Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I irrationally hate pvp too, but I've only been ganked once when I wasn't in channel 1, and it was in the mines and the person who did it was an archer who thought I was a mob, apologized, and then used a res scroll.

It's not a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I irrationally hate pvp too, but I've only been ganked once when I wasn't in channel 1, and it was in the mines and the person who did it was an archer who thought I was a mob, apologized, and then used a res scroll.

It's not a big deal.

I've been ganked multiple times because <Futa Funhouse> has the non-title guild title of Burn All Elin. It's been worth it every time.

Edit: I also gank Elin on sight. Doesn't work to well when it's a random 65 and I'm still leveling, but the result is always hilarious.

Bacontotem fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 20, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The key to not being annoyed by unexpected/undesired PVP attack when you're just trying to collect a few bear asses: don't bother to run. Just stop moving, take your hands off the keyboard and watch what happens. A) it's over quicker, b) you care about it less and c) you might learn something about how that person at least plays pvp. I mean if you want to fight go for it whatever. I actually have been killed a few times when in channels other than 1 but people really do just hang out around Lumbertown flipping through channels looking for newbies to kill.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Bacontotem posted:

I've been ganked multiple times because <Futa Funhouse> has the non-title guild title of Burn All Elin. It's been worth it every time.

That is something worth dying for I think yes.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'll try to make another character somewhere else (Aka the Goon Server). Replaying a gunner seems kinda boring but i guess I will since it's apparently completely OP.

I don't promise to not get unreasonably upset at being ganked in guild chat though.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 20, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Really if an unexpected fight starts just take your hands away and watch a few times, it's a good way to get past that feeling.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
All of my favorite Tera moments are from PvP. Never not PvP, be it trolling bads in Corsairsone Priest keeping four Attackers away from the castle and not dying for the entire round despite being attacked by a Mystic, Slayer, Berserker, and Lancer at the same time :psyduck: the big three way GvG battles between NFA, TFT and DGKK of Open Beta, open world killing of BR's, or just you and a friend sitting at a campfire while watching a couple of people fail to kill a single BAM and then mocking them as they ask for a Res The player then watched me and my friend kill the BAM without taking any real damage, Resurrected himself, and came back and begged us to help kill the BAM after we already spent five minutes sitting on his corpse and not helping, and then the poor fellow decided to follow us around without realizing we were out PKing while we were questing :psypop:

Because you don't know hell until you get asked by BR's if "you kills gigant?" and you can't decide to murder their face then and there.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
How are the 4chan pubbies in NFA? I'd prefer a pretty active guild, but I really don't feel like dealing with 4chan's particular brand of humor.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

CoffeeBooze posted:

How are the 4chan pubbies in NFA? I'd prefer a pretty active guild, but I really don't feel like dealing with 4chan's particular brand of humor.

I've been in the guild for an hour and so far it seems like any normal goon guild. YMMV :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Golly gee willickers this game is swell :iamafag:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
NFA is nice and casual and I haven't encountered a single huge creeper yet, maybe because Touch Fluffy Tail exists and there are like three other guilds who seem to exist to hoover up everyone who loves Elin a little too much.

Current events: Has anyone bothered to get the TERA letters yet for the mount? How long did it take you?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pierson posted:

Current events: Has anyone bothered to get the TERA letters yet for the mount? How long did it take you?

It's ultimately luck based, but I haven't found it that bad. I really haven't played much at all, though mostly BAM grinding for the 56-60 stretch, and got enough for 3 dragons and am a couple Es short of a few more. Feels like it'd average to maybe 2-3 hours for one dragon, though of course that could vary wildly.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I hit 65 as a lancer and I'm not sure what to do. I get murdered in world pvp probably because I'm in 187 gear with no belt or brooch or pvp stats, so I've taken to spamming Corsair's, though the queue is 30 mins every time. I read up on, then tried doing Bathysmal Rise on normal, but the party just complained I'm in base 65 gear and we disbanded before last boss, though the issue seemed to be the dps not dodging poo poo and not me losing aggro.

