Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Alighieri posted:

Played for about 5 hours so far over the last two days. The game looks better to me then the 2013 video. Have all settings maxed and hair turned on, looks absolutely gorgeous. The different color pallet alone makes it much better then what was shown previously. If I had to stare at grey constantly I would gouge my eyes out.

Yeah two of my favorite things in this game is the unabashed use of color and also the sound environment holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

To be honest I think (not know) the starting armor is just there to teach you that items can be upgraded, like other posters have said you will easily leave White Orchard with a better outfit.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I want to play the game, but I can't cause it keeps freezing about 10 minutes in now. I hope they find out what the hell is causing it and patch it quick. It seriously is just like Fallout 3 where you'd just randomly freeze while doing nothing or anything. Freezing issues, no dedicated inventory for potions/oils/bombs, no outside storage, and wonky rear end movement that makes fine adjustments nearly impossible are my only gripes with this game.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I'm playing on PS4 and for some reason no matter what when I'm running around off the horse the camera keeps dipping super low to zoom in on Geralt's rear end, unless I'm constantly fiddling with the right stick. It's really annoying.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fuligin posted:

I'm playing on PS4 and for some reason no matter what when I'm running around off the horse the camera keeps dipping super low to zoom in on Geralt's rear end, unless I'm constantly fiddling with the right stick. It's really annoying.

A lot of work was put on motion capturing that rear end and you drat better admire it.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any story consequences to getting too "friendly" with various sorceress? Particularly the one in Velen, but more generally if Geralt bangs everything with a skirt does it cut you out of certain endings to the whole Yennifer subplot? I sort of assume she'd take notice, but this is a Witcher game so :shrug:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thank gently caress, maybe this will hardlock the ps4 gameplay framerate and fix the movement issues. also maybe give geralt some decent knees so he doesn't buckle like a geriatric after falling 2 feet

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Insect Court posted:

Are there any story consequences to getting too "friendly" with various sorceress? Particularly the one in Velen, but more generally if Geralt bangs everything with a skirt does it cut you out of certain endings to the whole Yennifer subplot? I sort of assume she'd take notice, but this is a Witcher game so :shrug:

Yennefer is probably sleeping around Skeelinge too, if it makes you feel better. They're both fine with it, she's just mad about Triss because she was her friend.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

turtlecrunch posted:

Yeah two of my favorite things in this game is the unabashed use of color and also the sound environment holy gently caress

The trees creaking in the wind at night is a nice effect.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

m.hache posted:

I have the same card and was getting crashes.

I turned off the NVIDIA Streamer Service, Set my Framerate cap to Unlimited and turn on Vsync. Since then I haven't had a single crash in game.

For the record, this worked, all the stuttering, and never ending freeze stopped, I occasionally get a freeze, probably loading an area or something, but then it comes back

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Where can I actually find someone to make weapons? I found the Serpent school schematics in White Orchard but the craftsman there and the one in Velen don't seem to have them in their crafting lists.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Azazell0 posted:

Okay, on a related note: what's the biggest bottleneck in terms of my performance, CPU or GPU or something else? My 3 years old PC has an Intel i5 -2500 3.3ghz CPU and GeForce GTX 750. I'm playing this on high with some tweaks (similar to GTA V) but what should I update if I want the biggest boost on modern PC games?

Funny enough, the both games look good to me even on med-high settings, so I can't even imagine what it'd be like on Ultra.

Graphics card, the 2500 will be fine for a while. Standard "buy a 970 with the two free games" response. Sell the GOG Witcher code for 25 or 30 bucks.
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=AS-S970DO4&c=CJ this is probably the best U.S. deal atm, use code TRIBUTE10 for another 10$ off.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 20, 2015

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

turtlecrunch posted:

The foley is really impressive, on par with Battlefield games. I can't help but smile when a wooden door opens somewhere and it's the same door sound from Morrowind and countless movies though! :3:

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
So I've killed the wyvern at the lighthouse twice now and both times gotten nothing. Does he just not drop anything? It's a gigantic pain in the rear end to kill him at level 4 and I don't want to do it again. He's also kind of buggy and his corpse tends to clip through the floor when he dies.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Davoren posted:

Where can I actually find someone to make weapons? I found the Serpent school schematics in White Orchard but the craftsman there and the one in Velen don't seem to have them in their crafting lists.

Try the Nilfgaardian blacksmith in the White Orchard base.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Found a barber. :allears:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I could never get in to Witchers 1 or 2 because the combat was somewhat off-putting. Specifically, the rigmarole of buffs and traps and pre-fight setup was stuff I was just not interested in. Is Witcher 3 any different in that regard?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Honest Thief posted:

For the record, this worked, all the stuttering, and never ending freeze stopped, I occasionally get a freeze, probably loading an area or something, but then it comes back

I cn't for the life of me understand why anyone wouldn't immediately uninstall the Nvidia Experience program and just keep the nvidia control panel.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Archimago posted:

I added most of the diagrams now too. If there's other poo poo you want to see on this let me know.

