Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Holy poo poo. More episodes like that one, please.

"This is Tyreese! I'm playing Kenickie on Broadway in Grease! WOO!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

If you do the twitter thing you should follow S. Epatha Merkerson: https://twitter.com/s_epatha/

It's jumped to 11.1k from 11k already, and I've fallen in love with the idea of her suddenly getting thousands more followers because of Pete Holmes hijacking a game on a podcast

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I will never get tired of Pete messing with Doug. He's easily my #1 best guest

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It probably helps that all of them had seen F&F movies and most of them saw Furious 7 so they had something to riff off. There was a lot of comedy gold in the early parts of this episode. Once they got to the games it fell off a bit for me. My perfect episode would be like this one but with guests that weren't so ADD so they could actually play the LMG effectively.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Doug finally breaking and riffing along with the others made up for how little they actually accomplished, I think, and guessing how many Twitter followers random celebrities have is as entertaining as any of the other non-Maltin games they play. That might have just been the guests, though.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Pete was getting annoying and then he said "it's just a mirror," when Doug asked if there was a shithead on the back of his name tag, and I fell in love again.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The guests are absolutely terrible in this latest episode. Holy poo poo.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Ooh, new ep with Graham Elwood, Bert Kreischer and two other dudes! Can't wait to not listen!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Ooh, new ep with Graham Elwood, Bert Kreischer and two other dudes! Can't wait to not listen!

I tend to like Elwood more than most, but this episode was pretty awful. Elwood was fine, but he was barely able to speak in light of Bert Kreischer's awfulness and that local comedian screaming everything at the top of his lungs to try and make a name for himself. It got to the point where Elwood started getting really mad when Kreischer kept stalling, and Doug "joked" that he wouldn't hate it if the booth cut his mike. They also started throwing donuts around, and I just felt terrible for the wait staff.

You're fine to skip.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 22, 2015

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

I was considering buying tickets to this show. Good thing I let apathy prevent me from driving up to SF.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I thought Bert Kreischer was much better than the last time he was on, the local comedian was loud and not as funny as he thought he was. Worse than the random guy he pulled from the crowd in the recent episode because someone didn't show.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Olewithmilk posted:

I thought Bert Kreischer was much better than the last time he was on, the local comedian was loud and not as funny as he thought he was. Worse than the random guy he pulled from the crowd in the recent episode because someone didn't show.

Team Ben forever.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Haruharuharuko posted:

Team Ben forever.

Agreed, I hope he brings him back sometime so we know how many more times he's watched Pitch Black.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Ben Bailey.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
If you enjoy Graham Elwood, you're gonna love his entrance in the latest episode.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't know a better place to complain about Graham Elwood so I'll say he and Chris both were pretty insufferable in their CFN Mad Max spoiler cast. They kept insisting that the world of Mad Max was a realistic look at how the world might eventually be.

As for DLM is been totally fine for the most part lately. No stand out shows but not terrible bad either. Haven't listened to the new one yet though.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Mola Yam posted:

If you enjoy Graham Elwood, you're gonna love his entrance in the latest episode.

That's a mighty big if.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Binowru posted:

That's a mighty big if.

He was being sarcastic anyway. Graham immediately blows out the audio by making an annoying alarm sound over and over and even one of the guests remarks on how badly he overdoes it. No one would enjoy it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mola Yam posted:

I deleted it the moment I saw it was Graham and two guys I've never heard of. So I'm super glad I avoided hearing him whistle or whatever the hell he did.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding this episode is a nightmare

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Graham on Doug Loves Movies is constantly doing a bit, seemingly oblivious to the fact that pretending to be annoying is the same thing as genuinely being annoying.

The weirdest part is, he's not the only one who's an rear end in a top hat on this podcast, but fine elsewhere. I was convinced for a long time that TJ Miller was the most insufferable man on earth until I saw him on Never Not Funny and he was actually cool and pleasant.

The atmosphere of DLM does things to people.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Not Operator posted:

Graham on Doug Loves Movies is constantly doing a bit, seemingly oblivious to the fact that pretending to be annoying is the same thing as genuinely being annoying.

The weirdest part is, he's not the only one who's an rear end in a top hat on this podcast, but fine elsewhere. I was convinced for a long time that TJ Miller was the most insufferable man on earth until I saw him on Never Not Funny and he was actually cool and pleasant.

The atmosphere of DLM does things to people.

