tyrod all the way. That 2011 team should have had him as his QB and I bet that team has a great shot at a natty with a 5 year senior Tyrod. Thanks Glennon the elder for not being able to hold it together for just 1 year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Strobe posted:

Big XII -> Everyone else.

I will say gently caress Texas until everyone who loves Texas as a state, a college, and a statement of popular culture withers and dies, but it still gets priority over some SEC scrubs in the rooting order.

Not as down with this as I thought.

• Locked thread