Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goddamn I dont even remember that costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I actually looked up the lifespan of it once and it was really short lived... Like two to three issues at most. The fact that it somehow made it into Marvel vs DC is the only reason it isn't totally forgotten to history.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Marvel vs. DC was the most nineties comic thing possible. Ben Reilly Spider-Man fights clone Superboy from the Death of Superman while Tim Drake Robin makes out with Jubilee.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It was honestly impressive how Marvel and DC's first major crossover event-event and not a one-shot was filled with some of the least iconic.versions of.their.characters.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 20, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Smart handsome Hulk vs Mullet Superman could only have been lamer if it was Electric Superman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mind the walrus posted:

It was honestly impressive how Marvel and DC's first major crossover event-event and not a one-shot was filled with some of the least iconic.versions of.their.characters.

The thing is, in my quote, I actually like all of the characters I mentioned, well not Superboy so much, I can take or leave him.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I actually do too, it's just funny how two companies whose entire longevity is rooted in their far-reaching iconography managed to do a giant crossover where neither was playing with that deck.

JLA/Avengers is a great counter-weight though, especially since it cane at the tail end of both companies prior to some crazy universe restructuring (Disassembled at Marvel, Green Lantern: Rebirth and such at DC)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

The thing is, in my quote, I actually like all of the characters I mentioned, well not Superboy so much, I can take or leave him.

Death of Superman Superboy is awesome. I hate this emo guy in the New 52.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Better than his costume which was 'Thor is wearing pants'.

That was it. Pants.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Marvel vs DC also had Aquaman beat Namor by squashing him with a whale.

Storm beating Wonder Woman who had forfeited Mjolnir and the Thor powers she gained for all of 10 seconds.

Oh, and Thanos nearly stroking one out at the end of the world.

Marvel vs DC was a glorious wreck.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Storm beating Wonder Woman who had forfeited Mjolnir and the Thor powers she gained for all of 10 seconds.

Oh, and Thanos nearly stroking one out at the end of the world.

Marvel vs DC was a glorious wreck.
But it was super fun, and I am very glad it exists.

If there was ever another round of DC vs Marvel, it's interesting in that the Marvel characters would remember the earlier event, but none of the DCers would, since they're not the "same" characters, post-n52 reboot.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

That Ignorant Sap posted:

It's the only other page of that book I copied for the Funny Panels Thread. :allears:
(sorry for the poor quality - my scanner is ancient)

I adore the Marvel Vs. DC books and am flat-out in love with the Amalgam universe it created.

e:

redbackground posted:

If there was ever another round of DC vs Marvel, it's interesting in that the Marvel characters would remember the earlier event, but none of the DCers would, since they're not the "same" characters, post-n52 reboot.

I don't know if 616 (or whatever emerges from Secret Wars) will have enough bionic arms to cope with a modern Marvel Vs. DC.

KayTee fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 20, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Would Thor remember the shame of the outfit most 90s?

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

AnonSpore posted:

Would Thor remember the shame of the outfit most 90s?

Probably why he became unworthy

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

kujeger posted:

Probably why he became unworthy

So THAT'S what Fury whispered. "I know you still have it...I've found it. And blacklight checked it."
"WHAT? WHAT DIDST THOU SAY?!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cornwind Evil posted:

Better than his costume which was 'Thor is wearing pants'.

That was it. Pants.

No, it's actually not.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

KayTee posted:

It's the only other page of that book I copied for the Funny Panels Thread. :allears:
(sorry for the poor quality - my scanner is ancient)

I would buy a whole series that was just these two bickering back and forth while saving the sea.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Choco1980 posted:

I would buy a whole series that was just these two bickering back and forth while saving the sea.

United in their hatred of the surface world's wanton ways except for the delicious pizza

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Would Aquaman find a dog and barrel ridiculous?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bobkatt013 posted:

He'd find them OUTRAGEOUS!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Yvonmukluk posted:

He'd find them OUTRAGEOUS!

Namor would hate the rousing song of heroism

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think Namor's nobility would work to Aquaman's advantage today.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

But terrestrial pizzas....

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Probably been posted before but even if it has it's so good it deserves to be posted twice.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

khy posted:

Probably been posted before but even if it has it's so good it deserves to be posted twice.

I remember the first time these pages came up in this thread. One Punch Man Volume 7, which I'm pretty sure has these panels in it, is on Comixology finally. I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

LordSaturn posted:

I remember the first time these pages came up in this thread. One Punch Man Volume 7, which I'm pretty sure has these panels in it, is on Comixology finally. I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

I'm looking forward to seeing it animated.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
People complain about Superman being "boring" because "he's invincible and nothing can hurt him and he always wins".

One-Punch Man doesn't even have Kryptonite.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

qntm posted:

People complain about Superman being "boring" because "he's invincible and nothing can hurt him and he always wins".

One Punch Man can't fly, it evens out.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

WickedHate posted:

He's also broke.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
his only power is his superhuman use of his body its not even a super power he just worked out a ton.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

redbackground posted:

Thor also had the advantage of dressing as The 90s.

So when you say "advantage", the bad design acts like some kind of deterrent for predators?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

mind the walrus posted:

I actually do too, it's just funny how two companies whose entire longevity is rooted in their far-reaching iconography managed to do a giant crossover where neither was playing with that deck.

JLA/Avengers is a great counter-weight though, especially since it cane at the tail end of both companies prior to some crazy universe restructuring (Disassembled at Marvel, Green Lantern: Rebirth and such at DC)

Also DC completely undermined the message of that crossover by bringing back Hal & Barry. Kind of undermines Hal's 'we have to put things back to how they should be, even if it means I turn into a villain who murders a bunch of my friends and dies' kind of loses its punch when he came back and was made The Greatest Green Lantern and pretty much forgiven.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Speaking of Asgardians, from today's Loki: Agent of Asgard #13. Quick setup: Everything is dying, and as the last incursion is happening, Loki killed Balder and Jormungandr the World Serpent was awakened, turning this into one last proper Ragnarok. Luckily for everyone, starting with Odin, Freyja's got the hookup.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Everything old is new again!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

Everything old is new again!

The most ridiculous thing about that image is that, given the size of that thing, the twin Hitlers should be clouds of red mist.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

WickedHate posted:

He did jump to the Earth from the Moon in the space of about an instant, so he's still nothing to sneeze at.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

WickedHate posted:

The most ridiculous thing about that image is that, given the size of that thing, the twin Hitlers should be clouds of red mist.

This is not, by far, the most ridiculous thing about that panel.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

qntm posted:

WickedHate posted:

Pyronic posted:

He's also broke.

Also, it's a comedy comic.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Boogaleeboo posted:

He did jump to the Earth from the Moon in the space of about an instant, so he's still nothing to sneeze at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He looks so pleasantly surprised. "Oh, that actually worked! :3: okay then." I need to start reading this.