Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son
I got the email saying Australia/NZ, but probably Europe too.

It also says the MK8 OST is going up, that'd be awesome but it's probably too much to expect Big Blue to be in it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You people and your small minds.

Captain Toad Light AMIIBO

$$$

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I thought they said the digital games would be it for CN rewards. :(

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sade posted:

I thought they said the digital games would be it for CN rewards. :(

The Mario Kart trophies were on the European store before, so this is probably old stock. I have 2900 stars and if the Mario Kart 8 soundtrack is 3000 like the 3D World soundtrack I'm gonna be pissed.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
I swear, if Nintendo would just put all of this poo poo on sale, I would buy it all. This tedious points system gets right on my nerves. Just let us buy your products, you lovely bastards! Let me exchange my money for your products, not exchange my money for your products, then sign up for points, then use the points for free stuff. Charge me $30 for the mario baddies bag, I'm an idiot, I'd pay that much!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gonna take the plunge for the mario kart 8 soundtrack, still sad donkey kong country tropical freeze won't get a loving soundtrack.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

It's gonna be so cute when you finally run out of AAA Nintendo games and you're stuck with the rest of us~ :sparkles:

I've got a twenty year backlog and im mediocre at video games. hopefully Nintendo wins this one

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I still want that Boo stress ball the EU got with LM2.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Mourning Due posted:

I swear, if Nintendo would just put all of this poo poo on sale, I would buy it all. This tedious points system gets right on my nerves. Just let us buy your products, you lovely bastards! Let me exchange my money for your products, not exchange my money for your products, then sign up for points, then use the points for free stuff. Charge me $30 for the mario baddies bag, I'm an idiot, I'd pay that much!

Yeah Pokemon is like the only Nintendo IP that knows that people will buy video game merchandise. Hell, the even reopened the Pokemon Center website outside Japan. I already brought 4 plushies from them already.

One day, something like the Nintendo Power Catalog should happen.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
From Nintendo UK's twitter:

quote:

Art Academy: Atelier comes to #WiiU on 26/06. Artists can even upload time-lapse videos of their work to YouTube!

I was sure that thing was vapourware.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

(laughs)

Reading this I wonder if Splatoon can push Nintendo to keep toying with new IPs. I really wish it can be so, since they are at their best when they try new things, they just do it so rarely.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

From Nintendo UK's twitter:

I was sure that thing was vapourware.

So I can do paintings of Anime Alchemist girls now?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

So I can do paintings of Anime Alchemist girls now?

Mostly barrels.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE PR:

quote:

21st May 2015 - From 26th June, with Art Academy: Atelier the Wii U GamePad transforms into an artist's canvas full of possibilities. The latest instalment in the popular educational software series offers 30 comprehensive lessons under the tutelage of a friendly master named Vince who takes you by the hand and offers information on concepts, theory and techniques. Artworks can be created from a wide variety of materials and tools, including charcoal for the first time in the series. The user can import and export images using an SD card, share their works via Miiverse, display them in a virtual in-game gallery and, in another first for the Art Academy series, upload time-lapse videos of their works being created to YouTube.

The Art Academy titles teach people drawing and painting skills on a touch screen that transfer to the real world - just follow the easy steps and create stunning masterpieces you might never have believed possible. Following the release of Wii U Download Software Art Academy: SketchPad - which offered budding artists a taster of the full experience - this new instalment offers a fully comprehensive drawing and painting package, with the stylus once again acting as your art material or tool and the Wii U GamePad touch screen as your canvas. By utilising the touch screen's large surface as well as the ability to zoom in on specific areas of the touch screen, you can create highly detailed works. Gain inspiration from some of the artworks already created and shared by some Wii U users in the Art Academy: SketchPad Community on Miiverse.

