Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
What does canon Piccolo do with his free time? He really doesn't have much of a life, does he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

facebook jihad posted:

Yeah isn't he like just chilling underneath a sheet of ice or something in Android 13?

Yep. He just literally breaks through the ice to attack Android 13 and mentions he was there the whole time waiting.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

What does canon Piccolo do with his free time? He really doesn't have much of a life, does he?

I don't care if it is filler, it is canon in my heart.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't care if it is filler, it is canon in my heart.

Isn't it canon in a way since one of the manga covers is Goku and Piccolo driving cars?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Rirse posted:

Yep. He just literally breaks through the ice to attack Android 13 and mentions he was there the whole time waiting.

he even starts by randomly grabbing Android 13's legs so Goku can punch him.

It's great.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Piccolo is so much better than Vegeta and getting replaced as Goku's main rival is the most disappointing part of the entire series.

His fight against Cooler's men is fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsH2B93eJBs

Captain Q
Nov 30, 2005

I CONJURE THIS INTREPID FANTASYSCAPE WITH TEARS BLED FROM THE WISDOM-WEARY EYES OF FIFTY THOUSAND IMAGINARY MAGICIANS

Amorphous Blob posted:

Piccolo is so much better than Vegeta and getting replaced as Goku's main rival is the most disappointing part of the entire series.

:agreed: and that video was rad as gently caress

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Both Piccolo and Vegeta are great actually. The optimal solution would be to include both of them more

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Both Piccolo and Vegeta are great actually. The optimal solution would be to include both of them more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1U9OEr0Y4A

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Amorphous Blob posted:

His fight against Cooler's men is fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsH2B93eJBs

That's always been my favorite "Piccolo removes his armor" moment. Really, though, the force of a punch that can rip through cloth that isn't secured at the bottom is pretty staggering.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Rirse posted:

Isn't it canon in a way since one of the manga covers is Goku and Piccolo driving cars?

Not sure, but I think Goku is driving a car before he goes to New Namek to summon Dende. It was in Kai, not sure about the manga.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

facebook jihad posted:

Not sure, but I think Goku is driving a car before he goes to New Namek to summon Dende. It was in Kai, not sure about the manga.

I watched that episode recently and he is indeed driving the family into the city. He then teleports to see Piccolo after the Earth Army gets massacred by Cell.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really think the movies benefit from having minions.

Frieza had minions and so the non-Goku characters had stuff to do but Cell and Buu are both forces of nature who won't be finished by anyone but the designated protagonist so the secondary characters can't really get victories.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Looks like Super is going to be taking place after Battle of Gods and Ressurection F. A image from the incoming Manga adaptation shows Goku in his Whis Gi:

Source: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/05/first-look-at-goku-from-dragon-ball-super-manga/

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

goku looks cool and all but that is not a fifty-year-old man

that's not even a thirty-year-old man

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Rirse posted:

Yes, one of the earlier ones. I was shocked when I saw it to be honest, in a "so that's where it comes from" sort of way.

Though it feels like every other cover is the characters driving vehicles. Toriyama must really like drawing cars and motorcycles.

setafd posted:

To be fair Goku is physically almost a decade younger than he should be because of all the time he spent dead.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well duh, Saiyans age slow.
Poor Chi-Chi and Bulma.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

mycot posted:

Yes, one of the earlier ones. I was shocked when I saw it to be honest, in a "so that's where it comes from" sort of way.

Though it feels like every other cover is the characters driving vehicles. Toriyama must really like drawing cars and motorcycles.

To be fair Goku is physically almost a decade younger than he should be because of all the time he spent dead.

Also he's an alien and a master of spiritual energy which greatly extends your (natural) lifespan

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

mycot posted:

Watching through the dragon ball dissection videos posted a few days ago, it was mentioned that this is actually the case, and is partly why capsules and large amounts of vehicle destruction are present in the first arc of dragon ball.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Looks like Super is going to be taking place after Battle of Gods and Ressurection F. A image from the incoming Manga adaptation shows Goku in his Whis Gi:

Source: http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/05/first-look-at-goku-from-dragon-ball-super-manga/

I still don't dig the boots. They don't match the rest of his look.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I really think the movies benefit from having minions.

