Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I have forums OCD guys. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Wake got new unis and they're a huge improvement.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/view.gal?id=179630

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Wake got new unis and they're a huge improvement.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/view.gal?id=179630

Man those look a ton better. The old ones weren't outright bad, but they were bland as hell

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the shoulders kinda remind me of Hawaiis which is to say they own

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I really, really like those.

*No I don't because all new jerseys are bad and I am literally a man made of straw.*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alouicious posted:

the shoulders kinda remind me of Hawaiis which is to say they own

Agreed! I love when teams have something intricate or distinct like that. Something to make your uniform distinct from every other uniform. It is a wonderful touch

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

*No I don't because all new jerseys are bad and I am literally a man made of straw.*

Lol

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Eifert Posting posted:

Lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@TomGarfinkel: Will be announcing today what the alternate jersey for 2015 will be, w full uniform unveil and available for sale in July.

That's for the Dolphins.

Please be orange.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
It's going to be all black

:suicide:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dirt Worshipper posted:

It's going to be all black

:suicide:

And they'll wear them during an afternoon game.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Oh man. We are wearing throwbacks on MNF.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Giants are doing a season long celebration thing of the 1990 team. It would be cool to see 1990 throwbacks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

@TomGarfinkel: Will be announcing today what the alternate jersey for 2015 will be, w full uniform unveil and available for sale in July.

That's for the Dolphins.

Please be orange.

Pretty sure it is. It was on twitter yesterday, there was a rack of Dolphins jerseys and in the corner you could see an orange group.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ehud posted:

Oh man. We are wearing throwbacks on MNF.

Oh my god yes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
They can't use the only part that matters. The helmet on thedolphin. No alt helmets.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Of course it's orange. Same as the Browns

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Hockles posted:

Of course it's orange. Same as the Browns

Febreeze could find a way to work this into a comic about the dumb Nike designers. I'm not sure how, but the potential is definitely there.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

They can't use the only part that matters. The helmet on thedolphin. No alt helmets.

This rule is loving bullshit.

RIP Creamsicles

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

davecrazy posted:

The Giants are doing a season long celebration thing of the 1990 team. It would be cool to see 1990 throwbacks.

Does this mean all the players get to grow kickass Hostetler mustaches

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Uniform patch I think and we'll have bunch of halftime players and coaches tributes all season.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

if the helmets are the same color all they need to do is swap the decals

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This rule is loving bullshit.

RIP Creamsicles

Creamsicles uniforms are loving horrible just like all shades of orange

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SA2K posted:

Creamsicles uniforms are loving horrible

Ross what happened to you man

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Ross what happened to you man

I'm gonna send you a Vols jersey because you love orange and white so much

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Lions' uniforms are still trash and they should go back to the Barry uniform at once.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Alouicious posted:

if the helmets are the same color all they need to do is swap the decals

Stupid question: if we can vinyl wrap a stock car, why can't we vinyl wrap a helmet?

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

C. Everett Koop posted:

Stupid question: if we can vinyl wrap a stock car, why can't we vinyl wrap a helmet?

They do it for goalie masks in hockey, so it's definitely possible.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

FatHeads for Helmets.

Dan Gilbert, send me $1 million. You know where I live. You sent me a birthday card.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

The Lions' uniforms are still trash and they should go back to the Barry uniform at once.

Our unis are fine. :shrug: It's not like there's that huge of a difference between the ones now and everything else since the team added a logo to the helmet.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They are better than the last set but not the set before them.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Michigan is meeting at Nike headquarters today.

Sure, Michigan doesn't use that logo, but it looks nice.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 11, 2015

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Uniwatch guy ranked the NFL jerserys: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12913780/uni-watch-power-rankings-nfl-best-worst-uniforms

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Browns are too high and used to be too low

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
titans are too low imo

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Paul Lukas hates the Jags helmet as much as I do. I love this guy.

Not sure I'd put the Eagles that high. The black jerseys were way nicer than the green ones. I'd also put the Jets higher and Bills slightly lower, personally.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I don't know how you can say the Jets need a visual reboot to offset the team's dysfunctionality, and in the same article praise the Raiders for keeping the same visual style despite a similar time period of incompetence.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Febreeze posted:

Paul Lukas hates the Jags helmet as much as I do. I love this guy.

