Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
What is the reason for keeping a pirate base to surrender to? I mean, I get that it's used to lower your rank but couldn't you just attack players and surrender there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Apogee15 posted:

What is the reason for keeping a pirate base to surrender to? I mean, I get that it's used to lower your rank but couldn't you just attack players and surrender there?

You could yes.

Keeping an NPC base is nice because:
1) it's cheaper to surrender to (I think)
2) it keeps you off revenge lists
3) if you keep one that is really low, you can drop PR faster, because you'll be losing more per surrender.

It's not necessary, just a quality of life thing I thought I'd suggest.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

RVT posted:

You could yes.

Keeping an NPC base is nice because:
1) it's cheaper to surrender to (I think)
2) it keeps you off revenge lists
3) if you keep one that is really low, you can drop PR faster, because you'll be losing more per surrender.

It's not necessary, just a quality of life thing I thought I'd suggest.

Ah, that makes sense then.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Applied to 2poor; left my bredrin in lljk behind

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
My request to join LLJK has been officially submitted, under the in-game name "Bradsta".

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Anderron Shi posted:

My request to join LLJK has been officially submitted, under the in-game name "Bradsta".

Done.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Thanks for the help verifying and accepting new goons into LLJK.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
No probs, easy enough for me to check every now and then.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Just requested to join LLJK as Temujin.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You're in.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
We have 3 guys in 2poor with really unfortunate donated:received numbers.

I want people to feel free to request as much as possible, especially newer players. And I understand it can be hard to find open requests unless you check in often.

However, it seems like 1 or more people are taking things a bit overboard.

I really don't want to set hard limits, because I really don't want to police that, and it looks like it's only a problem with 3 guys of 50. But I don't know what to do. Options:

Kick them.
Yell at them again as I did a month ago.
Instruct the guild to only donate theives until their ratios improve.
Do nothing and comfort myself with the fact that they must need those troops more than me.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

RVT posted:

I want people to feel free to request as much as possible, especially newer players. And I understand it can be hard to find open requests unless you check in often.

I really don't want to set hard limits, because I really don't want to police that, and it looks like it's only a problem with 3 guys of 50. But I don't know what to do. Options:

Kick them.
Do nothing and comfort myself with the fact that they must need those troops more than me.

I am assuming I am one of them. I will stop asking. I don't normally jump on enough to catch people's requests. My bad.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Thieves!

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Snowmankilla posted:

I am assuming I am one of them. I will stop asking. I don't normally jump on enough to catch people's requests. My bad.

Not you at all. Keep requesting and if you can toss a couple troops out now and then don't be shy. Keep the troops flowing. You're good.

I guess my point was, if someone has time to receive 700+, they have time to donate more than 25.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I got curious and looked through the guild list. Noticed at least 1 person who had 0 donated and 700 received, so I imagine that RVT isn't talking about someone like me with 230-300.

I like the use the guild troops all the time, and my donated amount is definitely starting to fall behind my received(especially since getting the 8-person guild ship). I donate as much as I can, so I'd want people to request more often so I can feel less guilty about requesting as often as I do. Sometimes I request troops, battle and am ready for more troops 30m later, but I don't like to see my back-to-back requests so I hold off.

I'm on pretty frequently and am entirely willing to pump out as many troops as people request. I'll build any type of troop too, so if some of the lower rank people wanted to play with witch doctors or something just put a note in.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I usually forget to request guild troops wooooops.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

RVT posted:

Kick them.

I don't think this applies to me necessarily hopefully, but I am reluctant to donate on general due to how low level my guys are compared to what others can provide. I feel like I'd just be taking up space better used for far more powerful minions.

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

I usually forget to request guild troops wooooops.

Me too. I'm happy with my results without them so I don't request very often. I try to contribute when I can though.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Ok, so some people are taking this the wrong way, which is what I feared when I posted.

If you're not 8-25 donated to 150-700+ received, my previous posts were definitely not aimed at you.

So two things,

1) We talked about this briefly when all the Android guys came in, the guild stance is, we'd rather have requests filled fast than wait for the absolute best troops.* If you see a request open, no matter what level your troops are, stuff that hole. Gunners are always good troops to donate.

*if a request specifies a particular level or type of troop, defer to that.

2) We want everyone requesting as much as possible, so don't let anything I've posted make you think twice about requesting. My goal in posting is to get the people that have been a bit heavy on the requesting, and very light on the donating, to bring that slightly closer to balance.

tl dr - Request constantly, donate whenever you see an open request. You'll be good.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Any spots opening up in 2poor soon?

Albert Gibson
Oct 19, 2012
Guild Warfare has gone live, let's go trash somebody.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Albert Gibson posted:

Yeah, lets get a rumble going!

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Flayer posted:

Any spots opening up in 2poor soon?

