Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I am enjoying Colonialism Adventures.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

You, uh, might wanna check those cuffs Mandrake

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Just when I had become used to Emmy Lou anatomy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Didn't they say that Guran designed this leadership contest himself? Why would he include things that would pretty much guarantee his own failure if anyone ever challenged him?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm a Real Animal Comix.

Pooch Café

:biotruths:

Ballard Street

She is definitely arguing in favour of the snake.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Didn't they say that Guran designed this leadership contest himself? Why would he include things that would pretty much guarantee his own failure if anyone ever challenged him?

Maybe he doesn't want to continue being chief. Probably a crummy job.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

Uh, there worth money dude. Sell 'em.

They probably weren't. The thing about trading card games is that the newer cards gradually get better and better to keep you buying new booster packs, so there's little market for old cards. That just leaves the things valued for their rarity, which are exactly that, rare.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Tobaccrow posted:

They probably weren't. The thing about trading card games is that the newer cards gradually get better and better to keep you buying new booster packs, so there's little market for old cards. That just leaves the things valued for their rarity, which are exactly that, rare.

e.g. old baseball cards. Which is why he may want to look at what he has is going for on eBay before setting them on fire. Isn't the Charzard card worth bucks? I dunno, my kids were all into it, and as far as I know still have their cards, but I guess none of real value currently. Now 30 years from now, wtf knows.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mr. Squishy posted:

Just when I had become used to Emmy Lou anatomy.

I think everyone needs to go back for a sec and take a second look at Dorothy's neck area.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh god gently caress add-on sales.

The Dinette Set thinks of the children, not the elderly.

Working Daze has insufferable nerds again. Big shock, I know.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Tobaccrow posted:

There are definitely cards worth money. I bought a big stack of holos from some guy who thought the same as you for $30 and made my money back just selling three of them on eBay. None of them were Charizard.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

What freeway?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Imagine I edited this to talk about Swapnote.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Smooth.

Oh please, someone animate this so that Spider-man is super obviously a stiff lifeless mannequin that wouldn't fool anyone.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

What freeway?

Ah yes, this 'professional' tow-truck-guy out in the middle of bumfuck Dirtroadsville doesn't know his exotic high-end sports cars!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Tiggum posted:

Guran seems to actually want the best man to win, unlike the mini-Phantoms, who have been brought up to regard themselves as demigods and see no reason why nepotism shouldn't be the order of the day.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

According to Harvard University, a lot of people have sex around Christmas

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I can't recall if the guy challenging him is a baddie or not but does Guran even need to be chief to go on the phantom's lame adventures?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

What?

That bear always looks so sad, I guess it would suck to have humanoid consciousness but the body of a stuffed animal. Also to be in the comic strip Nancy.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Explanation: tortoise are slow moving animals when on land. So when the shat-on animal immediately reacts by peeking out of the shell, their mate considers this as an exaggerated response.

But it's not really true, those loving poo poo shells can bite off your finger before you know it. They just walk slowly over land with their unergonomically situated little flippers, but there's nothing slow about their reactions. See documentary series Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles for proof.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Nenonen posted:

Explanation: tortoise are slow moving animals when on land. So when the shat-on animal immediately reacts by peeking out of the shell, their mate considers this as an exaggerated response.

But it's not really true, those loving poo poo shells can bite off your finger before you know it. They just walk slowly over land with their unergonomically situated little flippers, but there's nothing slow about their reactions. See documentary series Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles for proof.

Oh, I thought the 'turtles are slow' thing usually only applied to their walking speed, they always seem to pull their heads in and out of their shells pretty fast in cartoons and poo poo

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Wanamingo posted:

Then why are the RATTLE KLONK BOING sounds coming from the front of the car?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Howard Beale posted:

Oh that's just the chain, pan and spring I keep in my car, never know when you'll need those three items!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Bismuth posted:

Oh, I thought the 'turtles are slow' thing usually only applied to their walking speed, they always seem to pull their heads in and out of their shells pretty fast in cartoons and poo poo

Yeah. Benita Epstein can be funny at least in her one-panelers, but she's not a good enough artist to clearly convey the joke here.

Also, in my experience seagull poo poo is white. Maybe that one had eaten crude oil.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Lowen SoDium posted:

Oh please, someone animate this so that Spider-man is super obviously a stiff lifeless mannequin that wouldn't fool anyone.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

Expensive sounds from the wheel axle and steering.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

That other Tina's Groove was censored for the sake of delicate readers while this arc has been making me want to throw up all week.

Pentaro posted:

Imagine I edited this to talk about Swapnote.

Swapnote was the best thing. :smith:

Luann

Ha ha ha! That Tiffany is such a lovely piece of human garbage! We can laugh about it because we're better than her!

The Amazing Spider-Man

You shouldn't put Black Widow in a box, MJ. Why can't it be both?

Sally Forth

Sorry, Sal. Baby Boomers sucked up so much attention that Gen X barely even got any time in the sun before it was all over. It's all about the Millenials now.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Oh, man. I hope Eve just marches right over there and dispenses some Eve justice. I don't even care if it's misplaced.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Haha, have you seen how Tiffany cares about her own appearance?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Luann is just really, really bad.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

If this future dystopia world has high-functioning robo employees, why are people still needed to do mundane paper pushing? Why does anyone here have a job? Did Steve Kelley think this through? Who are we kidding, no, he did not

Bleeker

On the Fastrack

You can always have a sad desk dinner courtesy of the vending machine

Safe Havens

The joke is that Sam goes psycho when you give her a pair of drum sticks

Recess

I never understood why demons are depicted as fauns

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 23, 2015

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Also, while it's a great deal of fun to trivialize the work that the office staff does (since all they do is keep track of paperwork and manage the phones and order supplies and deal with the public and manage schedules and other similarly useless garbage while the teachers do the important work of interacting with the children), people who actually work in a field that has a supporting office staff know that if your front office isn't doing poo poo, poo poo isn't getting done. Having your files organized may be a thankless job that even an attractive person can do, but it's actually pretty important.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I did some filing for a summer in my 30s and that job was actually pretty baller. The pay was low but it was a gap bridging thing. I never had any filing related drama and no impact at all on my personal life. If I got paid what I get paid now I'd do it again.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Midnight Moth posted:

Recess

I never understood why demons are depicted as fauns

Demonizing (literally) other religions, if I recall correctly. The legs of pan, the trident of Poseidon, etc. Associating elements of the enemy religion with the negative aspects of yours.

Not sure how true this is, but it's the explanation I heard, at least.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They're supposed to be pitchforks, which is supposed to be a metaphor for how the devil treats and amasses human spirits - like a farmer does hay.

The physical appearance being based on pagan gods is true though - as of course he's the Deceiver and they're false religions leading people away from God so ipso facto he is them.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

It's more modern than that, though. The devil doesn't start being depicted with Pan's attributes until the Renaissance; before then he was more of a generic monstrous type, or a dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

The joke is that Sam goes psycho when you give her a pair of drum sticks

Didn't go for the obvious sex joke?

• Locked thread