Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Cannon_Fodder posted:

The real moral of the story is that there's High-Sec schmucks who will cart your poo poo around for pennies. If you're feeling unattached to this poo poo, they'll also collect a contract with a stupid high collateral, so feel free to blow them up instead of selling your wares in the marketplace.

Huh, never knew this. I guess you could totally get a gank fleet together and make garbage contracts of P1 materials overcollateralized for 5b isk and then wait for them to pick up the contract and gank them? I'll have to try this sometime :frogsiren:

evilweasel posted:

Always collateral for more than you paid, so that if your package gets ganked you get paid for the inconvenience as well. In fact, collateral for the maximum they'll accept without charging more.

If you like playing scratch offs, then you can even bump it up a notch. As long as you're not going through lowsec or an inordinate amount of jumps, the rates for overcollaterlizing contracts aren't that bad, provided you're not space poor and/or have good money making opportunities (like ratting).

You can also do this on public contracts, but it will take a while longer, but cost significantly less, as Don Gately can attest.

Drythe posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46757830/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46757832/

I hope I have time tonight to play, I want to find pubbies that have something more on them.

(I don't know what the hell I did with my character before. I think I ratted a lot and ended up hating this game, probably why I always quit after a week)

This is the most romantic thing in the world :love: :love: :love: He was your first, and you were his first. Check you contracts when you log on, there'll be a nice surprise waiting for you. Apply to MiniLuv if/when you join Goonwaffe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

vyst posted:

I wonder whats going to happen when CCP is forced to go on strike because ~Icelandic unions~

It would suck for CCP but at the point any CCP workers are going on strike it's a general strike by a huge part of the country, which sucks for everyone. The general strike doesn't happen until after 10 days of other strikes.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Huh, never knew this. I guess you could totally get a gank fleet together and make garbage contracts of P1 materials overcollateralized for 5b isk and then wait for them to pick up the contract and gank them? I'll have to try this sometime :frogsiren:
Yep. Globby / avatarwin was doing this. You can inflate the volume of your contract with empty containers so that the freighter has to use a full set of extenders (and thus minimum HP). Smart haulers will accept the contract on a different character than their freighter, but stupid haulers abound.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Klyith posted:

It would suck for CCP but at the point any CCP workers are going on strike it's a general strike by a huge part of the country, which sucks for everyone. The general strike doesn't happen until after 10 days of other strikes.

Yep. Globby / avatarwin was doing this. You can inflate the volume of your contract with empty containers so that the freighter has to use a full set of extenders (and thus minimum HP). Smart haulers will accept the contract on a different character than their freighter, but stupid haulers abound.

God, yes, I know this, we've been doing it for months.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

nigga crab pollock posted:

A max buffer passive tanked broadsword has 120k ehp and can passive tank 700 dps. No bling, just t2 fit. If you have nanos instead of SPRs in the lows the thing goes like 2.5k overheated but only passive tanks 300

yeah, a ship with 120k ehp that goes 2.5km/s and has a 24km infinipoint. oh, it can also go into frigate wormholes. Yours today for only 250m

You can dps fit it to to get upwards of like 500 dps which is loving ridiculous, too

gently caress me, you're right. My production alt can build the things, too. I don't know why I stopped building spaceships.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Me and Siegfried did this like 7 times and made 35 billion over like 2 weeks. I think one time he bumped a freighter for the last 12 hours of a contract because antigankers stopped our hyperdunking.

Klyith posted:

Smart haulers will accept the contract on a different character than their freighter, but stupid haulers abound.

You can change the destination system to some system where traffic is very limited, and you can create the plastic wrap so there is an easily identifiable item that when you scan, you know you have the right package. Also warr akini's scouting system is really really good at finding where certain people are going.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 21, 2015

polyfractal
Dec 20, 2004

Unwind my riddle.
Doing some spring cleaning of equipment scattered around the universe, before moving to Dek. My Nidhoggur is in Syndicate right now...which is sorta close but far enough that I'm concerned. The jump fatigue stuff has me worried, since it doesn't look like I can just string cyno alts along the route anymore.

Should I just sell it locally and purchase a new Nid once I get to friendly territory? Or maybe I'll just let it sit until I've gotten accustomed to new Eve gameplay and move it later.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

polyfractal posted:

Doing some spring cleaning of equipment scattered around the universe, before moving to Dek. My Nidhoggur is in Syndicate right now...which is sorta close but far enough that I'm concerned. The jump fatigue stuff has me worried, since it doesn't look like I can just string cyno alts along the route anymore.

Should I just sell it locally and purchase a new Nid once I get to friendly territory? Or maybe I'll just let it sit until I've gotten accustomed to new Eve gameplay and move it later.

Cyno to station, dock, wait out spaceaids, repeat. It's not any more dangerous, just more time-consuming.

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

polyfractal posted:

Takes 5-7 hours to get from Syndicate to Dek waiting aids down to 10 minutes before another jump. Take that as you will.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

polyfractal posted:

Drop a line in the SV jabber channel, we can help you get back onto the old cyno chain highway or failing that help you get back to dek.

my jabber / ingame dude is Koshka Narkotikov

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

I lived the dream and now I'm back on the ground :unsmith:

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
giving money to firv, ever :colbert:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Zephyrine posted:

I lived the dream and now I'm back on the ground :unsmith:

What's going on here?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What's going on here?

I borrowed some isk but then I didn't need it.

Fox_bat
Mar 6, 2010
She started a freight conglomerate and got more pilots than she ever thought possible.

In other game related news: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5761343 (Sentry Drone nerfs coming to a patch near you)

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Zephyrine posted:

I borrowed some isk but then I didn't need it.

