Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

If you watch the scenes from the next episode at the end, he goes SS to try and buy time for Goku and still gets wrecked.

I did like how they did the ultimate redemption realization for Vegeta in the last episode too. Where he remembers all the encounters and constantly being behind Goku, yet coming to terms with it.

Thankfully Revival of F moves undoes this nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

facebook jihad posted:

See this relating to Bardock is loving stupid.

You are aware the movies are mostly non canon and all Toriyama took was the design right?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I've started Dragon Ball Kai. It's pretty goofy how often Vegeta talks about being "the Prince of all Saiyans!" When there's literally 1 other (full blooded) Saiyan that we know about. We don't know Tarble exists now, so Vegetas bragging about being the prince of one dude?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

zelah posted:

I've started Dragon Ball Kai. It's pretty goofy how often Vegeta talks about being "the Prince of all Saiyans!" When there's literally 1 other (full blooded) Saiyan that we know about. We don't know Tarble exists now, so Vegetas bragging about being the prince of one dude?

I swear Bulma calls him on this at one point.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Tarble is among the best of the newer stuff from Toriyama. He's just the chillest saiyan.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Covok posted:

I swear Bulma calls him on this at one point.

That happened in DBZ Abridged, not sure about any official version.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Android 18 and Mr Satan fight is the best thing. Especially when she just playing along with his stupid attacks.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Xibanya posted:

Per Herms, one of Kanzenshuu's staff translator guys, Blue's dialog in the last panel is:

So it doesn't seem as weird as we originally wondered it might be.

That was less offensive than the translation we were given. Even more so than the one I was given. It's also a better joke.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

What's Tarble in?

And is Budokai Tenkaichi 3 worth picking up? I found a copy for sale second hand, but they want 70 bucks for it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Two Finger posted:

What's Tarble in?

And is Budokai Tenkaichi 3 worth picking up? I found a copy for sale second hand, but they want 70 bucks for it.

Well it's tied with Xenoverse for best DB game in my opinion so I'd say yes, which version is it?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Well it's tied with Xenoverse for best DB game in my opinion so I'd say yes, which version is it?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/playstation-2/games/fighting/auction-890150376.htm

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Two Finger posted:

It is, but not for 70 bucks.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

How much do you like Arale, Android 8, Appule and Akuman?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
You should get the Wii version, the only good game where you actively throw your own kamehamehas.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

You should get the Wii version, the only good game where you actively throw your own kamehamehas.

I am glad I got to wildly swing my arms like an idiot and throw Kamehamehas fighting my older brother. You didn't recreate moments like those.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Watching the Android 13 movie and wow Dr Gero loves his racist sterotypes. Also like how the dub just rolling with making 13 into a redneck robot.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I had the PS2 version of BT3 but I still got the Wii version because more BT3 is always great and it was worth it, especially with a really big DBZ fan friend I had back then, he just had so much goddamn fun it made me enjoy it that much more too.

It also made for a super hilarious time when I beat another friend in a random characters match, he got Vegetto. I got a Saibaman. Saibaman is truly the strongest after Mr. Satan.

...I still want a Budokai Tenkaichi 4 dammit. But I'll just enjoy Xenoverse for the time being.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

I had the PS2 version of BT3 but I still got the Wii version because more BT3 is always great and it was worth it, especially with a really big DBZ fan friend I had back then, he just had so much goddamn fun it made me enjoy it that much more too.

It also made for a super hilarious time when I beat another friend in a random characters match, he got Vegetto. I got a Saibaman. Saibaman is truly the strongest after Mr. Satan.

...I still want a Budokai Tenkaichi 4 dammit. But I'll just enjoy Xenoverse for the time being.

Wish I kept my copy of that game. I saw it at Half-Price Books the other day for 75 in the display case and that makes me sad.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Going to be the minority, but I didn't really care for BT3. Like, IIRC, almost all of the roster shares the same moves, there isn't much strategy in the gameplay, and it was, honestly, just a very shallow fighting game. Of course, I might have this opinion because I like fighting games as do my friends so we might be snobbish in that regard. And, by extension of that, I'd never be able to get them to play a game like that with me over a game like SF4 so I'd probably only ever played it solo.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Covok posted:

Going to be the minority, but I didn't really care for BT3. Like, IIRC, almost all of the roster shares the same moves, there isn't much strategy in the gameplay, and it was, honestly, just a very shallow fighting game. Of course, I might have this opinion because I like fighting games as do my friends so we might be snobbish in that regard. And, by extension of that, I'd never be able to get them to play a game like that with me over a game like SF4 so I'd probably only ever played it solo.

its a shallow fighting game but drat if it isn't an incredible DBZ game.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Covok posted:

pretty much every dbz game isn't that great so I think people like it because it isn't terrible and doesn't have any stupid gimmicks like other dbz fighters( although dragon rush is super dumb).

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Monaghan posted:

pretty much every dbz game isn't that great so I think people like it because it isn't terrible and doesn't have any stupid gimmicks like other dbz fighters( although dragon rush is super dumb).

That's Budokai, not BT. They should've kept the name Sparking! (Neo and Meteor)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't think of a single DBZ game that isn't a mess in some way, but like Budokai 3, BT3, and Xenoverse are all pretty good.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Monaghan posted:

I loved Budokai 3, the story mode was cool and unlocking new characters was a lot of fun.

But god drat gently caress Dragon Rush. :argh: Worst game of rock paper scissors ever.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm willing to jump on this bandwagon: Dragon Rush should have been removed within 2 minutes of playtesting. Like, removing that, would have made the game kind of legit. The worst thing is when the A.I. spams it since it's all random chance.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Monaghan posted:

I think its simpler than that. DBZ has a lot of fun fightmans and the more we can use the better. It's why that Xenoverse leak caught on so much. Deep down, we just want to use literally everyone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

I'm willing to jump on this bandwagon: Dragon Rush should have been removed within 2 minutes of playtesting. Like, removing that, would have made the game kind of legit. The worst thing is when the A.I. spams it since it's all random chance.

It been a while since I played it, but is there a video showing Dragon Rush?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dragon Rush is a silly mechanic where the game goes into cutscene mode and you do rock paper scissors to go through three sequences of attacks to do a super move and if your opponent beats you in any of them it breaks. It takes a million years and is super dumb, but it's also barely used by actual players because no one with a brain is going to get hit by it and it wastes a ton of ki.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rirse posted:

It been a while since I played it, but is there a video showing Dragon Rush?

This is (sh)it!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

I don't own a Wii. And I just forked out for a PS3 to play MGS4 and the last of us, so I don't really feel like splashing out on another console I'll hardly use.

So yeah, I guess I won't be buying it for the 70 he wants.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wow those look awful as gently caress. Also of course they had Android 18 fight Krillin in the video.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rirse posted:

Wow those look awful as gently caress. Also of course they had Android 18 fight Krillin in the video.

It's even worse because the rest of the game is actually a somewhat decent fighting game so this mechanic really ruins it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rudoku posted:

That's Budokai, not BT. They should've kept the name Sparking! (Neo and Meteor)

god drat it you're right, I really wish the name's weren't so similar.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The worst part about the Dragon Rushes is, in single player, if you press your button before the AI, it'll read your input every time. You have to wait a bit for the AI to go first, then guess a button.

The game doesn't explain this at all other than letting you get your poo poo pushed in until you figure it out.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The worst part about the Dragon Rushes is, in single player, if you press your button before the AI, it'll read your input every time. You have to wait a bit for the AI to go first, then guess a button.

The game doesn't explain this at all other than letting you get your poo poo pushed in until you figure it out.

The Official Strategy Guide for the book even tells you this, because once you get to like stage 3 or 4 they do that every time, so it tells you to stop doing Dragon Rushes because all of the NPCs cheat.

EDIT: Wasn't there also a similar thing in Budokai 2 that the AI also cheated at?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

LORD OF BUTT posted:

You know, I got this impression and I assumed it was confirmation bias, but I still got into the habit of waiting.

Single player Budokai 3 is hard for me to stomach, because the AI loving LOVES to spam Dragon Rush as much as possible.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Team Four Star set up a patreon account if any of you guys are interested in supporting them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hideuJvRhnk
https://www.patreon.com/tfs?ty=h
Goddamn they are almost at 10,000 per month :eyepop:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

achillesforever6 posted:

Goddamn they are almost at 10,000 per month :eyepop:

Didn't they set up that Patreon a while ago?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Some Numbers posted:

You know, I got this impression and I assumed it was confirmation bias, but I still got into the habit of waiting.

Single player Budokai 3 is hard for me to stomach, because the AI loving LOVES to spam Dragon Rush as much as possible.

I got my rear end kicked by a Saibaman once because I figured out the trick to AI Dragon Rushes too slow. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Didn't they set up that Patreon a while ago?

They did, but they finally made their official video for it so they are getting a flood of users.

Still hoping this doesn't end up being their undoing.

• Locked thread