I think it's pretty clear that doug likes loving with people, he loves it when people correct him or make a big deal out of something stupid. I'm sure that's why he has guests like Graham on, it riles people up for some reason.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Mola Yam posted:

Turned it off pretty much immediately. I've never really understood the animosity towards the guy until now. Jesus gently caress, what an irritating oval office.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wasn't it great when all these lovely road shows came out once in a while instead of literally every week

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Wasn't it great when all these lovely road shows came out once in a while instead of literally every week

I think Doug is phasing out of doing free shows at UCB. If you look at their calendar, he's only scheduled for once this month. Seems like he's transitioning towards doing shows at the Nerdist Theater more often but we'll see.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I bet its because the UCB won't let him throw donuts.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The final Super Tournament of Championships dropped this week, in case anyone missed it. Good episode, definitely worth the $2.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'll say this. Parking is way worse at nerdist and its in an even more inconvenient part of Hollywood. So I can't wait for his rant about how small the audience is.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Comedians talking about traffic and/or parking in LA is my favourite part of podcasts.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
So, did Geoff Tate eventually beat April Macie to death? I had to turn it off 10 minutes in, but I'd be willing to power through if I knew the episode had a happy ending.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Inkspot posted:

So, did Geoff Tate eventually beat April Macie to death? I had to turn it off 10 minutes in, but I'd be willing to power through if I knew the episode had a happy ending.

She ends up just exasperated with Shane Mauss, her manic depressive ex-boyfriend, and everyone complains about him while he apologizes for most of the rest of the show. I also found her intolerable from the moment Doug started talking to her, but once the show becomes a roast of Shane that's more sad than mean, it turns out to be pretty B- with no further intolerability from April. Still the worst Geoff Tate episode in recent memory, though.

Train Surgeon
Jan 14, 2012
Latest ep has the new 'Reverse Maltin' , could use some finetuning, but nice concept I'd like to see return.
More obscure movies instead of those played for now will be hard as gently caress, might make for some great gameplay.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Train Surgeon posted:

Latest ep has the new 'Reverse Maltin' , could use some finetuning, but nice concept I'd like to see return.
More obscure movies instead of those played for now will be hard as gently caress, might make for some great gameplay.

What's reverse Maltin? And is it worth listening to a Graham Elwood episode to hear it?

Train Surgeon
Jan 14, 2012
Choose one out of 3 movies, then bid (starting from 0) as to the maximun amount of cast members (out of those Leonard lists) you can name until someone forces you.
Not necessarily in the correct order (as of now) though. So for example :

Category : The park is open. Choose from Gosford Park,Mansfield Park or Jurassic Park.
Guest chooses JP , after bidding someone ends up with 5 names and has to name , so says Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Samuel L. Jackson and chokes up.
Challenger gets the point while everyone restrains themselves from screaming out Wayne Knight,Richard Attenborough, etc.

Elwood's the same as ever unfortunately, I mostly skip right to the games with those kinds of guests anyway.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
In order?
I quit listening when the big Live with local comedians binge happened but came back for Ray and Sheen recently . Were there any good eps in the past six months?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Viginti posted:

In order?

Reverse Maltin doesn't have to be in order. However I could see Doug introducing that down the line like he did with negative names.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

What's reverse Maltin? And is it worth listening to a Graham Elwood episode to hear it?

It is an Elwood episode, and he's the same as always, but it's also a Geoff Tate and "Mark Wahlberg" episode, so it's worth it.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
I dunno about you guys but I love Elwood. April Macie and Mauss having that weird back-and-forth recently was uncomfortable, though. I'd really like to know whether or not Doug had any clue they were like that before starting the show. I feel bad for that show's live audience who got to sit through an uncomfortable series of exchanges between exes.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Reverse Maltin seems more suited to drunk comedians. Give them a movie, have them list everyone they can remember being in the movie. Simple. Geoff pulling eight Ghostbusters cast members was a near-perfect victory and a great example. Shame on Maltin for including Reginald VelJohnson.

Ghost Stromboli posted:

I dunno about you guys but I love Elwood.

Graham is fine, but he has a tendency to take over as co-host, and not in the fun way that Pete Holmes or TJ Miller pull off.

I miss Samm, ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
If you really, really miss Samm, I think he's still the sidekick on Kevin Pollak's podcast. I like him fine as a guest but sometimes he gets weirdly competitive. I get that he's excited to show off his knowledge about movies, but he seems to actually get mad if some comedian gets in the way of him showing it off.

• Locked thread