Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Byolante posted:

Then be disqualified for stream sniping.

Well yeah obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Christ that Tiny.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Incoherence posted:

Xyclopzz is a non-stop stream of broken English memes.

weird toppings guy posted:

i love him for this

Xyclopz is pretty much a late night DJ who suddenly got promoted to prime time. Before, you loved him or hated him but could easily avoid him. Last night, he was thrust into the spotlight and shrank from it. I feel for him, but ultimately it's on him and BTS to either improve the quality of the product, or put him back on graveyard shift SEA games where he and his audience are most comfortable.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It is kind of messy that xyclopz is casting whats a rather big match in a rather big tournament.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
:;

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Xyclopz isn't even hard to understand, why do people gotta hate on my man like that. I didn't watch last night so maybe it was a bad day for him but dude usually knows well enough what he's talking about and is really clever, anyone who complains about his casting is a fun hating bore

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
http://www.twitch.tv/tobiwan Joindota doing some qualifier prediction analysis with stats and stuff, if you want some info.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Red Red Blue posted:

Xyclopz isn't even hard to understand, why do people gotta hate on my man like that. I didn't watch last night so maybe it was a bad day for him but dude usually knows well enough what he's talking about and is really clever, anyone who complains about his casting is a fun hating bore

He was dual casting with Blaze for at least one game, and, while I normally like both Xyclopz and Blaze, that just didn't work.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
hey nip finally won a game on dreamleague

i mean like this week

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 21, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is a dumb rule because it means I get to watch less dota

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Zoness posted:

hey nip finally won a game on dreamleague

i mean like this week

Technically.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Officially!

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Here's the TI5 HUB mega-list.

quote:

We are happy to announce that Beyondthesummit, joinDOTA, The GD Studio & their friends will be teaming up to form a coverage hub of awesomeness dedicated to the upcoming TI5 qualifiers. The qualifiers are set to take place between May 25th - June 1st and so will our awesome coverage.

Cool story bro, but what does this actually mean?
With the support of Twitch and in partnership with PGL and their studios located in Bucharest, we were able to bring under the same roof a multitude of Dota 2 personalities ranging from casters, analysts, hosts, observers, pro players and others. By the way, when we say “multitude”, we actually mean a LOT of people...35 to be exact! Three casting streams will be complemented by a lounge stream, following a hectic schedule with games running 24/7 during 8 straight days (yes, literally). Here is the full talent list:

Casters/Analysts/Hosts:
Ayesee @ayesee
Basskip @Basskip
Blitz @Blitz_DotA
Capitalist @DotACapitalist
Draskyl @Draskyl
Durka @durkadota
Godz @BTSGoDz
H4nni @KaiH4nn1
Kotlguy @KotLguy
Kpoptosis @kptdota
LD @LDdota
Merlini @MerliniDota
Maut @MautDota
Odpixel @ODPixel
Purge @PurgeGamers
Sunsfan @SUNSfanTV
Synderen @syndereNDota
Tobiwan @TobiWanDOTA
Zyori @ZyoriTV

Observers:
Pimpmuckl @PimpmuckL
Skrff @skrff
Weppas @Weppas_

Lounge hosts:
2GD @follow2GD
Hotbid @Hot_Bid
Luminous @LuminousInverse
Pyrionflax @PyrionFlax
Maquannas @maquannas
Miss snowfox @Miss_Snowfox
Shane @shaneomad
Sheever @SheeverGaming

Pros:
Bone7 @bOne7DotA
EGM @FollowEGM
Sexybamboe @SexyBamboe
Wagamama @WagaGaming

Sujoy:
Sujoy @sujoy_r

Oh my rares! This sounds amazing, where can I watch this?
- twitch.tv/ti5sange - main casting stream
- twitch.tv/ti5yasha - secondary casting stream
- twitch.tv/ti5skadi - third casting stream
- twitch.tv/ti5mango - lounge stream

Majuju fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 21, 2015

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I don't even know what irony level I enjoy xyclopzz on but he's definitely comparable to like some rank rear end but good blue cheese vs every western caster's expired velveeta

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
xyclopzz is just a big bundle of joy and enthusiasm about Dota2 and I love him for it.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

no kitten stream or notail/sing/bruno?

0/10

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cool

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

IncendiaC posted:

no kitten stream or notail/sing?

0/10

singsing will be kind of busy with actually playing in the qualifiers, so

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
Bone7 the only pro who's actually going to TI. Hope they're gonna announce some more.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I guess most of the pros already in TI would rather be bootcamping, huh? I like some of those people but I'll miss the pro casts. And they better stream Mario Party.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Shame the old EU hub likely won't be matched again. No Bruno, no kittens, no late night stuff, much less pros.

Also watching that prediction thing on JoinDota I think Tobi said Valve wasn't putting money into the hub this year so Twitch picked up the slack. Cmon Valve.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I mean bone7 does live pretty close to bucharest right

CampingCarl posted:

Shame the old EU hub likely won't be matched again. No Bruno, no kittens, no late night stuff, much less pros.

Also watching that prediction thing on JoinDota I think Tobi said Valve wasn't putting money into the hub this year so Twitch picked up the slack. Cmon Valve.

it's more organic this way ok none of that valve fertilizer or pesticide

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I question the choice of Sujoy for Sujoy but we'll see how it shakes out.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I love how there's a sujoy category :allears:

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Oh drat it. Just when I thought ayesee was gone forever from casting dota, he comes back again.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Who's Maquannas?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"I think I'll go there an smash some heads"
-Arise

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Urgh Ayesee is on that list. I thought he got out of the casting game.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

scaterry posted:

xyclopzz is just a big bundle of joy and enthusiasm about Dota2 and I love him for it.

Also I've never heard him talk about how sexy a hero is or how he'd like to sleep with one during a cast so that puts him in the top tier already.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Only 3 observers? They are going to be hella overworked.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ojetor posted:

Skrff and weppas are always overworked, it doesnt seem to affect them.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Ojetor posted:

I mean maut and kpop work as obs in a pinch right

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder how much dedicated observers are actually paid.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Ojetor posted:

I know Weppas or skrff have to sometimes solo observe every game at major LANs in 12 hour days because there is only one observer for each language at some events. They really don't get the recognition they deserve compared to the casters.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

CampingCarl posted:

I know Weppas or skrff have to sometimes solo observe every game at major LANs in 12 hour days because there is only one observer for each language at some events. They really don't get the recognition they deserve compared to the casters.

People behind the camera rarely do.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Red Red Blue posted:

I felt really bad for him when he went on himself in that VG v. Alliance game :saddowns:

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
The hub will be pretty cool, but I'm so glad that I got to experience the EU Hub and all its glory last year.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds the name "pizzadad37" (Boreal's #4) funny.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Could this be the return of the Nyx Assassin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Peanut President posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds the name "pizzadad37" (Boreal's #4) funny.

pizzadad37 is up there with shrivelyourcock and MASTURBAMAN for top NA names

Incoherence posted:

Could this be the return of the Nyx Assassin?

hopefully casters actually learn what mana burn does (tralf :argh:)

• Locked thread