Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Next Direct reveals the upcoming Starfox as Starfelt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Spoderman posted:

The SD card doesn't work for Wii U storage, so you couldn't download games onto it. It's mostly there for Wii mode compatibility, which would be storage for Virtual Console or WiiWare games that don't fit on your internal storage, game saves, and mp3s to change the background music in Excite Truck.

:aaaaa:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ah yes, I recall the search for songs with 9-second builds at the beginning so Excite Truck could kick off properly.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
So I was trawling through the eShop tonight looking for something strategy-based from an old Nintendo system to play through my Friday night, and I came across Fire Emblem on the GBA.

I had no idea it was essentially the medieval version of Advance Wars (or is it the other way around?). I love it. This will take the edge off waiting for Splatoon over the next week.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

PalaNIN posted:

I had no idea it was essentially the medieval version of Advance Wars (or is it the other way around?). I love it. This will take the edge off waiting for Splatoon over the next week.

Technically the original Famicom Wars predates the original Fire Emblem (1988 vs. 1990) and they both have been made by Intelligent Systems, which is probably why they're so similar.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Excite Bike 64 was fairly popular (and even more importantly included the original but with the ability to save your custom tracks which you couldn't do on the US NES). So it was always weird to me that instead of a newer take on it Nintendo did Excite Trucks and then Excite Bots, the latter of which seemed to flop and kill the concept of Excite _____ racing games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They are by the same company and very similar but Fire Emblem has you controlling individual units that are not expendable and has permadeath.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they should do an advance wars x fire emblem crossover but i guess that's just valkyria chronicles

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Neo Rasa posted:

Excite Bike 64 was fairly popular (and even more importantly included the original but with the ability to save your custom tracks which you couldn't do on the US NES). So it was always weird to me that instead of a newer take on it Nintendo did Excite Trucks and then Excite Bots, the latter of which seemed to flop and kill the concept of Excite _____ racing games.

I hated ExciteBots, but loved ExciteTruck. The morphable terrain was really fun, and the emphasis on doing tricks and cool poo poo instead of coming in first place. Made you want to go off the main track to do Super Tree Runs and get big air.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

they should do an advance wars x fire emblem crossover but i guess that's just valkyria chronicles

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

raditts posted:

It's stupid easy, you just need an SD card sized 2gb or less and one of the Wii games that can be exploited to install HBC. Look up Smash Stack.

Letterbomb is easier, and doesn't require a tiny SD card or exploitable game. You click a button and you're done.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

oddium posted:

I would be more than happy with a new Advance Wars title that shamelessly rips off Valkyria Chronicles.

If only because we're never getting more Valkyria Chronicles :negative:.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

many johnnys posted:

Letterbomb is easier, and doesn't require a tiny SD card or exploitable game. You click a button and you're done.

Letterbomb hasn't worked since the Wii stopped being updated like 3 years ago..

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A new Advance Wars will be announced, and goons everywhere will be shocked and dismayed and cry out, "But this is too anime!", and I will sit back and laugh.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
it will be made by americans and goons will have an internal crisis over whether it is too anime or not anime enough

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

noirstronaut posted:

it will be made by americans and goons will have an internal crisis over whether it is too anime or not anime enough

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe instead of Advance Wars they'll make Battalion Wars 3 (please don't do this)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe instead of Advance Wars they'll make Battalion Wars 3 (please don't do this)

The Battalion Wars games were good, and I don't think the same people who made Advance Wars made Battalion Wars.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Everyone's wide eyes really make this picture great.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

This Mario Kart: Fury Road trailer is fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxFjVCkpRY

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/feature_the_full_story_behind_star_fox_2_nintendos_most_famous_cancellation

Cool article about Star Fox 2 with Dylan Cuthbert.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

zolthorg posted:

Letterbomb hasn't worked since the Wii stopped being updated like 3 years ago..

A friend of mine used it successfully just the other week. Granted it was on an original Wii.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

This isn't getting enough attention

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

It takes place in the Super Mario Bros. movie universe.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BattleMaster posted:

It takes place in the Super Mario Bros. movie universe.

I thought it took place in the rebooted New Super Mario Bros. Cinematic Universe.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:mediocre:

That is fantastic.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

When did they make this dumbshit change to the Miiverse activity feed so that it only shows the most recent post for each person? I'm not seeing any option to change it back to the old way, am I missing something or is it just stuck like this now?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'll do it

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

im gonna slay him irl

There Will Be Blood on the scarf

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Suaimhneas posted:

When did they make this dumbshit change to the Miiverse activity feed so that it only shows the most recent post for each person? I'm not seeing any option to change it back to the old way, am I missing something or is it just stuck like this now?

i think recently. i checked the announcements last night and that was like #2. no idea if you can change it

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I thought it took place in the rebooted New Super Mario Bros. Cinematic Universe.

MCU - Mario Cinematic Universe is the best thing I've heard all week.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

many johnnys posted:

It also doesn't work on the Wii U, at least not as far as I'm aware.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
just had a great morning playing through some Galaxy levels.

you bet i will Queen Bee!

finished honey bee hive!

i get really excited when i see him about in the game.

I had a bit of trouble with ray surfing, kept oversteering. also the Sweet Sweet Galaxy level is balls to the wall tough but i cant get mad because of that level music!! holy poo poo, so good to hear my favourite SMB3 track redone.

the terrace is complete and the first level of the fountain is finished. it feels like the game is absolutely packed (if they stick with five galaxys to a dome)!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Just got a wiiu with mk8 and sm3dw, what other games are God tier for a gf+bf to play together?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Hyrule Warriors.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just got a wiiu with mk8 and sm3dw, what other games are God tier for a gf+bf to play together?

If you like the genre, you cannot beat Hyrule Warriors. There is a truly absurd amount of content even without the DLC and there's co-op.

Splatoon is looking like it's going to be drat good and it has local multiplayer.

Captain Toad is single player only, but lends itself to collaboration or trading off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Not quite great for co-op, but if you're ready to play right now then download the Splatoon Global Test Fire demo, it'll let you play an hour of Splatoon in an hour before it launches next friday.

Otherwise, it all depends on what you actually like, but Hyrule Warriors has a crazy amount of content and a ton (all of it?) can be done on co-op with someone on gamepad and someone using the tv and you just kill a shitton of stuff as your favorite zelda character, Yoshi's Woolly World comes out in a few months and looks like it'll be the first great yoshi platformer in a long time and has co-op, New Super Mario Bros. U is pretty great specially if you haven't tried other entries in the franchise though the gamepad is locked to touch control "help" (setting up platforms to help/screw the othe rplayer) co-op so if you're not into that you need a third, Rayman Legends is also great but I think it has the same thing as NSMBU and Super Smash Bros. For Wii U is smash.

• Locked thread