Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Can't wait for it to cost 1500 certs or 1800DC when it comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Smedley must be the reigning World Blowjob Champion to still have a job.

Under his guidance his studio went from releasing a Genre creating hit to churning out B titles and running them into the ground with alarming speed.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Xae posted:

Smedley must be the reigning World Blowjob Champion to still have a job.

Under his guidance his studio went from releasing a Genre creating hit to churning out B titles and running them into the ground with alarming speed.

I know that there's easily googlable pictures of Smed, but I will forever imagine him as the pointy-haired boss from Dilbert.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Welp, just watched 3 extremely poorly flown AC repair Gals just wandering around the map, utterly invincible and killing everything. At once point it was at least 2 skyguards, 2 walkers from one sundy, various lock ons and dumbfires, 3-4 Mosquitos, and A LOCKDOWN BURSTER making passes. Didn't lose a single Gal, never left Bulldog range

New meta confirmed, there is literally no way to stop these things.

fake edit - they've been brought down. The solution apparently is fuckoff enormous swarms of Walker Sundies

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 20, 2015

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Walkers now cost more certs too by the way. Not as big a hike as on the G2A launchers but still.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
They upped the cost on G2A lawnchairs? I'm glad that was literally my first cert on every character.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Managed to log in briefly. Got some 2500 certs from the refund, not nearly as much as some, but I should manage to actually keep a few of those since I still have 1.5x sights equipped and functional on the AA and AP guns even though they're locked :v: If I'd upgraded those to 2x earlier I could have been up another couple thousands, oh well.

Fairly happy with my last-minute purchases if nothing else, I had snagged up every single 250c and under gun except for a few redundancies or stinkers like the Python HEAT, and it proved a wise choice. But I wish I had been even more cynical and grabbed some of the 500c stuff like Galaxy guns; I should have figured out that the cosmic business geniuses running DBG would try to turnip-bleed those.

I logged in late at night so there were hardly any people around, and it might be something else entirely at prime-time, but the new HUD elements seem fairly inoffensive to me; I was excepting something much more neon-sign-like, from the screenshots I'd seen on Reddit. Still :lol: how they just forgot to redo the Galaxy terminal icon.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

New icons don't scale to resolution, so if you've got a super low resolution they're ginormous

I actually like the new icons a lot. They need just a few minor tweaks and they could be great

Emy posted:

They upped the cost on G2A lawnchairs? I'm glad that was literally my first cert on every character.

It's probably the best value:cert ratio in the game tbh, right up there with the Cyclone and 22S

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 20, 2015

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Before today: Grounder, Mutilator, Pounder, MSW-R: Combined 850 certs, significantly opens up your options by giving you AA, AI and AV MAX gameplay and a more mobile alternative to the Carv.

After today that poo poo costs a combined total of over 2500 certs :laffo:

New players won't know that they're getting shafted if they try to buy guns, and whales like me already own everything worth owning, but middle-BR players or recent recruits could still really use those 1500 certs but if they're free players they can't reroll because all the poo poo they might already have bought is way more expensive anyway, making the bonus certs moot. Like Emy up there with his Hawk and MAX guns.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 20, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Psykmoe posted:

Before today: Grounder, Mutilator, Pounder, MSW-R: Combined 850 certs, significantly opens up your options by giving you AA, AI and AV MAX gameplay and a more mobile alternative to the Carv.

After today that poo poo costs a combined total of over 2500 certs :laffo:

What

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I was just thinking about picking up a pair of grinders the other day, too. :saddowns:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Someone bring up the fact that they are using the glock icon for terms and the humvee icon for vehicle terms--they clearly ripped this off from another game.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

G2A Lockon: 250 to 650.

Big magazine MAX arm to pair with the free starting arm: 250 to 650. If you want an identical pair instead of just running Quasar/Cosmos (or equivalents) together for cheap, you're looking at 800 extra certs compared to the old cost.

Second MAX AV to pair with free one: 250 to 1000.

100 cert LMG (GD-22S, MSW-R, Pulsar LSW): 100 to 325 or something.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 20, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Psykmoe posted:

Big magazine MAX arm to pair with the free starting arm: 250 to 650. If you want an identical pair instead of just running Quasar/Cosmos (or equivalents) together for cheap, you're looking at 800 extra certs compared to the old cost.

What is going on at DBG?

I haven't been on in a while but I've been following the thread and :wtc:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Higby I know you're reading this, just how good was Smed at giving blowjobs?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

What is going on at DBG?

Blatant and offensive cash grab by making things significantly more difficult to get without spending real money on. It's sad, really.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Tempest_56 posted:

Blatant and offensive cash grab by making things significantly more difficult to get without spending real money on. It's sad, really.

In all fairness they are giving out 1500 free certs by BR15.

Which is now meaningless because they just jacked up the cost of things.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
But hey, infantry guns now cost 1 less daybreak coin than before :downs:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I will give them credit for one thing, Smed has been kind of owning up to this massive fuckup and they seem to actually be working on reverting the super game breaking stuff immediately.

