Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
For Clear Sky:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k7fk9i32dcc14el/The_Faction_War.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6jvv4pspbj1hi3p/The_Faction_War_patch1.7z

Expands the faction wars. Pretty much removes the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Sajeezzar posted:

What about Clear Sky? Had my fair share of CoP and ShoC for now and want to try Clear Sky. I played it vanilla a long long time ago and was kind of disappointed, but I wonder if there are any mods to make it better?

The Sky Reclamation Project (bugfixes) is probably a must, though if something better has come out, feel free to correct me. I also liked this mod which restores the original Clear Sky armors, if only to make the faction more unique.

drkeiscool fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 22, 2015

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Roobanguy posted:

heads up on autumn aurora 2, if you take to many missions the game will crash when you save.

This really turned me off to it. Got to doing missions for Freedom, couldn't do two missions for them at a time without crashing for some reason. Gave up :(

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

About to play COP for the first time and I plan to play vanilla for a few hours to get used to the game and then start again with a mostly vanilla playthrough friendly set of mods. This worked well enough with ShoC where I'd finished everything up to and including Yantar before switching to Autumn Aurora 2.

So how vanilla-like is Arsenal Overhaul 2.5 (+ AF3 & AN3)? I'm definitely skipping the MSO-integrated version of AO, that seems like it alters a lot of the base game. Would it be better to just use AF3 & AN3?

The Improved Svarog Display mod from the OP seems to have disappeared. Does anyone have a copy?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I think SOC OL glitched.
Been playing through on the "Hell" setting and cleared the game up to the CNPP (haven't actually left Pripyat to get there though).
I headed back through to get to the Bar and drop off a bunch of a bunch of artifacts. Leaving the Red Forest all the freedom guys are green. Ok, weird. Running towards the Duty entrance in the Bar area it was odd to not see the green blips from Duty since i was buddy buddy with them. round the corner and start getting shot at. somehow Duty got pissed at me. Figured gently caress it and cleaned house, then went to Barkeep, decided to go to Yantar to try and get Fang's stash location. Took out the Duty guys in Rostock and saw some green blips further ahead in that tunnel where the bandits hang out. Figured it was odd to see Freedom there. Ran through and it's all bandits. so now somehow I became friends with bandits (even went to the Dark Valley later to check and yup, friends). Got to Yantar, took out the Duty guys and the Scientists are green.....

So now I seem to be friends with Freedom, Bandits, and Scientists. Stalkers are still neutral. "Army and Monolith and Mercs are still hostile to whatever moves. And Duty hates me for some reason. None of the traders offer me the choice of paying off Duty or joining Duty anymore either.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Long time no Stalka chat.

Expect Call of Chernobyl soon.
I don't think my buddies would appreciate me going into the details, so I won't. There's been an indefinite hold-up, I'll put it that way.
Anyway it will be released or "leaked" sometime soon.
It's plenty stable, so it should be fine.

I'm working steadily on un-loving the alpha release of Radium that I made Ddraig suffer through (read: I did some actual work on it).

He also has some sweet ideas that are coming along nicely. I hope to wrap up my first commit to our extra top secret private repo this Monday or Tuesday if I can keep up with the rate I'm going at currently.

Also, Ddraig, sir Koma-pai hates the menu you picked out but promises to create menu art that will beautifully reflect the fact that something isn't right when that happens.
Honestly I'm not a fan of that menu either, but I understand why you picked it (because of mista parasite, am i rite?)

Swartz fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 2, 2015

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Swartz posted:

Long time no Stalka chat.

Expect Call of Chernobyl soon.
I don't think my buddies would appreciate me going into the details, so I won't. There's been an indefinite hold-up, I'll put it that way.
Anyway it will be released or "leaked" sometime soon.
It's plenty stable, so it should be fine.

I'm working steadily on un-loving the alpha release of Radium that I made Ddraig suffer through (read: I did some actual work on it).

He also has some sweet ideas that are coming along nicely. I hope to wrap up my first commit to our extra top secret private repo this Monday or Tuesday if I can keep up with the rate I'm going at currently.

This sounds like someone is being a drama queen about some dumb poo poo and is holding poo poo up :v:

Not you specifically but the issue

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bolow posted:

This sounds like someone is being a drama queen about some dumb poo poo and is holding poo poo up :v:

Not you specifically but the issue

I really want to explain but I can't (unless no guests can view the forum right now/for a while. Is that the case? I'm afraid to log out and check... :( ).
Nothing to do with me, nobody being a drama queen.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Aside from the menu I'm still thinking of things.

