Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Random Page posted:

We like guys like you in Europe. There is no better comedy.

oblivious new regs are 'funny' in a similar way, chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

I've always wondered how many church leaders are secretly atheists.

Like that Creflo Dollar dude, he's got a good racket going.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clergy_Project

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I've always wondered how many US presidents are atheists. People freaked the gently caress out about JFK being catholic--imagine an atheist candidate.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

KIT HAGS posted:

I've always wondered how many US presidents are atheists. People freaked the gently caress out about JFK being catholic--imagine an atheist candidate.

Probably zero. That isn't to say that all (or most) of them have actually been religious.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ninotoreS posted:

Probably zero. That isn't to say that all (or most) of them have actually been religious.

It actually is. Sorry words are hard.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Something Awful is basically religion.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Viridiant posted:

Hail Satan.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Sorry words are hard

?

Viridiant posted:

"A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence. Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that aim to explain the meaning of life, the origin of life, or the Universe."

it checks out

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
If none of them are atheists, then they all hold a positive belief, of some sort, about at least one god, of some sort. That qualifies as being religious.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
gently caress religon in the rear end.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
"people like me will torment your kids" is my favourite argument against gay marriage

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

If none of them are atheists, then they all hold a positive belief, of some sort, about at least one god, of some sort. That qualifies as being religious.

this is pure semantics, but

it's not very accurate to qualify 'being religious' as one simply identifying with a particular deistic belief-set label

since the conjunction 'being' denotes an active status in this context, it's probably more accurate to qualify it via actions; i.e. someone who doesn't go to church, doesn't regularly engage in religious function, et cetera, isn't truly 'religious'. they're only wearing a label.

and, obviously, this is what i meant in that other post

so i suppose what you really meant to say before was

semantics are hard

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 22, 2015

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ninotoreS posted:

this is pure semantics, but

i don't qualify 'being religious' as one simply identifying with a particular deistic belief-set label

i qualify it by action; i.e. someone who doesn't go to church, doesn't actively engage in religious function/activity, et cetera, isn't truly religious

so i suppose what you really meant to say before was

okay good luck changing what the word means

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

is this real

like did someone type this out and send it unironically

it has to be a troll right?

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

okay good luck changing what the word means

it's cute that you're salty at me over semantics

maybe don't force the smartass approach so reflexively, sometimes that backfires bruh

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 22, 2015

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Moridin920 posted:

is this real

like did someone type this out and send it unironically

it has to be a troll right?

Yes.

Christianism is a huge troll on humanity.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ninotoreS posted:

it's cute that you're salty at me over semantics

maybe don't force the smartass approach so reflexively, sometimes that backfires bruh

nah if you abruptly try to change the definition of a common word in the middle of a conversation my response is going to be uniformly condescending

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Volume posted:

Christians are the most persecuted minority in the world right now

I'm ok with this.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think the Romans were on to something with the arenas and the lions.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

ninotoreS posted:

I would bet that there are a lot of people that are apatheist. They don't really care about religion enough to declare one way or another. They are functionally atheist, but have not said as much.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

I think the Romans were on to something with the arenas and the lions.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
As far as I know, everyone who wasn't born braindead and hasn't sustained damage to their skullcabbage still has the necessary parts to engage in "spiritual" behavior, they just don't because it's something that you physically grow out of and only unlucky stunted fuckers and total nutjobs get stuck in that state. Outside of the few christians who've rang my doorbell with a really crazy glimmer in their eyes and a special needs kid or two, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was, uh, tuned in on that particular wavelength. Also, the christian/atheist/whatever dichotomy is entirely linguistic pedantry and anyone who argues with someone about it at lenght should realize that unless you're successfully using language for its intended function of conveying information to others, you're just generating meaningless noise/word salad.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Here are my top three favorite questions to Evolutionists:

1. Explain evolution in light of a 6000 year universe - (Genesis 1).
2. Since God pronounced His Creation "very good" in Genesis 1:31 - why the need for Evolution?
3. Since Jesus didn't believe in Evolution - (Mark 10:6; 13:9) - why should we?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Volume posted:

Here are my top three favorite questions to Evolutionists:

1. Explain evolution in light of a 6000 year universe - (Genesis 1).
2. Since God pronounced His Creation "very good" in Genesis 1:31 - why the need for Evolution?
3. Since Jesus didn't believe in Evolution - (Mark 10:6; 13:9) - why should we?

I've had these questions multiple times in class. The problem being you can't use the "The evidence shows the planet is over 4 billion years old, so your argument is invalid" argument. It simply does not work.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i am a jesus lover and i believe in charity, humility, forgiveness, tolerance, and fraternal love of all people, even those I dislike

i don't always live up to those ideals but I hold them close and try to implement them in my daily life, even when it is uncomfortable to do so

also: faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i am a jesus lover and i believe in charity, humility, forgiveness, tolerance, and fraternal love of all people, even those I dislike

i don't always live up to those ideals but I hold them close and try to implement them in my daily life, even when it is uncomfortable to do so

also: faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Lol good one.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

has anyone said "stay safe holy ghost" yet

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

im not reading twelve pages of buttmad nerds literally shakeing

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

OMGVBFLOL posted:

im not reading twelve pages of buttmad nerds literally shakeing

Well, not in this thread you aren't. I don't think you're clear on :thejoke:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Well, not in this thread you aren't. I don't think you're clear on :thejoke:

are you sure

you seem upset

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
That somehow <100 years of life is enough to either reward someone with an eternity of paradise or condemn them to an eternity of torment. Seriously, who the gently caress thought that was equitable?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

"If the Abused was not at fault"?

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

My Q-Face posted:

"If the Abused was not at fault"?

And jesus looked at the raped women, in their ragged attire and said "They are clothed as whores, and so they hath asked for it" (Corinthians 420:69)

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Eulogistics posted:

And jesus looked at the raped women, in their ragged attire and said "They are clothed as whores, and so they hath asked for it" (Corinthians 420:69)

"Cause we all know women be cock-crazy, son!" - Ezekiel something horse semen.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for having a site like this! It bothers me so much when people still believe all the lies Darwin made up 100 years ago. He was a product of Satan and his only goal was to distort the truth and confuse believers.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)

Volume posted:

Thanks for having a site like this! It bothers me so much when people still believe all the lies Darwin made up 100 years ago. He was a product of Satan and his only goal was to distort the truth and confuse believers.

Thank you Satan for giving us Darwin!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Christ must be an awful umbrella because otherwise why are the others even needed?

Leaky Christ?

• Locked thread