Frieza had minions and so the non-Goku characters had stuff to do but Cell and Buu are both forces of nature who won't be finished by anyone but the designated protagonist so the secondary characters can't really get victories.

See, in my theoretical reboot of Dragonball where it's planned ahead more, you'd introduce Cell Jrs earlier, and with Buu either have Babidi and co around longer, or adjust the concept of Buu slightly so that he splits into half a dozen beings (so Fat Buu, Super Buu, Gotenks Buu, Piccolo Buu etc could all exist concurrently) and treat defeating Buu like hunting horcruxes.

I think I've started too many posts in this thread with the words "in my theoretical reboot".

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Szmitten posted:

I think I've started too many posts in this thread with the words "in my theoretical reboot".

You're allowed to say fanfic, you know. We know what you mean.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

My fanfic continuation of DBZ involves Piccolo, 18, Goten, Trunks, and Pan going on space adventures and battling George Takei and it's way better than your fanfic continuation of DBZ

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm trying to decide if I want recurring villains or not, folks that have to bolt at the end like Power Rangers and don't necessarily die at the end of a prolonged multi-episode fight. I think the multiple universes thing is going to have to factor since all the "strongest in the universe" folks in the current universe are toast. Maybe roll in the fanficy stuff and have some SSJ3/4 Broly show up, or a world where Buu absorbed Broly and got ultra strong.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I'm trying to decide if I want recurring villains or not, folks that have to bolt at the end like Power Rangers and don't necessarily die at the end of a prolonged multi-episode fight. I think the multiple universes thing is going to have to factor since all the "strongest in the universe" folks in the current universe are toast. Maybe roll in the fanficy stuff and have some SSJ3/4 Broly show up, or a world where Buu absorbed Broly and got ultra strong.

Broly-Buu would be the worst thing ever to happen to the franchise

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

setafd posted:

He honestly looks like more of a teen than when he was actually a teen.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Steampunk Gent posted:

It would actually be quite Bu(u)lly.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I wonder what it's like to actually wear those boots. They seem like really soft boot slippers as opposed to practical outdoor wear. Is that what people normally wear when they're wandering masters of the punching arts?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Didn't Buu absorbed Brolly in one of the Supersonic games?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
The time Goku spends tying his boots is time he could have spent punching mans. Velcro boots are the true footwear of the martial arts master.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rirse posted:

Didn't Buu absorbed Brolly in one of the Supersonic games?

I wouldn't know, but it sounds like a recipe for the most boring, bullshit villain possible

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I liked Broly. I like a big hulking enemy who actually looks like a threat.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I liked Broly. I like a big hulking enemy who actually looks like a threat.

I guess someone has to

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Rirse posted:

Wow those look awful as gently caress. Also of course they had Android 18 fight Krillin in the video.
The Mr. Satan one made up for the rest.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Incidentally, if any of you speak a language in which the word "man" can be pluralized using standard rules, how would you convey the childish glee implied by our favorite neologism, "punchmans," if you wanted to translate it?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Both Broly and Cooler is absorbed by Buu in Another Road, the game where Goku and pals help Future Trunks deal with that timeline's Buu.

Ruggington posted:

I guess someone has to

I like him too, Juggernaut type enemies are cool.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Apparently that article is reusing Resurrection of F promo art, and likely isn't real. :sigh:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like the sleek refined villains like Cell and Frieza who love to be assholes and talk as much as they fight but every now and then there's room for a bruiser like Brolly who basically just screams and gets angry and punches stuff with the power of retard strength

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Every Superman needs a Doomsday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It would make for a really boring extended arc though. Also there's a pretty consistent theme through the series that all that hyper bulky poo poo is counter-productive and wasteful; Frieza's 100% form, Perfect Cell's power weighted form and the Super Saiyan 3 transformation are all tremendous failures used in desperation. Broly is basically Dragonball tryhard powerups being vindicated

• Locked thread