Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I posted in this thread (IIRC) a while back about how I had a scratched Scientology internal promotional DVD that wasn't on the Internet but that I couldn't get a clean rip of.

Well, I got a clean rip of it. Enjoy: the Golden Age of Tech Phase II, a revolution in auditing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j3cG-Iu6Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

"I can almost smell Ron's ink.'

EEEEEEEEEEWWWW.

Haha 'student hat'. the guy at 141 is sad. He thinks he knows stuff, but he knows stuff like dog knows stuff. Just the iea not the everything behind it. Good luck putting a satellite in space.

'Clay table PTRs.' 'CTP that blew him away.' It's like looking at aliens.

The face of sanity. Thanks for sharing man.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
We need a goon to infiltrate Scientology and report back with all the poo poo that goes on. Who's the richest goon with excess time on their hands, that won't go all stockholm syndrome and actually fall for all that crap?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

We need a goon to infiltrate Scientology and report back with all the poo poo that goes on. Who's the richest goon with excess time on their hands, that won't go all stockholm syndrome and actually fall for all that crap?

I've got plenty of free time and $20 in my account. I think I'm in the lead.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Three Olives?

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang
I dunno their claims sound pretty impressive:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That was the most exhausting seven minutes of my life. What do you think the time signature on that music is?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey, timely:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7293434

I wonder if she was punished for failing to convert Kevin James. Or Zach Morris.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

atomicthumbs posted:

I posted in this thread (IIRC) a while back about how I had a scratched Scientology internal promotional DVD that wasn't on the Internet but that I couldn't get a clean rip of.

Well, I got a clean rip of it. Enjoy: the Golden Age of Tech Phase II, a revolution in auditing

That video description is great.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

atomicthumbs posted:

They all have the same look in their eyes.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jack Gladney posted:

That was the most exhausting seven minutes of my life. What do you think the time signature on that music is?

That was slow as poo poo, bro.

They should have had this guy playing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88OgWvVJLkI

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Vladimir Poutine posted:

They all have the same look in their eyes.

atomicthumbs has a new favorite as of 09:34 on May 21, 2015

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

:stonkhat: Truly terrifying.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

If you had told me that one day I would go into the pyf unnerving poo poo thread and laugh, I would've called you crazy.
But here we are. That is amazing

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Those loving faces. :shepface:

Looks like someone needs to do a "Faces of Scientology" thing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I feel like those are the faces of bullshit, and not in the sense that Scientology is bullshit(that much is self-evident), but I don't even think these people believe what they're saying. They're probably struggling actors who have latched on to Scientology as a way to climb the ladder and this is an opportunity to get their face out there in the Scientology community.

These are the same kind of hyper-enthusiastic facial expressions you see from a salesperson at the furniture store or something like that, people who have actually reached some sort of true wisdom or enlightenment in their life are more chill about it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You're just saying that because you haven't experienced the thrill of having 2 or 3 weeks worth of cognitions in the span of 2 or three seconds!!! Wear that Student Hat! Run across that Bridge! The CTP is a drill machine!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it's depressing how many American actors are scientologists, what the hell happened to this industry that so many adhere to a scam alien cult.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

it's depressing how many American actors are scientologists, what the hell happened to this industry that so many adhere to a scam alien cult.

If I were seriously trying to make a career as an actor I'd probably go that route too, because I really don't give a poo poo about any religion so why not get in on one that's going to give me networking opportunities with industry people.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Yeah, it always seemed to me that for 99% of actors Scientology is basically like the Freemasons, but for celebrities.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

so why not

Reason #1 would probably be them concentrating a crazy amount of effort into ruining your life if you ever change your mind about supporting them.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Kurtofan posted:

You can pretty much say this about any organized religion, really - all of them are based on the same thing, just some decided to change up their stories and such to sound a little different. It's all brainwashing and conditioning, the only difference is that Scientology is way more crazy about ruining people if they decide to leave or let their "secrets" out.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Kurtofan posted:

If you read much of the anti-Scientology websites - the other big reason is - they treat celebs - particularly big ones - like royalty. Like private access to mansions and resorts and penthouse apartments the church owns, etc. Courting Celebrities was a big part of L. Ron's plan, since he knew the masses look up to celebrities.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Basebf555 posted:

If I were seriously trying to make a career as an actor I'd probably go that route too, because I really don't give a poo poo about any religion so why not get in on one that's going to give me networking opportunities with industry people.

Jews aren't big on conversion.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Ozz81 posted:

You can pretty much say this about any organized religion, really - all of them are based on the same thing, just some decided to change up their stories and such to sound a little different. It's all brainwashing and conditioning, the only difference is that Scientology is way more crazy about ruining people if they decide to leave or let their "secrets" out.