Am I doing the right stuff and the community is poo poo, or should I be doing something prior to this?

Also framerate. I've tried every s1 config file edit that I could find on google. I've got a i5 6970 so I was kind of hoping I could net more than 30 frames in combat and town. Am I missing something with this either, or is the UI really based on macromedia shockwave?

lewtt fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 20, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

In the past couple of days playing my mystic, yeah apparently almost everyone is really terrible at this game, me included Basically if you have a tank or support/healer in the team:
- Stop dodging/blocking
- Herd as many monsters together as you can
- Ignore any healing pickups on the ground
- Avoid using any of your crowd control/debuff abilities (seriously I never ever see all the newbie gunners using time bomb/electric stun thingy)
- Run directly away from anyone dumb enough to try to buff you or heal you directly
- When you wipe on the first group of trash, disband

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

lewtt posted:

Am I doing the right stuff and the community is poo poo, or should I be doing something prior to this?

Also framerate. I've tried every s1 config file edit that I could find on google. I've got a i5 6970 so I was kind of hoping I could net more than 30 frames in combat and town. Am I missing something with this either, or is the UI really based on macromedia shockwave?

Just keep trying I suppose, I am in the same situation on my priest as you, just hit 65 and the only instance I can get upgrades from has 30min queues or +12 requirements in LFG. At least your queue is instant :negative:

As for the framerate, the game is extremely badly optimized even though UE3 is one of the best engines ever made. No matter your rig you won't get stable 60 fps ever unless you are soloing.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

There are way more people than I expected in the starting area, wow. Though it's mostly just constant gun shots :v:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Oh and I just learned that the only 5 man dungeon available to me as a fresh 65 can only be entered once a day. Yeah.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Nobody is finishing this Kugai quest because nobody can take it turns. Just an instant barrage any time he spawns in. One guy start freaking out about it.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
The secret is to click the channel button and move somewhere other than 1. I pretty much had a starter area to myself.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

chumbler posted:

It's ultimately luck based, but I haven't found it that bad. I really haven't played much at all, though mostly BAM grinding for the 56-60 stretch, and got enough for 3 dragons and am a couple Es short of a few more. Feels like it'd average to maybe 2-3 hours for one dragon, though of course that could vary wildly.
If you have a spare dragon I'd take it off your hands for gold/some of the old vanity items I have. Grinding over-farmed mobs isn't really my thing.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It's really refreshing to find an online RPG that does not make you crawl 5 miles over broken glass on your nutsack in order to change the configuration of your powers. Am I missing anything or is there just no cost or cooldown for changing your glyphs? It's also really nice to find a massively multiplayer game that is actually MASSIVE, wow there is so much open space and all the world map regions have such tremendous scope and scale. I spent some time leveling my mystic just from queueing for dungeons (never any wait for healer/support which was nice) and I had all these stacks of sidequest bullshit to turn in and it took a lot of exploration to figure out where the actual mission givers are. For all that Neverwinter apes Tera's gameplay, Neverwinter's maps are 100% linear self-contained zones that are not connected at all, just points on a map interface.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

In case it wasn't already posted..

Redeem Code: "Angry Chicken" for the following in game items:
5x arcane and charming campfires, 3 day steampunk costume, 3 day cinder mount, and a 1 hour 100% quest gold reward booster.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pierson posted:

If you have a spare dragon I'd take it off your hands for gold/some of the old vanity items I have. Grinding over-farmed mobs isn't really my thing.

No completed dragons left unfortunately, since I gobbled them up on alts.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
DGKK is full again, please boot inactives so I can accept more characters.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFesCqZHVSE

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I love that this game doesn't take itself seriously at all, and it still surprises me that what is by all appearances just a titty elf MMO is probably the best one on the market in basically every respect.

Well, I shouldn't say that it doesn't take itself seriously, since they did at least try to write a storyline and make a relatively coherent atmosphere, but it has no qualms about just throwing in tiny cars for no reason, while still avoiding dumb LOOK AT HOW WACKY WE ARE poo poo like Wildstar.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 21, 2015

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

chumbler posted:

probably the best one on the market in basically every respect.