I've got underground emissions to work but unsurprisingly changing levels while one is going on fucks up a few things while the emission is going on (going from underground to overground and vice versa)

I'm thinking it may just be prudent to maybe change the all.spawn to prevent leaving underground levels while an emission is going on, as the failsafes look ugly (basically in the update function if the underground flag is set and you're on a level where it's not underground, disabling the flag and quickly changing the weather etc)

Also looking forward to the finalish weathers so I can get all BP on that too.

I've got a question anyway. How do people feel about the PDA news that a lot of mods feature? Not the dynamic news stuff like mutants spawning etc, but chatter between various stalkers? If I do implement it, it's probably not going to be that frequent (not on OGSE levels anyway)

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

Also looking forward to the finalish weathers so I can get all BP on that too.

I've got a question anyway. How do people feel about the PDA news that a lot of mods feature? Not the dynamic news stuff like mutants spawning etc, but chatter between various stalkers? If I do implement it, it's probably not going to be that frequent (not on OGSE levels anyway)

Finalish weathers? Wasn't even thinking about that. Add on an extra day maybe so I can finalize it.

I like PDA News but I like it even better when it actually reflects what's going on.

Also:

(Thanks sir Koma)

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Glad to see he's got the new player models going.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Have any of you played the mod "In Spite of the Death" ? (lol engrish)

They've released some videos, looks kinda interesting: http://www.moddb.com/mods/in-spite-of-the-death/news/video-the-forest

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Vaguely STALKER-related, I was checking around GSC's new website and I while looking at their titles, I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmQ6jDJS_b8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnG6uY0eS4o

And well, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96UnChRqxS0

Still, pretty funny that they made two shooters (one of them uses modular weapons, reminds me of Republic Commando) and decided to make a whole lot of RTSes before going back to the FPS business :v:

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
As soon as the guy took the machine gun in the FireStarter video, I could instantly see that, yes, these guys made S.T.A.L.K.E.R. by the way the character held it.

Cool how some things are carried through developments.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
What can cause a whole ton of loading issues with CS: The Faction War mod? Quick loading is always perilous because I either hang on Client: Synchronizing or a straight up CTD.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

What's a good content-addition mod for ShoC after I wrap up this vanilla CoP run? I've played ShoC vanilla (ZRP) and with AA2 (such a great mod!) but want more.

I installed Secret Trails 2 + AA2 but it seems to be a slow burn kind of game (I've been walking behind people for most of the first hour or so I've put in), I'm looking for something more like ShoC which gives you lots of stuff to do right away. Are any of the other new storyline mods good (Photographer or Spatial Anomaly)?

Oblivion Lost seems interesting, but wow so many versions. Is OLR 2.5 the way to go for that mod? That runs on 1.0006, right?

E: Is the Russian edition of the game strictly required for OLR 2.5 or can I play with the Steam US version? I also seem to have taken a significant Stalker step by using google translate on ap-pro to find the latest macron patches for 2.5.

E2: For future reference: OLR 2.5 is standalone so you don't need any particular version of Stalker to run it. Links to both the mod and the English translation are at http://pastebin.com/7bhDCP9A - the link to the patch doesn't work because the patch has since been updated to version 10. The latest patch seems to always be linked in the OP of this thread: http://ap-pro.ru/forum/35-10137-473 (you'll need to translate to find the Patches section unless you read Russian).

v1ld fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 13, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Most russian mods now run on 1.0006

You'll still get weird holdouts who are 1.0004 or die but that's the exception rather than the rule now.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Ddraig, is the AI in Radium pretty mangled for you as well or is it just me? Broken quests, AI behaving very erratically at times, shooting at me through floors, etc.

I'm not blaming you, maybe that's the state those scripts were in, just wondering if you encountered the same.

The internal alpha is pretty much ready to go after I do a couple more minor things. The thing is it looks like I have to locally download the repo before I can commit to it which is a pain in the butt (I just downloaded a zip of it).

I'll have to wait until tonight to give the alpha to others though, but the crap I've done should be uploaded to the repo as soon as I can.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I haven't really encountered anything too odd.

I haven't played it hugely though.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I noticed Survarium last night and when I read it mentioned in the thread today I decided to try it. Started out strong (and that sound really is amazing), but I either started getting fatigued or was up against too many lovely assholes with pay-to-win gear so I got fed up and quit. Might pick it back up again sometime; I'm AlanQSmithee ingame.

What is the deal with the artifacts in it?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

I noticed Survarium last night and when I read it mentioned in the thread today I decided to try it. Started out strong (and that sound really is amazing), but I either started getting fatigued or was up against too many lovely assholes with pay-to-win gear so I got fed up and quit. Might pick it back up again sometime; I'm AlanQSmithee ingame.

What is the deal with the artifacts in it?

