Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Seth using the pedigree is rad because his DDT move sucked rear end and this is just more heel heat for the most hated man on the show. Plus, when he turns on the Authority (or vice versa) it is going to be a massive face pop when he hits it on Triple H.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mob posted:

I'm really, really cool with Seth using the Pedigree as his finisher for the next 15+ years and busting out the curbstomp as a super finisher like the Punt or Burning Hammer.

Seth already has a super finisher, the Phoenix Splash

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No because A) it's a family thing and B) others have aped it as well. NO one else has ever used the Pedigree in WWE with any regularity.

Chyna used it as her finisher for a while before she started using a sleeper slam (I think). She even did a really lovely second rope one to Jericho

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

Chyna used it as her finisher for a while before she started using a sleeper slam (I think). She even did a really lovely second rope one to Jericho

Literally blanked on Chyna. Still a little different though.

Mob posted:

I'm really, really cool with Seth using the Pedigree as his finisher for the next 15+ years and busting out the curbstomp as a super finisher like the Punt or Burning Hammer.

:agreed: but I still loathe that they banned the curbstomp, especially from loving video packages of all things.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If Seth does adopt the Pedigree full time, has anyone ever adopted another SUPER well known finisher like that with a kayfabe blessing from the original user as well?

Wasn't Santino using the Stunner and a bunch of other Stone Cold mannerisms for a long time? I can only assume that Austin was fine with that.

Did Lethal ever get permission to use Macho Man's finisher? I assume he had Flair's permission when he adopted that persona.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So how much of a big deal was Big Boss Man really?

Like, I remember his Attitude Era run where he fed Al Snow his own dog and got hanged by Undertaker, but don't really recall anything notable from his first WWF run, where he was basically the wrestling version of Paul Blart. Was there anything there to merit a real push for the HOF, or was he just one of those "Hall of Very Good" guys?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Benne posted:

Like, I remember his Attitude Era run where he fed Al Snow his own dog and got hanged by Undertaker

How is this insufficient

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

bradzilla posted:

Seth already has a super finisher, the Phoenix Splash

Which is also a signature move for Neville, who does it better.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Benne posted:

Like, I remember his Attitude Era run where he fed Al Snow his own dog and got hanged by Undertaker, but don't really recall anything notable from his first WWF run, where he was basically the wrestling version of Paul Blart. Was there anything there to merit a real push for the HOF, or was he just one of those "Hall of Very Good" guys?

he deserves to be in the HoF just for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhSh35ryueA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
drat, I forgot about the Big Show funeral. So he deserves the HOF just for those spots, because that was way more memorable than whatever Rikishi did.

Also, I don't know if the SWAT gear fit him better or what but Bossman looked in way better shape in his last run.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He got crazy reactions in the early 90s, when he was doing his thing of running through the entire Heenan Family. This was also when it looked like he lost about 50 pounds and was throwing dropkicks.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Corporate Kane posted:

And this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TYtvDWrhCc

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Benne posted:

This could just be misremembering since I was a kid, but when he turned face in the early 90's, he was pretty over and about as big a face as one could be when Hogan's around. I always liked him since he was fat and agile which will always win with me.

He's completely appropriate for the WWE Hall since it's arbitrary and loads of people at or below his level are in there, but the Observer hall? Nah.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Big Boss man was the best wrestling heel because his entire mission in life whenever he was a heel was to be literally the worst human being ever for seemingly no reason. He just loved being a dickhead. More heels should be as cruel.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Big Boss man was the best wrestling heel because his entire mission in life whenever he was a heel was to be literally the worst human being ever for seemingly no reason. He just loved being a dickhead. More heels should be as cruel.

This guy gets it. Boss Man loving owned so hard

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He also had one of Hogan's best matches of the 1980's, their cage match was really good.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That DICK! posted:

This guy gets it. Boss Man loving owned so hard

Bossman locked Big Show in a room full of tear gas, smashed a family heirloom, told Big Show his father died before he actually died, read a poem saying it was good his dad died because Big Show was stupid, crashed Big Show's dad's funeral and hijacked the coffin and the catalyst for all that was that Big Bossman wasn't pleased that Big Show was upset that his dad was dying.

And he fed a mentally ill man his dead dog.

I'll be in my deathbed and able to remember all that poo poo, but it's been barely a year and I can't remember anything about Bray Wyatt's feuds other than he creeped out John Cena with a singing child.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So what I gather is that he's probably HOF-worthy, but they only want to induct one dead guy at a time and Rick Rude is still waiting his turn, so it could be a while.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Corporate Kane posted:

Did they rent a loving Bluesmobile for this

Gonzo McFee posted:

Also a heel in real life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2m24JlJOW4

just kidding, he was one of the nicest men on the planet

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 20, 2015

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yes. I would loving LOVE to have that jacket Bossman is wearing.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Luigi Thirty posted:

that was his shoot car

Bossman is one of the most underrated heels of all time. a pure sociopath and rotten to the core, no shades of grey or legitimate grievances, and he performed some of the most unforgettably evil acts in WWE history.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I always loved Big Boss Man.

