Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Fast Luck posted:

Whoa! This is the sort of stuff Jeff loves to see come out in Tribal Council.

Follow-up question for imgay, Strong Mouse, Rurea, Chic, DoggPickle, and garth:

Comments? At least some of you are now officially named targets, and if not you, it could be someone from your bloc. Is this something you didn't know? Do you have this under control?

I've known since the challenge was over that I was going to be back on the chopping block. I hope to have it under control, but like I just said, I didn't have much time for campaigning these last few days.

Fast Luck posted:

Kind of a repeat of my previous post, but what's your response to the argument that you're too big a threat to be kept around?

I kind of want to know how other people see me as a threat. There were multiple challenges that I wasn't able to participate in. There have been plenty of times where I haven't been overly social. Why am I a threat to everybody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

It's been such a short time since the merge that I feel we haven't had time to see where people are in terms of alliances with original tribemates. I'm not really sure who is gonna be going home tonight.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Do you think one might say, "The game is afoot"?

YES! You might in fact say the game is afoot! You might also say that people need to be present or they may never wake up again.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Comments? At least some of you are now officially named targets, and if not you, it could be someone from your bloc. Is this something you didn't know? Do you have this under control?

I had a feeling this was the sentiment of at least some people from Ultra Sexy. I think that I've done enough so that I won't be going at least.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

You might also say that people need to be present or they may never wake up again.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hey Jeff, thanks for your concerns. I'd like to mention that I have nothing under control. I'm sure there are many things I don't know in the magical island we inhabit. I hope to be able to follow my heart to access my dreams into tomorrow and stay in the game of friendship and love and eventually getting betrayed.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Worst thing that could happen is that you would transform into mice and have to duke your way through vermin like they were goons, and cats as if they were dragons.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

YES! You might in fact say the game is afoot! You might also say that people need to be present or they may never wake up again.
Question for DoggPickle and garthoneeye
At all worried that comments like these are aimed at Chic Trombone and Rurea, two of the players who haven't been around yet today and who came into the merge with you?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jato posted:

It's been such a short time since the merge that I feel we haven't had time to see where people are in terms of alliances with original tribemates. I'm not really sure who is gonna be going home tonight.
I'm going to pick on you a bit, because this is sort of a weak answer.

You might dodge this question, which is to be expected, but perhaps you can at least respond to the sentiment... Do you have an alliance that you think you can count on? Can that alliance pull six votes tonight, the number it'd take to be guaranteed to control the vote? Have you thought at all about what you can do within that six to eventually make it to the end?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

garthoneeye posted:

Nobody can vote for me :dance: I am upset that I could not confirm some votes for tonight because people were not here. That is no secret. I hope that none of my friends go home, but I'll do what I said I'd do, and the ultimate outcome will come down to stuff that is out of my hands. What can you do? :shrug:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

At all worried that comments like these are aimed at Chic Trombone and Rurea, two of the players who haven't been around yet today and who came into the merge with you?

Honestly? I'm terrified that Chic and Rurea haven't been around. I hope that they at least show up.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DoggPickle posted:

Nobody can vote for me :dance: I am upset that I could not confirm some votes for tonight because people were not here. That is no secret. I hope that none of my friends go home, but I'll do what I said I'd do, and the ultimate outcome will come down to stuff that is out of my hands. What can you do? :shrug:

I consider all of you guys my friends and it makes me sad that we are at the point where ultimately everyone has to go in order for me to win.

I hope it's no hard feelings to whoever goes home from here on out.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

I'm going to pick on you a bit, because this is sort of a weak answer.

You might dodge this question, which is to be expected, but perhaps you can at least respond to the sentiment... Do you have an alliance that you think you can count on? Can that alliance pull six votes tonight, the number it'd take to be guaranteed to control the vote? Have you thought at all about what you can do within that six to eventually make it to the end?

Heh sorry. As I said my day isn't going too well and I'm just trying to phonepost some answers so I don't get excluded from the vote. I have an alliance and I think I can count on some of them but definitely not all. I have thought about that.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I feel like we're all enacting that brilliant play by Samuel Beckett, the one that talks about so many things that raises our viewpoint on the world at large.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I consider all of you guys my friends and it makes me sad that we are at the point where ultimately everyone has to go in order for me to win.

I hope it's no hard feelings to whoever goes home from here on out.

You are so sweet! I feel the same way about everybody still playing (that I have "met") I think we will be forum buddies even if we have to backstab each other or something because you are NIce person who I would like to be friends with!! Also, other people :lol:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

garthoneeye posted:

Honestly? I'm terrified that Chic and Rurea haven't been around. I hope that they at least show up.
Well, they've got some time... Everyone who has shown up so far is cleared to vote. Chic and Rurea have another 30 minutes.

