Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

a!n posted:

Some guy just rage quit after he lost with his Ibuki after counterpicking with C. Viper after losing with his Cammy. I play Dhalsim :v:

In all fairness, if you don't know the matchup, Dhalsim can be the most frustrating puzzlebox. Not that I'm implying that Dhalsim players don't put in work. Far from it. I respect the hell out of anyone that can make stretch's game work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

40 OZ posted:

Yes, great point.

Jumping is the hallmark of beginner play for a good reason, because it is extremely strong. Even people who just started know to jump fierce, fierce, fierce special and hit you with a whopper.

When both players can't land combos or confirm into supers/ultras, it is really the only thing you have to be scared of. They might be wrong for jumping alot, but if you can't anti air, they are doing crazy damage to you.

This is why anti-air is the most important thing for a new player to get under control. If you are new and you play a character that has 4-5 different AA's for slightly different spacing, you will just get murdered for a long time. You won't figure it out.

What this guy said. You want to start winning games in days, rather than over a week. Play boxer. Learn boxer. Then, maybe, look at other chars.

From a hawk who loves to destroy 5k bp boxers with footsies but has to work for every single hit because boxer is so good. Yeah, boxer nearly won Evo when everyone else was doing vortexes? Tells you something.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
It tells you PR Balrog is really loving good.

Down to sub 1k PP during my quarterly character crisis. Good times.

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

Foodahn posted:

It tells you PR Balrog is really loving good.

Down to sub 1k PP during my quarterly character crisis. Good times.

You wanna beat scrubs for their foolishness, boxer is where it's at. you wanna wait to do your training mode combo then sure, choose sakura.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

impulse 7 effect posted:

You wanna beat scrubs for their foolishness, boxer is where it's at. you wanna wait to do your training mode combo then sure, choose sakura.

Or Cammy, or Ibuki.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like my Sakura combos thanks

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Anyone know where's a good place in Shanghai to get some SF4 action?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/22/ultra-street-fighter-iv-hits-ps4-tuesday-new-enhancements-detailed/

quote:

The big update: Ultra Street Fighter IV will support PS4 FightSticks, of course. But we’ve also included Lab Zero’s drivers so that USFIV will support licensed PS3 FightSticks as well. For more details on how this will work, please check the Capcom Unity or Lab Zero sites after the game launches on May 26.

USFIV is using the Lab Zero patch, so PS3 sticks are supported.

loving shocked at that.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Whoaaaaaaa, holy poo poo. gently caress, that's awesome. Hopefully things get ironed out for Evo since MKX is a mess with it currently. I'm guessing TO's dedicating 2 pads for each console could solve most issues since I think the driver still requires a DS4 sync'd for it to work.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I was gonna skip Ultra PS4 because I still don't have a TE2 yet but if my TE1 will work with it then yeah sure I'll throw the cash down.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Wow, bad timing for me. I just bought 2 ps4 TE fightsticks and gave away my ps3 ones yesterday, in anticipation for Tuesday.

Edit: Still awesome news for everyone else though!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
So a friend is asking about a video I linked him like months ago probably while drunk.
All he can remember is that it was with Hakan sliding the gently caress around everywhere(Which doesn't really narrow it down :v: ) and "The title was something like video gamings biggest crimes or smth"

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Nalesh posted:

So a friend is asking about a video I linked him like months ago probably while drunk.
All he can remember is that it was with Hakan sliding the gently caress around everywhere(Which doesn't really narrow it down :v: ) and "The title was something like video gamings biggest crimes or smth"

Was it that time someone counterpicked PR Rog's Balrog with Hakan?

a!n
Apr 26, 2013

BlueArmyMan posted:

That someone would be Infiltration.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/22/ultra-street-fighter-iv-hits-ps4-tuesday-new-enhancements-detailed/

USFIV is using the Lab Zero patch, so PS3 sticks are supported.

loving shocked at that.

Does this mean my PS3 Madcatz fightpads will work too?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Hope that booting a PS360 into PS3 mode works so I don't have to remember to reset every 8 minutes.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

KingShiro posted:

Hope that booting a PS360 into PS3 mode works so I don't have to remember to reset every 8 minutes.

I think that's a seperate mode, actually. The most recent update boots into it by default on a ps4.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

KingShiro posted:

akishop made a firmware update specifically to work with the labzero patch. you'll be fine.

KOMI posted:

Does this mean my PS3 Madcatz fightpads will work too?

yes.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Ah, cool. I must have overlooked that in the update info.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

BlueArmyMan posted:

Doubt it, he didn't even remember it was sf4 at first, described hakan as an "oily arab dude" :v:
It's probably some troll video in the vein of zangitroll but with hakan, apparently had obnoxious music too.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can get completely owned by every player online. gently caress up every single match I play. Almost drown in my own salt.
But at least I know that if I watch a DarkSydePhil SF4 video and I can honestly tell myself that at least I'm not as dumb and retarded as this guy.
drat.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
You probably are

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEEm42wogYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsPTW1Otr4w

screen capture footage from USFIV Ps4, supposedly, in arcade mode.

Looks like SF4.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its up on the psn store now

eu and na

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hell yeah time to pay for this game again

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh man the announcer comes out of the speaker on the controller

(edit: at the title screen)

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 22:26 on May 26, 2015

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
They should make the Super announcer come out of the TV and the Vanilla announcer come out of the controller. At the same time. If you have a headset have Seth Killian come out of that.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Time to get back into this Goddamn game once again. I'm stoked.

Dare I main Rolento this time around? I think it's going to be either him or Cody. As much as I loved terrorizing people with Blanka, it's time to move on.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

strangemusic posted:

Time to get back into this Goddamn game once again. I'm stoked.

Dare I main Rolento this time around? I think it's going to be either him or Cody. As much as I loved terrorizing people with Blanka, it's time to move on.

rolento is the most fun i've had with any iteration of sf4

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I really miss how crazy nuts Rolento was in the Alpha series. 3 especially. It felt like he was too fast and crazy for the game yet felt right because of it.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
ps4 version is booty buttcheeks

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

ps4 version is booty buttcheeks

whats wrong with it

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

burger time posted:

whats wrong with it

https://twitter.com/WTHamad/status/603323517031960577

real answer: its still sf4

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

That's super smart cus then they just remove it when you play online and it's like boom first delayless netplay evr

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://vine.co/v/ebAMieTpnT3

decapre tp got nerfed i guess

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hahahahahahahahahahhahah

PS4 EVO LETS GO

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Laaaaaame.

Playstation goons, add brainwaave - online where I am is a wasteland and I want to fight against people who can teach me things.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also the title menu still says press start

there is no start button on the dual shock 4

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011