Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Exercu posted:

also because the opening line of Holy Diver is literally "Holy Diver, you've been down too long in the midnight sea"

yeah and The World has freakin oxygen tanks on the back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Race Realists posted:

Between those things and the PB/BT US release, I really hope DavidPro has enough funds to produce Part 4

really, my biggest fear with this whole franchise is diminishing returns leading to the rest of the parts not getting animated. Jojo feels like such a niche to me at times :smith:

I think part 4 is a pretty safe bet--from what I can tell Stardust Crusaders has been doing really well, to the point that it'd be weird for them to just pack it up here when there's more Jojos to sell. 4 isn't the guaranteed goldmine that 3 is, so I wouldn't be as sure about, say, part 5, but I think we get 4, easily.

Really, what I want is a ludicrous-budget Steel Ball Run, but I have a feeling I'm just going to have to wait on that particular pipe dream.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think part 4 is a pretty safe bet--from what I can tell Stardust Crusaders has been doing really well, to the point that it'd be weird for them to just pack it up here when there's more Jojos to sell. 4 isn't the guaranteed goldmine that 3 is, so I wouldn't be as sure about, say, part 5, but I think we get 4, easily.

Really, what I want is a ludicrous-budget Steel Ball Run, but I have a feeling I'm just going to have to wait on that particular pipe dream.

4 is apparently Araki's favorite part, so I''d be surprised if it didn't get animated.

5 is also very popular in Japan from what I've heard, so hopefully we'll get that as well.

6 and 7 weren't as popular, but I really hope we still get part 7 animated. It's probably the best part on a technical level.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Race Realists posted:

Between those things and the PB/BT US release, I really hope DavidPro has enough funds to produce Part 4

really, my biggest fear with this whole franchise is diminishing returns leading to the rest of the parts not getting animated. Jojo feels like such a niche to me at times :smith:

I know this gets talked about all the time, but DavidPro are a bunch of fanboys, Araki loves part 4 and Japan loves part 5, so it feels inevitable that we'll get at least that. The question is not if, but what will the budget be. We might get more PB/BT level animation for part 4, but I'd bet money we'll get it one way or another.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Credits at Nukesaku "How'd you know I'm idiot?"
DIO half face reveal after them

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Part VI should be animated, because it's probably the most bizarre.

And that's saying something.

Aurain posted:

Credits at Nukesaku "How'd you know I'm idiot?"
DIO half face reveal after them

It's been a while, Polnareff. :getin:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What's with the name Nukesaku in English? Wouldn't make more sense to just call him "The Idiot", since the whole joke is that they guess his name by calling him an idiot.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's just his name and they call him idiot as an insult, the joke at least in the translations is that every one else calls him idiot as a nickname too.

Someone on /a/ captured DIO. Not tagged so you can view at your own discretion.
http://i.imgur.com/52Rn7qh.jpg

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Oh but the name isn't in the manga, right? It's a supplemental thing?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Oh but the name isn't in the manga, right? It's a supplemental thing?

It's not in the Viz volume, I just checked, I dunno if it's in fan translations. I guess it was?

e: was supplemental*

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 22, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's not in the French translation either, I was wondering where that name came from, for a long time I thought this was Japanese for "Idiot".

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
So this is weird and adorable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5gviSa9CQ

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Full DIO anime face, ripped from official site.

Warning: QUALITY + Kakyoin

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kakyoin was DIO all along. :psyduck:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ka-kyo-in-is-a-trai-tor after all...

Just kinda weird how they've chose a lovely picture to advertise because the close up in the episode is so, so good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oh poo poo, next week's gonna have the 20 meter radius Emerald Splash, isn't it? :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

No way. They'd have to cover

* DIO moving Polnareff down the stairs.
* The unveiling of The World.
* Jotaro and Co. finding out Avdol died.
* Nukesaku dying.
* The party leaving the mansion.
* Deciding to split up.
* Senator Wilson Phillips.
* Jotaro talking with Polnareff.
* The car chase.
* Hierophant Green vs. The World
* Senator Wilson Phillips' death.
* The retreat to the building top.
* Kakyoin's history.
* The Emerald Splash.
* Kakyoin's death.

