Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Noon tomorrow they are aiming for heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
So can you make beastlords and berserkers or are those locked? Never been on ground floor of a TLP

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

darkhand posted:

So can you make beastlords and berserkers or are those locked? Never been on ground floor of a TLP

For this one, they're locked to the appropriate expansion. Years before either get added.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
So is there going to be an official goon guild or splinter guilds?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

There are trade windows now? loving Trammies.

si
Apr 26, 2004
People wanted the EQ classic experience, this sounds fairly accurate to it to me.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Pretty lovely how they've launched it "for real", but are still treading water and treating it like a public beta test. A wipe will be incoming, and people can enjoy having to /petition in order to get Marketplace items back.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-update-thread.221074/

I'm keep my hands off for a few days until it has stabilized a bit.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Sadly I've been waiting for this for a couple months and semi set aside time for it. Finished my last final of the semester this morning so now just twiddling my thumbs.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

They moved the tradeskill vendors again.

What loving dev has a hard on for destroying eqtraders?

Oh it wasnt even intentional, they werent moved they were just taken down by accident and they dont know how to put them back up?!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/if-it-aint-broke-why-mess-with-it.220731/

Thanks ragefire. What a comically dumb company DBG is turning out to be

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 21, 2015

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

They moved the tradeskill vendors again.

What loving dev has a hard on for destroying eqtraders?

Oh it wasnt even intentional, they werent moved they were just taken down by accident and they dont know how to put them back up?!

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/if-it-aint-broke-why-mess-with-it.220731/

TLP is leaking.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

There's 300 people in login chat :psyduck:

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
The nerdrage is comical at this point.

Such self-entitlement for a 15+ year old game.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

darkhand posted:

There's 300 people in login chat :psyduck:

welcome 2 1999

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
It's your guys own fault for not upgrading to a 14.4 from that pathetic slow 9600

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

Huh what? How could anyone have seriously expected anything else. This is not them "turning out to be" anything, just more of the same. Hell, how old is :soe: anyways?

Also, lol at people still planning vacations from work for any type of MMO anything event (launch, expac, server, etc). We've been doing this at least 16 years now. You *know* it'll be poo poo.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Server is set to launch "officially" in about 20 mins, 6pm PST.

Here's to hoping it goes smoothly.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

xZAOx posted:

Huh what? How could anyone have seriously expected anything else. This is not them "turning out to be" anything, just more of the same. Hell, how old is :soe: anyways?

Also, lol at people still planning vacations from work for any type of MMO anything event (launch, expac, server, etc). We've been doing this at least 16 years now. You *know* it'll be poo poo.

VOA, ROF, cotf, and TDs all had pretty smooth launches. There were content bugs from ignoring beta feedback or not beta testing. But there weren't any server stability issues.

Basfreak67 posted:

Server is set to launch "officially" in about 20 mins, 6pm PST.

Here's to hoping it goes smoothly.

:soe:

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004

Login server already down.

Time to play some League till the server room fire dies down.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I logged in, reserved 2 names, ran into the noobie zone, client crashed, now I can't get logged back in.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Honestly, I'm disappointed I couldn't log in to steal the names of people that are extremely irritating on the EQLive boards. Someone take Vaclav if you can. The dude, somehow, used an analogy that killing children in war zones is acceptable when talking about something Everquest related. He's also one of those insufferable TLP fanatics that have graphical TLP sigs.

I don't know about you, but I think talking about killing children being necessary in war is worse than Godwinning.

Node fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 22, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Can you link his posts?

People are SO loving MAD they can't play their ~Classic Everquest~
It's really funny people haven't played in like 14 years and don't have a clue how EQ is run or any MMO is run AT ALL.

I mean I kinda wanted to play today too, but people are threatening unsubbing and stuff over 2 hours lol.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

Can you link his posts?

It's really funny people haven't played in like 14 years and don't have a clue how EQ is run or any MMO is run AT ALL.

