Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Hi all I'm going to come in like a battering ram to say that playing nightblade healer still owns bones
Chiefly because you can freely switch between healing and dps and most of the time you're still healing while youre doing damage

I'm level 36, got healers habit, ritual stone, all of that poo poo.

Fire staff bar: funnel health, flame reach, unstable wall of flames, impale, overflowing altar, bolstering darkness
Heal staff bar: illustrious healing, mass hysteria, blessing of restoration, ward ally, path of darkness, soul siphon

Might swap those last two on the heal bar out, switch the ward for bone shield and maybe find something better than path of darkness. Also when I'm soloing I bump bolstering darkness to the second bar and put soul harvest on my killin' bar

The main thing that's cool is funnel health which is spammable dps that oozes healing to everyone around you, then you can kill stuff with impale and it gives you magicka back. Flame reach smacks things away and mass hysteria scares things away, which I am currently preferring to putting a bunch of points into health as I've seen other nightblade healers do. I'm a good enough dps to be able to solo world bosses, anchors etc so can just join in with the loving poo poo up if no one needs healing and it's not too much of a risk due to the aforementioned HoT and getting magicka for kills

Oh yeah another reason I don't need to be very tanky is because im argonian so I've got that healing received bonus. Also I can stack potion effectiveness bonuses (argonian/siphoning/alchemy). This is definitely my new fave build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

What is the tactical difference between reduce cost and increase maximum enchantments?

Well for one, increase stat enchants go on armor only, and reduce cost enchants go on jewelry. Maybe you meant increase stat regen enchants, which also go on jewelry.

If you're a DPS, reduce cost enchants seem to be better, and tanks seem to benefit way more from increase stat regen enchants.

I just use stat regen enchants though. Easier that way.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

If you're a DPS, reduce cost enchants seem to be better, and tanks seem to benefit way more from increase stat regen enchants.

So Why?

Also, how much health should I have as a dps?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 19, 2015

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
If you're a long range glass cannon you can get away with not much, but if youve got more of a melee focus you might find you want to put points in health and/or equip some heavy armour

That or the old put all your attribute points into health approach, and get stamina/magicka from enchantments and passives, but that's more of an endgame thing to do when you've got really good gear

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

So I tried to transform into a werewolf and had a slight issue halfway through the transformation and I got stuck like this till I took off my outfit.

Vampires look like they could use some sun.

Let the light show begin! Its just smoke and mirrors.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

So Why?

The higher your maximum Stamina/Magicka, the more damage your Stamina/Magicka skills do. And yes, that's taking into account Increase Max Stamina/Magicka armor enchantments and food (and one of the reasons drinks are still not as viable).

Nementhep
Sep 1, 2007

Any chance of getting an invite to Daggergoons? @serannian

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

looking for an invite to ebonheart goons @jimlit

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Baron Porkface posted:

So Why?

Also the increased regen, say as a tank, lets you block much more with more stamina pouring in every 2 seconds.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

vug posted:

Hi all I'm going to come in like a battering ram to say that playing nightblade healer still owns bones
Chiefly because you can freely switch between healing and dps and most of the time you're still healing while youre doing damage

I'm level 36, got healers habit, ritual stone, all of that poo poo.

Fire staff bar: funnel health, flame reach, unstable wall of flames, impale, overflowing altar, bolstering darkness
Heal staff bar: illustrious healing, mass hysteria, blessing of restoration, ward ally, path of darkness, soul siphon

Might swap those last two on the heal bar out, switch the ward for bone shield and maybe find something better than path of darkness. Also when I'm soloing I bump bolstering darkness to the second bar and put soul harvest on my killin' bar

The main thing that's cool is funnel health which is spammable dps that oozes healing to everyone around you, then you can kill stuff with impale and it gives you magicka back. Flame reach smacks things away and mass hysteria scares things away, which I am currently preferring to putting a bunch of points into health as I've seen other nightblade healers do. I'm a good enough dps to be able to solo world bosses, anchors etc so can just join in with the loving poo poo up if no one needs healing and it's not too much of a risk due to the aforementioned HoT and getting magicka for kills

Oh yeah another reason I don't need to be very tanky is because im argonian so I've got that healing received bonus. Also I can stack potion effectiveness bonuses (argonian/siphoning/alchemy). This is definitely my new fave build

I've been wanting to do a NB healer/mage and you've got me so tempted. Stop. Please.

