Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Since it's finals week at my high school and we're doing nothing I decided to bring my computer to pass the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
my legs flail wildlyw hen i play so id be kicking my classmates seat all day long

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Is Steam down for anyone else? Steamstat.us isn't sure what's going on and I just keep getting "Could not connect to the Steam network" when I try logging in.

e: Never mind, it works now. :downs:

e2: Awww yeah, started up CS:GO for the first time in two days and got this, there's no way this could go wrong

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 20, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

my legs flail wildlyw hen i play so id be kicking my classmates seat all day long

lol if you're not squatting while playing cs:go in 2015

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Lol, ESEA is breaking computers again? I remember they supposedly fried a few GPUs during the bitcoining mining scandal.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Bohemian Nights posted:

lol if you're not squatting while playing cs:go in 2015

Slav squat to 4k mmr lets loving go cyka blyat

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Cevo client update spotted.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
oh hi im late

stringball posted:

Hi I'm really terrible and new at this game and I have dumb questions:

Why is the m4/USP with suppressor used over the other versions?

Not a dumb question. The reason(s) is multifaceted:

1. M4A1 + USP are more accurate than the P2K and M4A4 while under the effects of minor movement, allowing people to strafe around a bit while firing without penalizing accuracy nearly as much.

2. Silenced sound is much harder to pinpoint which can give you a fraction of a second advantage in an enemy's reaction timing as they figure out where you are. Muzzle flash is also vastly reduced in smoke, making smoke spam harder to counteract. (They still have tracers though so~)

3. Many players erroneously believe that because the pros will pick M4A1 / USP they should copy this behavior and magdump without hitting poo poo, as far as spray control goes, the M4A1 and USP fall behind the M4A4 and P2K. And the last thing you want to do on those low ammo silenced guns is magdump without getting a frag.

Regardless, there is a price difference between the M4A1 and M4A4 now (largely because of these reasons) and it can influence some rounds where money is tight. Choose your destiny.

stringball posted:

I have a logitch g400s, do I need to mess with any settings beyond mouse acceleration?

I have slightly small desk space with no way to make more, but I like low sensitivity (not sure the exact inches, can measure) and also need to break the wrist instead of using my arm to aim

No. There really is little reason (in the game, I like higher desktop sens) to alter DPI because in game sensitivity is really the only scaling value you need to fiddle with. Basically you'll have to find your fit with your tiny desk space!

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Thanks Cole for the heads up.

Gentlemen, CEVO is making a play

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
henne, turns out Source doesn't actually do things the sane way (and instead processes commands on the *next* frame for certain things like +attack in aliases, wtf) so I can't actually write you a tapfire bind since they took wait out like Powerful Wizard mentioned. :(

Also, god drat, CEVO. And is that Windows 10 or does Windows 8.1 actually have some sort of DPI scaling that isn't complete and utter poo poo?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kazinsal posted:

And is that Windows 10 or does Windows 8.1 actually have some sort of DPI scaling that isn't complete and utter poo poo?
That is 8.1 and DPI scaling breaks in half of applications.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm scared to mm now even though ranks mean absolutely nothing

lol I care too much

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Just canceled my ESEA subscription for CEVO MVP. gently caress that poo poo.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Neat, thanks

My mouse space is 9inches wide and 11 long, bigger than I thought, does it seem like an okay space?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Its cool that you handicap yourself to play with us, I respect that

Yeah? Got my first results in...

PSA: The csgo illuminati (mcvey) want your sens so low you can't react to them, don't listen; resist!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Beating up on silvers, CONGRATS

1v1 me, kid

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Beating up on silvers, CONGRATS

1v1 me, kid

Ok. Call it. These shoulders will do more work than the Flames.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

aim_map, aim_usp, some AWP map(to give you a chance at winning something)

e: there are those 1v1 arena maps but I've never played on one

mcvey fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 21, 2015

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Put money on the line and let me shoutcast the 1v1 please.

awp_india go

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i fuckin cannot make bad enough buys to not have a 30-40K game, how do i avoid gold nova so i can play with unranked friends

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
ESEA's site is being DDoSed, lol.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Antares posted:

i fuckin cannot make bad enough buys to not have a 30-40K game, how do i avoid gold nova so i can play with unranked friends

only dualies when that gets too easy only tazer

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Since it's finals week at my high school and we're doing nothing I decided to bring my computer to pass the time

please tell me this is fake haha

also lmao @ the cevo update

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

mcvey posted:

The A1 is used considerably more than the A4 by a big margin. The USP is used more as well but the gap is smaller.

as you can see by 2015 stats so far you are definitely wrong, idiot!!!

Luna Was Here posted:

please tell me this is fake haha

what does your heart tell you

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E199l_OdSc&hd=1

Joe Rogan, tomorrow Lets go

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I've been having a weird issue lately where my game seems like it's about to completely lock up and crash for like 20 minute and then it finally hard locks. I also noticed during the temporary glitching/freezing that my var in netgraph spikes super high and then returns to normal levels when the game is running somewhat normal again.

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

Xenaero posted:

Yeah? Got my first results in...

