Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Mraagvpeine posted:

To bring up a different topic, are there any good Gravity Falls games?

PinesQuest, a basic Flash RPG, wasn't too bad. Not amazing, but decently GF-ish.

http://gravityfalls.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Real_world_games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Please do. Months of silence is better than talking about what goes on at that dumb loving website.
Why is there still people referring to Tumblr as "a website", as if it had some sort of editorial line? It's a collection of personal blogs, it's as much "a website" as Twitter is.

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 19, 2015

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Because people enjoy being better than teenagers who are still figuring out their interests and place in the world

(Honestly, I think it's actually because a lot of people genuinely don't understand how tumblr works in a mechanical sense)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It's easier just to say Tumblr in general than to specify which ones everytime it's mentione, and the vast majority of it is terrible anyway.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

X_Toad posted:

Why is there still people referring to Tumblr as "a website", as if it had some sort of editorial line? It's a collection of personal blogs, it's as much "a website" as Twitter is.

The same reason people say 4chan or reddit. It's convenient and people understand what you mean.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Oh my god. Oh my god. You all have to shut up about tumblr.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

El Tortuga posted:

Oh my god. Oh my god. You all have to shut up about tumblr.

People who use the word "tumblrite" and make endless lazy "check your _____ privelege"/trigger warning jokes are way more insufferable and they don't even have the excuse of being literal teenagers like most of the people they're making fun of.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I want to like this show more than I do but this voice actors for the kids kind of mess with me. Jason Ritter gives me "The Event" flashbacks and I find Kristen Schaal to be disturbingly hot, which isn't what I want to feel while watching a 12-year old cartoon girl.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sleeveless posted:

People who use the word "tumblrite" and make endless lazy "check your _____ privelege"/trigger warning jokes are way more insufferable and they don't even have the excuse of being literal teenagers like most of the people they're making fun of.

They're also the ones who draw hosed up poo poo that a kid may stumble upon.

I was that kid once. gently caress those people. I don't care if they're kids.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

What did I JUST say?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

How else is one supposed to refer to a Tumblr user akin to Redditor, Channer, Anon, or Goon?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Xelkelvos posted:

How else is one supposed to refer to a Tumblr user akin to Redditor, Channer, Anon, or Goon?

One who owns and maintains a blog on the Tumblr website and peruses other such blogs on a frequent basis.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Can everyone please stop talking about Tumblr?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

El Tortuga posted:

What did I JUST say?

Oh Jesus.. It's happening! *deploys safety balloon and floats out of thread*

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Sex Robot posted:

Oh Jesus.. It's happening! *deploys grappling hook and swings out of the thread*

ftfy

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Oh hey new posts I wonder if there's news

:suicide:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Alan Smithee posted:

Oh hey new posts I wonder if there's news

:suicide:

I wish this was a forums-wide rule.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This bullshit isn't making the drought any more bearable.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:agreed:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Sounds like a real butthurt rule, imho.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

It is the games forum after all

Speaking of games someone was asking about them and there's this write up here for a stanleymobile thing. I don't even know if it's official or not but it exists and here you go
http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/j...inale.aspx#2900

Sorry for mobile link. Changing it to www seemed to break it

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 20, 2015

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
E: WHOOPS thought this was general kids show thread

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Shut up and buy this t-shirt.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
why is stan a chicken face

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Who is Grunkle Stan fighting there?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Who is Grunkle Stan fighting there?

Rick from Rick and Morty. Amoral Doc Brown with a drinking problem.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

havenwaters posted:

Oooooooooooooooooooh, right on.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

havenwaters posted:

That's actually how Rick and Morty got started.

edit: very NSFW

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Keep in mind if you haven't watche'd Rick and morty there's no rick on morty action. There's a lot of envelope pushing though. Highly recommended if you haven't watched already

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm still mildly surprised Disney and Whoever's in Charge of [Adult Swim] these days allowed the implication that the two shows share the same universe.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm still mildly surprised Disney and Whoever's in Charge of [Adult Swim] these days allowed the implication that the two shows share the same universe.

Actually it's canon that they explicitly don't share a universe.

They share a multiverse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821TmxO95iE

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

They share a multiverse.

And Rick and Morty share their Multiverse with The Simpsons and possibly Futurama. Transitively, then, Gravity Falls is in the same Multiverse as The Simpsons

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

They share a multiverse.

That's what I meant. Still, you'd think Disney of all places would deep six something such as R&M being even tangently related to GF.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

ConanThe3rd posted:

That's what I meant. Still, you'd think Disney of all places would deep six something such as R&M being even tangently related to GF.

It's so subtle they have plausible deniability and while they probably wouldn't have greenlit it, it's enough that they won't nix it after it's discovery.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I doubt anyone but the animators of each show knew about it until the internet figured it out

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
AW MAN

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/601862231085559808

JUST TWO MORE MONTHS GUYS :suicide:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

*a moaning, winding sort of lament, that one would expect to hear in an haunter house or a graveyard* yayyy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Guess we're getting a Stanley flashback. In two months. Get hyped?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

My wife was not pregnant when season 2 began on August 1st, 2014. By the time the twelfth episode airs in July 2015, I will have a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Rick & Morty is also returning in July :tinfoil:

• Locked thread