You all may submit your votes, and, after that, can help pass the time waiting by watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd3mfO4npV8

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Fast Luck posted:

I feel like this was a little bit my fault because I was frustrated and I basically told EVERYBODY :downs: that we were missing some people. It was like a day ago though, so I thought they would show up! They always have been very strong participants in the past. This is a "Weird thing". I am particularly confused that they still aren't here.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Sorry I'm late! I was job hunting this afternoon, and then I ended up going out for dinner with my parents and just got back.

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everyone
Last Tribal Council, "original" Swole held 4 votes and "original" Sexy players held 3. Nevertheless, it was a Swole player who was sent home. We now have people reunited who were together on day one, and we also have people that have been together since the shuffle. How do all these relationships blend together to form the alliances that will dictate this vote?

Question for Chic Trombone, DoggPickle, garthoneeye, Rurea
You are the survivors of a tribe that was forced to eat itself. By reaching the merge, have you found temporary salvation? Or is being down in numbers going to keep you on the chopping block?

I think the relationships blending isn't really done yet. It's only been a couple days, after all, and at the moment I think the strongest relationships are from our secondary tribes still. Probably we're going to see a lot of that in the upcoming vote

It really depends on the remnants of Super Sexy at this point I think. I dunno, I've been out most of the day so I'm a little disconnected at the moment.

Fast Luck posted:

I suspected as much, but I think I have things mostly together at the moment.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

My attempt to shame fastluck for using tags wrong was ruined by my phone. :(

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also I have to admit that I was panicking a little while at dinner with my parents, they're picky about me using the phone at the table when I'm out with them and I was SUPER worried I wouldn't get back in time.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

This speaks to me, I just know it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

that guy seems pretty good

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chic Trombone posted:

Also I have to admit that I was panicking a little while at dinner with my parents, they're picky about me using the phone at the table when I'm out with them and I was SUPER worried I wouldn't get back in time.
I'm glad you made it! Is dinner over?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm old-school and I HATE IT when people check their phones at dinner, and I frankly would have "silently shamed" you in the most PARENTY way possible. :laffo:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

This speaks to me, I just know it.

You are tarzan

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

I'm glad you made it! Is dinner over?

Yes. I skipped out on dessert to be here. My parents were shocked that I didn't order tiramisu (since we were at a pretty great Italian restaurant and I am a tirimasu fiend) but if I had it would've probably been another 15-20 minutes before I got home

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I guess you still would've squeaked in under the bar, but I admire your sacrifice!

Any concerns about Rurea's absence?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I haven't heard from him since before the merger so yeah it is pretty worrying now that I think about it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

You can vote now when you're ready. Only Rurea cannot vote.

Everyone can keep posting, though!

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I am super lucky that I don't like sweets. I pretty much never do the dessert part, but I can be tricked into some cheesecake. I think that still counts as "savory" as far as desserts go? I'm not exactly sure what Tirimasu is, so I think we have time for an explanation, if you don't mind.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just put coconut shrimp in the oven. I mad hungry

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Times like this I wish someone had saved some booze from the merge feast.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I love coconut shrimp!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I think fluck threatened me about having my address earlier, talk about spooksville!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also probably I can get them to pick me up a slice of cake or something from the organic supermarket place they were going to visit afterwards and that's less expensive anyway so vOv re: the dessert thing I guess

DoggPickle posted:

I am super lucky that I don't like sweets. I pretty much never do the dessert part, but I can be tricked into some cheesecake. I think that still counts as "savory" as far as desserts go? I'm not exactly sure what Tirimasu is, so I think we have time for an explanation, if you don't mind.

It's a coffee-flavored italian dessert and I love it and always have. It's made with a base of ladyfingers, which is then topped with a creamy mixture of sugar, eggs, cocoa, and marscapone cheese, and it's usually topped with more powdered cocoa. The specific place we were at also soaks it in cappuccino and it's soooo good.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I suddenly feel my sweet tooth writhing with want

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

imgay posted:

I just put coconut shrimp in the oven. I mad hungry

Coconut is gross SUPER GROSS, but shrimp actually end up as my go-to snack a lot. My first thought is always pepperoni/salami and if I don't have that then "thawed meats" which normally I would have already eaten, and then it comes down to frozen meats, and uncooked Frozen shrimps are like the DUR answer to that, cuz they thaw in warm water in like 2 minutes and then you can pan fry them in another 2-3 minutes, and make them taste like steak with the right seasonings. Frankly it is a wonder that I'm not some giant blob person. Frozen crab legs are the bomb too. MMMMM CRAB. Now I can't wait until this vote + challenge is over. I have Snow crab upstairs.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I think I'm gonna text my mom and see if I can't get them to get some tirimasu from the organic supermarket place they said they were going next actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Coconut is gross and seafood is gross. Why am I on this island again?

• Locked thread