Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

waitwhatno posted:

Bavarian Abitur questions from 2015:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/bildung/schule-was-bayerische-abiturienten-wissen-mussten-1.2471691

Lol, state of Bavaria is training the next generation of D&D posters.

Also, did the Abitur get easier in recent years? I mean, I'm definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer and even for me it looks like a joke. Am I getting this weird old people disease where they start to believe that modern kids are becoming increasingly dumber?

Holy poo poo, I would have loving loved that question, goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

In einer meiner Leistungskursklausuren habe ich mal das Wort Handelskrieg benutzt und musste mir dann von einem OStR anhören, dass es diesen Begriff nicht gibt. Ein paar Monate später hat der Spiegel mit "Droht ein neuer Handeslskrieg mit China?" aufgemacht. :allears:

Und das war bevor die SPD in NRW richtig angefangen hat das Schulwesen zu zerlegen.

Deutsche Leistungskurse sind seltsam abhängig von den Lehrern, die man kriegt. In meinem Leistungskurs Geschichte hatten wir einen hypermotivierten Lehrer, der darauf bestand alles nach Universitätsniveau zu machen und in meinem Leistungskurs Deutsch war einer frisch von der Uni. Abgesehen von der Tortur mit den langweiligsten Büchern, die man sich vorstellen konnte, blieb er in meinem Gedächtnis hängen als er mir ernsthaft sagte, meine sarkastischen Kommentare würden den Unterricht zersetzen und den anderen Schülern schaden. :v:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I also had an oral exam in economics. Told the teachers about how the Iraq war was all about blood oil for Bush.

Well, this certainly comes as a surprise.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

System Metternich posted:

Holy poo poo, I would have loving loved that question, goddamn

Personally, I would have aced this one:

quote:

Bei einer Übung der Raketentruppe der NVA wird ein auf geradliniger Bahn g1 mit konstanter Geschwindigkeit fliegendes Objekt im Punkt P(-6; 9; 7) und 20 Sekunden später im Punkt Q (2; 1; 11) geortet.
Im Punkt A (3,5; -8; 0,5) wird eine Abwehrrakete in Richtung des Vektors a = i + 2j +5k gestartet. Die Bahn g2 dieser Rakete sei geradlinig.
(Koordinateneinheit : 1 km)
a) Berechnen Sie die Koordinaten des Schnittpunktes S der Geraden g1 und g2 !
b) Berechnen Sie den Schnittwinkel der Geraden g1 und g2 !
c) Berechnen Sie die Geschwindigkeit des georteten Objektes !
d) Die Abwehrrakete trifft das Objekt im Punkt S:
Berechnen Sie die Durchschnittsgeschwindigkeit der Rakete, wenn ihr Start in A zwei Sekunden nach der Ortung des Objektes in Q erfolgte !

Lol, the majority of their math Abiturs had a question about the NVA orting this or shooting down that. I must say, getting a class warfare perspective on vector addition was the moment when everything in math finally started to fall into places for me.:ussr:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
but remember folks, the violent militarists are all in West Germany!

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
My LK Klausur was an essay about how awesome the euro will be and that everything will be roses and sunshine from here on out (1997). Aced that poo poo with 15 points. The other was an interpretation of swift's a modest proposal.

elwood fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 20, 2015

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Libluini posted:

Deutsche Leistungskurse sind seltsam abhängig von den Lehrern, die man kriegt. In meinem Leistungskurs Geschichte hatten wir einen hypermotivierten Lehrer, der darauf bestand alles nach Universitätsniveau zu machen und in meinem Leistungskurs Deutsch war einer frisch von der Uni. Abgesehen von der Tortur mit den langweiligsten Büchern, die man sich vorstellen konnte, blieb er in meinem Gedächtnis hängen als er mir ernsthaft sagte, meine sarkastischen Kommentare würden den Unterricht zersetzen und den anderen Schülern schaden. :v:

This is Germany, Lehrkraftzersetzung traditionally is no laughing matter :colbert:

But yeah, even before the centralisation of the Abitur things could be very uneven. Some schools had a long-standing reputation for basically handing out easy Abis, and it's not just a matter of the content. During one of my own (centralised) written LK exams I observed one of the supervising teachers pretty much explaining stuff to students in a way that went way past just clarifying the exercises because he realised he hadn't properly covered that part of the curriculum during class. That was probably hella verboten in a number of ways.

Though the best thing was being told halfway through the chemistry exam that there had been an error in one of the exercises as printed, it was missing a certain key variable without which it had been literally unsolvable.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 20, 2015

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ArchangeI posted:

but remember folks, the violent militarists are all in West Germany!

Young man, the text clearly talks about the NVA launching a defensive intercept rocket during a peaceful exercise. I resent the implication!

Name? Wie heisst Ihr Klassenleiter?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I don't even remember any of my Abi-Klausuren (I wrote loving four of them because German wasn't one of my Prüfungsfächer and yet I had to take that exam—it just counted as a double Klausur), nor my orals. At this point I'm further away from my Abitur than my Abitur was from my birth :corsair:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

wayfinder posted:

I don't even remember any of my Abi-Klausuren (I wrote loving four of them because German wasn't one of my Prüfungsfächer and yet I had to take that exam—it just counted as a double Klausur), nor my orals. At this point I'm further away from my Abitur than my Abitur was from my birth :corsair:

I'm not that old (yet), but I still feel the cold grasp of age tightening - I'm working as a group leader for my parish's altar servers, and our youngest kids now have been born after I received my Abizeugnis. Probably just a matter of time before I'm offered seats in the bus :(

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

I'm not that old (yet), but I still feel the cold grasp of age tightening - I'm working as a group leader for my parish's altar servers, and our youngest kids now have been born after I received my Abizeugnis. Probably just a matter of time before I'm offered seats in the bus :(

Had my first class reunion recently (10 years). Everyone else got so old and spießig, it was terrible. Some of them have Bausparverträge. Others have kids in second grade.

waitwhatno posted:

Name? Wie heisst Ihr Klassenleiter?