Their website is hot garbage.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is there an updated quick little explanation on how all the classes play? Or is is just Gunner more fun > everything else.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

BexGu posted:

Is there an updated quick little explanation on how all the classes play? Or is is just Gunner more fun > everything else.

So far from what I can tell, I like warrior much more than gunner. That's not to say gunner isn't fun. The sheer absurdity of rounding up 10-15 mobs and giggling while they go down like drunk prom dates is fun, but I like the stick and move playstyle of the warrior more.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Well how much fun it is is always gonna be decided by what kind of playstyle you like. Even though I'm having a blast with gunner, my lancer is still my main. What gunner does have right now is novelty, fantastic abilities that are fun to use and combo, and what seems like* a huge power boost over other DPS classes.

*I did ask earlier but it got lost in the thread: IS gunner really as powerful as it seems, or is it just confirmation bias? Has anyone run the numbers on it?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

My Gunner is currently 33~ and I am having a blast playing it. I just solo'd Sinestral Manor at like 29~ so that's cool. Haven't played TERA in 3 years so this is a welcome come back in my opinion. How does Reaper feel? I was thinking about trying it once I got Gunner leveled up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pierson posted:

Well how much fun it is is always gonna be decided by what kind of playstyle you like. Even though I'm having a blast with gunner, my lancer is still my main. What gunner does have right now is novelty, fantastic abilities that are fun to use and combo, and what seems like* a huge power boost over other DPS classes.

*I did ask earlier but it got lost in the thread: IS gunner really as powerful as it seems, or is it just confirmation bias? Has anyone run the numbers on it?

At lower levels they absolutely are, I think, but it does seem to taper off a bit at higher levels.

Also I was farting around doing some BAM grinding since they added a couple more costumes and all the gun skins to the fashion coupons, and I got the stuff for another dragon mount. Post your character name and I'll send you one after I get home from work.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Edit: reading comprehension is important.

Saxophone fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 21, 2015

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
From what I keep hearing, Gunners do almost as much DPS as a Berzerker(lots and lots), but are going to have some of their more powerful skills(Arcane Barrage, Balders Vengeance) nerfed a decent amount and have Scatter Shot buffed.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

chumbler posted:

At lower levels they absolutely are, I think, but it does seem to taper off a bit at higher levels.

Also I was farting around doing some BAM grinding since they added a couple more costumes and all the gun skins to the fashion coupons, and I got the stuff for another dragon mount. Post your character name and I'll send you one after I get home from work.
I'm Pierson in-game as well, thanks a ton man. I'll see if I have anything to throw back atcha.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pierson posted:

I'm Pierson in-game as well, thanks a ton man. I'll see if I have anything to throw back atcha.

Nah don't worry about it. I'm farming anyway for pretty princess coupons, and I don't really expect that it's worth trying to sell them on the TP since everyone is farming them.

If other people want dragons I'll hang onto any I get, but of course random drops and all that, so no promises.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

So, what's the current engame like?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Obscurity posted:

My Gunner is currently 33~ and I am having a blast playing it. I just solo'd Sinestral Manor at like 29~ so that's cool. Haven't played TERA in 3 years so this is a welcome come back in my opinion. How does Reaper feel? I was thinking about trying it once I got Gunner leveled up.

I also have a gunner and warrior in their low 30s and while the gunner is just hilariously easy, the warrior sure is a lot of fun to play :allears:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

So, what's the current engame like?
'Not that much yet' seems to be the current thing, with an emphasis on 'yet' because people can watch kTERA servers to see what we're getting. Current character advancement seems to be here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/36dq0d/official_weekly_anything_goes_thread/crd6cvo

It seems like there are five dungeons for advancing gear, some solo stuff you can do daily but requires some prep, and another vault/dungeon/thing you can only do if you're part of an alliance. Then once you have that gear it looks like it switches into a weird ARPG mode where you reroll gear until it has optimal stats, then you improve and masterwork it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Hmmmm... well. I'll still try leveling the gunner. Not sure if I'll stick around after that though.

• Locked thread