Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

In the original, Max Rockatansky's son ("Sprog") and wife are killed by a group of Australians. The girl in the film is probably intended to be his daughter, considering she calls him "Daddy!"

There is effectively no continuity between any of the Mad Max movies so it doesn't really matter.

I must've missed the part where she called him "Daddy." I also didn't know there wasn't much continuity between the movies. Everything makes a lot more sense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Rhyno posted:

She's kind of down on her luck so I was going to swap in a new one,

I ended up yoinking a 1G Focus PBT-GF30 MAF for $$$free when I was replacing my air box because the parts lady at the JY didn't notice it :ninja:. You're welcome to have it if you can cover shipping. gently caress if I know if it works but it will be like $3 to ship first class.

I suppose I could throw it on my car and see if it works tomorrow :effort:

Should be the same MAF in the 00-04 Focus ZTW/ZTS/ZX3/ZX5

kastein posted:

Looks like you would want to check continuity on the white wire with a brown stripe from pin 1 of the MAF connector to pin 39 of the PCM connector, and continuity from the brown wire with a white stripe at pin 6 of the MAF connector to the brown wire with no stripe at pin 91 of the PCM connector. One of those (the brown and brown/white wire, it has a splice inside the loom) supplies a reference signal to the sensor, the other is the signal return. If either is broken or the sensor is open circuited and the PCM contains what's known as a "pull-up" resistor on the analog input, it'll see a constant high-limit reading and throw that DTC.

Thank you focii are notorious for electrical gremlins so this will be useful information down the road I am sure.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 22, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

Hope it's the sensor not an issue in the wiring harness. Try the sensor first, a junkyard donor is a good choice if the ebay one is garbage.

Looks like you would want to check continuity on the white wire with a brown stripe from pin 1 of the MAF connector to pin 39 of the PCM connector, and continuity from the brown wire with a white stripe at pin 6 of the MAF connector to the brown wire with no stripe at pin 91 of the PCM connector. One of those (the brown and brown/white wire, it has a splice inside the loom) supplies a reference signal to the sensor, the other is the signal return. If either is broken or the sensor is open circuited and the PCM contains what's known as a "pull-up" resistor on the analog input, it'll see a constant high-limit reading and throw that DTC.

A cheap multimeter or DMM should do the trick nicely if you have one around.

Thanks man, I will check the wires when I get the car back over here. The harness looked fine, the casing of the sensor was where the damage appeared. Gonna hit the JY Saturday morning hopefully.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

mariooncrack posted:

I also didn't know there wasn't much continuity between the movies. Everything makes a lot more sense now.

Someone else mentioned it earlier, but the Interceptor was pretty much destroyed in an earlier movie, so yea, I think each one is pretty much a stand alone, they just happen so share the same post-apocalypse setting, and a character named Max who used to be a cop.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Think of it like James bond, similar character, similar setting, never ending movies.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
One detail I just had it pointed out to me was Bullet Farm was where they raked the ground to find unspent rounds, not a munitions factory. One detail I pointed out was the spitty bottles werent gas, they were nitromethane. Gastown boss specifically lists them in the consumables. Lot of little things and details in a 2 hour long car chase.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So I've been feeling really off (physically) for almost a week.

Today I got light headed and my chest got all tight. Thabj gently caress I was right in front of a hospital.

Guess it got them freaked out enough to send me straight to ICU. Xrays ultrasound s and multiple blood draws so far. Mostly lucid, but I feel horrific, and I wont know poo poo until tomorrow.

E: blood pressure was around 195/180 and a high pulse, so they're suspecting some kind of cardio event.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 22, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Good luck dude, hopefully it's just stress or something.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
In videogame chat Project Cars is pretty killer so far. It's scratching that Forza itch that I was really worries about when I got the Ps4 instead of the Xbox.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The Locator posted:

Good luck dude, hopefully it's just stress or something.

Hopefully. They habe me dumbed down to hell with all the meds. Even the laptop keyboard is difficult right now.

And it's not the fun kind of being dumned down. :sigh:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Ugh. Doing some work on my mom's ~08 rav-4 before she gives it to my to my sister, at which point it will be completely neglected so I need to make sure at least some maintenance gets done. Both rear diff seals were leaking, so I changed them. Went fine, but it turns out you have to take a shitload of the rear multi link suspension apart to get the axle clear of the diff. Other side went pretty smoothly. I go out of town, mom calls me and is like, hey, car is still dripping from the rear end. Get back in there the other day, seems I didn't put the axle in cleanly or something and the tension spring was hanging loose on one side. I carefully put in another one in yesterday, get under there today, and it's leaking badly again. Pulled it all apart a 3rd time, can't find anything wrong. Seal is OEM, fits the diff, fits the axle, no crud in there, it's straight, etc. Maybe the lip got folded back or something so all I could do was clean everything, put new grease in the seal, and put it back together. Get to drive it around tomorrow and see if it still leaks.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

Today I got light headed and my chest got all tight. Thabj gently caress I was right in front of a hospital.

