Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

The transfer window has been pushed up to June 1st now, so if anyone is playing on PC and want to copy their account to console make sure to do that sometime in the next week. Console release is out on the 6th if I remember right.

June 1st is the charcopy day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is all I can find:

quote:

Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and activates the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released.

Which is stupid. That cutoff date was like 2 months after the game was released. I guess I just threw my money away by buying the game this year, since I plan on switching to Xbox where my friends will start playing. Just seems like an odd decision on their part. Oh well.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Baron Porkface posted:

June 1st is the charcopy day.

Oh I see, the transfer happens June 1st, but the cutoff for being able to sign up for mirroring your account is over. Sorry for the confusion, ZOS wording tripped me up.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Can I dual wield axes and dish out high dps on a red guard DK? I started out with sword and shield, and its been fun but I feel like maybe there is a way I can do more dps?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

Can I dual wield axes and dish out high dps on a red guard DK? I started out with sword and shield, and its been fun but I feel like maybe there is a way I can do more dps?
Dual wielding axes is super bad, the bleed procs share the same cooldown timer.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dual wield axe on main hand dagger on off-hand. You get bleed and increased crit at the same time and bleeds can crit too.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

Dual wielding axes is super bad, the bleed procs share the same cooldown timer.

What about the looking cool meta though.

That is very important to me.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

What about the looking cool meta though.

That is very important to me.
Hahha, just don't expect to get into my raid party with duel axes you scrub.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

Hahha, just don't expect to get into my raid party with duel axes you scrub.

narrowing my eyes very intently as I try to decide whether this is something you've actually heard or you've gone native

edit: checking UESP it says that the last passive from DW only gives the bonuses to weapon types if you're using a blade weapon and a blunt weapon together, and does not work of you're using blade/blade or blunt/blunt. Is that in the tooltip?

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 21, 2015

kitten
Feb 6, 2003
Just to throw this out there: there's a sale going on with two different mounts at 450 crowns. I think you start at 500 crowns.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

narrowing my eyes very intently as I try to decide whether this is something you've actually heard or you've gone native

edit: checking UESP it says that the last passive from DW only gives the bonuses to weapon types if you're using a blade weapon and a blunt weapon together, and does not work of you're using blade/blade or blunt/blunt. Is that in the tooltip?
Looked at the UESP page, and now it looks like I have some testing to do. I assumed that dagger/dagger, sword/sword/ and mace/mace would all work as you would expect them to.
This might just be someone reading too literally into "blade and blunt" though.

The bleed thing with axe/axe is a problem with all dual wield procs. According to the forums, if you have 2 weapons with the same proc, they share the same cooldown. So this is also true for having 2 fire enchants on your weapons, its better to have 1 fire, and 1 ice. I haven't tested this, and I am not sure how to without a really large sample size.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 21, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Yeah, it tripped me up. First I've ever heard that it only works for when wielding different weapon types. UESP is definitely not the definitive source on ESO though (a lot of stuff isn't updated for post 1.6)

edit:

Its wrong, tested out once I got home and it works as you think it should. In that case I think dual swords is generally considered the best option as it ups your raw damage output, with axes as the weakest because of how procs work.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 22, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dear goons:

gently caress VAMPIRES. That is all. (especially if you insist on doing Veteran City of Ash as one).

Also, my uncle works for the Morag Tong.

Seriously guys he does.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
So I bought a key for this back in March via eBay, worked fine until today when I got an email from Bethesda informing me that my key had been identified as being fraudulently acquired and that my account would be suspended (not deactivated) at the end of May until I get a new key. I realise this is the kind of thing you open yourself up for buying through eBay/g2a etc; just curious as to whether anyone else has had this happen?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Owlkill posted:

So I bought a key for this back in March via eBay, worked fine until today when I got an email from Bethesda informing me that my key had been identified as being fraudulently acquired and that my account would be suspended (not deactivated) at the end of May until I get a new key. I realise this is the kind of thing you open yourself up for buying through eBay/g2a etc; just curious as to whether anyone else has had this happen?

Huh. Never heard of that happening before. I might have a key available for you if you need it.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Dear goons:

gently caress VAMPIRES. That is all. (especially if you insist on doing Veteran City of Ash as one).

Also, my uncle works for the Morag Tong.

Seriously guys he does.

I agree 100%. I had vamp from 23 to VR1 and I couldn't be happier without it. WW is much much better and easier to level up. No more worries about fire damage or healing myself constantly after every fight cause my life regen was low. Rank 10 is nice for the white dye is about all I was into it for.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Owlkill posted:

Looks like they're cracking down on keys http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/36womu/deactivation_of_fraudulently_obtained_esotu_game/

edit: Other news, the armor from the three characters in the cinematic trailers are going to be making their way to the crown store as costumes: http://imgur.com/iZsJyEJ,NWM1YJ9,N5ZANzO#2

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 23, 2015

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm getting all hyped again after the disappointing release, and I wanna play this but I wanna be primarily healing and I can't decide between templar and nightblade. Templar has the whole healy tree but apparently nightblade is really good for healing, and it seems like it might be more interesting for general shenanigans. I'd need to wear light armor regardless for healing, right? I haven't quite wrapped my head around how everything works yet.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
you pretty much want magicka and magicka regen, and spell crit (i.e. your heals can critically hit and heal more) is good as well, though i know that back in earlier versions people mentioned that spell crit didn't help much with the restoration staff because a lot of the heal over time channels it did couldn't critically hit, but that might be very out of date, i don't know. Light armour gives you passive bonuses for all three of those anyway. My templar healer is in all light even though my other weapon is a bow (it means the bow has crap DPS and I use it mainly for the CC effects and rely on aedric spear if i need to do lots of damage)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Black Pants posted:

I'm getting all hyped again after the disappointing release, and I wanna play this but I wanna be primarily healing and I can't decide between templar and nightblade. Templar has the whole healy tree but apparently nightblade is really good for healing, and it seems like it might be more interesting for general shenanigans. I'd need to wear light armor regardless for healing, right? I haven't quite wrapped my head around how everything works yet.