He was just a mean-looking guy who looked like he would beat you up, that's exactly what he did, and it was great.

I loved Scott Norton for the same reason.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Has anyone here ever taken a trip down to Cobb County, Georgia?

Big Boss Man and Rick Rude are shining examples of how sweet it was watching 1990 era wrestling and both of them deserve to be in the WWE HOF. Why the hell not?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wasn't Santino using the Stunner and a bunch of other Stone Cold mannerisms for a long time? I can only assume that Austin was fine with that.

Did Lethal ever get permission to use Macho Man's finisher? I assume he had Flair's permission when he adopted that persona.

Again, not kayfabe though. HHH--->Rollins also has a kayfabe passing of the torch.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Yeah the main mark against him is being dead, WWE uses the HoF as mainly a promotional thing after all, so too many dead guys in a class makes things more difficult for that purpose.

RIP Bossman, your theme musics were the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdSo6Vqn2c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96BduIRmfWg

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Now I'm remembering the Raw after King of the Ring where they made it look like Bossman was going to turn on Vince, he ran to the ring to Hard Times, the crowd loving *lost their minds*...and then it was a swerve, he was still an rear end in a top hat. Kind of deflating really, that was a moment.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Bossman was great tagging with Hansen for a couple tours in AJPW. He adapted to the style shockingly well. Also the image of this fat guy dressed as a policeman punching Kenta Kobashi in the jaw was extremely good.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I always liked his work as Big Bubba Rogers.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Again, not kayfabe though. HHH--->Rollins also has a kayfabe passing of the torch.

Ringmaster used the Million Dollar Dream as taught to him by Dibiase and then Stone Cold used it as a signature until the end of his career.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Ringmaster used the Million Dollar Dream as taught to him by Dibiase and then Stone Cold used it as a signature until the end of his career.

Was the Million Dollar Dream any different than the Cobra Clutch?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

titties posted:

Was the Million Dollar Dream any different than the Cobra Clutch?
Same move. You can set it up in different ways, but they're the same.

Great White Hope posted:

I loved Scott Norton for the same reason.
I love Scott Norton because pancakes.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Body armor Big Bossman was amazing. He just had that look and presence of a Southern law enforcement officer looking for an excuse.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Body armor Big Bossman was amazing. He just had that look and presence of a Southern law enforcement officer looking for an excuse.

Well he did start training when he was a prison guard in Alabama...

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I remember around 2001 & 2002 Bossman was pretty much down to wrestling the matches taped before Raw for shows like Jakked and Heat. And everyone would always try to say in their reports that Bossman got tons of boos and had "X-Pac heat" which I always thought was bullshit. I think you just really wanted to boo and hate that guy and too many people (especially those who would send in a live report to a wrestling website) are spoiled to think heels are supposed to say cool, funny stuff about the babyfaces they don't like.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What I liked about the Bossman was that his heel work in the late 90s made Nails right retroactively. Nails was just trying to let us know this "good" cop was really an rear end in a top hat.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Meltzer talks about Barry Windham being the best wrestler in the world at one point in the 80s. Are there any classic Windham matches on Youtube or the Network that I should check out?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Meltzer talks about Barry Windham being the best wrestler in the world at one point in the 80s. Are there any classic Windham matches on Youtube or the Network that I should check out?

Windham vs Flair is usually magic, here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2MvG4qR020

Eddie Gilbert & a mystery partner vs Flair and Windham pt. 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVuIgJ9AHMQ

Eddie Gilbert & a mystery partner vs Flair and Windham pt.2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk7dN4XDbLw

The tag match is more of a showcase for the mystery partner, but the match itself is quite good.

While you mentioned the 80's I also really liked his tag team with Dustin Rhodes, I think it helped Dustin become a good worker (I'm a firm believer that tag wrestling is one of the best ways to improve a guy with potential). Windham is generally at his best as a heel, though.

Edit: Not an 80's match, but: Windham (c) vs Double A w/ Paul e. Dangerously, 2/3 falls, TV title match (watch for Paul's reaction when AA comes out to boos, priceless) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U2tTi60x1M part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLrRJTN4NSg part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWbyEmO4yw4 part 3

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 20, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Tokelau All Star posted:

Has anyone here ever taken a trip down to Cobb County, Georgia?

Big Boss Man and Rick Rude are shining examples of how sweet it was watching 1990 era wrestling and both of them deserve to be in the WWE HOF. Why the hell not?

At least with Rude, they would stir up the fact that wrestling contributed to his death. It's why you don't see Mike Awesome anywhere either

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It's actually because Masato Tanaka hasn't figured out a way to venture into hell to continue their feud so nobody's told him yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
The funnest thing about Bossman IMO is that he made no attempt at being cool whatsoever. No catchphrases, no thinking he was hot poo poo, it was literally him being the most vile thing imaginable.

Like the most egotistical thing I can think of is him hitting on Big Show's Mom, but that's mostly "What's the most vile thing to do here? I know, try to pick up a grieving widow by putting down her husband!". If he was in today's WWE I wonder if Cena would even get booed against him when it turns out Bossman fed a make-a-wish kid to him.