We might have a spot or two tomorrow night, but we still have a long list to work through. People have been staying with the game in greater numbers than anticipated.

Albert Gibson posted:

Downloading the 111mb patch with my poo poo 4g. Give me a bit.

In the meantime, have some patch notes:

Midoki posted:

Rumbles added!

Rumble UI populated using cached data when user re-enters Guild screen or re-selects ‘scores’ for a member.

Rumble UI indicates that a late-joining player (became Guild member after Rumble started) won’t contribute to the Rumble, or receive any rewards.

Added language support for iOS (so that app store shows them all).

Increased size of chat box from 32 to 64 entries.

The create guild and edit guild screens have have been tweaked (and made into a separate screen, no longer in the main guild screen code).

The create guild button now shows the cost.

Increased the display size of the guild name so it now longer clips.

Fixed animation on pulsing buttons, so it no longer stops pulsing when holding and moving your finger off it.

Fixed issues with cancelling exploration when in the main state and returning to explore state.

The facebook bar (leaderboards and join guild screens) is no longer part of the scrolling list and is now always shown at the bottom on the screen.

Fixed crash bugs when exiting out of a screen when on a slow internet connection. This affected screens that requested search results which took time to return (i.e. guild and leaderboard screens).

Player profile now appears when user taps player name on Main, Exploration and Visit screens.

Errands - improved some server code to stop issues.

Replays - improved after checks for desyncs.

More flags - Azerbaijan, Dominican Republic, Georgia, Guatemala, Maldives, Panama, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkmenistan.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Someone with a fully explored map, please take a screen shot and post it here (and add it to the op).

Perhaps spoiler tag it in case goons like the mystery.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

One of you 2poor guys should totally quit the game and give your spot to me because nobody in lljk contributes to perks

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

gromdul posted:

Someone with a fully explored map, please take a screen shot and post it here (and add it to the op).

Perhaps spoiler tag it in case goons like the mystery.

http://i.imgur.com/bphoMUW.jpg

It's in Italian but first result on google search so there you go.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 21, 2015

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

I will take some shots and get them in the OP tomorrow night, but honestly this is probably more useful.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Does anyone use the theif? Should I bother upgrading her? I already can max out all my poo poo super quickly without her, though I'm only at Ph4

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012

Stereotype posted:

Does anyone use the theif? Should I bother upgrading her? I already can max out all my poo poo super quickly without her, though I'm only at Ph4

Personally I don't, but it could be a strategy thing. I find the most effective tactic is to get brutes heading towards mortars from one direction then once the mortars are occupied bringing in a wave of dps from the other side. Thieves seem to me like a way of getting something out of it even if you're getting owned. PH6 for what that's worth.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Aleth posted:

http://i.imgur.com/bphoMUW.jpg

It's in Italian but first result on google search so there you go.

Ah thanks. I googled it before but just got some screen shots of incomplete maps.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Stereotype posted:

Thieves can be good for stealing from a much higher PH, but I'd rather just pound people with Grute.

Also, the thief special ability has been temporarily taken out of the game and replaced with berserk, because it was bugged, so using thieves right now is not recommended.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I spent some time surrendering to a low rank NPC base to drop ~150 ranks.

There is no penalty for surrendering, other than losing rank.

So if you are having trouble finding people to 3 star, surrendering a bunch to drop ranks will help you find easier opponents.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Midoki posted:

For the next 3 days Plunder Pirates is reducing recruitment times by a whooping 50%!
That's right, there has never been a better time to head over to the Tavern and get your crew together ready for the next Rumble.
It's a limited time offer though so make the most of it today and get Plundering!

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I'm honestly surprised the other teams didn't make a dent much at all during the night. I think we've got this haha

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
We Win! Hurrah!

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Apogee15 posted:

We Win! Hurrah!

I'll post some screens of the final standings tonight if someone doesn't beat me to it.

2poor will return to war and LLJK will go to war tonight, in about 7 hours.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Only problem with winning our first war against Germans is that we'll just have to do it all over again a while later.

Albert Gibson
Oct 19, 2012
Can't wait to smash up those LLJK fools.

Wait, what?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

RVT posted:

I'll post some screens of the final standings tonight if someone doesn't beat me to it.

2poor will return to war and LLJK will go to war tonight, in about 7 hours.

HOORAY WE GET TO WAR TOO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Albert Gibson posted:

Can't wait to smash up those LLJK fools.

Wait, what?

Haha, we'll be staggering it so we don't come up against each other. That would be pretty messed up.

Need one of these people to come to 2poor if they want. 1 spot.

RVT posted:

4 Kanimas
8 Tortoiseshell Tom
12 Mugsbaloney
17 Stringbean
20 Dread Pirate Rob
23 EdrinShrike
24 Lastbil
25 Edrinshrike
27 Bloodbeard

We are at war. Stay where you are.

RVT fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 23, 2015