Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I also drafted Elementals and went 0-3. If I had one more of the mana dorks I think it coulda worked (I saw the guy to my right pick him when I needed a 2nd.) I opened up P1P1 Emrakul but didn't see any ramp guys going around so I shifted into Elementals and was rewarded with a P10 Thunderblust for my efforts. I got to live the turn 3 dream of that once.

I opened up 6 total boosters tonight. Got the Emrakul, Foil All is Dust, Foil Hurkyl's Recall, Remand, and 2x Apocolypse Hydras for my efforts. Along with going 2-0-1 in DDF today was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Well that basically settles it I'm going to a MM15 draft on Sunday and forcing B/W Spirits.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
For whoever I was telling about Eternal Games in the Detroit Area

Eternal Games posted:

We are extending our discount price of $230 +tax for Modern Masters 2015 until we close this Friday night. Get your boxes while they last!
Don't forget, we're holding $40 drafts all day today and tomorrow with 2 packs per player going into the prize pool.

Is this actually any good, I haven't been paying attention to what good prices are for these drafts.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Death Bot posted:

Is this actually any good, I haven't been paying attention to what good prices are for these drafts.

That's a good price if the packs are mmb packs, and not regular packs.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Death Bot posted:

$40 is the baseline price for 4 packs of MM15 (3 packs for draft + 1 in prize support) so it's also the baseline for draft with MM15 prize support.

Places offering $35 drafts are taking a hit on income to be cool people but $40 seems OK.

Anything above that is bull though unless they explicitly state the prize pool is more than just 1 pack per player.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

LordSaturn posted:

Every single one of those cards is from Khans block, except the WR fetch. Did you mean GR? Note that GR is a bunch cheaper.

Yeah I was phone posting. The gr is what I meant. Both green fetches from Khans, one of them twice

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Serperoth posted:

Yeah I was phone posting. The gr is what I meant. Both green fetches from Khans, one of them twice

You got about the right amount for what you sold then.

The RW fetch was pushing up calculations (since it's like $20 more than the GR one).

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Serperoth posted:

Do note also that I took the literal cheapest offer for EX+ in MCM as the card price, which generally are new sellers, foreign cards in not-sexy languages, and sellers from worrisome countries without enough sales under their belt. Ones I would actually start ordering from, for example for Ugin, were at 21 € while the cheapest one on offer was 18,49 €.

Edit: Arid Mesa starts at 19,00 €, KTK Wooded Foothills at 9,00 in MCM.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

You got about the right amount for what you sold then.

The RW fetch was pushing up calculations (since it's like $20 more than the GR one).

Yeah I realized that. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for all the help.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

Well that basically settles it I'm going to a MM15 draft on Sunday and forcing B/W Spirits.

The problem is that I think the word is out to just snap up Waxmanes, Nameless Inversions and Soulshift everything and force it for the synergy. I think you're gonna see that archetype dry up real fast in most drafts.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Angry Grimace posted:

The problem is that I think the word is out to just snap up Waxmanes, Nameless Inversions and Soulshift everything and force it for the synergy. I think you're gonna see that archetype dry up real fast in most drafts.
Honestly the Spirit archetype is driven pretty much exclusively by Nameless Inversions. I've seen a couple spirit decks so far, and only the one with 2 x Inversion and some Soulshifters was even remotely scary. And even then, it wasn't that great, and I slammed it with value blue. Mulldrifters all day, yo.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah the spirits archtype is basically the rebels 2.0 archtype - good if you're the only one in it, bad if not.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

LGS owner texted me that someone is sitting in the back cracking a case. :(

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

KidDynamite posted:

:eyepop:
drat, that could've bought a space ship instead.

Drider-Man
Jan 30, 2007

Drider-Man, Drider-Man
Does some things that a drider can.
Can he swing from a web?
Ask your DM

KidDynamite posted:

I hope all of their mythics are Comet Storm. :colbert:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

:eyepop:
drat, that could've bought a space ship instead.

I mean like draft that poo poo and have people proxy the money, and you keep everything.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So, since nobody's said anything, how's the packaging?

Is it reusable so that people can make MMA cube drafts?

Also, how many boxes is a case? Six?

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 22, 2015

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
4 boxes per case with MM I believe, because of the weird packaging. Usually 6 per case, though.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

Why would you need packaging for that?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Count Bleck posted:

As cool as mixed martial arts cube drafts would be I think the DCI prohibits violence during organized play, so it'd be a strictly casual thing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

As cool as mixed martial arts cube drafts would be I think the DCI prohibits violence during organized play, so it'd be a strictly casual thing.

what's a pick order for mixed martial arts?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zoness posted:

Professional Wrestling as a whole is banned from every format of MMA, so obviously any of those first. Piledrivers and Brain Busters are pick one material.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Zoness posted:

Brazilian Jiu-jitsu ---> Judo ---> Good ol' fashion street fighting

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Count Bleck posted:

Professional Wrestling as a whole is banned from every format of MMA, so obviously any of those first. Piledrivers and Brain Busters are pick one material.

And The People's Elbow is unbeatable in the G/B archetype.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
But The Chair as an equipment has a lot of synergy and can be put into any deck.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Zoness posted:

But The Chair as an equipment has a lot of synergy and can be put into any deck.

It's too bad that The Table and The Ladder never make it past the first pick, I never get to live the dream.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Zoness posted:

Is Jon Jones banned in MMA draft or only in constructed?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Gah, my LGS isn't doing Standard tonight in lieu of MM15 drafts. Which I can't really afford to drop 40 bucks on, especially since I don't play Modern. Booooo Modern. Boooo.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE MANA ROCK IS COOKING?!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mick Foley
Legendary Creature - Human Wolverine
T, Sacrifice a Forest: Add three mana in any combination of R and/or G to your mana pool.

Yeah cheap one, but Mr Foley has always been about the cheap pop :v:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

We joke but the short lived wrestling card game was sweet as gently caress

E: raw deal I think it was called

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 22, 2015

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Mr. Peepers posted:

And The People's Elbow is unbeatable in the G/B archetype.

Maro's whining on Tumblr about how the people's elbow should be in White's part of the color pie for the third day in a row :rolleyes:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Flavor text: ~ is good.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Question, Which two do I run as 2 ofs in Temur Collected Company?

Surrak, the Hunt Caller, Shaman of the Great Hunt, Stormbreath Dragon?

I'm thinking Surrak just because it and T2 Frost Walker means swinging 9 on turn 3 with a nutty hand, but Stormbreath has good, relevant evasion, and Shaman lets me draw cards.

Edit: Honestly I think I'm asking more of which of these three is the worst, but I know that's Shaman.

But I want to play it so bad. :argh:

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 22, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Stormbreath Dragon still the best Dragon

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Mick Foley
Legendary Creature - Human Wolverine
T, Sacrifice a Forest: Add three mana in any combination of R and/or G to your mana pool.

Yeah cheap one, but Mr Foley has always been about the cheap pop :v:

This can't be right. Foley has indestructible.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Gyshall posted:

Stormbreath Dragon still the best Dragon

kolaghan, the storm's fury is pretty loving good.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 22, 2015

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Stormbreath and Surrak it is.

You'll have your day soon, Shaman. :qq:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare: Fuckin' gambling. :catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_4GeX3ZF0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

This can't be right. Foley has indestructible.

Oh drat how did I miss that. Good call.

Also, whomever wins the current Card Design 'contest' should do a wrestling thing.

• Locked thread