I'd be into having a "Minimum Level to Equip" column, unless it's already there and I'm dumb.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
So are cats important to Geralt? Came across a cutscene where a cat got a suspiciously disproportionate amount of camera time despite being irrelevant to the scene and quest in question.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Cats and dragons are the only two creatures that can draw directly from the Power.

Don't eat cats, you will die from magic poisoning.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ciaphas posted:

I could never get in to Witchers 1 or 2 because the combat was somewhat off-putting. Specifically, the rigmarole of buffs and traps and pre-fight setup was stuff I was just not interested in. Is Witcher 3 any different in that regard?

Traps are gone and you can now use potions in combat. Faster flow to combat.

Edit: Blade oils I think still need to be applied out of combat.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 20, 2015

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
I can't skip anything (cutscenes or dialogue) in PS4. Yes, I am pressing Square. This is a small, but really annoying bug.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Wish there were more inventory slots, though. With only two I don't have space for all of Swallow, a food item to actually make Swallow useful, and Thunderbolt. Sure, I can use them directly from the inventory, but opening the inventory right now is russian roulette with game freeze bullets.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

I was having crashes too, sometimes after 2mins of playing sometimes after hours of play. Tried fullscreen vs windowed, returns vid card to stock speeds, vsync on/off, all sorts of suggestions. What I think did fix it was removing the new nvidia drivers (along with geforce experience) and installing just the drivers from the release right before GTA5, 347.88. Seems good so far but now that I've posted this it'll probably crash on me in the next five minutes.

I quicksave all the time now, probably not a bad habit either way.

On the upgraded armor thing.. I've only seen two schematics so far that required previous armor, one for the starter chest and one for a different one. Both upgraded to fairly low level armors, are there higher level plans that will keep boosting them from there? I didn't keep my starter armor and honestly I really don't see myself missing it either, there are upgrades all over the place.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

tehllama posted:

So I've killed the wyvern at the lighthouse twice now and both times gotten nothing. Does he just not drop anything? It's a gigantic pain in the rear end to kill him at level 4 and I don't want to do it again. He's also kind of buggy and his corpse tends to clip through the floor when he dies.

It doesn't drop anything. It seems like you're just meant to avoid it because of how lovely the area is for fighting it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Have the developers actually acknowledged that the freezing problem is an issue they're looking into, by the way?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Why is the load time for this game so terrible? It should not be taking me 20+ seconds to load a save on an SSD :(

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Does Geralt actually speak "German" or is that just for our convenience?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Geralt is not actually from Germany or Poland or English (US) or English (UK).

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

Phoix posted:

It doesn't drop anything. It seems like you're just meant to avoid it because of how lovely the area is for fighting it.

Well poo poo.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Ok, can you cook meat in this game? I'm tried of raw wolf liver

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
The hunter is pouring his heart out to Geralt and a bunch of dear are mugging the camera. Get out of here you loving deer.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Sauer posted:

The hunter is pouring his heart out to Geralt and a bunch of dear are mugging the camera. Get out of here you loving deer.

Oh God I felt so awful when that happened. "Hey, I'll just ask this dude what the problem is cause I'm an RPG Protagonist and I'll probably get a quest out of this and look Geralt is even saying he can help and oh gently caress gently caress abort ABORT"

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Sauer posted:

Does Geralt actually speak "German" or is that just for our convenience?

He can understand it at least I think? Also it's actually Dutch.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Always knew the Dutch were evil.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Archimago posted:

That question is exactly why someone in IRC wanted that megatable I posted: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cpFXG3CqUM6S0nA5x6oR8H67TnF_NirRgj1V0FgYy_c/edit?usp=sharing

What's the "Geralt Shirt" item listed in the requirements for those Witcher armor lines? Is it the starting armor?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

VDay posted:

9999 weight limit mod

About to try it myself, will report whether it blows my computer up or not.

There is also a HEX edit out there.

quote:

alternative method patching exe v1.02 (GoG):

006F4E6C: F3 -> 31
006F4E6D: 0F -> C0
006F4E6E: 11 -> 89

makes everything weigh 0.01

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

God dammit, I sold the Kaer Morhen armor back in White Orchid. What the gently caress, CDPR? I can't craft the witcher gear now, eh? gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Just met an awesome troll Who has been somehow convinced by a general to protect some BOATS proceeded with geralt painting a dumbass drawing on the wall, all whilst he's yelling trolololol

GOTY

and to the goon CDPR dev that did this quest good job at making me choak on my cactus juice