Marx, oder? Lenin?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
At our 10 year reunion, one girl turned up thrice divorced. Can't wait to see what next year's 20 year reunion brings.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

wayfinder posted:

I won't ever forget that poo poo because even though I aced half my orals and exams and was mediocre at most of the rest, I was so hilariously bad at physics and math I still didn't get enough points to be allowed to take the Abitur. So I got a Zeugnis telling me I had "theoretische Fachhochschulreife" with 2,7 as a grade average and still flunked out of school. A certificate so weird it confused a lot of people over the years until I finished an apprenticeship and turned it into a real Fachhochschulreife.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

hope you dont vote green

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I#m just glad they had an open essay option on my German Abi-Klausur cause I sure as poo poo hadn't read any of the books all the other options were about

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
25 minutes late. Good thing this strike us over.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Who the gently caress chooses German as an Abitur subject? Learn to say more than three consecutive words coherently in English and make that the oral exam to fulfill the language requirement, and do written exams in real subjects :agesilaus:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I chose German because I got max points in 12th grade.

Then the teacher changed and everyone's grade dropped a full two marks :negative:. I was ultimately too lazy to change from German to English so in the end it was my worst subject but whatever. Still 10 points.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

blowfish posted:

Who the gently caress chooses German as an Abitur subject?

Not me, but the fuckers in BaWü didn't care!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

I chose German because I got max points in 12th grade.

Then the teacher changed and everyone's grade dropped a full two marks :negative:. I was ultimately too lazy to change from German to English so in the end it was my worst subject but whatever. Still 10 points.

Physics. Everyone got terrible grades. I made an effort, the teacher said he'd rarely seen such a great Facharbeit, asked for a copy for himself, and gave me 11 points. :argh:

wayfinder posted:

Not me, but the fuckers in BaWü didn't care!

Right. I keep forgetting this country has 16 seperate education systems that happen to share terminology.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

blowfish posted:

Who the gently caress chooses German as an Abitur subject? Learn to say more than three consecutive words coherently in English and make that the oral exam to fulfill the language requirement, and do written exams in real subjects :agesilaus:

I was in the Englisch Leistungskurs and consistently got my 13 or 14 points without even trying, but the girl sitting next to me always got dreadful grades despite learning really hard. It was a lovely feeling coasting through the year without any effort while she was tearing up any time the graded tests were given back :(

I still have no idea how you can fail so hard in a subject which (at least to me) is already piss easy and which you voluntarily chose as a Leistungskurs, though :iiam:

fake edit: I also enjoyed seeing all those guys in my class who chose the sport LK because hey, I'm good a football, what can go wrong?, and then it turned out to be super hard and more like prep work for a biology major :v:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

fake edit: I also enjoyed seeing all those guys in my class who chose the sport LK because hey, I'm good a football, what can go wrong?, and then it turned out to be super hard and more like prep work for a biology major :v:

goon hero

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

blowfish posted:

Look at this ners who spurs an easy A.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Randler posted:

Look at this ners who spurs an easy A.

what is an A

is that like anywhere between 11 and 13

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

blowfish posted:

what is an A

is that like anywhere between 11 and 13

If your Abitur subjects are below 13 individually you're a scrub, sin.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

14 14 14 :smug: 11 :ohdear: 1.2 :smuggo:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Randler posted:

If your Abitur subjects are below 13 individually you're a scrub, sin.
Good lord you pathetic little shitball are actually boasting with your loving school grades, what is even going on here? Why are people posting their own grades instead of laughing at how utterly ridiculous this is?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Simply Simon posted:

Good lord you pathetic little shitball are actually boasting with your loving school grades, what is even going on here? Why are people posting their own grades instead of laughing at how utterly ridiculous this is?

There is no whoosh big enough.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Everyone post your IQ plz

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Simply Simon posted:

I sense a lot of anger here. When was your last e-meter audit? (What are your crimes?)

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
All the Internet tests have me at 130+ :smugdog:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

blowfish posted:

goon hero

You betcha :cool: but I actually have loads of respect for those who aced it, I always was pretty bad in biology and even more so when sports were concerned. Languages, history and religion, this is where it's at :v:

wayfinder posted:

I'm this guy irl

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

lmao, I wonder who wrote his wikipedia page?!?!

Also, this is simply perfect, from his twitter:

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

To be fair, he wouldn't be much of a hypergenius if you or I were able to appreciate him.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I'll have you know I've probably got a two- or three-digit IQ too so

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

wayfinder posted:

I'll have you know I've probably got a two- or three-digit IQ too so

I'm very happy with my IQ of 98, after all that means only 2 % of people are smarter than me :v:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

wayfinder posted:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

cause 1 is the best

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005
I like Christian Lindner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005
might also answer the IQ question i dunno lol