I hardly have enough time to play my dope as gently caress Sorc. I can't handle any more altitis!

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
How viable is it to grind levels through pvp? I still will do PVE stuff, I just have been enjoying AvA since I hit lvl 10

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I finally found a cliff racer.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Foehammer007 posted:

How viable is it to grind levels through pvp? I still will do PVE stuff, I just have been enjoying AvA since I hit lvl 10

It's very slow to be honest. If you want to level then go with quests. If you want to enjoy PvP then go ahead. It gets more bearable when you're level 15 and can swap weapons, otherwise (if you're in Blackwater Blade at least) siege weapons are a fair way to contribute.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

So Why?

Reduce Cost = You can spam more abilities with your stat pool
Increase Regen = You recover more of your stat every 2 seconds

If you're a DPS, I'd suggest going with Increase Weapon/Spell Damage, since that helps a lot more.

Also, at endgame the health goal for DPS is around 20k with foods and enchants. You'll want as much of your main damage attribute as possible for spamming abilities and increased damage.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Allatum posted:

It's very slow to be honest. If you want to level then go with quests. If you want to enjoy PvP then go ahead. It gets more bearable when you're level 15 and can swap weapons, otherwise (if you're in Blackwater Blade at least) siege weapons are a fair way to contribute.
Questing is slow as gently caress. AOE grinding is the fastest way to level.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

eSporks posted:

Questing is slow as gently caress. AOE grinding is the fastest way to level.

Is there a good level / area to be doing this? Or can it be done pretty much whenever?

Would be nice to break up the questing and do some levelling DAOC-style but mobs seen to give so little exp.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Foehammer007 posted:

Doing absolutely just PVP, not very, but the quest/delves give a lot of exp in Cyrodiil so you can do those with the chance of running into other players to kill. Cyrodiil delves are currently the best place for grinding atm I believe.

There's about six quest hubs in Cyrodiil and then a lot of sprinkled about POIs with world bosses at them (usually part of some quest I can never find).

I've got some alts that I've been leveling up just in Cyrodiil and its going about as fast or a bit faster than if I was doing it just in the normal quests.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Heskie posted:

Is there a good level / area to be doing this? Or can it be done pretty much whenever?

Would be nice to break up the questing and do some levelling DAOC-style but mobs seen to give so little exp.
Google for spots. You want lots of mobs with a fast respawn. Mobs absolutely do not give little exp, one mob pack is more exp than one quest.
The only quests that give good exp are the main ones.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The best way to know if you're going to get a shitton of exp for a quest is to see if you get two quests starting up when you hit a location. If you see [Location Name] followed by [Do Something To Solve A Problem] then those are the quests you need to be doing, since those not only give you good quest exp, they also give you Area Cleared Exp.

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

eSporks posted:

Google for spots. You want lots of mobs with a fast respawn. Mobs absolutely do not give little exp, one mob pack is more exp than one quest.
The only quests that give good exp are the main ones.

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Having just googled some info, seeing the farm spots per level on the map does give me daoc vibes.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
It's a lot faster, that AOE leveling. I googled some info and tried it, been grinding for a few hours and got eights levels.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

People have gotten to VR in 8 hours AOE grinding. Of course you kinda have to go back and grab skyshards and the main quest-line for skill points though. What I did was just blitz through the main quest for each zone, then grind until I was ready for the next one, and then go grab skyshards before moving on. If I had to estimate, it took me around 30 hours to hit VR and have all the skillpoints available to me.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gathering as many skill points as you can only seems to be a "main character" kind of thing. On my alts I'm not too worried about getting that many skill points because I know exactly what I want to do with them (NB = pure DPS, DK = pure Tank, etc).

