Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Rorus Raz posted:

The rich, of course, largely managed to avoid the virus.

If it's not obvious, a thing happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

What? What?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

The nice thing about spending $100M+ on art by someone who's dead is you don't have to worry about the dumb old artist who created the work deriving any benefit from the money used to purchase it, as a reward for his or her skills and efforts.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 20, 2015

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

This implies a least one DbD has had boobs in it for a good reason.

If I'm remembering my DbD, I think there was at least one time where boobs were part of the "plot" as part of a distraction while they kidnapped federal agents or something?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I was wondering when the first :argh: Obama has a Twitter account :argh: cartoon would come out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Obama has had a twitter account for years though?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Deep Hurting posted:

The nice thing about spending $100M+ on art by someone who's dead is you don't have to worry about the dumb old artist who created the work deriving any benefit from the money used to purchase it, as a reward for his or her skills and efforts.

Yeah, it's a shame artists are only ever allowed to create one thing and never profit off their fame.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

duz posted:

Yeah, it's a shame artists are only ever allowed to create one thing and never profit off their fame.
I mean, a lot of artists got famous posthumously, which is pretty sad.

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Rorus Raz posted:

Obama has had a twitter account for years though?

Seriously, this. You could even say he has two considering how @WhiteHouse tweets.

I can't wait for when he leaves office and the right jumps on Emperor Obama for not giving up the @POTUS handle quickly enough to his successor.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Acropolis posted:

Seriously, this. You could even say he has two considering how @WhiteHouse tweets.

I can't wait for when he leaves office and the right jumps on Emperor Obama for not giving up the @POTUS handle quickly enough to his successor.

Given who his successor will be, they'll likely portray her as a shrill harpy hounding him to give it to her. Hatred of Hillary will be in, and Obama hate will be out.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cpt.Americant posted:

If I'm remembering my DbD, I think there was at least one time where boobs were part of the "plot" as part of a distraction while they kidnapped federal agents or something?

Still not sure that counts as a good reason.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
By that logic nothing in DbD has a reason to exist.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is it our fault IS took that city, but in some way other than that we broke Iraq?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Acropolis posted:

Yeah, but his successor is going to be Hillary so... would they imply that Hillary was actually the real president?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The best part of being president is you're allowed to climb on the national monuments.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Acropolis posted:

And this isn't unique at all. Most of the republican candidates have Twitter accounts. Ted Cruz has had one since 2009, and Rubio since 2008.

It's just outright lying at this point. That's how unhinged Ramirez is becoming.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Titus Sardonicus posted:

I was wondering when the first :argh: Obama has a Twitter account :argh: cartoon would come out.

Obama tweets on the grave of dead American soldiers, and not in bed or on the shitter like the rest of us.

e:

.Edward Penischin fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 20, 2015

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Fulchrum posted:

By that logic nothing in DbD has a reason to exist.

This guy gets it.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

AAAAAAA

He'd be complaining about SJWs if he knew the term.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Portals posted:

AAAAAAA

He'd be complaining about SJWs if he knew the term.

He's done this joke roughly fifteen thousand times. Especially during Obama's first run for president. Now link to that YouTube where Tinsley claims he does seventy hours research a week.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Rorus Raz posted:

And this isn't unique at all. Most of the republican candidates have Twitter accounts. Ted Cruz has had one since 2009, and Rubio since 2008.

It's just outright lying at this point. That's how unhinged Ramirez is becoming.

Well, the unique thing this time, at least the first tweet implies, is that while previous handles were run by staffers (occasionally a tweet would end -bo to indicate Obama actually wrote it), this new handle is ALL being handled directly by Obama

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Starshark posted:

He's done this joke roughly fifteen thousand times. Especially during Obama's first run for president. Now link to that YouTube where Tinsley claims he does seventy hours research a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymIHv8n1nE

He says he does "80 to 90 hours" of research each week in this video

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Mister Beeg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymIHv8n1nE

He says he does "80 to 90 hours" of research each week in this video

Hahahaaha

E: That's more than I study and I'm doing Honours. Okay, that's not saying anything, I'm a lazy student, but I don't think I'd be clearing that if was doing a PhD.

Starshark fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 20, 2015

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
So I was made aware of this drawing:

This was drawn after Lincoln was assassinated. As far as I know, this could be the very first obit cartoon ever.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Mister Beeg posted:

This was drawn after Lincoln was assassinated. As far as I know, this could be the very first obit cartoon ever.

Think you're looking for the PYF Erotic Presidential Fanart thread.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Armadillo isn't a racist term. Not the way that we talk about the lazy, stupid, pathetic anteaters anyway.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I can only assume that by 80-90 hours of research a week, Tinsley actually means that he spends 80-90 hours with Fox News on in the background.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Mister Beeg posted:

This was drawn after Lincoln was assassinated. As far as I know, this could be the very first slash cartoon ever.

Fixed for accuracy

No, that's actually gorgeous. My hands ache looking at the cloud work alone. I wonder what the dimensions/mediums are?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mister Beeg posted:

What about the pictograpic inscriptions of pharaohs on their tomb walls?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Rorus Raz posted:

But is it art?

It's pretty, certainly.

e: Samuel Clemens :argh:

Xi over Xi-bar
May 10, 2009
Painter Atena Farghadani faces prison for drawing a cartoon in Iran

Amnesty International posted:

Atena Farghadani is a prisoner of conscience, detained and facing years in prison for her peaceful activism.

28-year-old Atena will be tried on 19 May on charges including ‘spreading propaganda against the system’ and ‘insulting members of parliament through paintings’.

Iran is currently creating a law that will roll back women’s rights in the country by restricting access to contraception and criminalising voluntary sterilisation. Atena’s cartoon, which depicted politicians in favour of this Bill, is now being held against her – one of the charges she faces at her trial on Tuesday 19 May is ‘insulting members of parliament through paintings’.

While in prison last year, Atena flattened paper cups to use them as a surface to paint on. When the prison guards realised what she had been doing, they confiscated her paintings and stopped giving her paper cups. When Atena found some cups in the bathroom, she smuggled them into her cell. Soon after, she was beaten by prison guards, when she refused to strip naked for a full body search. Atena says that they knew about her taking the cups because they had installed cameras in the toilet and bathroom facilities – cameras detainees had been told were not operating.

Looks like those monkeys and boars in parliament did it again - what a bunch of animals.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I know I posted these before, but since I'm pretty sure we have newer people...

Back in 1998, Non Sequitur did a storyline where a radio host interviewed "Red Tall". You can probably figure out who Wiley's poking fun at.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

a moron making fun of an idiot. how fitting.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Mister Beeg posted:

I know I posted these before, but since I'm pretty sure we have newer people...

Back in 1998, Non Sequitur did a storyline where a radio host interviewed "Red Tall". You can probably figure out who Wiley's poking fun at.

As a companion piece, have this comic where he whines about millennials not hiring him either.

And of course, Gen-Xers also had it pretty easy, all things considered. In case you wondered whether Ted Rall was merely cartooning about his own problems and projecting them on everyone--

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Oh boy, a new character. I'm looking forward to the wacky hijinks that are sure to ensue in the coming weeks.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Oh no. Day by Day and Hope n' Change are merging. We're looking at a singularity of poo poo!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I'm not saying he's good or anything, but I can at least see that this guy believes that jokes are things that exist, and that he even makes them when he can. (He also has some cartoons that take place in "Stately Jarlsberg Manor", a joke for which I am a sucker. :shobon:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.
Vagino-american? Seriously? :raise:

• Locked thread