Guess it got them freaked out enough to send me straight to ICU. Xrays ultrasound s and multiple blood draws so far. Mostly lucid, but I feel horrific, and I wont know poo poo until tomorrow.

E: blood pressure was around 195/180 and a high pulse, so they're suspecting some kind of cardio event.

195/180??? drat man take it easy! Got you beat with the systolic though. When I was checked a few days ago it was 200/90 I think. Doctor is always wanting me to come in weekly or whatever for BP checks. No point to it. I know stress is driving it through the roof so on a good day it'll probably be okay.
Speaking of, I finally got a little time to have another look at the unfiltered water pipes at home. I'm fitting it out with 3/4" ag pipe. I started today but only managed to get a few minutes in. The hose is cheap but the fittings aren't, so I'm just adding one tap for now and extending it to where all the old taps were as money allows. The old 1" galvanized pipe had an effective ID of maybe 3mm from what I could see at the end. It was totally hosed. Clogged and leaky. The black poo poo that came out of the short length of copper pipe at the meter stained my hands too. Nasty stuff.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Hopefully. They habe me dumbed down to hell with all the meds. Even the laptop keyboard is difficult right now.

And it's not the fun kind of being dumned down. :sigh:

drat, I hope it's nothing serious :ohdear:

(I mean, of course light-headedness and chest tightness is serious, but I mean I hope it's nothing really serious)

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

drat man lay back and get better. That sounds rough.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Holy poo poo, look after yourself mate.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

General_Failure posted:

195/180??? drat man take it easy! Got you beat with the systolic though. When I was checked a few days ago it was 200/90 I think. Doctor is always wanting me to come in weekly or whatever for BP checks. No point to it. I know stress is driving it through the roof so on a good day it'll probably be okay.
Speaking of, I finally got a little time to have another look at the unfiltered water pipes at home. I'm fitting it out with 3/4" ag pipe. I started today but only managed to get a few minutes in. The hose is cheap but the fittings aren't, so I'm just adding one tap for now and extending it to where all the old taps were as money allows. The old 1" galvanized pipe had an effective ID of maybe 3mm from what I could see at the end. It was totally hosed. Clogged and leaky. The black poo poo that came out of the short length of copper pipe at the meter stained my hands too. Nasty stuff.

we had to replace a copper pipe at work (That of COURSE went under the foot thick base edging of an aviary...) because it just... closed itself off.. to the point of no water getting through.

We fought that black poo poo for a month before we got the system buttoned up. best bit was trying to silver solder a BSP fitting to the old copper line. Upside down. 2 feet down a mud filled hole. On 30yr old copper pipe

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Hey STR - I hope they sort you out (and you can keep up with sorting yourself out too) Get better mate.

Ferremit posted:

we had to replace a copper pipe at work (That of COURSE went under the foot thick base edging of an aviary...) because it just... closed itself off.. to the point of no water getting through.

We fought that black poo poo for a month before we got the system buttoned up. best bit was trying to silver solder a BSP fitting to the old copper line. Upside down. 2 feet down a mud filled hole. On 30yr old copper pipe

Why didn't you use a compression or push fit connector? They are great!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
That's some mighty high blood pressure :stare:

Don't die goons, at least not before painting your mouth silver and doing something awesome

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Tell me if you've heard this one before.

A gay diabetic alcoholic walks into a hospital...

(get better STR!)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just got a call from the police!

Someone broke into my old garage and I guess the oval office of a property manager gave them my name as a suspect! And to make matters worse, I adamantly denied being anywhere near there last night (I was at a benefit concert) and then recalled that I did go pick up my girlfriend from her friend's place. Her friend that still lives there. That was an awkward call back. "Uh yeah actualu officer I was over there AND I'M TOTALLY NOT MAKING MYSELF LOOK GUILTY RIGHT NOW."

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
A summary of how driving a very heavy econoline with a throttle cable that was continuously stretching during the journey up a mountain and getting passed by your own car looks like:
https://plus.google.com/101408850234678122165/posts/DcdRhBM8g3P?pid=6151708503241884498&oid=101408850234678122165

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Just got a call from the police!

Someone broke into my old garage and I guess the oval office of a property manager gave them my name as a suspect! And to make matters worse, I adamantly denied being anywhere near there last night (I was at a benefit concert) and then recalled that I did go pick up my girlfriend from her friend's place. Her friend that still lives there. That was an awkward call back. "Uh yeah actualu officer I was over there AND I'M TOTALLY NOT MAKING MYSELF LOOK GUILTY RIGHT NOW."

