Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Harrow posted:

If this is what heaven's trumpets sound like, then God and the angels better be some Lovecraftian poo poo or I'm going to be seriously disappointed in their musical skills.

I always assumed they were, judging from ancient descriptions and the enemy designs on Bayonetta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tender Bender posted:

Don't forget the time he called a female employee and masturbated over the phone while talking to her about his fantasies, including "rubbing the falafel thing on your pussy".

That quote out of context is disturbingly hilarious but in-context you realize he's talking about a loofah.

In Atheist in the Fox-Hole the author talks about how from the time that happened saying "falafel" in earshot of Billo was practically a fire-able offense.

That's a good book you should read if you're interested in a behind-the-scenes liberal look at Fox.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Wow,, guys, looks like we were wrong. Seems Blindo aint' so blind after all:

quote:

In an interview with ThinkProgress, Lang joked that he might be the most hated Republican in the country right now. But he also said that, thanks in part to a flood of media attention that led him to learn more about health care policy, he doesn’t identify with the GOP anymore.

“Now that I’m looking at what each party represents, my wife and I are both saying — hey, we’re not Republicans!” Lang said. He added that, though he’s not a political person by nature and has never voted solely along party lines, he wants to rip up his voter registration card on national television so Americans will have proof that he’s making the switch.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/05/19/3660701/luis-lang-obamacare/

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Good for him!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Mr Interweb posted:

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

:unsmith:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
He was blind, but now can see

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Mr Interweb posted:

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Left out the best part

quote:

He said he’s always tried to take responsibility for his own bills, but he also believes that the United States should move toward a universal health care system that makes coverage available to everyone regardless of their income level. He said he “one hundred percent agrees” with the people who commented on his crowdfunding page to argue that health care is a human right.

ronpaul.gif

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Conservatives will say he got lured away from the party of God with free stuff from the government, much like the blacks and the Mexicans.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

happyhippy posted:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/bill-oreilly-accused-of-physically-assaulting-his-ex-wife-in-front-of-their-daughter/

At least we have a retort when he goes after Hillary.
"Why don't you choke hold her Bill!"

Can't wait for the new book "Killing Mrs. O'Reilley"

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

So is he "Not a Republican"(tm) in the actual sane person sense ore just the "I'm a Libertarian!" sense?

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

quote:

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly denied an explosive report by Gawker on Monday that alleged he had been accused of assault against his ex-wife before they were separated.

"All allegations against me in these circumstances are 100% false," O'Reilly told Politico later that day in a statement through his personal attorney.

"I am going to respect the court-mandated confidentiality put in place to protect my children and will not comment any further," he said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bill-oreilly-gawker-report-denial

You want to protect your children, but you just publicly called your daughter a liar, Dipshit.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Thump! posted:

So is he "Not a Republican"(tm) in the actual sane person sense ore just the "I'm a Libertarian!" sense?

Well, it wouldn't be very libertarian of him to be in favor of universal public healthcare.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lycus posted:

Well, it wouldn't be very libertarian of him to be in favor of universal public healthcare.

I guess not, but hey, no ones perfect, right? :v:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well holy poo poo, what do ya know? Some people can actually change for the better :)

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

razorrozar posted:

In Atheist in the Fox-Hole the author talks about how from the time that happened saying "falafel" in earshot of Billo was practically a fire-able offense.

That's a good book you should read if you're interested in a behind-the-scenes liberal look at Fox.

Seconding this. From the description it sounds like it's some deep cover expose about a guy who slipped into fox news but it's really more him just getting a job and working his way up in the company for a few years. Still a really interesting and humanizing look at some of the big names at fox though.

beatlegs posted:

You want to protect your children, but you just publicly called your daughter a liar, Dipshit.

Well he also has to protect his children... from themselves

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I'm pretty sure that's the main thing parenting is.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

razorrozar posted:

I will never stop being amused that he gets falafel and loofah mixed up somehow.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mr Interweb posted:

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Holy poo poo, I was right about something for once! He is learning!