Your new service is pretty awesome. I also appreciate your focus on serving greater Deklein and not solely on the trade hubs, no matter what the ENLI guy says.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Fox_bat posted:

In other game related news: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5761343 (Sentry Drone nerfs coming to a patch near you)
Eh, it's not a nerf to the ground but it can't hurt. As most of the replies are saying, the massive stack of hull bonuses and fitting ability are what make the ishtar what it is. (Same as how the minor railgun nerf didn't make tengus any less appealing.)

DisgracelandUSA posted:

God, yes, I know this, we've been doing it for months.
Sorry I didn't catch your sarcastic frogsiren in a conversation thread with a guy who started playing a week ago. I'm sure that guy knew all about it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Klyith posted:

Eh, it's not a nerf to the ground but it can't hurt. As most of the replies are saying, the massive stack of hull bonuses and fitting ability are what make the ishtar what it is. (Same as how the minor railgun nerf didn't make tengus any less appealing.)

Replace the sentry bonus with a heavy drone hp/resist bonus.

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

Swap the VNI and Ishtar slot layout.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So long as the combined sentry alpha of a blob of 25 carriers and/or rattlesnakes can still pop a no-transversal frigate, I'm happy.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I personally really liked to have one or two HICs in any fleet bigger than frigates, because there always exists the possibility that at some point you will be trying to camp a gate or need defensive bubbles—and here's the part where HICs shine—for an extended period. You can do either of those things just as well with a DIC, IFF your DICs each brought a gorillion bubble probes XAND your DICs are able to be at the keyboard to maintain constant uptime. Since it is exceedingly likely that one or both of those XAND arguments will not be true, it is better to have some HICs in those situations who can just turn on their bubble generator modules and go AFK to make a sandwich for all you care and the bubble will stay up and in position without ever running out of ammo; plus, this lets you position your DICs around the grid, cloaked, so that they can warp in to get the :c00lbert: ~perfect~ :master: ~tackle~ :getin: if/when the fight starts.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Fox_bat posted:

She started a freight conglomerate and got more pilots than she ever thought possible.

God loving drat it I just finished training SDI V AAAAAARGH

Hyperbole, but, all the same I am always amused at the timing of these things.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Those are barely nerfs at all. :\ Woo, a whopping 3% damage reduction!

They did a 25% damage reduction for sentries in Ishtars, earlier, and guess what? Everybody still uses loving Ishtars.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Fox_bat posted:

Seconding my appreciation here. I'd been brainstorming getting something like that off the ground, so it was nice to see someone going ahead and doing it anyway.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Someday, t here will be a fleet doctrine that uses Sacrelieges. Someday. :negative:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Someday, t here will be a fleet doctrine that uses Sacrelieges. Someday. :negative:

I think Theta uses some for anti support with the zealots.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I still maintain that they need to give DLAs the fitting requirements of a battleship sized weapon. This would bring the engagement range of ishtars back in line with literally every other hac in the game other than sniper muninns which suck dick at dps anyways

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A bit unrelated for EVE, but on the topic of spaceships etc., The Planetary Society are going to try and launch a solar sail next year.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theplanetarysociety/lightsail-a-revolutionary-solar-sailing-spacecraft

I vaguely recall there being a solar sail styled ship in EVE but can't remember its name or what it was used for.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
The zephyr, for wormhole sightseeing iirc.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that was it. Shame it's not used much, but then again I don't think it had much going for it like with a bunch of other novelty ships CCP made.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah that was it. Shame it's not used much, but then again I don't think it had much going for it like with a bunch of other novelty ships CCP made.

It made for a decent poster.

I believe there's a whole series of them.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

A bit unrelated for EVE, but on the topic of spaceships etc., The Planetary Society are going to try and launch a solar sail next year.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theplanetarysociety/lightsail-a-revolutionary-solar-sailing-spacecraft

I vaguely recall there being a solar sail styled ship in EVE but can't remember its name or what it was used for.

brb posting a kickstarter to have you keelhauled in space when it makes its maiden voyage

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?
I think it has a niche use by wormholes since it isn't targeted by sleepers, so they can scan down and mark sites or something?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

It made for a decent poster.

I believe there's a whole series of them.

I am but a titan pilot.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

I still maintain that they need to give DLAs the fitting requirements of a battleship sized weapon. This would bring the engagement range of ishtars back in line with literally every other hac in the game other than sniper muninns which suck dick at dps anyways

BLACK LEGION IS MUNINN

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

This thing launched yesterday (http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/launch-of-first-private-solar-sail-powered-spacecraft-set-for-wednesday-video/ and http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/us/ual-space-plane-planetary-society-solar-sail-launch/), along with a host of other things.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Mitsuo posted:

I think it has a niche use by wormholes since it isn't targeted by sleepers, so they can scan down and mark sites or something?

Yes, they can go to the sites and make bookmarks for escalations without triggering the site.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Is MoA still trying to poo poo up YA0 with interceptors? On a related note, what's a good ship to welp into a gang of interceptors, but still take down a few of them in the process? RLML Caracal?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

various cheeses posted:

Is MoA still trying to poo poo up YA0 with interceptors? On a related note, what's a good ship to welp into a gang of interceptors, but still take down a few of them in the process? RLML Caracal?

Smartbombing Vindicator due to ship size.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I vaguely remember last time I played the idea of Stealth Bombers being introduced. Are those a (useful) thing nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Does the zephyr npc immunity thing work for all types of npcs? Or is it just in wormholes?

various cheeses posted:

On a related note, what's a good ship to welp into a gang of interceptors, but still take down a few of them in the process? RLML Caracal?
RLML caracal is too good, they'll just run away because you'd trade two or three for one.

Ciaphas posted:

I vaguely remember last time I played the idea of Stealth Bombers being introduced. Are those a (useful) thing nowadays?
Yes, bombs are capable of wiping out entire fleets.

• Locked thread