Art Academy: Atelier offers a fun and interactive course of study called Lessons Mode where you follow step-by-step tutorials to learn drawing and painting techniques. The techniques handed down from your master Vince are categorised into groups called Beginner, Advanced and - a new category for Art Academy: Atelier - Tools, with the Lessons in each category increasing in complexity as you progress. By completing Lessons, you will become familiar with the reasoning behind the techniques and learn more about the masters of the craft. Of course the software can also be used to draw or paint freely thanks to the wide variety of available materials and tools.

Whether you have created fun doodles, work-in-progress artworks or finished masterpieces, you can show off your creative process by uploading a time-lapse video of the creation of your artworks to YouTube. Whether you set it to one, two or five minutes in length, the time-lapse video shows the process of creation from the first brush stroke to the last. You can also save your creations to an SD card to view on a computer, as well as view your work in a virtual Gallery. The Gallery also includes the Family Wall, where all household members linked to the same Wii U console can contribute their artistic touch to the same canvas.

You can share your creations via Miiverse, Nintendo's network service that brings together like-minded communities from all over the world. Artwork created by others is sorted using predefined tags for easy searches and can be viewed without leaving the software. It can also be saved to the software or to an SD card for future use as a reference for your own work. What's more it's just a single button press away to access the Art Academy: Atelier Community online.

Art Academy: Atelier launches exclusively for Wii U on 26th June, offering a fun yet thorough course of study, a wide variety of materials from which to create, as well as multiple options for budding artists to share their works. Wii U owners who already purchased Art Academy: SketchPad from Nintendo eShop can upgrade to Art Academy: Atelier for a reduced price if they purchase it from Nintendo eShop.*

*Offer price: €26.00 (£21.40), regular price: €29.99 (£24.99). Art Academy: SketchPad must have been downloaded from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U before the purchase of Art Academy: Atelier.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 21, 2015

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Minidust posted:

Be advised that Animal Crossing is less of a "game" than other Nintendo properties. It's kind of a precursor to the casual maintenance simulators that are now so prevalent on Facebook and mobile phones, but without all the typical free-to-play baggage.

For a lot of people it becomes very fulfilling, while for many longtime Nintendo diehards it just doesn't click. It's different.

is there an animal crossing virtual console game? i dont have a 3DS and have only just saved the money for my wiiu. dont think i can justify getting the 3ds too

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

VideoGames posted:

is there an animal crossing virtual console game? i dont have a 3DS and have only just saved the money for my wiiu. dont think i can justify getting the 3ds too

Nope. Not any that I know of, at least. But you should try to get the 3DS when you can, it's a great console.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
He could go for City Folk. :v:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

kurona_bright posted:

He could go for City Folk. :v:

Oh right, I forgot about that one. City Folk can work, it's for the Wii and shouldn't be too difficult to find. But the online doesn't work anymore, if you care.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mourning Due posted:

I'm hoping they're smart enough to not put them up for their old full prices and release them at like 1000-2000 Stars apiece, because I wouldn't be surprised if only a handful of people (myself included) have been hoarding them like misers and have enough Stars to actually get something from that lot otherwise. Especially as people can no longer top up their Stars with new purchases.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Theta Zero posted:

Oh right, I forgot about that one. City Folk can work, it's for the Wii and shouldn't be too difficult to find. But the online doesn't work anymore, if you care.

It's also the worst one

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

noirstronaut posted:

If you are paying five times the price for an externally powered drive and not just $15 - $30, you are doing something incredibly wrong.

Generally speaking, the wd mypassports are one of the best portable hard drives around. They regularly go on sale too.

I've got about 3 of them, each 2tb bought for just £70 or so.

They might not be the ideal solution for the wiiu (or the y cable might be fine, I don't know) but for everything else from tvs to laptops and computers, they're the bees knees.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

It's also the worst one

maybe playing the worst one will show me the potential glory that i then get to play the best ones?

i dunno i am a total nintendo newbie with zero experience of most things so starting from the bottom and working my way up could be the best

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm hoping they're smart enough to not put them up for their old full prices and release them at like 1000-2000 Stars apiece, because I wouldn't be surprised if only a handful of people (myself included) have been hoarding them like misers and have enough Stars to actually get something from that lot otherwise. Especially as people can no longer top up their Stars with new purchases.

