Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Xavier434 posted:

They shortened the boring island zone that you are talking about by quite a bit.

With said, someone needs to quote more Wildstar spergs or something so we can get back to what this thread does best.

Why am I doing more damage than new players when I am in full endgame raid gear and they are below max level in questing greens???? CASUAAAAALS

quote:

Dungeons do not need to be nerfed. Players need to be ready for dungeons. When I do queue, I'm in DS gear so I can't dps as much as I would like due to the tank being in Lvl 48 greens and having 25k health as a tank. Can't expect to breeze through a dungeon in that case. Same for healer and dps. When I do tank, and doing as much dps in tanking as dps, than something is wrong with the dps and hard to approach them and ask them if their build is right or gearing up correctly without them getting butthurt.

Hmmm, why would someone compare a 5 man dungeon in one game to a 5 man dungeon in another? Detective Wildstar must know!

quote:

Problem with nerfing normal kv and stl is that, what are we supposed to do while leveling? I for example basically only run those dungeons for a good portion of my leveling, if they'd be easier they'd loose their replayability very quickly.
You compare Deadmines and STL, why not compare Shiphands and Deadmines? Shiphands are instances and now also in the LFG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Verranicus posted:

Did they ever change the quests to not require you to kill an absurd amount of mobs? I remember getting to the 2nd zone as whatever faction started in the snowy zone and getting quests to kill loving 30+ mobs regularly, it was like they'd hosed up and added a zero where they shouldn't have. Add to this that every single fight involved dodging telegraphs and dealing with the interupt armor mechanic, it became an ordeal just to level up.

There were a bunch of quests that were designed to accumulate your monster kills while you did several other quests. That is, you were handed Kill 100 Rats and Pick Up 5 Rocks, and you were intended to do the rocks one, turn it in, and get Pick Up 5 Red Rocks, while still killing rats the whole time. The Kill 100 Rats should be done about the time you're finished with the other chain.

The problem was that you had to read the devs' minds to know this in advance, instead of doing both quests to start with.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I want a quest that tells me to farm mobs in a certain zone for two hours and it only ticks down while I'm standing in it, and if I leave the zone it resets, and there are enemies that push me out of the zone, and the enemies are worth zero xp, and your progress bar resets if you don't kill one every minute

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I'll make innovative quests in MMO gameing if it kills me..

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Also the mobs have a 10% chance to instantly permakill you.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
A robotic foot extends from the screen and kicks you in the balls

TWICE

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
CarrotGate about to blow up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/36jy25/carrot_sproutling_pet_discovered_but_no_location/

Short Background.

Everybody is collecting Wildstar Pokemon pets. One pet, a carrot sprouting is very elusive and is the last pet a lot of people need to catch em all. A few people have it and know where to get it but aren't telling but have no problem posting screenshots or showing it off on twitch streams.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

A robotic foot extends from the screen and kicks you in the balls

TWICE

ah, finally someone made a game for my fetish, when can i get a lifetime subscription

this is real ugly looking imo, terrible turnip wow pet has like 10 times the character of this blob

:3:

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 20, 2015

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Givin posted:

CarrotGate about to blow up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/36jy25/carrot_sproutling_pet_discovered_but_no_location/

Short Background.

Everybody is collecting Wildstar Pokemon pets. One pet, a carrot sprouting is very elusive and is the last pet a lot of people need to catch em all. A few people have it and know where to get it but aren't telling but have no problem posting screenshots or showing it off on twitch streams.

Cyster posted:

Now, I hope you won't feel the need tuber-ate me for not addressing this sooner. The root of this particular issue is complex, and I can't shallot a whole bunch of information about it at this point. Lettuce review the main questions:
1) Is the Carrot Sproutling available? Yes. Technically.
2) Are we happy with the acquisition means? It could be better.
We're working on it, though I can't leek anything further. Hopefully we'll produce a solution that will help that particular pet turnip.<

:protogas:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

this man needs to die of only for his horrific puns

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

cthulhoo posted:

this man needs to die of only for his horrific puns

Don't diss Cyster. Our SA resident Wildstar dev. Cyster has been responsible for parts of the game that are actually pretty good.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Now if only those parts were built into another, good game.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

cthulhoo posted:

ah, finally someone made a game for my fetish, when can i get a lifetime subscription

There are critters called rowsdowers. Mike and the bots are weeping.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bieeardo posted:

There are critters called rowsdowers. Mike and the bots are weeping.

That was always the weirdest reference to me. Like, I love Final Sacrifice as much as the next guy but why name those things Rosdowers? They have nothing to do with the character.

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OPyfQxwDM

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

Hey, if you can't make horrible puns in your job, then it's not worth doing.

This is what I tell myself from years of writing WoW quest names.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Keep an eye on the Wildstar subreddit today:

http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/20/blade-soul-hits-western-shores-this-winter/

That leaker seems to have been correct about one thing at least. Now lets see if he is correct about Wildstar going f2p.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Cyster posted:

Hey, if you can't make horrible puns in your job, then it's not worth doing.