Also, Crown Store sale starting tomorrow. Great time to pick up any missing motifs or the blacksmith/chef costumes at lower rates (chef costume best costume)

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Can someone explain to me why people seem to have end game sets that are not full set same weight? I understand the concept of leveling with a piece of each, but why are these people listing 1/1/5 or 1/6 combos on end game sets?

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

DanoTuka posted:

Can someone explain to me why people seem to have end game sets that are not full set same weight? I understand the concept of leveling with a piece of each, but why are these people listing 1/1/5 or 1/6 combos on end game sets?

For splits, I've only seen like...5/2 because set bonuses.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

5/2 or 5/1/1 are meant to be used to take advantage of the Undaunted Mettle passive bonus, which grants +2% max health/stamina/magicka for each type of piece of armor you have. So if you have 5 Light 2 Heavy for instance, you get +4% to your max health/stamina/magicka. If you have 5/1/1, you get +6%

It's a tradeoff.

DanoTuka
Apr 8, 2015

Scyantific posted:

5/2 or 5/1/1 are meant to be used to take advantage of the Undaunted Mettle passive bonus, which grants +2% max health/stamina/magicka for each type of piece of armor you have. So if you have 5 Light 2 Heavy for instance, you get +4% to your max health/stamina/magicka. If you have 5/1/1, you get +6%

It's a tradeoff.

Bam! Thank you.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Its also just to get a better armor rating. Running 5/2 light/heavy lets you get a little bit more armor compared to 7 light with the tradeoff of getting slightly less of a benefit from your light armor passives. You do want at least 5 of a single type though, each armor type has one passive that only has effect if you are wearing 5 or more.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just hit 15k dps on a boss right now, without the Skoria set. Undaunted sets ain't got poo poo on my DPS :smug:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

Its also just to get a better armor rating. Running 5/2 light/heavy lets you get a little bit more armor compared to 7 light with the tradeoff of getting slightly less of a benefit from your light armor passives. You do want at least 5 of a single type though, each armor type has one passive that only has effect if you are wearing 5 or more.

Yeah, light armor provides, if I remember right, 1/4 the armor protection of heavy armor with medium armor about 3/4 that of heavy armor. That bit of extra padding can be really helpful for casters. 5/1/1 seems to be the standard end game set up as most people take the undaunted passive.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Or just roll Sorcerer and use the triple skill bar advantage to triple stack shields with the Bastion passive, and enjoy infinite shields. :haw:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Well for one, increase stat enchants go on armor only, and reduce cost enchants go on jewelry. Maybe you meant increase stat regen enchants, which also go on jewelry.

I just use stat regen enchants though. Easier that way.

There's also food vs drink to consider.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does anyone know if I will be able to transfer my character to the Xbone when the game comes out for consoles?

I only bought it for PC a few weeks ago.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
Hit VR1 last night; at 9% to VR2 with the last 1/3 of Coldharbour to go.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

RCarr posted:

Does anyone know if I will be able to transfer my character to the Xbone when the game comes out for consoles?

I only bought it for PC a few weeks ago.

No, they limited the transfer window for some stupid reason.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
Imagine wanting to play an MMO on a console.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

There's also food vs drink to consider.

Food vs Drink is a pretty cut and clear decision to make though. You should always go for Food unless you're a tank. Bigger stat pool = bigger damage or heals. If you're a tank then you want drinks because you should be making sure that you're replenishing your health/stamina as quickly as you can.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
Sale has begun. Remember that the items on sale will be removed, for the time being, at the end of the sale.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Baron Porkface posted:

No, they limited the transfer window for some stupid reason.

The transfer window has been pushed up to June 1st now, so if anyone is playing on PC and want to copy their account to console make sure to do that sometime in the next week. Console release is out on the 6th if I remember right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

The transfer window has been pushed up to June 1st now, so if anyone is playing on PC and want to copy their account to console make sure to do that sometime in the next week. Console release is out on the 6th if I remember right.

Where do you do this? As far as I know you have to have bought the PC game before June of last year or something.

• Locked thread