Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blarzgh posted:

Thats Marcus "Semien."

Wow, mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

what do their wallets look like
Germany circa 1923

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I know I've been to this place, and its killing me that I can't think of it.

Edit: Thats Motherfucking Rudys, [Not the one] off I35 in Waco.

blarzgh has a new favorite as of 15:41 on May 20, 2015

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I tried to print that and got a printing error.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

Boinks posted:

I tried to print that and got a printing error.

Printer manufacturers will be the first against the wall.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Affe mk2 posted:

Printer manufacturers will be the first against the wall.

Woah there, let's not get crazy. The ink cartridge manufacturers are going up first :commissar:.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
No, whoever decided it was okay for the print head to move back and forth forever when you lift the printer lid to try and replace the ink should be first.

Has it stopped moving, now? Goddamit!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

No, whoever decided it was okay for the print head to move back and forth forever when you lift the printer lid to try and replace the ink should be first.

Has it stopped moving, now? Goddamit!

Actually it's the people who patented the self-destruct mechanisms for perfectly good cartridges that detect being injected with ink.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
That settles it. Printer and printer related genocide.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

syscall girl posted:

Actually it's the people who patented the self-destruct mechanisms for perfectly good cartridges that detect being injected with ink.

What? Is this actually a thing? I thought I could just walk into Office Max and have them refill ink cartridges.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

syscall girl posted:

Isn't there a printer that sprays too much ink on purpose to help lubricate the printer or some poo poo?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm imagining this error popping up with a sad trombone as the error sound.

fake edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Len posted:

Isn't there a printer that sprays too much ink on purpose to help lubricate the printer or some poo poo?

I have an older HP Color Laserjet and if you don't have all the color cartridges full, you can't print black and white even though the black one is full. Also the printer uses up some of the color every time you print to keep the heads flowing. I ended up just buying a cheap network laser printer for regular docs. Anyone that doesn't do this really needs to.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I have an older HP Color Laserjet and if you don't have all the color cartridges full, you can't print black and white even though the black one is full. Also the printer uses up some of the color every time you print to keep the heads flowing. I ended up just buying a cheap network laser printer for regular docs. Anyone that doesn't do this really needs to.

Except for that 10 minute warmup poo poo the laser printers pull when they havent been used in a while.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

D C posted:

Except for that 10 minute warmup poo poo the laser printers pull when they havent been used in a while.

New laser printers don't do this that bad anymore. There are a lot of nice home use laser printers that are quick to start and you will save so much on ink/toner. Print your color photos at walgreens/walmart/wherever.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

I have an older HP Color Laserjet and if you don't have all the color cartridges full, you can't print black and white even though the black one is full.
Their inkjet printers did this too.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Len posted:

epson does it, it's the dumbest thing in the universe when someone wants to print black and white but the yellow cartridge is "empty" and you can't print anything, especially when the reasoning epson gives is so the heads don't clog, even though they obviously do clog because there's a self-cleaning function that uses a poo poo load of ink

there are stupid things you can buy from china that will reset the chip inside it so it thinks its a brand new cartridge, and as far as i know, the chip inside is based on date of manufacture rather than actual ink levels

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
The judge handling your complaints has invested 10 mil in HP. Your move.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

D C posted:

The printer megathread relentlessly recommends B+W Brother laser printers for all home users. I can't resist a megathread, so I got one and it's amazing. Even if I haven't used it in a month it doesn't seem noticeably slower to print out a few pages than my old inkjet.

Unfortunately it can't print a brick road,

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Goddamn, Germany, is there anything you can't figure out how to do more efficiently?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Wild T posted:

Goddamn, Germany, is there anything you can't figure out how to do more efficiently?

Spelling.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
War

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Wild T posted:

Greece.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Trast posted:

Greece.

:boom:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Unless you print a lot of stuff, just go to the library instead of buying a printer.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
The $70 B&W printer I bought 8+ years ago has been going strong on its original toner cartrige probably the best investment I've ever made in printing technology. Of course I only ever print RPG character sheets with it so...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Sexy chick-kun?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

iostream.h posted:

From several pages back, but every time I see this pic I can't help but think of Robert Englund as Freddy Kreuger.

Gah! I wanted to say that but didn't want to get accused of the goon face recognition disease.

Thank you.

Here, have an illegal alien taking er jerbs.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aren't you a little short to be a xenomorph?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

syscall girl posted:

Aren't you a little short to be a xenomorph?

Bitch, they said I was too short to be a stormtrooper. Switched jobs and now I get the same poo poo?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Rabble posted:

The $70 B&W printer I bought 8+ years ago has been going strong on its original toner cartrige probably the best investment I've ever made in printing technology. Of course I only ever print RPG character sheets with it so...

Well you're parents lost out on their investment, so at least you got some return :angel:

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dem McNuggies :eyepop:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

would eat

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

It's good that you're a thoughtful lover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Wild T posted:

The pattern and houses don't look so German, more like Dutch perhaps?

edit: reverse image search seems to confirm Dutchity

• Locked thread