This is what I tell myself from years of writing WoW quest names.

You gotta wring whatever enjoyment you can from a job. I get the feeling with wildstar it's like blood from a stone so you have my blessing to pun forever.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Keep an eye on the Wildstar subreddit today:

http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/20/blade-soul-hits-western-shores-this-winter/

That leaker seems to have been correct about one thing at least. Now lets see if he is correct about Wildstar going f2p.

Maybe NCSoft figured they better start preparing alternatives while Carbine is still drilling towards the earth's core after running Wildstar into the ground.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

is there a blade & soul thread? i am intrigued re: butts

also here's a massively post about the western port: http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/20/hands-on-blade-souls-western-port-is-a-cheerful-cliche-storm-and-i-want-to-play-more/

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
More importantly will I be ashamed to play Blade & Souls because all the lady armor is lingerie and/or they look like prepubescent girls with watermelon boobs?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Of course, you don't even have to check out screenshots. All you need to know is a) it's a KMMO and b) find out who the art director is (don't do b).

cthulhoo posted:

is there a blade & soul thread? i am intrigued re: butts

also here's a massively post about the western port: http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/20/hands-on-blade-souls-western-port-is-a-cheerful-cliche-storm-and-i-want-to-play-more/

I've seen at least two and they've all dropped into the abyss (archives, that is).

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Cyster posted:

if you can't make horrible puns in your job, then it's not worth doing.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

WarLocke posted:

More importantly will I be ashamed to play Blade & Souls because all the lady armor is lingerie and/or they look like prepubescent girls with watermelon boobs?

Actually this artist's fetish is enormous oily thighs.

Also yes, of course there's a little girl race, what do you think this is?

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

little girls with enormous oily thighs you say :yikes:

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.

cthulhoo posted:

little girls with enormous oily thighs you say :yikes:

They just appear to be 12. If you read my carefully detailed wiki you'll see in the lore that they're actually all thousands of years old, so it's ok if I draw them naked.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

well naturally, furthermore, ephebophilia is

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

As loving terrible as the little girls are, their male counterparts can be amazing. You can give them old man face and fu man chus and turn them all into Mr. Miyagi, it's pretty sweet.

Not that koreans actually do that :negative:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I believe there might be an option to turn the oily skin off so at least there is that.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Xavier434 posted:

I believe there might be an option to turn the oily skin off so at least there is that.

Ahh yes, the good old oily skin toggle. There needs to be a toggle for the creepy children race to turn them into default male humans or something.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a 'big huge musclehead fucker' race/build because if so turn that oil slider all the way up and make Hakan from Street Fighter.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
From what I can recall of some of the old trailers, yes.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we got the toned down Chinese version.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Mayor McCheese posted:

Ahh yes, the good old oily skin toggle. There needs to be a toggle for the creepy children race to turn them into default male humans or something.

The only saving grace about the kiddy animal race is their armor has a unique look. The three flavors of adult human females have ridiculous things like tit windows with patches of cloth over their nipples. The same outfit on the animal people covers everything.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

bear is driving! posted:

I think I'm gonna pick up W3 today for Xbone.

Can anyone recommend a fun, casual MMO to mess with until Heavensward? I see people mention TERA a lot, how's that?

If you have an Xbox One you could also try Neverwinter. The combat is fun on a gamepad, but the downside is that everything else about that game is a bit lame.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Actually this artist's fetish is enormous oily thighs.

Also yes, of course there's a little girl race, what do you think this is?

nothing wrong with big oily thighs, literally the exact opposite of pedo bait!

also do korean women really have such a large fascination with being uncanny valley jailbait? or is that just the flimsy excuse to go ham on jailbait? at least it's not as bad as scarlet blade.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
There is honestly a lot of overlap there.

Minsky posted:

If you have an Xbox One you could also try Neverwinter. The combat is fun on a gamepad, but the downside is that everything else about that game is a bit lame.

I won't say Neverwinter is a bad game, but before anyone gets sucked into it too far, try Tera also. Neverwinter's gameplay is very much like Tera's except Neverwinter's action has cement shoes. Also Neverwinter has some really awesome zone design but you will never have any sense of exploration in it (if you care about that) because the zones are so small.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 21, 2015

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Thunderbro posted:

nothing wrong with big oily thighs, literally the exact opposite of pedo bait!

also do korean women really have such a large fascination with being uncanny valley jailbait? or is that just the flimsy excuse to go ham on jailbait? at least it's not as bad as scarlet blade.

Uncanniest valley

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Gildiss posted:

Uncanniest valley

:yikes:

Cyster posted:

years of writing WoW quest names.

oh god

RottenK fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 21, 2015

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

WarLocke posted:

it is up to you to decide whether or not you are ashamed of real dolls in lingerie armor.

And of course the game has little girls, why do you even ask

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I'm the shadowy crotch hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

TERA is good. Squirrel girls are good.

Also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFesCqZHVSE