Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I just got an update from Touring Plans telling me all my crowd predictions have gone from low to high. I'm pissed and thinking about canceling my trip. I don't deal with crowds well.

Look at this poo poo:

Walt Disney World Crowd Tracker Updates!

November 09, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 4 to 6.
November 09, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 3 to 6.
November 09, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 6 to 8.
November 09, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 7 to 5.
November 09, 2015: Disney's Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 5 to 6.
November 10, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 4 to 6.
November 10, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
November 10, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 5 to 7.
November 10, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 5 to 6.
November 10, 2015: Disney's Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 3 to 6.
November 11, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 4 to 6.
November 11, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 3 to 7.
November 11, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
November 11, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 4 to 6.
November 11, 2015: Disney's Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.
November 12, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 4.
November 12, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 2 to 4.
November 12, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
November 12, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 3 to 4.
November 12, 2015: Disney's Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
November 13, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 2 to 4.
November 13, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
November 13, 2015: Disney's Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
November 13, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 2 to 4.
November 14, 2015: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
November 14, 2015: Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
November 14, 2015: Disney's Animal Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 4 to 3.
November 14, 2015: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 5.
November 14, 2015: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 4 to 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Ugh, TouringPlans.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Are they awful or something? I use them for planning a lot.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I don't know if they've improved their algorithm or whatever it is they use but for a while their crowd estimates were really bad.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Their crowd predictions are poo poo, and that time of year you're going to be fine. Don't fret. EPCOT might be a little crowded during wine and dine weekend, but the rest of the parks will be fine.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

mearn posted:

I don't know if they've improved their algorithm or whatever it is they use but for a while their crowd estimates were really bad.

Hrm. I wonder if they would hire me as a statistician to do predictions for them :p

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Tim Whatley posted:

Dammit Demon don't make me buy a plane ticket.

Don't do that! Just drive down.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I'm going 6/21-27, based on touring plans I'm hosed. I'm not worried, it's always crowded somewhere in Disney and there is plenty to do.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Last October I was at Disney and the crowds were so heavy. I have crowd PTSD. I'll never go in October again because of that. Touring Plans predicted much lower crowds than there actually were so I think that's why I'm freaking out. But I've had this trip planned for over a year and I might die if I don't go, so I guess I'll suck it up and deal.

Between this and the clusterfuck that was dining availability this week and last week, I'm very much over free dining.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

"Hey my roommate knows you. from some forum" a thing someone said to me today. it's a hella small world, Disney Goons.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Braksgirl posted:

Last October I was at Disney and the crowds were so heavy. I have crowd PTSD. I'll never go in October again because of that. Touring Plans predicted much lower crowds than there actually were so I think that's why I'm freaking out. But I've had this trip planned for over a year and I might die if I don't go, so I guess I'll suck it up and deal.

Between this and the clusterfuck that was dining availability this week and last week, I'm very much over free dining.

They're as accurate about hih crowds as they are about low, if it makes you feel any better.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

"Hey my roommate knows you. from some forum" a thing someone said to me today. it's a hella small world, Disney Goons.

Bahaha. To be fair, me knowing everyone at Disney world has become sort of a running joke among them.

Godspeed to everyone coming out for the 24 hour event. I got to the park about 10pm last year and closed it out but this year the family I'll be with has already said they want to do MK so I'll be there in the trenches.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

This will be our 5th trip and we've gone at all different times, though this will be our first June trip. There is so much to do that if its way to crowded we know to just find something else to do or go to the pool.

We are also spending a day at Universal this year so that will be an interesting twist to the trip.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I always preferred easywdw crowd calendars. It might be mostly due to how much I love his cynical posting on the site.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

couldcareless posted:

I always preferred easywdw crowd calendars. It might be mostly due to how much I love his cynical posting on the site.

He is also rarely wrong. I follow his reports when I am looking to go to a park on a day off, and it never steers me wrong. I also chatted with him over lunch once (humble brag, I guess?) and he's very nice.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Can you activate more than one MB for an account? Since I see them as fashion accessories more it would be nice to mix and match to outfits and stuff without the next to activate daily.

Or can I only do one and everytime I'm at the park I have to activate the MB I want for the day.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

You can, I have 3 on my account now.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

You can, I have 3 on my account now.

