Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

FebrezeNinja posted:

Not being run by SnailUSA.

The Pay-to-Win features and necessary grinding were increasing and coming faster than QoL or fun features. One of two cash sets in particular were absolutely necessary for group fighting, and they never put more of the tradable tokens for sale unless you paid $300 for liang. And then not even that. Dunno if Wulin put those sets in. And ancient sets kept getting more powerful 1v1.

Also most of the interesting people to fight left Wushu.

Also there's probably less getting hacked.

The power creep also got really terrible in the later expansions, which I assume will be/already is a problem in Wulin. The upper levels of the jianghu inners and ancient skills could only be practically acquired by paying real money for taels, and made their owners practically invincible against anyone not using the same stuff. Same for the highest class jade gear.

So unless gpotato actually rebalances things, Wulin is just as doomed.

Wushu at release was amazing; I sometimes think that the team that made it died in a bus crash, and all expansions past the first couple were made by interns following the orders of the CEO's idiot cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipline
May 9, 2013
I'm downloading Wushu right now. I'm going to give it another shot, maybe they have rebalanced things. This new expansion that hits today (5/20) looks enormous and fun to mess around with.

I'll be curious to see if the game is playable without Goon guides

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Zipline posted:

I'm downloading Wushu right now. I'm going to give it another shot, maybe they have rebalanced things. This new expansion that hits today (5/20) looks enormous and fun to mess around with.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Zipline posted:

:rip:

Zipline
May 9, 2013
Maybe the Chinese have changed!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Zipline posted:

Maybe the Chinese have changed!

No.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Zipline posted:

You are making a terrible decision with your life.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Someone asked me to either find a chess playing monkey or shifty eyed korean and I started stealing images from the older threads, then figured I'd go watch kung fu hustle instead.

I found a few things, here you go.

http://tindeck.com/listen/elto

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_noj953YPBs1rzxycz.mp4

http://imgur.com/a/5yK5X

http://imgur.com/a/30LOa

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

powpow is fat

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I am downloading the newest update :ohdear:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

angerbeet posted:

I am downloading the newest update :ohdear:

please dont associate your credit card with the account tho

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Eonwe posted:

please dont associate your credit card with the account tho

I only ever paid by Subway

Also someone hacked the Wushu forums and gained access to the site admin account

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

hahahaha what the gently caress is this

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Grithok, the goon lord

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats actually an accurate rendering of him

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
looking over the old threads, people actually said "thanks grithok for leading at us and putting up with us. You are a very patient man who doesn't yell at people."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so did someone else used to be named grithok or

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

I only ever paid by Subway

Also someone hacked the Wushu forums and gained access to the site admin account

Why are people still playing :psyduck:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I just wanted to see what was new in the update, but all of my bags are expired and I went to an inn and... All of my clothing is stuck in a box?

Server merge seems to have done an OK job though, lots of pubs even in Luoyang and Suzhou

It's Tim for goons to return to.. Chinabame.exe

Cmon Haquer you know you can't resist

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if grithok will i will

Zipline
May 9, 2013

angerbeet posted:

I just wanted to see what was new in the update, but all of my bags are expired and I went to an inn and... All of my clothing is stuck in a box?

Server merge seems to have done an OK job though, lots of pubs even in Luoyang and Suzhou

Facing the same issue. All of my bags and boxes are expired, my mail box is full, my inventory is full, and I can't remember my item protection password. Until I get a GM to respond to my email request for a reset I'm boned. That said, there are a lot of timers going now for rewards. One that I'm working on is 5 hours (!) long. I better get some kind of crazy reward at the end. What's the limit for AFK logout?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

There is (was?) no afk timeout.

Zipline
May 9, 2013

FebrezeNinja posted:

There is (was?) no afk timeout.

I just assumed they added one since I got up to take out the trash and when I came back the game was closed. Apparently it just crashed to desktop. That's much better!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

I sold my character :v:

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Zipline posted:

Facing the same issue. All of my bags and boxes are expired, my mail box is full, my inventory is full, and I can't remember my item protection password. Until I get a GM to respond to my email request for a reset I'm boned. That said, there are a lot of timers going now for rewards. One that I'm working on is 5 hours (!) long. I better get some kind of crazy reward at the end. What's the limit for AFK logout?

The 5 hour reward is a bag of something and a token for the 2nd anniversary set https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iVdON7LxnM

You need 32 tokens, you get one per day from the 5 hour login reward and another from being logged on for 45 minutes from 20:30 to 22:30 server time.

Zipline
May 9, 2013

Haquer posted:

I sold my character :v:

Could make a new one. They're dumping all kinds of accelerated training manuals and pills on accounts right now.

EDIT: If anyone is playing again my main's IGN is Kuanfeng

Zipline fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 21, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Zipline posted:

Could make a new one. They're dumping all kinds of accelerated training manuals and pills on accounts right now.

EDIT: If anyone is playing again my main's IGN is Kuanfeng

Biggest problem is that even with acceleration you still need drat good meridians to be competitive in pvp and weapon manuals which there is no accelerating of and takes a couple months to max out one weapon, even spending taels to help.

Really don't want to do it all again and don't have that kind of free time anymore anyway :(

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

FebrezeNinja posted:

Not being run by SnailUSA.

fakebaconandeggs
Feb 18, 2011

CREDO!
I'll never forget being called a Lannister bastard. :unsmith:

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
It is a shame the game went down the route it did, each new patch brings new things that would be fun in a fully populated and well-run game. This patch adds the two new areas, which are divided in to four sub-zones. It's basically a giant survival minigame where you have to forage for materials, hunt for food, stay warm, fight NPCs and mercenaries, and complete story lines. If you come across players on your enemy list, you can kill them and take their materials and skill fragments, as well as their unequipped gear. They have to pay to get the gear back, just like the random PvP thing based on having high alignment.

Also cross-server school wars, and apparently the top thing to get from it is a mass PvP ancient muay thai set.

GreatestNerdEver fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 21, 2015

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Ghosts are worth spending money on :iiam:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Ghosts are worth spending money on :iiam:

Happy anniversary to all 45 people still playing!!!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/578

A character purge in a mmo ? Has anyone ever see such things before ?

I know Snail Usa servers are Hamster powered but in this era of 2TB storage for 80$ are they so stripped for cash they need to purge old char to make room for more gold seller and bots accounts ?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Pretty sure the only characters to actually get purged were really lazy spammers.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

aleksendr posted:

A character purge in a mmo ? Has anyone ever see such things before?
Only smalltime MMOs

or if you count MMOs that get shut down and another company starts them back up

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I kind of wish games would do this a little more often, just to free up good unused character names. Gotta nab some good gimmick names.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Yeah I'd really hate to not be able to use 'Q12A'

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
For instance: I had a joke alt account beggar that I barely leveled named Bulimia. Now you too can feel justified vomiting on everyone you meet.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

aleksendr posted:

I know Snail Usa servers are Hamster powered but in this era of 2TB storage for 80$ are they so stripped for cash they need to purge old char to make room for more gold seller and bots accounts ?

I remember Everquest had one, back when it was still popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

aleksendr posted:

Well... there were all those voting alts that got made for the school head votes.