PSA: The csgo illuminati (mcvey) want your sens so low you can't react to them, don't listen; resist!

why you gotta SS after I leave and leave out my 30+ frags!!! huh!?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We were playing a randy map and he comes in bragging LoL

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

deetee posted:

why you gotta SS after I leave and leave out my 30+ frags!!! huh!?

Because I hate you + puush hosed up so I had to manually screenshot it like it was 2003 all over again, I'm sorry, friend

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

We were playing a randy map and he comes in bragging LoL

he needs the self-esteem boost after what happened to him 2 days ago, just let him have this one

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

Audax posted:

Just canceled my ESEA subscription for CEVO MVP. gently caress that poo poo.

I'm stuck in the league with them :(

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

real dilemma posted:

he needs the self-esteem boost after what happened to him 2 days ago, just let him have this one

My beef is with mcvey. Don't get yourselves involved.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

There is going to be a wipe on a great rust server I am playing on due to today's update that adds ladders you can place anywhere and raid with. If any of you CSGO goons want to give RUST another shot because they brought the fun back in spades. Everything about the current state of the new build is better than the original now and this server I am playing on has a massive population so there is always a naked guy that wants what you got in the area.

The server is the only official server running the fixed map remake of the legacy map called Hapis island.

Server Name:
Rustafied.com Hapis Island
150 player Max official server.

Hope to see some of you come back. I have the blueprints for the bolt action rifle and high velocity ammo but I cant fight 7 man raid parties with crack shots and automatics by myself. Just two days ago I attempted to make a nice tower fort with some of the new triangle foundations and the biggest raiding party in the server rocketed the thing down to holy hell and suppressed my small group into a single room last stand. It was a lot of fun. This server is loving great and the new Hapis island map is really nice looking. Then again you could come in and just kill the gently caress out of me with an icepick and then eat me which is fun too.

For the few of you that played legacy this will feel totally new to you as well.
- Trees are the main source for wood now. No more log piles. This makes constructing a wood house easier and you see more player structures.
- Metal rock nodes are no longer totally fixed so they spawn in general areas now and not just in the same place every time.
- There is a new cold dynamic so if you go up into the snowlands naked you are going to freeze to death unless you set up a campfire.
- You build structures using only two tools (Building Plans and a Wood Hammer) Holding down right click with these gives you a wheel menu for construction.
- You can straight upgrade walls to higher more durable tiers using the hammer and don't have to take them down.
- The building tiers are: Twig < Wood < Stone < Sheet Metal < Armored.
- All the guns you craft have a few different ammo types that you can switch between by holding down 'R'.
- The research table is back as well as blueprints so you have to farm up rad towns and random spawn field barrels to find the blueprints for guns and code locks for the doors. You don't lose learned blueprints on death.
- You can build a tool cabinet that blocks building in the area for anyone who hasn't touched the cabinet and authorized on it (today's patch adds ladders that ignore build protection so anyone can ladder on to your roof.)
- All kinds of other fun poo poo like candle hats, acoustic guitars, wonky bean can grenades, Rocket Launchers, cannibalize dead players and bear traps.

I am going to post this in the other CSGO thread as well to see if I can get a bunch of you scumbags rolling around causing chaos in the official server.

Hope to see some of you lowlifes in Rust again.

Edit:

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 21, 2015

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Eyke posted:

I'm stuck in the league with them :(

Run a separate windows installation exclusively for ESEA. Do nothing on it that isn't ESEA. Never had ESEA on your main installation.

E: and use a password like eseasucks, because I bet these fucks store passwords in cleartext.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
DRINKFIST!!

A couple weeks ago I couldn't remember who it was that UMP'd nonstop in goomans and it was DRINKFIST!!!!

Glad that's settled. In any case, stop trying to poach goons for a halfbaked survival simulator, we're still coming down from our peak toxicity high.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Geschwafel posted:

DRINKFIST!!

A couple weeks ago I couldn't remember who it was that UMP'd nonstop in goomans and it was DRINKFIST!!!!

Glad that's settled. In any case, stop trying to poach goons for a halfbaked survival simulator, we're still coming down from our peak toxicity high.

Poach goons? You mean you people still play CSGO? Stockholm syndrome man.

All I get from you guys is invites to ranked matches from Xc. No one want's to see me coming up behind them with an UMP in goonmans anymore.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.

Drinkfist posted:

You mean you people still play CSGO?

If by 'play csgo' you mean talk nonstop about mouse settings and hitreg, then yes.

Drinkfist posted:

No one want's to see me coming up behind them with an UMP in goonmans anymore.

The North remembers.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Drinkfist posted:

There is going to be a wipe on a great rust server I am playing on
Hope to see some of you lowlifes in Rust again.

Edit:

edit: to be serious though it looks like it might actually not suck now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

GreyPowerVan posted:

edit: to be serious though it looks like it might actually not suck now

Yeah I am only posting this poo poo in the CSGO threads because it was our jam back when we liked to have fun between goonmans.

Geschwafel posted:

If by 'play csgo' you mean talk nonstop about mouse settings and hitreg, then yes.

UMP and Armor every round. No Save rounds, No single clicks, no Walking. Just Run and hold down fire. Can't go wrong.

• Locked thread