Templar or Sorcerer. Templars apparently have the best heals in the game, while sorcerers have a near infinite supply of mana for healing.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

NB healer would be pretty cool, actually.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Do you take suggestions for more addons to stick on the list? I've found some not on there that might be of use to others.

No, thank you! to stop annoying messages and the forced spinning around when opening the character sheet, among other things.

Lost Treasure for getting treasure maps and surveys shown on your map.

Destinations for labeling achievements and other interesting things on your map.

Craft Research Timer for tracking crafting timers across characters or without having to stop at a crafting station.

Master Merchant for tracking the price of items in guild stores, as well as a log of what items you sold in which guild store.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 23, 2015

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Thanks for those add-ons! Between some of those and some in the OP my game feels a million times better.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Thanks for the No, Thank You add-on, hadn't known about that. Like the no spin feature, its always bugged me how the UI flips the camera around. Feels more like SkyUI now.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Mizuti posted:

I finally found a cliff racer.

Oh god. I was browsing through the couple last pages, wondering whether I should boot this up again (It somehow doesn't draw me in, maybe I just have to persevere a bit) and I stumble on this.

The memories, the flashbacks. :argh:

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Has anyone got a high level melee dps that doesn't max weapon crit? i've been messing around with my medium armour dragonknight recently which i was running about 45% crit on before but decided i was dying too much, in particular not getting the chance to get too far down my stamina gauge before something killed me (having wiped out my magicka gauge on dragon blood etc) and wanted to try going back to 5 medium 2 heavy, and get the warrior stone to max flat damage instead of crit.

so i rejigged my attrib points and basically what i've ended up doing is traded in crit for heavy armour passives and increased armour and weapon damage, keeping the health/stamina gauges the same. this seems to be at odds with what all the endgame melee dps builds do though, which seem to be all about critting with a loving big 2-handed sword. i don't currently use 2-handed, i've been using 1 hand and shield and dual wield all the way through (currently VR2) so i have pretty much always thought of the build as a walking damage channel rather than a burst damage dealer. last time i tried going into pvp i sucked rear end

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

What's the hard cap on crit? I pretty much sit on around 50% no matter what I'm doing.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sittin at 60% crit on a good day on my NB dps.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

vug posted:

Has anyone got a high level melee dps that doesn't max weapon crit? i've been messing around with my medium armour dragonknight recently which i was running about 45% crit on before but decided i was dying too much, in particular not getting the chance to get too far down my stamina gauge before something killed me (having wiped out my magicka gauge on dragon blood etc) and wanted to try going back to 5 medium 2 heavy, and get the warrior stone to max flat damage instead of crit.

so i rejigged my attrib points and basically what i've ended up doing is traded in crit for heavy armour passives and increased armour and weapon damage, keeping the health/stamina gauges the same. this seems to be at odds with what all the endgame melee dps builds do though, which seem to be all about critting with a loving big 2-handed sword. i don't currently use 2-handed, i've been using 1 hand and shield and dual wield all the way through (currently VR2) so i have pretty much always thought of the build as a walking damage channel rather than a burst damage dealer. last time i tried going into pvp i sucked rear end

It's less about critting with the 2 hander, and more about critting every time with critical charge from the 2 hand line and pumping your weapon damage through the roof to make those crits juicier.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I think one of the strengths of this game is that it's difficult to make a plastic Skyrim Nexus princess, unlike a lot of other MMORPGs. Feels like the more subdued, realistic style encourages more reasonable character creation.

As an experiment, I tried to see how bad I could make an altmer waifu.

Yuck. Still, not even close to Nexus tier.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The most egregious thing you can do is probably put the body sliders all the way to stick thin and max the bust size out but that is pretty tame in comparison to most games.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
eso strikes me as the game that all these gamergate complainers should play instead of gta 5 or whatever. youve got the mature(ish) strong female characters, the lesbian pirate captains, the gay marriage, endless bogus moral choices to wring your hands over, etc

i kind of wish your chars looked more scruffy like unmodded skyrim and less pretty princess-ish though. and i kind of see the altmer as more slender and freaky looking
also you should be able to make a little rear end in a top hat garden gnome bosmer like in morrowind

vug fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 25, 2015

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Posting for an invite for @Moose1013 for the EP guild! would be nice to see something other than zone chat.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
Can someone invite @ResidualToast to lizardguild?

Nementhep
Sep 1, 2007

Could I get an invite for @serannian to GoonLizards?

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Is there an active EU guild? I'm @Stranglehands anyway

Buttstallion
Apr 24, 2015

a figment of Tiny Tina's imagination
Could I get a guild invite for @LadGalahad? Thanks.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
At great difficulty, Berke, a few pubbies, and I valiantly held off an AD siege force of Farragut until the big PvP guild of Thornblade, Spartan Legion, arrived with reinforcements.

Farragut Keep STILL belongs to the Goons.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I recommend, at least for anytime we need to hold onto Farragut Keep, to join in with defending. Regardless of level bow or restoration staff can be a great help behind walls, also siege engines are cheap and are the great equalizer in pvp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
If you want a scruffy looking non princess character you're free to make a beefy lady with horrible burns on her face and body and a no nonsence hairstyle. You can also make your character look old as gently caress.

• Locked thread