Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

I'm just going to drop. I've got too much stuff going on. Sorry guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
round 4:

wildfire1 vs Sigma-X
PhyrexianLibrarian vs TheLawinator
Ramos vs ChewyLSB
AgentSythe vs Archenteron
suicidesteve vs kizudarake
Grashnak vs TheKingOfSprings
Fingers McLongDong vs MiddleEastBeast
Elyv vs MySwan
pakman vs Wezlar
Viscardus vs Ranpire
Trilas vs The March Hare

and i got the bye :qq:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
wildfire I can be available tonight after 7:30 PST

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

MySwan, you can usually find me on #mtgoon on synIRC.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

The March Hare, I'm leaving for Japan for two weeks on Saturday, and my schedule is pretty bad up until then. I could maybe do 10 central tonight.

I'll have access to a computer that has XMage once I get there, so no rush if Tokyo time isn't terrible for you.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Two rounds in a row against the same matchup :(

TheLawinator, I can meet you online tonight, otherwise it might have to wait until Monday as I'll be at SCGWOR over the weekend.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

black potus posted:

round 4:

suicidesteve vs kizudarake

:sigh: Well enjoy your bye. I'm around tonight and next week. I'm going out of town for the weekend.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Trilas posted:

The March Hare, I'm leaving for Japan for two weeks on Saturday, and my schedule is pretty bad up until then. I could maybe do 10 central tonight.

I'll have access to a computer that has XMage once I get there, so no rush if Tokyo time isn't terrible for you.

I can probably do 10c tonight, I'm always on irc just ping me (march)

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm usually in mtgoon past 6PM EST as usual, Chewy.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

:sigh: Well enjoy your bye. I'm around tonight and next week. I'm going out of town for the weekend.
I'm in the IRC right now

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

kizudarake posted:

I'm in the IRC right now

Meet me on one of the Thunderdomes or just join goons/mcmagic on Woogerworks.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

Meet me on one of the Thunderdomes or just join goons/mcmagic on Woogerworks.

Launching xMage

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

The March Hare posted:

I can probably do 10c tonight, I'm always on irc just ping me (march)

Ok, if I can hop on, I'll ping you.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Steve got it, 2-0. He outplayed me while trying to keep his daughter happy.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Two rounds in a row against the same matchup :(

TheLawinator, I can meet you online tonight, otherwise it might have to wait until Monday as I'll be at SCGWOR over the weekend.

Prepare 2 die. I'm down to clown tonight, post in the thread when you're ready.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

kizudarake posted:

Steve got it, 2-0. He outplayed me while trying to keep his daughter happy.

I finally got her to calm down right around the time I Rough'd. I found a cartoon for her to watch (Futurama) and she's happy as crap now. And to be fair, my draw game 2 turned out really good compared to yours. I kept 3 fetches, Delver, Rough/Tumble, and Sulfur Elemental, so pretty much if I got to 3 mana, I was winning that game. That was why I Pondered with your Spirit out; I really, really needed to hit my 3rd land. If you had another Wasteland or a Port in that game, I was going to lose. Even a Swords would have given you a while to draw into something. GGs either way and good luck in the next rounds.

My game 1 draw worked out pretty well. This was literally the only matchup where I'm happy to keep the hand I kept, which was like Volc, Stifle, Daze, Ponder, Brainstorm, Bolt, Fire/Ice. I Dazed his Vial and tried to Brainstorm with the mana I floated, but apparently hitting OK to clear the stack passes through the phase or something? Has anyone else run into this? I'm 100% sure I floated blue mana. Either way it worked out, it's just annoying. My sideboard cards cleaned up game 2. Rough getting Spirit of the Labyrinth, Thalia, and Stoneforge, followed by Sulfur Elemental in response to Mangara did some work.

A few things to take note of:
Armageddon is probably not what you want against Delvers. Even in your case where you're the better mana denial deck, between Spell Pierce, Daze, and my own Wastelands you're not likely to resolve a 4-mana spell. Even if you play around Daze by having 5 mana, if I do Daze it, I've got a huge advantage just by having a land in my hand.
Thalia has First Strike, so you had free attacks into my Delver there. It wasn't relevant in that game, but it was a few damage that could have mattered.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

I Dazed his Vial and tried to Brainstorm with the mana I floated, but apparently hitting OK to clear the stack passes through the phase or something? Has anyone else run into this?

This happened to me with City of Traitors triggers in the first Thunderdome

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

TheLawinator posted:

Prepare 2 die. I'm down to clown tonight, post in the thread when you're ready.