The paid gear isn't good, wait until you see someone with a green or orange item. Paid gear has 1 combat modifier, and 2 modifiers that basically give them more money when they get kills with that weapon. An orange weapon has 3 combat modifiers, and they wreck face.

Just make sure all your gear is roughly the same level if you're getting destroyed in game. If you have all level 1 armor and a level 5 gun you found, you'll be rounded up to equipment level 5 and placed in a level 5 game, so you'll be fighting people with mostly level 4/5 gear when you only have, say, a single piece of level 5 gear.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Sure thing:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/akm0dh5ktxvhjyl/Tourist's_Delight_(LA).7z

http://www.mediafire.com/download/44c9m98f8veloz7/Hotfix.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eqjix7hiq68db5u/gamedata.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dtdsmxipqypulrn/config.7z

Install the various elements in the order they're linked (main file, hotfix, 'gamedata', 'config')

If you run across any huge gamebreaking bugs I'll do my best to fix them, but I'm not really actively working on this at the moment as I'm focused on Radium.

I probably won't revisit this until after the Developer's Cut is released because it's sort of apparent a lot of the engine stuff in LA is wonky, to the point where some basic elements just flat out don't work (such as setting weather effects)

I have LA patched to the latest (3003 near as I can tell) and it used to work fine, but after installing everything above in the right order now the game won't start. I get the message "cannot open file fsgame.ltx check your working folder." The only helpful advice I can find online is to delete any user.ltx files I can find, but that didn't help.

Might be related: It's not clear from your instructions, am I meant to remove the gamedata.dbb and .dbc files and use your gamedata folder instead, or put the gamedata folder in there with those two files and leave them be? Your install instructions say to delete the existing gamedata folder but there's no existing folder, just those two files.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The gamedata folder just means if there's a folder there called gamedata, delete that so you don't get any mod conflicts.

Lost Alpha is entirely packed into db* files so those are kind of essential :v:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Been extremely addicted to Misery for the past week. Well loving done, you guys. Had an idea around the ninth or tenth time I died in a fire anomaly: Maybe rain could give a significant bump to thermal/acid defense to all actors, and a decrease in defense against electricity. Having the environment add yet another layer of strategy like that would be super dope for players at the start of the game I think.

Now that I'm this weather kick, what do you think the zone would look like covered in snow? For such a slavic experience to have no snow, or bears really for that matter, it just doesn't feel right.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Saw this today and got a serious Stalker vibe from it:

http://www.businessinsider.com/abandoned-communist-headquarters-in-bulgaria-2015-5

What a cool location this would be to explore in a Stalker universe.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I gave up on Clear Sky TFW because of all the CTD-while-loading problems, but now the same thing is happening to me with SoC AA2. All I get is the "xr3da has stopped working" message and I get booted to the desktop. I check the log file in the stalker-shoc>log folder and its always empty.Is this something with my computer since im having this issue across both games? I really have no idea what to make of it.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Right so here's my outline:

I'm probably going to keep the weapon/combat stuff, and the general mutant deadliness (will possibly tone it down a bit), but as a compromise I'm not including any of the Misery spawns which turns the Zone into a hellish wasteland where no living thing could survive. So places like the Iron Forest etc will have the poltergeist there, and not the poltergeist, a controller, and several hundred zombies like it does in Misery.

Also toning down the stalker spawns to make it feel a bit more desolate. I'll also throw in the unofficial Call of Pripyat patch for good measure, just to get rid of vanilla bugs.

Artefacts will not have radiation. There should be some reward to getting them, which doesn't involve you blowing all the money you would get from them on antirads and crap to keep you alive because it's murdering you slowly.

All the graphical updates will be there, including the renders, shaders, weathers and all that other neat stuff.

The only items that I'm going to keep are the actual usable items, and I'll be removing all the active effects aside from sounds. Stuff like dynamic helmets etc will all be included because they're cool and a neat option.

All that crap like teeth in jars, books, weird poo poo that serves no purpose will be removed. I imagine this will increase performance substantially just from that.

How does this sound?

I'll also make just a graphic/sound/atmosphere overhaul option with only atmospheric changes and no gameplay elements beyond what you'd find in Misery 1.0, for those that don't want any Misery in your Misery.

Did this go anywhere? I'd love to try it out if so.

I'm in the early stages of my first Misery 1.2 run and would like to upgrade the graphics/sound/atmosphere to the later mod while leaving the gameplay intact.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
At the moment I'm focused on Radium which is coming on leaps and bounds since last time. If I've got some spare time I'll definitely consider it. i had an attempt but it it was a bit heavy handed and kept a slight bit more of the Misery 2.1 bullshit than I would have liked.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I just caught up with all the news posts and Radium looks very cool, all of it - gameplay, engine tweaks, the lot. I'd much rather have that to play than Misery 1.5 honestly!

