Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
they still have pep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Madrid have finally run out of top managers who are available to hire after sacking them all

Once they're done with Rafael Tim Sherwood is next

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Harry Redknapp
Sam Allardyce

England has a lot to offer!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Moyes is already in Spain, seems like the best choice to me, he is a winner.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Marca.com had a poll recently asking people who was responsible for RM's lovely season and Florentino Perez wasn't even an option lol

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Neil Redfearn is available

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
just a reminder that madrid hired queiroz as manager so anybody could be the next choice

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

poo poo Farm posted:

just a reminder that madrid hired queiroz as manager so anybody could be the next choice

and Vanderlei Luxemburgo

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
it owns that RM fans love Florentino

it owns

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegay posted:

It's not a joke to be all gloom and doom about Rafa. Its such a bad choice

Honestly, I don't know. I'm just not convinced that he's going to flop. It's gonna end one of two ways, either he's going to do really well or get sacked after 10 games. Obviously, whatever happens, Rafa is going to be an interim holdover as they keep grooming Zidane. I fully expected him to succeed Carlo, I guess he's deemed not to be ready yet.

But yeah, I can't believe Florentino is giving Carlo the boot. This is literally retarded, Real Madrid.txt at its worst.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

mackintosh posted:

Honestly, I don't know. I'm just not convinced that he's going to flop. It's gonna end one of two ways, either he's going to do really well or get sacked after 10 games. Obviously, whatever happens, Rafa is going to be an interim holdover as they keep grooming Zidane. I fully expected him to succeed Carlo, I guess he's deemed not to be ready yet.

But yeah, I can't believe Florentino is giving Carlo the boot. This is literally retarded, Real Madrid.txt at its worst.

Based on Rafa's history he'll just be slightly underwhelming.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

blue footed boobie posted:

Based on Rafa's history he'll just be slightly underwhelming.

hes not underwhelming hes perfect. hes my idol.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Florentino is insane wtf

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
wait this is actually happening? lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tbp posted:

hes not underwhelming hes perfect. hes my idol.

Rafa is everything to me.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Parody Threads posted:

wait this is actually happening? lol

It seems to be, lots of papers are saying Carlo is getting axed. Not sure on the Rafa thing though.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ancelotti is rumored to go to Barcelona while Rafa is rumored to join Real.

Silly season started great.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Nobody is going to Barcelona because there are elections this summer and the next president is the one who's going to decide who's the manager

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

El Hefe posted:

Nobody is going to Barcelona because there are elections this summer and the next president is the one who's going to decide who's the manager

Spanish football is loving hilarious.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Carlo is coming home and thassa fact.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Spanish football is loving hilarious.

Agreed, I'd rather the clubs be owned by stupid Americans like in the EPL.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hmmm if only there were football leagues in europe that weren't owned by arab russian or american blood money hmmmm

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Uh surely the guy who's doing quite well now isn't going anywhere.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Ewar Woowar posted:

Uh surely the guy who's doing quite well now isn't going anywhere.

Luis Enrique has one more year in his contract but he hasn't said if he's staying next season or not, again it also depends on the next president.

Bartomeu said he's going to resign after the CL final and then there will be elections, if Barca wins the triplete Bartomeu himself might win the elections who knows.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't Rafa win La Liga twice with Valencia?

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
More than a decade ago.

Nothing about Benitez to Madrid makes sense. The football his teams play will be disliked at the Bernabeu, the players he has at his disposal are not at all the type he needs, he will not get the players he wants which means he'll be angry and will complain publicly, and the players have just had two coaches who are (in theory) friendly and have good relationships with them.

Ancelotti is not by any means perfect, but his flaws / negatives can be mitigated by, y'know, sitting down with him and actually working together, instead of whatever the hell it is Real Madrid's board does.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

he's a stop gap solution who will do okay until the manager they really want (whoever that is) is available in a year or two

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

euroboy posted:

he's a stop gap solution who will do okay until the manager they really want (whoever that is) is available in a year or two

why not keep ancelotti then?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

this loving retarded club, Ancelotti won the loving decima and should be held in higher regard than being dragged through the media circus by AS and Marca.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

a cool thing would be if Floro just kept making the club grow its revenue, which he is very good at, and then stayed out of the sporting side, which he is very bad at, imo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I should have taken you on that bet that he'd not be the manager next season

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

*takes on stats glasses* Ancelotti has the highest win % of any Real Madrid managers and has won us more trophies than Mourinho while not being a oval office????

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I heard it's mostly because Ancelotti wants out.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hegay posted:

*takes on stats glasses* Ancelotti has the highest win % of any Real Madrid managers and has won us more trophies than Mourinho while not being a oval office????

ancelottis chelsea were better than mourinhos too

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ronniegardocki posted:

ancelottis chelsea were better than mourinhos too

Agreed my friend. Like I could understand this if we finished third or forth and was knocked out early in Champions League

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Hegay posted:

Agreed my friend. Like I could understand this if we finished third or forth and was knocked out early in Champions League

I can understand why you're angry but aren't you used to it by now?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Suqit posted:

This is drastic even for Madrid

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

This is drastic even for Madrid

Not really.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
There is a certain (bad) logic to some of the stupid poo poo that Florentino has done before, but not this one.

The talk before these rumors was that the club wasn't very happy with Ancelotti, but there weren't really better options out there. That's a realistic analysis of the situation.

Saying 'well it turns out Benitez is available, that changes things' is really insane. I don't even hate Benitez, he's just a bewildering option. I could see the (bad) logic in Florentino wanting to hire a younger, trendy manager or something, or a guy who plays 'good football'… I wouldn't agree with that, but I can see where he gets that idea. Benitez? I truly don't understand what about Benitez could be appealing to anyone in Real Madrid right now.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Suqit posted:

You never get used to it. You always hope and dream and delude yourself. Personally I hope this ends the same way for Florentino as it did the last time.

• Locked thread