Online now, let's roll

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

black potus posted:

round 4:
Fingers McLongDong vs MiddleEastBeast

Fingers McLongDong: I'm on vacation in Vegas for the week until next Wednesday. I most likely can't commit to any time between now and then but if the thread is okay with waiting and it's alright with you, I could potentially do that Wednesday evening the 27th in the evening/night.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
My angels flew too close to the sun, and I have been defeated by TheLawinator 0-2.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

My angels flew too close to the sun, and I have been defeated by TheLawinator 0-2.

GGs dude, miracles is a killer.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Fingers McLongDong: I'm on vacation in Vegas for the week until next Wednesday. I most likely can't commit to any time between now and then but if the thread is okay with waiting and it's alright with you, I could potentially do that Wednesday evening the 27th in the evening/night.

It's fine with me as long as it's ok with everyone else. That evening is also good woth with me.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Took it 2-1 in some very long games.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

The March Hare posted:

Took it 2-1 in some very long games.

Confirming both parts of this. Many Goyfs were lost to 1). engineered explosives and 2). Tabernacle :argh:

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Fingers McLongDong posted:

It's fine with me as long as it's ok with everyone else. That evening is also good woth with me.

You know, I'm scooping to you and need to withdraw altogether. My laptop is having serious issues staying on and I got nothing else to use when I get back from vacation. I'll be back for the next legacy thunderdome.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

2-1 against Chewy with me winning.

Baleful Strix is an rear end and a half.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Sigma-X posted:

wildfire I can be available tonight after 7:30 PST

Hey, sorry - life has been crazy. I'm online now (I know it's late for you). Is there another time this week that's good for you? I'll be idling in #mtgoon when I can.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Archenteron I sent you a PM. Let's battle

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

AgentSythe posted:

Archenteron I sent you a PM. Let's battle

That PM was yesterday and I just woke up. I'll be idling in IRC all day under the name Mendin, hop on and throw me a PM and we will get our wizard poker on.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
Elyv, i can do tonight, tomorrow after noon, what works? Im on eastern standard.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

wildfire1 posted:

Hey, sorry - life has been crazy. I'm online now (I know it's late for you). Is there another time this week that's good for you? I'll be idling in #mtgoon when I can.

Life has also been crazy for me. I can be available this week from 8-12pm california time, or sometime this weekend.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

MySwan posted:

Elyv, i can do tonight, tomorrow after noon, what works? Im on eastern standard.

Any time tonights works; I'm on PST and I should be online for pretty much the rest of the day. Hop on #mtgoon on synirc and send me a ping.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Beat MySwan 2-0, I did Enchantress things and he didn't have sufficient disruption for my Enchantress things.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Beat wildfire1 2-1.

Game 1 he gets the beats and does the RUG delver thing while I flop around.

Game 2 he has double wasteland and the stifle for my ex map, and beats on me with a delver and casts a sulfuric vortex. However, I resolve a primetime at 3 life and get glacial chasm and another land, buying me a turn against his v-clique and delver and vortex, then untap into an ugin to wipe his board and swing for double glimmerpost to put me back to 15.

Game 3 he keeps a 1 lander and my first draw is my singleton wasteland. He misses land drop 2 and I waste his volc. He has turn 1 delver flip but has to force a crucible of worlds the next turn (another singleton!) and I build up while he never draws a land and delver can't race glimmerposts into the eventual primetime.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

AgentScythe and I appear to be enacting a comedy routine where he shows up, looks around for me, sighs, leaves, and I walk in through a different door immediately afterwards, look around, sigh, and leave.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
I unfortunately think I'm going to concede my match to Viscardus and drop from this. The 3 way punchfest of catching Death Flu, shaky internet due to storm flooding and work crunch is too much for the time being. Best wishes to all though!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I condede this round to AgentScythe because it's been two weeks of us chasing each other around sporadically between two different sets of waking hours and he's been putting in slightly more effort to meet up than I have and I'm tired of this particular garbage song and dance routine.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
pakman vs Wezlar

get your games/excuses in by tmrw at 5 pm est or you're getting the drop ! ! ! !

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

black potus posted:

pakman vs Wezlar

get your games/excuses in by tmrw at 5 pm est or you're getting the drop ! ! ! !

Hi I'm in a tractor and I haven't heard from grashnak at all is he dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hi I'm in a tractor and I haven't heard from grashnak at all is he dead

perhaps

• Locked thread