Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I forgot Achewood was in color for a while, what was up with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I would pay a decent amount for an enlarged version of the "HUSH YE TO A MAN" and "A CHIP GOLD AND TRUE" panels.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05042009

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Go RV! posted:

I would pay a decent amount for an enlarged version of the "HUSH YE TO A MAN" and "A CHIP GOLD AND TRUE" panels.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05042009

Thanks for the idea!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Zefiel posted:

Thanks for the idea!

he probably did, dude's kinda a jerk like that and all

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Aztec posted:

Someone ask him for a hand painted picture of the second cookbook.

I emailed him attempting to commission a painting of it

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Pony Incident posted:

Look what I found!

so that's where my :10bux: went

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like someone's been havin' a lot of fun, learning as they go.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Life imitates art.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

High Lord Elbow posted:

Life imitates art.

alls I know is, I've been saying "you can do whatever you want in life" for years, but this is the first time I've truly *believed*.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
Was going through storage bins today and found a Teodor figurine I made at the height of my Achewood enthusiasm:

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Pretty nice but I imagine Teodor as significantly pudgier than that.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Ezzer posted:

Pretty nice but I imagine Teodor as significantly pudgier than that.

tvb's camera has Mexican magical realism.

E: Same thing happened to me last year when I bought that RV where it was always rainin' inside.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I don't think I'll ever have as much trouble letting go of something as I have achewood until my wife dies

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

bitmap posted:

I don't think I'll ever have as much trouble letting go of something as I have achewood until my wife dies
He was your Elvis, and when your Elvis dies, so does the private lie that someday you will be young once again, and feel at capricious intervals the weightlessness of a joy that is unchecked by the injuries of experience and failure.

In other words, Achewood is a metaphor for itself.

Welcome to the only game in town.

PFFF

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Potato Jones posted:

In other words, Achewood is a metaphor for itself.

Welcome to the only game in town.

and death goes to the winner?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

fyodor posted:

and death goes to the winner?

Everyone's a winner!

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
So can his artisanal sodas be bought online? I'm conflicted by his statement that he created pompous fizz water to have something to drink with his expensive meals and the fact that they actually sound like they might be good.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

motherfucker thinks he can have birthdays when i don't even have a cookbook!?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
better send out the cookbooks or that birthday announcement gonna turn into an obituary real fast

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Verily you squander not a wisp of breath nor soil the bosom of reason dear Todd."

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bonvivant posted:

So can his artisanal sodas be bought online? I'm conflicted by his statement that he created pompous fizz water to have something to drink with his expensive meals and the fact that they actually sound like they might be good.

Even if they are, why would you give him money over the Internet, given the very real chance he'll just gently caress off with it?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Even if they are, why would you give him money over the Internet, given the very real chance he'll just gently caress off with it?

You just get a bottle with a note in it that promises that the soda is coming.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The year: 2051.

The place: an online forum (in space)

"Sure Chris Onstad might've written the great American novel, heralded a new golden age in experimental soda production and successfully created an internationally popular series of Acheworld Theme Parks - BUT WHERE'S MY COOKBOOK".

Let it go already.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, you all rag on Onstand, but nobody says anything when Lowtax has stolen all of your tendollars and is living it up in sunny Bahamas while the servers slowly melt down into slag.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Let it go already.

dude committed fraud, so no.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dude committed fraud, so no.

Yeah kinda this, I'm not losing sleep over it but that does not exactly mean giving him money is a good decision

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hahaha man nerds mad about 15 dollars they spent on the internet is such an insanely huge thing but I always forget how weird people are about it. All these people literally believe that some guy loving up and doing a bad job selling a thing is so awful and fraudulent that they're going to hold on to it for the rest of eternity. I wonder how you guys would have reacted to John Campbell's kickstarter.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

ChairMaster posted:

Hahaha man nerds mad about 15 dollars they spent on the internet is such an insanely huge thing but I always forget how weird people are about it. All these people literally believe that some guy loving up and doing a bad job selling a thing is so awful and fraudulent that they're going to hold on to it for the rest of eternity. I wonder how you guys would have reacted to John Campbell's kickstarter.

A guy sold a thing and then didn't deliver and then pretended like it didn't happen. I mean, goons ordered the product, so obviously we're all a bunch of big nerdbabies for expecting anything for our money, but isn't that the kind of thing people go to jail for? I could have sworn there was a law about that.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yea you lost $15 half a decade ago. Surely this unending hate is justified, you could have bought like two and a half sandwiches with that money.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
2.5 lovely sandwiches maybe. More like 2.0 good ones.

Chris Onstad owes me two sandwiches, plus interest.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

ChairMaster posted:

Yea you lost $15 half a decade ago. Surely this unending hate is justified, you could have bought like two and a half sandwiches with that money.

I don't know if anyone hates the guy, I think it's mostly a reaction to the idea of giving him more money. But, no, I mean goons are fat lol sandwiches

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Skyscraper posted:

I don't know if anyone hates the guy, I think it's mostly a reaction to the idea of giving him more money. But, no, I mean goons are fat lol sandwiches

It's not only fat people that eat sandwiches, people from all walks of life eat them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah man it's totally cool to take someone's money and say you're going to give them something for it and then not do that, stop being such a nerdlord pissbaby about it.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The fact that so many people believe he intentionally cooked up some master plan to screw people out of their money rather than just loving up and not being able to do the thing he thought he could is the hilarious part.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ChairMaster posted:

lol, dude, if your friend steals $15 for you, its not the $ amount that is the problem, its the fact that they stole from you

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
if you were married and your wife stole 15 dollars from you 5 years ago would you still bring it up at every single opportunity and whine about it for hours at dinner at a restaurant or at the movies or any other place you were spending money or is this kind of weird obsession reserved for webcomic artists on the internet

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

im full of poo poo posted:

if you were married and your wife stole 15 dollars from you 5 years ago would you still bring it up at every single opportunity and whine about it for hours at dinner at a restaurant or at the movies or any other place you were spending money or is this kind of weird obsession reserved for webcomic artists on the internet
Hahahaha married to the guy we ordered a thing from on the internet. That's problematic.

ChairMaster posted:

The fact that so many people believe he intentionally cooked up some master plan to screw people out of their money rather than just loving up and not being able to do the thing he thought he could is the hilarious part.
Is that what people are saying? I think people believe he got super depressed and didn't deliver and then just had no financial incentive to actually go back and write the books or have them printed or acknowledge that he took money for a thing he didn't deliver on.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ChairMaster posted:

its the fact that he brushed it under the rug and did nothing to make it right that pisses people off. he himself made a nice windfall from it, its not like he only stole $15. dude stole at least a few grand in people's money, and got away with it scot free, and then had the balls to throw the donation poo poo up on his website lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ChairMaster posted:

It doesn't matter if it's an intentional plot or just being a lazy sack of poo poo. Fraud is fraud is fraud.

Also please tell me you're going to defend John Campbell's bullshit stunt, that would be amazing.