I mean I kinda wanted to play today too, but people are threatening unsubbing and stuff over 2 hours lol.

No I can't, the post, unsurprisingly, was deleted, when he started talking about killing children in war sometimes being a necessity.

I completely forgot how that had anything to do with Everquest, sadly the posts have been nuked.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Managed to get in and level a monk to 3. Luckily they boosted the skill caps for weapon skills at lower levels so bare fists won't be terrible come Lv.7.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Classic monk is actually pretty broken afaik. Like they revamped fist dmg ratio a long time ago but it's reactive at lower levels. Normally who gives a poo poo, but on progressive stuff they can be pretty strong.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

darkhand posted:

Can you link his posts?

To be frank, you're forgetting that people are paying for an All Access sub in order to be able to play on the TLP server. There are people who paid to sub, made a character and now had their characters wiped. On the other hand, I'm not surprised nor naive enough to think that this TLP launch will be super smooth.

I'm not raging against Daybreak though, the people are the same monkeys that worked at SOE. Besides layoffs, it's extremely unlikely that anything major has changed with the people, development, operations and QA processes that keep EQ up.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
For the first time in 15 years I trained griffins into the (east) Commons tunnel and killed about ten people. I got a killshot of an ogre mid-fall to his death.

:q:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Node posted:

For the first time in 15 years I trained griffins into the (east) Commons tunnel and killed about ten people. I got a killshot of an ogre mid-fall to his death.

:q:

Man, you're going to be in such trouble when the GMs...on wait, nevermind.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

Honestly, I'm disappointed I couldn't log in to steal the names of people that are extremely irritating on the EQLive boards. Someone take Vaclav if you can. The dude, somehow, used an analogy that killing children in war zones is acceptable when talking about something Everquest related. He's also one of those insufferable TLP fanatics that have graphical TLP sigs.

I managed to get all of my names when I got home at 2am last night.

Even snagged Lila..

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Are any goons going to legit play there? I'm definitely going to be farting around on there every once in a while.
If more people decide to do stuff I'd be more serious about it though.

I bought a stupid amount fire beetle eyes for like 1plat and got to level4 last night, wonder how far that will scale.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 22, 2015

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I've been playing and enjoying myself. I haven't played since I was like 12 years old back in 2000. I'm playing with my brother and some friends. I'm Myrddin, a fifth level half elf druid based around Qeynos. I'll mainly be playing with my real life people but I'd be down to group with goons too. We've started a guild, and while I can't invite people yet goons are more than welcome to join if there doesn't end up being an official goon guild. We might play a lot but we're pretty casual.

Minnesota Manatee fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 22, 2015

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

You prob dont want to invite darkhand into your guild, he is 2/2 when it comes to killing a guild

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

3/3 actually. RIP ascending fearboners/ominous Latin words

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
1:13 in the afternoon and Ragefire is at capacity :bravo:

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So If I install EQ via steam, and sign up for "all access", Ragefire should show up on the server selection screen, right? That's all I need to do?

Decided to install it via steam on home PC while at work, think I am gonna check it out tonight, if it works at all. :P

Probably going to make an Erudite Necromancer. Stonebrunt/the Warrens are in, right?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah and I'm pretty sure Toxx/Warrens has some of the best ZEMs in the game. ZEMs have been hosed around so much it's hard to know for sure.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

Yeah and I'm pretty sure Toxx/Warrens has some of the best ZEMs in the game. ZEMs have been hosed around so much it's hard to know for sure.

Permafrost's ZEM is also insane.

When the Permafrost HH first happened, my last guild had a group down in the wolf pits grinding AAs for like 3 days straight.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Alright! Just got home from work. 3 day weekend. Let's play some old school Everquest!

:(

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dirt posted:

Alright! Just got home from work. 3 day weekend. Let's play some old school Everquest!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Harettazetta posted:

Ragefire Simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Managed to get in finally. Running around in a packed Paineel.

I need to turn Luclin models off, they look so goofy :P