It's more likely that'll be in DIO's World - Part II.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh poo poo, next week's gonna have the 20 meter radius Emerald Splash, isn't it? :smith:

That still feels two weeks away to me. Next week will probably be the silly scene where Polnareff can't climb the stairs, then the one where the dorky vampire ends up in the coffin, then everyone getting the gently caress out before the sun sets, Polnareff calling everyone pussies and running hobbling off, and then the beginning of DIO's Nocturnal Adventures.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

http://bato.to/read/_/322518/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-8-jojolion_ch43_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru :toot:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That still feels two weeks away to me. Next week will probably be the silly scene where Polnareff can't climb the stairs, then the one where the dorky vampire ends up in the coffin, then everyone getting the gently caress out before the sun sets, Polnareff calling everyone pussies and running hobbling off, and then the beginning of DIO's Nocturnal Adventures.

It's gonna at least get to the chase sequence, probably end with Joseph and Kakyoin escaping to the rooftops

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

It's gonna at least get to the chase sequence, probably end with Joseph and Kakyoin escaping to the rooftops

That seems about right, either ending with them escaping or beginning with it next episode.

Interesting, we might have finally met someone who knows Gappy. Unless it was some Stand fuckery to get him to lend her some cash.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Gappy just watched the latest episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty much all of the ongoing JoJolion characters are super good.

Weird how cold they left off with Jobin after Beetle Tendency though.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
New Kars or new Yukako? :raise:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
yukakors

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

Probably both if she also turns out to be a rock person.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

she's also named after a mountain like the others so i'd say it's probably guaranteed at this point. that and the fact she has a stand makes it more plausible

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Plus she was doing some weird thing with light.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Ultimate Kars Fabulous Hair + Love Deluxe would be too powerful. The new Ultimate Being for the Stand times.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

she's also named after a mountain like the others so i'd say it's probably guaranteed at this point. that and the fact she has a stand makes it more plausible

Is Sakunami a mountain? I thought all the mountains had yama as the prefix and that Sakunami just refers to a hotspring.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So in animechat, someone needs to gif the part of the intro that references Polnareff going up down the stairs to post in that thread next week.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Broseph Brostar posted:

Is Sakunami a mountain? I thought all the mountains had yama as the prefix and that Sakunami just refers to a hotspring.

i'm mostly going off of what others have said but there's a chance that they might just be named after landmarks in general

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

I thought Joshuu was the new Yukako, but there's nothing that says Araki can't give multiple aspects of one character to multiple different characters.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Johnny met two different Erinas: Lucy Pendleton and Rina Higashikata. And people say that Mountain Tim and Stephen Steel were both Speedwagons. You could argue that part 8's Yoshikage Kira and Nijimura are both also Jotaros.

edit: Just read the newest chapter. It's so great seeing Josuke again after, like, five months.

Also part 8 Kars will be my next wife.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 22, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If we aren't seeing Tsurugi anymore for a few more chapters I'm completely fine with that

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
If Sakunami is Kars, it would be pretty funny if Jo2uke ended up being the fusion of Kira and the Santana-analogue, given that both Yagiyama and her recognize him.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Worst Girl posted:

edit: Just read the newest chapter. It's so great seeing Josuke again after, like, five months.

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 22, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I wanna get back to Joubin, though I'm fine with this new development.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I wanna get back to Joubin, though I'm fine with this new development.

What even happened there? He was pissy and trying to make Josuke wipe his nose and then I guess stopped to go investigate poo poo and Josuke just left I guess??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Worst Girl posted:

You could argue that part 8's Yoshikage Kira and Nijimura are both also Jotaros.

i'm like 100% sure that they're both meant to give off that feel, if nothing else because they take the place of where jotaro was in the family tree. each of them kinda have a similar 'presence' in their own way.

• Locked thread