Not sure I'd put the Eagles that high. The black jerseys were way nicer than the green ones. I'd also put the Jets higher and Bills slightly lower, personally.

The Eagles and Patriots are both rated far too highly and I have no idea why he likes the Garcia era red facemask for the 49ers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm bored so I did my own rankings.

quote:

1) Buffalo Bills - Unlike most, I actually like the white helmet over the red. I'm a sucker for the stripes all over the unis and I like how the color combo works.

2) New York Giants - The grey facemask is my favorite and I like the use of grey overall on these. Simple and I like the ny logo on the helmet a lot.

3) Oakland Raiders - Simple and classic. Silver and black works so well together.

4) Pittsburgh Steelers - Another classic look. Yellow and black is a great combo.

5) San Diego Chargers - They get a good bump for going back to the white helmet and the powder blue is the best color in sports.

6) Green Bay Packers - Classic look here that doesn't really need any changes.

7) Chicago Bears - I actually had to move these up. I don't particularly like the blue but it really does work and its such a classic look.

8) Minnesota Vikings - I really like the update from the awful uni they had prior. Only issue I have here is the helmet being flat purple doesn't mesh well with the jersey. Bonus points for having a great throwback with a grey facemask.

9) Indianapolis Colts - Simple works here. 2 colors, white and blue. The all white is one of my favorites.

10) San Francisco 49ers - Red and gold is nice and again I'm a sucker for these grey facemasks. Lets not talk about those black alternates, gross.

11) Washington Redskins - I like how these colors come together. The all burgundy look is really good.

12) Kansas City Chiefs - Nothing remarkable but they get a significant bump for the all red uni.

13) Miami Dolphins - This one has grown on me and the all teal looks really sharp. Not a fan of the numbers though, they seem a bit narrow.

14) New England Patriots - The grey with the red white and blue is a nice look. Kind of more going on than there needs to be with these though.

15) Cleveland Browns - I liked the older version better but I still like these new ones. The shadowed numbers kind of distracts from the look though.

16) Seattle Seahawks - I didn't like these at first but now they've grown on me. It's a nice change to some of the old classic styles.

17) Cincinnati Bengals - Sure they may be a bit loud and obnoxious but I'm a sucker for orange and black.

18) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Homer alert. Most hate them but I like the oversized helmet logo and the color scheme. Stupid numbers though.

19) Dallas Cowboys - I hate how they use different shades of silver and blue. I like the dark blue uni and the helmet is iconic.

20) Carolina Panthers - Would probably be lower but I like the blue and black color scheme a lot.

21) New Orleans Saints - Hate the collars, love the all black.

22) Houston Texans - I like the smooth blue look of the helmet and the numbers are nice. Like the Saints, I don't like how the collar distracts from the uni.

23) St. Louis Rams - Just kind of meh and boring. The helmet logo is something I do like and the throwbacks are fun once a year.

24) Baltimore Ravens - The all blacks gets this set this high but that's about it. Purple and black just doesn't do it for me the way these are pieced together.

25) Jacksonville Jaguars - I actually like these for the reasons I like Seattle and Tampa, a fresh look. But that god drat helmet is so bad. Make it all black and you solve a huge problem.

26) New York Jets - It's alright but nothing sticks out and I really dislike the team logo. All green is sharp though.

27) Philadelphia Eagles - I don't care for the green or the number font. Switching back to kelly green with the grey pants would be fun.

28) Detroit Lions - Nothing really great about these. The shade of blue with silver just doesn't do much for me and the logo is pretty boring.

29) Atlanta Falcons - I love the throwbacks with the red helmet but the regular jerseys are just bad. If they did something like the Vikings did to update they could have something because red and black is solid.

30) Tennessee Titans - Hate the logo and I hate the two shades of blues against each other. Even the helmet stripes are dumb.

31) Arizona Cardinals - Similar problems to the Falcons. I like the classic looking helmet but the jersey is just bad.

32) Denver Broncos - These things just reek of the late 90s. Bad in almost every way.

Remember these are just my worthless opinions but still, feel free to rip me apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

I'm bored so I did my own rankings.

Remember these are just my worthless opinions but still, feel free to rip me apart.

Metapod posted:

titans are too low imo

• Locked thread