It's about time that I start using my stars, but I'll just buy some virtual console games. I'm still trying to figure out which selection works best to maximize.

I started Hyrule Warriors recently because I wanted something that offers direct action. So far it's looking fairly nice. It's also my first Dynasty game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

VideoGames posted:

maybe playing the worst one will show me the potential glory that i then get to play the best ones?

i dunno i am a total nintendo newbie with zero experience of most things so starting from the bottom and working my way up could be the best

I dunno if that'd work for Animal Crossing. The game never really ends; it has no finishing line or endgoal unless it's solely collecting, which would, without time traveling, take over a year for everything.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth TNT posted:

It's about time that I start using my stars, but I'll just buy some virtual console games. I'm still trying to figure out which selection works best to maximize.

I started Hyrule Warriors recently because I wanted something that offers direct action. So far it's looking fairly nice. It's also my first Dynasty game.

I probably would've spent some of mine on VC games too to be honest, but none of them are ones I want or I already own the original version.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm going to a smash bros tournament.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm going to a smash bros tournament.

I'm sorry.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

I dunno if that'd work for Animal Crossing. The game never really ends; it has no finishing line or endgoal unless it's solely collecting, which would, without time traveling, take over a year for everything.

to be fair all i thought animal crossing was is a game where you break something and work in a village. at least thats what i believe ive heard. it looks cute and running a shop or something looks like it could be fun.

i think im just eager to play all these franchises ive missed out on.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I am at this rate starting to suspect that VideoGames is some sort of next-level gimmick poster, looking how far he can go in loving everything before it drives people insane (in before the page where he adores Other M) ;)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

VideoGames posted:

to be fair all i thought animal crossing was is a game where you break something and work in a village. at least thats what i believe ive heard. it looks cute and running a shop or something looks like it could be fun.

i think im just eager to play all these franchises ive missed out on.

City Folk is bad because it's basically just a port of Wild World from the regular DS, with very little more added in. It's very bare bones, and you pretty much won't be able to do well in it without the online component. The best way to make money, turnips, is pretty much impossible without online.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I am at this rate starting to suspect that VideoGames is some sort of next-level gimmick poster, looking how far he can go in loving everything before it drives people insane (in before the page where he adores Other M) ;)

We need more people like him in this world.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Actually, it turns out, Nintendo games are good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

VideoGames posted:

With Animal Crossing there is literally no reason to go back to older games. There's no ongoing plot or developments from game to game. Maybe check out the GameCube game for 30 minutes just to see where it started and then move straight to New Leaf.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

gently caress you.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

my NES had 40 games and when I got a genesis to match my friends it was 1992 and that was my last outing with Nintendo. pretend ive been in a nintendo coma all this time. i am really hoping people arent getting mad, rather i hope they are happy that i am getting to exerpience this stuff. i am itching to get home and continue Galaxy because the bee world was so ace.

jivjov posted:

With Animal Crossing there is literally no reason to go back to older games. There's no ongoing plot or developments from game to game. Maybe check out the GameCube game for 30 minutes just to see where it started and then move straight to New Leaf.

thank you! i will add this to my shopping list for the new year. i reckon christmas time i could probably afford a 3DS and a few games.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

VideoGames posted:

thank you! i will add this to my shopping list for the new year. i reckon christmas time i could probably afford a 3DS and a few games.

I would not be surprised if a Wii U Animal Crossing gets announced at E3 this year.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jivjov posted:

With Animal Crossing there is literally no reason to go back to older games. There's no ongoing plot or developments from game to game.

excuse me. are you downplaying the character arcs of tortimer rover kk slider kap'n and all my friends

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I still have my NES plugged in.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

same but i only really play castlevania startropics and punchout more than once every couple yeara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
really the only Nintendo console I don't own is Virtual Boy and that Pokemon handheld that was an official Nintendo System because it had 6 different game carts.

I have around 100 SNES carts at my desk.

• Locked thread