I feel a lot better about people today. :unsmith:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My wife offered the phrase "the unfair care act" to a reporter who wanted to talk to me because I almost blinded myself to spite Obama....but I never voted straight party line. Nope. These are the actions of a shrewd and attentive political junkie. Yup.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I know a lot of people like that would would split tickets all the time. Local politics blurs the lines on party affiliation, especially when it comes to family. Now, in national and gubernatorial elections, yeah, straight-ticket R.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mr Interweb posted:

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

All he learned is which side his bread is buttered on.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The only thing resembling a notable right-wing talk station in Boston is dropping Rush

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/05/19/bostons-wrko-dropping-rush-limbaughs-show-from/203671

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Republicans posted:

All he learned is which side his bread is buttered on.

I hate to be overly cynical but yeah this is all it looks like.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rush is in his mid-60s. I have no doubt he'll do the show until his dying days, but I am curious as to what will happen when his show is finally kaput. There's going to be a nasty power vacuum, and I am curious as to how people are going to try to take his crown. Mimic him as much as possible? Or some horrible race to the bottom as everyone trips over themselves trying to be the purest conservative?

It'll be quite the show, I'm sure.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Rush is in his mid-60s. I have no doubt he'll do the show until his dying days, but I am curious as to what will happen when his show is finally kaput. There's going to be a nasty power vacuum, and I am curious as to how people are going to try to take his crown. Mimic him as much as possible? Or some horrible race to the bottom as everyone trips over themselves trying to be the purest conservative?

Chuck C. Johnson

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

An update from his GFM page:

quote:

I would like for all of my wonderful supporters to go to this link http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/05/19/3660701/luis-lang-obamacare/ this has been the first reporter that has told my side correctly. Now to put things straight I never said that I did not like or blamed president Obama for what has happened. In fact both me and my wife have very close friends that are gay. And they are upset by some of the comments by people who have never met us and passing judgment on us. Also like I said in the interview I would like to rip up my voters registration on tv. I have reach out to msnbc and abc in new york and waiting for them to call me back. In the mean while if you would call them and demand that they put it on national tv it might help. Either way as soon as I know when it will happen I will post it here to let you know. Please go to the link so what I am saying will make sense to all.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wales Grey posted:

Chuck C. Johnson

Yeah lol no. You cannot go full1488 and then return.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Maybe that Michael Savage guy. He's basically the same dude isn't he?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Honestly I think Alex Jones stands a real chance of moving up in a big way when Rush retires.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Nothing wrong with letting people be motivated by money! I think that is major failure of the capitalist left. Everything he'd ever heard told him his bread was buttered on the right side of the bread. Through bitter personal experience, he found that his bread was buttered on the left. Nothing wrong with that. I can't fault someone with 10 Mil+ in total assets pulling R, that is who the party is for (though that is on the low end of the real benefits that the Republican Party advocates for, but they are sufficiently insulated from their fuckery). Dudes like this guy, he just needed some education, some better framed messaging.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I can't criticize a working-class person finally voting according to their interests.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Silly thread, lefty's never convince anyone of anything, don't you know that?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Prester John posted:

Honestly I think Alex Jones stands a real chance of moving up in a big way when Rush retires.

He's too loud and scary for the Limbaugh audience.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Republicans posted:

He's too loud and scary for the Limbaugh audience.

He's a crossover hit though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Prester John posted:

He's already got a silly-huge following. You may be prescient here.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

He reminds me of videos of goats that sound like people when they yell. :3:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Hows that pipeline coming?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-pipeline-santa-barbara-coast-20150519-story.html

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They deployed staff! Job creation!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rorus Raz posted:

Talk radio is already collapsing with Rush, I don't doubt it might actually just die all together when he goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Yeah, national talk radio is dying. Rush's departure will probably hasten it.