To be fair, most religions' holy texts aren't written by third-rate sci-fi authors.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ozz81 posted:

For me if a person is a true believer(not just in it for the connections, jobs, etc.) in Scientology that is a sign of low intelligence because of how recently it was invented. I don't judge people who follow the older religions by the same standard because I see it as more understandable to be fooled by a thousand year old religion rather than something cooked up by an author who lived during your own lifetime. But yea in the end I consider all religions to be equally full of poo poo.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Basebf555 posted:

For me if a person is a true believer(not just in it for the connections, jobs, etc.) in Scientology that is a sign of low intelligence because of how recently it was invented. I don't judge people who follow the older religions by the same standard because I see it as more understandable to be fooled by a thousand year old religion rather than something cooked up by an author who lived during your own lifetime. But yea in the end I consider all religions to be equally full of poo poo.

Check out this LDS basher.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

HaB posted:

If you read much of the anti-Scientology websites - the other big reason is - they treat celebs - particularly big ones - like royalty. Like private access to mansions and resorts and penthouse apartments the church owns, etc. Courting Celebrities was a big part of L. Ron's plan, since he knew the masses look up to celebrities.

If you're already a celebrity I can imagine that the scientology poo poo is just an extension of what it's like to be famous in the first place. Some of them probably get sucked in because having people fawn all over you all the time can probably make you feel like you're too smart and good to be taken advantage of, so whatever you decide must be right.

Also, many actors have a high-school education, if that, or they went to art school. Hollywood is the most anti-intellectual place in America, so it's easy to be dumb as poo poo and fall for an insane cult and then let your ego do the driving.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

HaB posted:

2nd reason is many of the first generation big names came through a respected acting school that had ties to Scientology.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

You're just saying that because you haven't experienced the thrill of having 2 or 3 weeks worth of cognitions in the span of 2 or three seconds!!! Wear that Student Hat! Run across that Bridge! The CTP is a drill machine!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Richard Moll?

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Scientology: Not even once.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Some of those are so freaky you think at first glance that they're photoshops, but then you watch the video and realize nope, those are legit crazy faces.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

The Endbringer posted:

If you had told me that one day I would go into the pyf unnerving poo poo thread and laugh, I would've called you crazy.
But here we are. That is amazing

I'm scared, unnerved, and laughing my rear end off. This thread took a turn.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

It's like robots trying to create "hu-man" emotions in some kind of wacky comedy. This is some kind of uncanny valley poo poo right here.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

We have reached Peak Unnerving here.

... quite an achievement, considering that this is a thread that has featured in-depth discussions of the methods of serial killers, and a link to an audio recording of people being burned alive.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

With every new game Bioware's character creation gets worse and worse.

gently caress it, I guess I'm playing as the dude with the lip gloss.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

And tying it back into wikipedia, the article for "Study Tech"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study_Tech posted:

In the United States, the method is used by Delphi Schools, which runs a number of primary, middle, and secondary schools, and New Village Academy, a private school in Calabasas, California.[9] As of 1998, it was being used in 26 cities by the World Literacy Crusade.[10] The Literacy, Education and Ability Program (LEAP) of Memphis, Tennessee, an Applied Scholastics member organization, received a grant of $250,000 from the U.S. government's Fund for the Improvement of Education (FIE) in 2005.[11] In 2006, Scientology partnered with the Nation of Islam, the Glorious Church of God in Christ in Tampa, Florida, and Joy Tabernacle Cathedral in Ybor City. All groups adopted Study Technology, and their community support volunteers trained in using Study Technology to teach children.[12][13] However, in 2012 the Pinellas County School Board revoked the school's charter, with teachers blaming the Study Tech curriculum for poor test results. Teachers complained that their colleagues had been fired for rejecting Scientology's teachings, and that teachers even worked after school, without pay, to try and assist children, with no substantial results.[14]

In Canada, Study Technology was introduced in September 2008 at Bambolino Montessori Academy, a private school in Toronto; the school's principal and dean said that the method is secular and that they do not teach Scientology.[15] However, by 2012 Toronto, as well as Georgia, San Antonio, Texas, St. Louis, and Nevada had backed away from supporting Study Tech, after numerous complaints from educators and parents.[16]

Applied Scholastics received accreditation from the Italian Ministry of Education in 2005 as an organization that teachers can choose to attend for their continuing education requirement.[17][18] In South Africa, schools that apply Study Technology have been backed by local companies and have reported widespread success. In Germany, Monika Schipmann of the Berlin Education Department told the St. Petersburg Times in 1991 that the authorities there considered Study Tech to be "psychologically damaging."

In 2007 two professors from the University of Florida were asked to examine Study Tech. Both professors expressed concern about the practice being taught, with one calling the material "moronic", though they agreed the process is essentially harmless.[7]

Study Tech was approved by the Florida school board as a "supplemental" education programme.

Apparently several private, and some public, schools are teaching it.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailored_Access_Operations

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if cybersecurity interests you at all I'd recommend reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The whites of the eyes showing above the pupils is like the Universal Symbol of Craziness.