Oh man for real? That's awesome.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Disney Area Goons: Ya'll don't know anybody looking for roommates do you? I am desperately looking. My current situation seems poised to blow up at any moment, I am staying with a friend, but the roommate in his house that likes to play parent has started taking issue with it. I am trying to find something near West Clock, like within walking or biking distance, or someplace that I can catch a bus to West Clock (the 50 goes to TTC and the 56 goes to West Clock directly, so I can finagle with those)

This sucks. I wish I had more money to just rent an apartment of my own, but I just had all my bills pay at once, so I can't even begin to put down a deposit.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It's in!

Once again, props to demonR6 for being the best goon and putting up with insanity to grab me this. I look forward to using it during our October trip

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

couldcareless posted:

It's in!

Once again, props to demonR6 for being the best goon and putting up with insanity to grab me this. I look forward to using it during our October trip

Sweet! Hope you like it.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Tracking says mine arrive today too! But I'm out of town at a stupid conference and won't get to bask in all its Donald glory until tomorrow evening :[

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

I did snag me a badass Han Solo in carbonite popcorn bucket from some nice user in Orlando. :cheers:
Whaaaaaat? Pics. Now.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Cais posted:

Godspeed to everyone coming out for the 24 hour event. I got to the park about 10pm last year and closed it out but this year the family I'll be with has already said they want to do MK so I'll be there in the trenches.

After last year and making it 21 hours, I'm skipping it this time. There is only so many times you can sleep through Presidents and Carousel of Progress.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Thanks to demonR6 and Braksgirl, I am getting pretty set for my 30th birthday trip in December

Now I just have to figure out.... everything else. Like oh god, where do I do my birthday dinner?!?! I kinda want to go to Boma, but I hate the idea of leaving a park to eat. I want to maximize my time. And what if Im at Universal that day for crowd reasons!? How much can I reasonably get done in EPCOT in 2 hours?!

So excitttteeeddddddddd

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Doronin posted:

After last year and making it 21 hours, I'm skipping it this time. There is only so many times you can sleep through Presidents and Carousel of Progress.

If I had a comp ticket, I'd totally go, but my usual free pass is blocked out (which I totally get) so I will stay home and read the war stories on Facebook.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

If I had a comp ticket, I'd totally go, but my usual free pass is blocked out (which I totally get) so I will stay home and read the war stories on Facebook.

We are planning on arriving around midnight. Fresh and ready to outlast those too tired and worn out.

I'll post highlights.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
If anyone is able to snag one of those Han Solo in carbonite popcorn buckets for me I'd be grateful.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
We are going again this weekend. I'll see how much a bucket of popcorn costs. Neither of us really eat popcorn so..

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

demonR6 posted:

We are going again this weekend. I'll see how much a bucket of popcorn costs. Neither of us really eat popcorn so..

I think the Mine Cart bucket I picked up earlier this year was like $15. I know shipping will be stupid, but if it's around that at the park I'm good for it.

Thanks for checking it out for me!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Oracle posted:

Whaaaaaat? Pics. Now.

It was nice to get a piece of & atmosphere of the parks delivered all the way up here to NH.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The Mickey buckets from MNSSHP are $12, so they're probably about that much. You can tell them not to put the popcorn in if you don't want it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just got back from seeing Tomorrowland. It's good, movie kinda owns.

Go see it if you're into that kinda thing.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

There's a live 24 hour stream on YouTube at Magic Kingdom. It's kinda like I'm there :saddowns:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Braksgirl posted:

The Mickey buckets from MNSSHP are $12, so they're probably about that much. You can tell them not to put the popcorn in if you don't want it.

Wait, is this a site?? I must have a link.

Tim Whatley posted:

There's a live 24 hour stream on YouTube at Magic Kingdom. It's kinda like I'm there :saddowns:

Guess what I got for you??

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

demonR6 posted:

Wait, is this a site?? I must have a link.
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, assuming you meant the acronym.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yes, was not even thinking she was referring to an event. They might be charging more since SWW gives them a good reason. I'll go check later when I loop back around to the shops. I was on another magic band run today and got the second poster in the series.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

demonR6 posted:

Guess what I got for you??

ALL HAIL THE KING

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I have an extra Stormtrooper I picked up in case anyone wants one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
I'm an annual passholder at Disneyland, and I go with my boyfriend all the time. I want to go to Disneyworld REAL BAD but I need to have money for that to be a thing, so I'm reading this thread to relieve my travel desire. Question: are vegetarian options as pervasive there as they are here in CA? There's one in every single in-park restaurant. I realize I could comb over every menu to get this information but I would just like a general overview.