Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
We all eat so much bread and if you are doing a low-carb diet or whatever a protein style burger lets you get delicious burger experiences without the guilt, so I support them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Anyone else secretly love Johnny Rockets?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Anyone else secretly love Johnny Rockets?

I feel like it gets a lot of hate but I've been there twice and it seemed at worst, average

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

This thread is good.

I miss this thing from Johnnie's Charcoal Broiler in OKC. Could only find a stock image, but this thread made me hunt for one.
Halfway to the holidays for my burger visit. Family is involved too or whatever.

Not the best burger, but the cheese they have is something magical.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

I feel like it gets a lot of hate but I've been there twice and it seemed at worst, average

Its expensive as all hell for a mediocre burg.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Errant Gin Monks posted:

This looks delicious, but where is the bun ?

I need a bun to burg.

cant buy bread where i live!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Chinatown posted:

We all eat so much bread and if you are doing a low-carb diet or whatever a protein style burger lets you get delicious burger experiences without the guilt, so I support them.

:agreed:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Fetus Tree posted:

whenever i read gherkin i automatically think merkin

lol @ your probation

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
Burged again

a midweek quicky this time, with a little mayo, jalapeno salsa, jalapeno burger, cheddar, onions, pickles, ketchup and a bit of mustard

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

paraquat posted:

Burged again

a midweek quicky this time, with a little mayo, jalapeno salsa, jalapeno burger, cheddar, onions, pickles, ketchup and a bit of mustard

whoa

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

paraquat posted:

Burged again

Even though you can't see much of it you can tell the patty itself tastes fuckin great and has good texture

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Gimme them big crunchy chunks of onion bb

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

paraquat posted:

Burged again

yup

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Oh so burgers with toast instead of fancy buns are OK? Cause that's how I most often prefer my burgers (easy, tasty, less bread to content ratio) but I didn't like to take photos of my depraved ways.

Right on burger bro I've got your back. Toast burgs may make for lovely pictures but they more than make up for it with flavor, ease, and hand holdingness.

The toast burger I posted a few months back got called the saddest burger but I can assure you it was delicious as gently caress. Nothing wrong with a fancy bun but toast is beyond easy and so cheap is basically free.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Tyson Tomko posted:

Right on burger bro I've got your back. Toast burgs may make for lovely pictures but they more than make up for it with flavor, ease, and hand holdingness.

The toast burger I posted a few months back got called the saddest burger but I can assure you it was delicious as gently caress. Nothing wrong with a fancy bun but toast is beyond easy and so cheap is basically free.

i recall asking you to post that burg in GWS when you posted it here, back when we were in the cool forum

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
that, that is the saddest burg. needs some plain potato chips on the foam plate and some day time tv in the background

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Sizone posted:

that, that is the saddest burg. needs some plain potato chips on the foam plate and some day time tv in the background

Damnit it was on bread not toast my bad. And yeah it was in a cubicle at work so not exactly cool city usa.

Also speaking of food I am in Alabama for work and totally just got some bbq and boiled peanuts from some random dude on the road. The south owns so much.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 22, 2015

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Tyson Tomko posted:

Damnit it was on bread not toast my bad. And yeah it was in a cubicle at work so not exactly cool city usa.

Also speaking of food I am in Alabama for work and totally just got some bbq and boiled peanuts from some random dude on the road. The south owns so much.

How on earth do you boil a peanut?!?!

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

klen dool posted:

How on earth do you boil a peanut?!?!

Well, first you need some water and a pot...

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Tyson Tomko posted:

it's not the concept that's bad, its the execution

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
nothing wrong with a toast burg imo, though i would personally do a little bit more to it than just put a tomato like that one toast burg.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

it's the serrated edge on the "cheese" that really does it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I had a steakhouse burger from McDonalds today. Don't eat that.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Norns posted:

I had a steakhouse burger from McDonalds today. Don't eat that.

BigMac or bust

Unless its dollar menu thats ok too

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

BigMac or bust

Truth.

Every time I've strayed from this, I've regretted it.

The bulgogi burg in Korea was pretty legit. But that was pork, so not technically a burg.

Anyway, gently caress that steakhouse burger.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Norns posted:

Truth.

Every time I've strayed from this, I've regretted it.

The bulgogi burg in Korea was pretty legit. But that was pork, so not technically a burg.

Anyway, gently caress that steakhouse burger.

Yeah, pretty much any of the McDonald's "special" burgers have been limited time only for a reason. They just throw buzzwords in there and charge people $6 for a burger until everyone realizes it's garbage and then they wait until people forget and do it again with a new buzzword.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

rockcity posted:

Yeah, pretty much any of the McDonald's "special" burgers have been limited time only for a reason. They just throw buzzwords in there and charge people $6 for a burger until everyone realizes it's garbage and then they wait until people forget and do it again with a new buzzword.

Yeah thats literally what they do. Any time you see a McD burger thats marketed as 1/3 lb its gonna be god awful

trust me. ive experimented heavily.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Norns posted:

This may need discussion, but I think it counts. We were talking about lamb burgs before and nobody said anything about it not counting. What's wrong with a piggy burg? Nothing, I say.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

bartolimu posted:

This may need discussion, but I think it counts. We were talking about lamb burgs before and nobody said anything about it not counting. What's wrong with a piggy burg? Nothing, I say.

its already been established.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

bartolimu posted:

Was it ground meat? It's a burger.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Ron Jeremy posted:

Was it ground meat? It's a burger.

Congrats, chicken sandwiches are now burgers, now all is lost

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ground red meat?
I can't accept chicken as a burg. I just can't do it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Norns posted:

Ground red meat?
I can't accept chicken as a burg. I just can't do it.

But dont places like msdonalds call it a chicken burger? that's what I would order if I wanted one which i obviously wouldnt because im not retarded

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
ill take an escargot burg hold the pickles pls

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Fetus Tree posted:

BigMac or bust

I basically only eat QPs if we goto McD. It's what McD is to me, more so than the bigmac.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I think as far as pure burgin goes BK probably has the best value menu

that $2 bacon double burg is a drat fine burg for $2

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

But dont places like msdonalds call it a chicken burger? that's what I would order if I wanted one which i obviously wouldnt because im not retarded

They call them McChickens and chicken sandwiches because they aren't brain broke.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
McCluckwich

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
who cares you autists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Fetus Tree posted:

ill take an escargot burg hold the pickles pls

If you formed some snails into a patty and served it in a bun with some condiments and burger stuff I would call it a snail burger and so would everyone else

• Locked thread