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.
If you're upfront and honest with them and make sure to call them sir at every chance you get in my experience this makes the interaction go much, much smoother.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

If you're upfront and honest with them and make sure to call them sir at every chance you get in my experience this makes the interaction go much, much smoother.

I was. They're still coming to visit me here at work to take a formal statement. My place of employment is also in close proximity to my previous residence so that will probably make me look additionally guilty.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Rhyno posted:

I was. They're still coming to visit me here at work to take a formal statement. My place of employment is also in close proximity to my previous residence so that will probably make me look additionally guilty.

Do you have a sleep-walking problem? Is your name Tyler Durden?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

You know you don't have to talk to them, right? If at any point you feel like they are trying to pin it on you tell them to gently caress off until you get a lawyer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ssjonizuka posted:

Do you have a sleep-walking problem? Is your name Tyler Durden?

Mmmmmmayb.

It also doesn't help that a previous landlord tried to sue me because the foundation of the house we rented CRACKED and it was obviously my fault for having heavy poo poo.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

Mmmmmmayb.

It also doesn't help that a previous landlord tried to sue me because the foundation of the house we rented CRACKED and it was obviously my fault for having heavy poo poo.

Maybe its because you were fat. Fatty fat fat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Maybe its because you were fat. Fatty fat fat.

What do you mean by "were?"

leica posted:

You know you don't have to talk to them, right? If at any point you feel like they are trying to pin it on you tell them to gently caress off until you get a lawyer.

Fully aware of this. Still doesn't look good to have the damned police show up where you work. Also worth noting there were a dozen break ins in our old complex in the two years we lived there.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Fully aware of this. Still doesn't look good to have the damned police show up where you work. Also worth noting there were a dozen break ins in our old complex in the two years we lived there.

Its time to move, or install a camera in the storage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Its time to move, or install a camera in the storage.

We did! We left that place 6 weeks ago! We've had nothing but trouble with them since we left. They keep finding new things wrong with our unit or things that are missing so this is clearly just petty on their part.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Move from Indiana? Why?

No offense Ryno, but we get a lot of people from the Midwest that stay at the resort, and the people from Indiana and Michigan are the worst.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Move from Indiana? Why?

No offense Ryno, but we get a lot of people from the Midwest that stay at the resort, and the people from Indiana and Michigan are the worst.

I'm not native!

Also we're going to vacation in Florida this fall I think. You should send me your resort details.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

PM sent jerk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

PM sent jerk.

I replied! Whoooo!

How far do you live from Ultimateforce? Maybe I can take a day trip from the resort and paint his car green for him.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Happy Friday y'all!

I'm psyched, I've got today through Tuesday off. Today is my wife's birthday so I woke up early and got us all donuts from the best place in town. Later I'm going to call my insurance company and have them give me insurance quotes on possible (bad) car purchases. Let's see what an M, F, AMG, or 9 does to those rates! I think I'll price a few new American V8s too while I'm at it. :getin:

Sunday is my birthday and I think I'm going to test drive a few bad decisions, get some poo poo done on my 02, eat a burger from the best place in my neighborhood and hopefully finally see Fury Road. You've guys have been loving killing me with your chat about how good it is!

Have an awesome weekend goons!

PS: Rhyno think about how hard it is to get the police to deal with property crime even when there is a legit criminal involved and then you'll realize how little they're going to care about a comic book nerd once they meet you. This is a procedure to check a box so that the cop can forget about it forever.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I'm not native!

Also we're going to vacation in Florida this fall I think. You should send me your resort details.

Actually, you're going to jail fucker

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ahhhhhh cop is here ahhhhhhh.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I replied! Whoooo!

How far do you live from Ultimateforce? Maybe I can take a day trip from the resort and paint his car green for him.

He's in Orlando, about a two hour drive from here.

Good luck with the po po. Lawyer up if they're being dicks!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Mat_Drinks posted:

Happy Friday y'all!

I'm psyched, I've got today through Tuesday off. Today is my wife's birthday so I woke up early and got us all donuts from the best place in town. Later I'm going to call my insurance company and have them give me insurance quotes on possible (bad) car purchases. Let's see what an M, F, AMG, or 9 does to those rates! I think I'll price a few new American V8s too while I'm at it. :getin:

AMG seems to be genuinely higher in price compared to stuff from the ///M warehouse. Id love to get into one of those new Chevrolet SS sedans, the 6.2 is a hell of a power plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tusen Takk posted:

Actually, you're going to jail fucker

Especially after the police subpoena Rhyno's posts on somethingawful.com.

• Locked thread