Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Oh I missed shumlin on the first read through and thought both were state level politicians but lol at the idea of the mayor of Burlington getting anything from a sitting president.

Pretty sure he could get a phone call to congratulate him if Biden wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mike Huckabee everyone

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Dolash posted:

I can't believe campaign finance laws are so pathetic and unenforced - high profile, high visibility unenforced - that a candidate can straight up say "I'm running for President" then declare takesies-backsies so he can keep loading up on the unmarked dollars first.

The head of the FEC believes that they are, in fact, that pathetic

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

We have gotta stop the Duggars.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The FEC is basically :negative: in governmental form. I bet she's even made that face once or twice already this week.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Mike Huckabee everyone

At least he's consistent in letting rapists off the hook.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ufarn posted:

At least he's consistent in letting rapists off the hook.

:boom:

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Joementum posted:

Marco's got class!

dangit Anon you beat me to the punch.. I came to this thread to post this!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
No, I'm not nervous at all that Chris Christie wants to represent us on a national stage, why do you ask?

quote:

Chris Christie gave an expletive-laced speech at an annual New Jersey media roast Wednesday, taking aim at reporters who had mocked him for the George Washington Bridge scandal, his travels and the state’s finances.

“We don’t give a s--- about this or any of you,” Christie, a 52-year-old Republican who is considering a run for president, said to laughter and applause from about 350 people at a Hamilton banquet hall. He told one journalist to “open your eyes” and “clean the s--- out of your ears.”

“This is a guy who says he doesn’t know what I’m doing every day,” Christie said of the New Jersey Legislative Correspondents Club president. “Then just get the f--- away from me then if you don’t know what I’m doing.”

This is what you'd do if you were looking to win the Def Comedy Jam, not what you'd do if you were looking to become President of the United States. I can only assume he knows that he has no chance at winning the nomination, otherwise he wouldn't have gone off like a goddamn Jersey guido.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can never decide if I really respect how ballsy Christie is to say and do all this stuff that any sane person would know would be a bad idea or if it absolutely terrifies me.

Either way he sucks, won't be president, but I hope to God he declares so he can be part of the debates. Its his destiny to curse off a presidential candidate on live tv.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Using swear words in a roast would be totally okay if those jokes were actually funny.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

I can never decide if I really respect how ballsy Christie is to say and do all this stuff that any sane person would know would be a bad idea or if it absolutely terrifies me.

Either way he sucks, won't be president, but I hope to God he declares so he can be part of the debates. Its his destiny to curse off a presidential candidate on live tv.

Wanna see him go all Joe Pesci on Ted Cruz a couple of times.

And he didn't even tell jokes, he just cussed out a bunch of reporters. That's not comedy, that's being an even shittier Dane Cook.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Christie is just a bully; he's a big man when it comes to being a shithead to people that are less powerful than him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mike Huckabee everyone

To be fair, the Duggars promote learning the Bible, which contains a secret cancer cure.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Alter Ego posted:

Wanna see him go all Joe Pesci on Ted Cruz a couple of times.

Kill him, bury the body, then dig it up a few months later to move it somewhere else?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here are Hillary's emails, for your reading pleasure.

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

15 pages is it? That seems awful sparse.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Alligator Horse posted:

15 pages is it? That seems awful sparse.

The FOIA covers only the emails relating to Benghazi.

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Joementum posted:

The FOIA covers only the emails relating to Benghazi.

That makes sense. Thanks! I wonder if Trey Gowdy has read them all or if he's too busy cosplaying Draco Malfoy.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mike Huckabee everyone

Jesus loving christ it skeeves me so much that apologists are referring to Duggar's actions as :airquote: mistakes :airquote: What Laura Bush did, hitting a guy with her car and killing him, was a mistake (though I'm not familiar with the details and if there's more to the story, well, substitute another person for the former First Lady). Calling molestation and incest a mere mistake is beyond the pale, this isn't some "very special episode of The Facts of loving Life" poo poo here, this is a serious, heavy matter.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The best GOP debate question: "As a Christian nation shouldn't we just forgive ISIS?"

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Internet Webguy posted:

The best GOP debate question: "As a Christian nation shouldn't we just forgive ISIS?"

If someone sues you for your cloak, give him your pants. If he strikes you on your left cheek, offer him your right. If he overrun your client state, offer up the next one.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Internet Webguy posted:

That's too softball. It's an easy answer. "Only if they stop their actions and are repentant."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I pity the Russorv guy who's sole job seems to be printing things for Hillary because network printers are hard. Every email to him is a forward with "pls print".

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

Mike Huckabee everyone

It's important to remember that Mike Huckabee orchestrated Carol Sue Shields's rape and murder.

RACHET fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 22, 2015

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Every email is pretty much her okaying a memo in her name or asking someone to print something or call her. Republicans really got a smoking gun here.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

RACHET posted:

It's important to remember that Mike Huckabee orchestrated Carol Sue Shields's rape and murder.

Wait what?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

lamentable dustman posted:

Every email is pretty much her okaying a memo in her name or asking someone to print something or call her. Republicans really got a smoking gun here.

I guess it's possible that Benghazi was another in the unending series of tragic embarrassments for the CIA rather than a grand conspiracy orchestrated on Hillary's private email server to have Susan Rice mis-speak on a Sunday morning show.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kill him, bury the body, then dig it up a few months later to move it somewhere else?

I've heard worse policy proposals.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Titus Sardonicus posted:

What Laura Bush did, hitting a guy with her car and killing him, was a mistake (though I'm not familiar with the details and if there's more to the story, well, substitute another person for the former First Lady).

The best part about this one is the people who defend Laura Bush's "youthful indiscretion" of vehicular manslaughter are often the very same people who continue to scream conspiracy theories about Hillary having Vince Foster killed.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Josh Duggar was just dedicated to getting hard data for the Family Research Council

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Joementum posted:

I guess it's possible that Benghazi was another in the unending series of tragic embarrassments for the CIA rather than a grand conspiracy orchestrated on Hillary's private email server to have Susan Rice mis-speak on a Sunday morning show.

I dunno I'm going to read the maximum amount of dickishness possible in asking for a print-off the 'benghazi was obama's 3am phone call' email

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I dunno I'm going to read the maximum amount of dickishness possible in asking for a print-off the 'benghazi was obama's 3am phone call' email

Oh, that's definitely also true and was the reason she was running a separate email system.

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

Huckabee cummuted the sentence of a violent pedophile because he "found God". After being released from prison his immediately raped and murdeded a teenager. Huckabee has been consistent in his support of violent pedophiles acting in he name of Christianity his entire career.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

RACHET posted:

Huckabee cummuted the sentence of a violent pedophile because he "found God". After being released from prison his immediately raped and murdeded a teenager.

Also the Clinton-hate machine thought the violent pedophile was set up by Bill when he was governor and pushed for his release.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Fuuuuuck

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Iowa Snow King posted:

Josh Duggar was just dedicated to getting hard data for the Family Research Council

I really hope this one doesn't go unnoticed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

SuperDucky posted:

I really hope this one doesn't go unnoticed.

The thread slept through it.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

The thread slept through it.

This one too:

sullat posted:

If someone sues you for your cloak, give him your pants. If he strikes you on your left cheek, offer him your right. If he overrun your client state, offer up the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone know what Bernie's plan is to help those with existing student loans?

I know he supported the Warren bill that would have allowed borrowers to refinance private loans as federal loans and then pay them back using Income-Based Repayment, but that appears DOA

• Locked thread