AA2's mechanic of preventing any activity but movement when applying a bandage or medkit added real tension to some fights where you had to scramble to a presumably safe enough spot in a hurry. Are you folks adding anything like that? Looks like Gunslinger has animations for it, like in FC2/FC3.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

v1ld posted:

AA2's mechanic of preventing any activity but movement when applying a bandage or medkit added real tension to some fights where you had to scramble to a presumably safe enough spot in a hurry. Are you folks adding anything like that? Looks like Gunslinger has animations for it, like in FC2/FC3.

That's easy to add, we could do that. Animations are another matter however. We've gone through lots of animators with very little luck, but I was just contacted by one that says he's going to give things a try, so it's possible.

Going to see how much I can work on Radium too today.

Unfortunately I still can't loving commit to the repo. I'm going to contact their support team about it, as I need to be able to contribute to the repo in a normal way.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've done a few videos about things I've been working on in Radium. Mainly emissions as they're the most interesting to look and most of the other stuff is boring as hell really :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDhM8fl7F7M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epWprohZ38I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjEnvAv2dlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEEcCWgpS4c

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ddraig posted:

Aside from the menu I'm still thinking of things.

I've got underground emissions to work but unsurprisingly changing levels while one is going on fucks up a few things while the emission is going on (going from underground to overground and vice versa)

I'm thinking it may just be prudent to maybe change the all.spawn to prevent leaving underground levels while an emission is going on, as the failsafes look ugly (basically in the update function if the underground flag is set and you're on a level where it's not underground, disabling the flag and quickly changing the weather etc)

I would suggest just blocking the player from leaving like OL does sleeping during a blowout with some message like "Blowout stalker, stay underground" or something

Tried a faction war mod for SoC, was cool having all the factions in new places and new missions and whatnot, but felt like a modded Complete with more crashes and lots of extra stutter. Ended up tossing it after dying for the umpteenth time because the game would freeze long enough to get killed

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 18, 2015

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Ddraig posted:

I've done a few videos about things I've been working on in Radium. Mainly emissions as they're the most interesting to look and most of the other stuff is boring as hell really :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDhM8fl7F7M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epWprohZ38I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjEnvAv2dlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEEcCWgpS4c

COME ON OVER BRO

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Figured out what I did wrong before and I've been playing Lost Alpha + DDraig's changes for a couple days. Funny how you can make more rubli killing dudes and selling their armor than by hunting for artifacts. Anyway, question: is that guy who gives you Strelok's stash info after the fight with the army supposed to be hostile? He was crouching down like he was scared but when I approached he shot at me, so i had to put him down. I don't remember whether this happened the first time I played it, on "vanilla" LA.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
That feller named Mole?
Usually you are supposed to help him by wiping out the army chillbro's crashing his pad. He's Often the last man standing, so don't kill stalkers and wipe out the army there, then initiate a convo by walking up to him.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Yeah Mole. As far as I know I only killed Army guys. Mole wasn't even a red dot on my map, he just aggro'd for no discernible reason.

Next problem: Where the heck is the Duty prisoner the bandits are holding in Dark Valley or whatever its called. I got the side mission on my way back from having all my stuff stolen by those Sin fuckers, but I've been all up and down the building where his little quest mark is and there's no sign of him.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
If I remember correctly, he's in the basement.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

OhGreatAGinger posted:

If I remember correctly, he's in the basement.

Found him, can't see any way to open the cage. Allegedly there's a button? On a wall?

Needed a break from all the walking back and forth in LA, and I felt more like fighting guys than endless packs of zombie dogs, so I jumped into The Faction War for CS. It's weird seeing a variation on all the same locations, and the locations don't feel as "real" as in CoP, and I haven't picked a side yet. I'll scrounge around the battlefields for guns and stuff for a while first. Am I going to find armor on bodies, like in LA w/Dd, or do I have to buy it from someone?

Radiation is a real pain here, getting fried seems to happen way too quickly and even without a full dose, it drains your health pretty fast. Kind of a pain in the rear end.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Hunger is also a bit of an early game issue to avoid. If it ever goes to yellow, you're walking all the way back home and pausing for breath every 25 yards like in Misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Took a mission to kill a Duty commander to earn faction points, but I don't want to make Duty outright hostile to me yet so I thought I'd do a surgical strike... but killing the guy with the big yellow marker on his map dot doesn't finish the mission, I have to end up killing everybody in his squad. Battlefield promotion? Is there a way to stealthily do this to where the kill doesn't count against you?