Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I can't see Nintendo announcing anything at E3, considering how Japan-centric most of their stuff usually is. Unless it's a Western-only (or Western-based) game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Tired Moritz posted:

I haven't been into pokemon for ages, and now there's two new f2p games? holy poo poo.

which one is better, rumble or shuffle? Pokemon rumble is super cute but I've just been spamming A.

shuffle is way better but i wish they would let you replay levels you beat or even captured the monster on

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

oddium posted:

shuffle is way better but i wish they would let you replay levels you beat or even captured the monster on

You can do that though. Just go back and reselect the level.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah but i mean without needing hearts

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Tired Moritz posted:

I haven't been into pokemon for ages, and now there's two new f2p games? holy poo poo.

which one is better, rumble or shuffle? Pokemon rumble is super cute but I've just been spamming A.

You have cracked the code of Pokemon Rumble. You literally just spam A. Some people really like it I guess. Shuffle can be REALLY frustrating with giant walls at times though.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pokemon ShitSouffle

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Dehry posted:

The Spanish pokemon blogs seem to be indicating it was an announcement of Pokemon episodes. The announcement being :siren:ASH IS GETTING A NOIBAT:siren: :japan:.

It will be interesting to see if E3 actually has something. Maybe they pushed a pokemon announcement since they didn't have any Legend of Zelda footage to show?

Yeah, as it turns out the Famitsu reveal was just a mistranslation that got passed around. Probably just gonna be stuff we already saw like the recent Hoopa art. Should've known something was not right when pretty much no one else had picked up the story.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Drowning Rabbit posted:

You have cracked the code of Pokemon Rumble. You literally just spam A. Some people really like it I guess. Shuffle can be REALLY frustrating with giant walls at times though.

yeah but pokemon rumble lets my miis pose with cute pokemons.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon has just been announced. I've been hoping for a game that improves on Gates to Infinity. Maybe this one will have more than 200 Pokemon.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon has just been announced. I've been hoping for a game that improves on Gates to Infinity. Maybe this one will have more than 200 Pokemon.

Yeah

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
hell yes mystery dungeon

i finally went ahead and scheduled a repair for my 3ds just for this

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

pokemon super mystery dungeon will be free to play. you can do five floors every two point five hours or buy ruby/sapphire/emerald keys to unlock the next floor now

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Crosspeice posted:

Pokemon Megathread 7.0: My Pokemon Waifu

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I never played Gates to Infinity. Besides the low pokemon selection was it good

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It was okay, I did like how it looked and the story was on par with the series, but they changed a few things that are fairly questionable. I'm not sure if I liked the removal of hunger or not, but it made one less thing to worry about, I suppose. The normal A attack was nerfed so that it was more or less useless. Again, not sure how I feel about that. The building of your base was cool, but there wasn't all that much to do besides reap your Reviver Seeds and whatnot. The shared exp was excellent, since it meant I actually used my reserves instead of just letting them collect dust and the narrow selection of Pokemon let you try out everyone and made it easier to obtain all of them (anyone here actually obtain all 492 Pokemon in Sky?), but there were barely any legendaries you could use and big Pokemon were missing entirely so things didn't clip terribly.

Overall, eh, it was fine, not as good as the previous ones. And depending how this one is like, you could skip Gates entirely.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Even though I've only ever played the first Mystery Dungeon I'm pretty excited about Super. I still go back to Red Rescue once in a while because of just how fun it is exploring the world. Gonna have to go back to and actually try to finish it this time. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Also anybody here have HA Amaura by any chance?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cerony posted:

Even though I've only ever played the first Mystery Dungeon I'm pretty excited about Super. I still go back to Red Rescue once in a while because of just how fun it is exploring the world. Gonna have to go back to and actually try to finish it this time. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Also anybody here have HA Amaura by any chance?

The second Mystery Dungeon (Explorers of whatever) is the best so far, you should check that out rather than Gates if you can get your hands on it. But I'm excited for Super too ;)

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

corn in the bible posted:

The second Mystery Dungeon (Explorers of whatever) is the best so far, you should check that out rather than Gates if you can get your hands on it. But I'm excited for Super too ;)

It also had a great final boss theme. Spoilers in the name.

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61oFE03ZFAY

and with a nice fan remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcFJqY6lQfw&index=45&list=PLl3LtQlvUGKZYF2MKG3BpWQm3hPcikv5v

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

was explorers of sky a different game or just a third version of time and darkness?

darkness was the last one of those I played and I really liked it at the time

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Third version. It did have notable improvements though so if you go back now to play them definitely play Sky.

Geostomp posted:

It also had a great final boss theme. Spoilers in the name.

The PMD series has some really nice music in general. I still love Sky Tower from the original Red/Blue.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 22, 2015

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ruggington posted:

was explorers of sky a different game or just a third version of time and darkness?

darkness was the last one of those I played and I really liked it at the time

it adds a few more pokemon and also some side missions where you play as the members of the wigglytuff guild. nothing mindblowing (though you do get to play as bidoof, aka the best character)

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

There's Spinda's Cafe where you can make drinks out of food items to boost your stats and the Recycling Shop to get rid of your unwanted items for new ones, or even new dungeons. And Croagunk's Swap Shop is actually usable, since you can swap any special items for really good ones for Pokemon in your party. There's subtle improvements, the story is exactly the same, but why not play it all again?