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap
Just when I thought I got a handle on the worst of the new and necro'd bugs "DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER."

Someone please tell me they didn't necro the hex crash bug back into existence.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Nookovian-Red posted:

Just when I thought I got a handle on the worst of the new and necro'd bugs "DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER."

Someone please tell me they didn't necro the hex crash bug back into existence.

Nothing surprises me at this point anymore.

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!
With how easy it is to get certs and how useless they are for many players, I can see why they raised prices and it doesn't really bother me much - it's not like they jacked the prices for cert upgrades... just weapons.

Everything else with the patch though... wow.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

fknlo posted:

I will give them credit for one thing, Smed has been kind of owning up to this massive fuckup and they seem to actually be working on reverting the super game breaking stuff immediately.

Yeah I'm actually pretty impressed with him for that. He's been all over the reddit threads saying "yeah I have no way to respond to your criticisms, those are all valid. We hosed up."

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Mustarde posted:

With how easy it is to get certs and how useless they are for many players, I can see why they raised prices and it doesn't really bother me much - it's not like they jacked the prices for cert upgrades... just weapons.

The cert-rich will have no problem, but that's not the issue. Low br and mid br players that are simply mediocre at shootmans will have an even harder time of getting that thing they want. 1500 starter certs is nice, but most new players will probably waste them as there's no one around to tell you where to wisely upgrade your gear. How many maxes have you run into with a br in the 40s or higher still shooting at you with one burster arm and a chaingun? Those free wrelfare guns and the survey guns were great and now they cost even more. I remember when i started playing it took me ages to get 1k certs to spend buying the vx6-7, and then i had to buy attachments. They raised the barrier to entry, the exact opposite of the point of the new player survey. Why do something this assbackwards?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Westy543 posted:

Yeah I'm actually pretty impressed with him for that. He's been all over the reddit threads saying "yeah I have no way to respond to your criticisms, those are all valid. We hosed up."

Which will be followed in a week by "Listen, that is all behind us".

Then when the next gently caress up happens we'll be back at square one.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Xae posted:

Which will be followed in a week by "Listen, that is all behind us".

Then when the next gently caress up happens we'll be back at square one.

All they need is to hotfix 1-2 things DAYBREAK BEST COMPANY EVER!!!!!! :a2m:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mustarde posted:

I've got 50,000 certs and haven't needed a cert I've earned in probably a year. This patch doesn't change that for me, but it does make it harder for new players. Not that anything is ACTUALLY able to stop a couple repair gals, but at least a Hawk gave them some agency in their gruesome deaths.

The 1500 initial certs is still 1500 free certs, which will get someone more than set up at whatever they choose to do. A new player isn't going to view them in terms of guns it can buy, but in terms of class upgrades, and those didn't go up. Anyway even in terms of guns 1500 certs is a Cyclone and 22S with room to spare

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I can assure you almost every new player is going to buy a 1000 cert gun for the class they started as, realize they still get dunked, and quit when they see it takes more than an hour of play to get another 1000 cert gun.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Psykmoe posted:

lol why does every developer for this game hate new players

Mustarde posted:

I would just like to remind you that you're in like the top 0.1% of good players in this game and certs are really not as easy to come by as you think.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

lol why does every developer for this game hate new players

It isn't that they hate new players, it is that they can't make good decisions.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
well you see, the cert economy, therefore,

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
hahahahahahahaha

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Don't forget low to mid rank players have a lot of poo poo that aren't guns to dump certs into as well. Class and vehicle abilities aren't exactly cheap for the higher ranks.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Westy543 posted:

I can assure you almost every new player is going to buy a 1000 cert gun for the class they started as, realize they still get dunked, and quit when they see it takes more than an hour of play to get another 1000 cert gun.

It should be 100 certs per BR all the way to BR 100, drat. I've been saying this forever.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

It should be 100 certs per BR with new player directives giving 200-400 certs each with around 10 new player directives total. Guide the new players via directives to ensure they don't blow it on guns then allow them to guide themselves.

You'd have 10 basic directives which are 'spend certs to improve these things' which lead to 'spend more certs and get some kills' so a new player can for instance specialize in LA and ESF's by investing more certs into those things which will lead to a more focused directive tree. The entire point would be to encourage new players to try different things then when they find something they like to spend some time with it while rewarding them with even more certs so eventually they can begin doing the same process with other game play styles.

The money maker should always be loving cosmetics with gun purchases being a small part. Or you know do completely loving stupid and retarded poo poo and hire back all the idiots who got fired for driving the game into the loving ground.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Arghy posted:

Or you know do completely loving stupid and retarded poo poo and hire back all the idiots who got fired for driving the game into the loving ground.

smedley never left

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

ZigZag posted:

I can UBGL people through shields again lol.

Hehe.

Hehehehe.

See you guys tonight. :jihad:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
gently caress the UBGL, you can lash people through the shields. And walls, I think explosions can go through walls again.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
gently caress Lasher, I was doing terrible things with the Marauder last night. Terrible things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Logged back in, hello 7k refunded vehicle optics certs.

• Locked thread