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
My gf said I should make a team with Slurpuff because "he's sooooo cute!"

Well he's got Belly Drum / Unburden, so that's a good start. I'll give him five fairy friends and take Team Cute to battlespot.

GLSG-WWWW-WW22-UJ8N

Slurpuff/Azumarill/Sylveon/Togekiss/Whimsicott/Mawile vs clearly hacked legend team.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
So how do I S-Rank the Timburr stage? I've tried Mewtwo as the mega and three other psychics while using Mega Start and Moves +5 but I still only get an A rank, even with 15 moves left. Any ideas?

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Waffleopolis posted:

So how do I S-Rank the Timburr stage? I've tried Mewtwo as the mega and three other psychics while using Mega Start and Moves +5 but I still only get an A rank, even with 15 moves left. Any ideas?

Either buy Mega start, +5 moves and Complexity -1, or you could just get the first two and hope you get lucky with chains.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Disargeria posted:

My gf said I should make a team with Slurpuff because "he's sooooo cute!"

Well he's got Belly Drum / Unburden, so that's a good start. I'll give him five fairy friends and take Team Cute to battlespot.

GLSG-WWWW-WW22-UJ8N

Slurpuff/Azumarill/Sylveon/Togekiss/Whimsicott/Mawile vs clearly hacked legend team.

What's your Slurpuff build? The one from Smogon? That was a good battle, but where the gently caress is the fun in using an all hacked legends team?

Also who wants to admit to spending a bad amount of money on Shuffle? Anyone here a sucker? Can I really make a post entirely composed of questions?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What are some cool Pokemon to catch and use in early game Omega Ruby? Literally everything I've met in the first hour is hot garbage.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Vegetable posted:

What are some cool Pokemon to catch and use in early game Omega Ruby? Literally everything I've met in the first hour is hot garbage.
You can pick up a Ralts on route 102.

Slakoth and Shroomish from Petalburg Woods can turn into real powerhouses.

if you get to Mauville you can grab a Mach Bike and go back to Granite Cave to catch a Mawile.

Also, Wondertrade.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Nihilarian posted:

Also, Wondertrade.
Enjoy your Zigzagoon.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I've gone as far past Rustburo as I can to catch wild Pokemon and still literally everything is bad. I really want to train something other than Mudkip. Slakoth and Shroomish are cool but they still feel kinda meh.

Gonna train that Makuhita I got in the Rustburo house. At least the thing looks cute.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vegetable posted:

I've gone as far past Rustburo as I can to catch wild Pokemon and still literally everything is bad. I really want to train something other than Mudkip. Slakoth and Shroomish are cool but they still feel kinda meh.

Gonna train that Makuhita I got in the Rustburo house. At least the thing looks cute.

Zigzagoon, Whimsur, both birds and Shroomish are all really cool. Hope that helps.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
There's been an update to Shuffle with the Lucarionite given out, a free Complexity -1 and Shaymin as a special pokemon.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Diet Poison posted:

What's your Slurpuff build? The one from Smogon? That was a good battle, but where the gently caress is the fun in using an all hacked legends team?

Also who wants to admit to spending a bad amount of money on Shuffle? Anyone here a sucker? Can I really make a post entirely composed of questions?

Yeah basically the smogon build. Belly Drum -> Eats Sitrus -> Unburden speed boost and pray nothing looks at it too funny. It works better in non 3v3 formats for sure, though. Play Rough and Return for coverage and I'm holding onto Substitute in the last slot.

I feel like half of battlespot is shiny legendary teams. Fairy types are quite useful considering how many legendary dragons pop up!

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Vegetable posted:

Have you been trying out the DexNav? You can get some pretty great moves out of it.

Disargeria posted:

Yeah basically the smogon build. Belly Drum -> Eats Sitrus -> Unburden speed boost and pray nothing looks at it too funny. It works better in non 3v3 formats for sure, though. Play Rough and Return for coverage and I'm holding onto Substitute in the last slot.

I feel like half of battlespot is shiny legendary teams. Fairy types are quite useful considering how many legendary dragons pop up!

If you have access to ORAS you could have the Battle Resort tutors teach it Drain Punch for some pretty good coverage.

manny kaltz
Oct 16, 2011

What?...
I've recently bought Soul Silver and Platinum. I was wondering if I am able to trade Pokemon between the two games, are has the shutdown of the Wifi servers made that impossible?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

manny kaltz posted:

I've recently bought Soul Silver and Platinum. I was wondering if I am able to trade Pokemon between the two games, are has the shutdown of the Wifi servers made that impossible?

Those trades used local Wireless. Assuming you have two DS/3DS systems, they should still work.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I just got to the Drilbur stage in Shuffle (I'm slow), and the first time it loaded up I immediately got "No possible moves left!" So the stage reset, and I got "No possible moves left!" again. Who the gently caress thought this was a good stage design? And then it starts using disruptions every single turn? This is worse than Milotic.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Drilbur is fun! It's just like digging :3:

Also Milotic is trivial if you throw a Feebas in there.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Vegetable posted:

poochyena is adorable gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

Cerony posted:

If you have access to ORAS you could have the Battle Resort tutors teach it Drain Punch for some pretty good coverage.

Oh wow that's not on Smogons move list so I overlooked it. That would work pretty well with Substitute, allowing him to have some lasting power while he's knocking chumps down.

• Locked thread