Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah, I didn't trust the ghost either, and as the situation stood the plague was at the very least contained to the island. Bringing a plague wraith to the mainland sounded like a really, REALLY bad idea.

So I killed Keria to stop using the plague as a possible bioweapon, for nothing! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Just got stuck in some half sunken ship and had to reload a save. Annoying.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

HyperPuma posted:

Now I'm fuckin ballin got swipes for map, inventory, meditate, and quests, PS button changes sign, and click in touchpad is quicksave

Wait how did you change the button layout on ps4?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
I'm playing on pc

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Seems I've missed the White Orchard's Innkeepers unique Gwent Cards.

Is there a way to get the cards later in the game ? I saw the oval office making a scene in an Inn in Novigrad but she seems to have vanished from there as well.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Tier 2 Feline armour looking snazzy.

Speaking of, anyone found the enhanced Feline trousers, or the map for it? Only part I'm missing.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I love how looting a cabinet that is near a candle requires as much fine analog control as aiming a scoped sniper rifle.

agreed

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Protip: head to Novigrad early if you're bored of the countryside and/or short on cash. Just watch out for back alleys. It's a huge and beautiful city with a ton of quests and stuff to do if you want a break from riding around villages.

Also, exchange your foreign currency at the bank ASAP. I got there at level 7 and had 944 crowns worth to exchange, that was nice.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Hey apparently there is a merchant near the oxenfurt gate in Novigrad between 5-6am game time that will buy your trophies at full price.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
I sold most of the outfit you start with. Is that going to be an issue with crafting some of the later armors? :ohdear:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Who Dat posted:

I sold most of the outfit you start with. Is that going to be an issue with crafting some of the later armors? :ohdear:

Nope, dont worry.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The 'vibration design'(?) seems really sparse in general. Using ps3 controller on PC.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Level 22 atm, and on the quest to return to Witcher castle and defend it with all the friends I've recruited versus the Wild Hunt. Do I have a good ways to go before game end still? It seems like by nature that'd be a near-endgame quest, but there's an awful lot of level 30+ content around that I'm seeing and that way overlevels me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Level 22 atm, and on the quest to return to Witcher castle and defend it with all the friends I've recruited versus the Wild Hunt. Do I have a good ways to go before game end still? It seems like by nature that'd be a near-endgame quest, but there's an awful lot of level 30+ content around that I'm seeing and that way overlevels me.

After you finish the main quest the game spits you back out with all the main quests you didn't do disabled. You're probably at the forefront in terms of goon progress though, so might not get an answer.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Geralt mentions that he can help with lycanthropy early on, but there seems to be no way to help the hunter on the Wild at Heart quest? Am I missing something?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Man, I think accidentally selling / buying the wrong item at merchants or dropping the wrong equipment and then realizing something valuable was missing from my inventory has been the cause of of more restarts than anything else at this point.

I've really got to start F5'ing before I shop.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

MixMasterMalaria posted:

Geralt mentions that he can help with lycanthropy early on, but there seems to be no way to help the hunter on the Wild at Heart quest? Am I missing something?

If I recall in the witcher universe you can remove lycanthropy but only before their first change. After the first change its permanent and effectively a death sentence.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I don't mind the controls in combat but general movement, especially when there are a lot of trees or other objects, is horrible. There are way too many instances where Geralt or his horse just randomly slow down or get caught on something and then veer in a completely different direction. It's really my only complaint about the game.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

MixMasterMalaria posted:

I chalk that one off to the hunter placing Geralt in a moral dilemma and then immediately violating his threat about never crossing paths again. Curing him of lycanthropy would be to condone the extra-judicial killing just moments ago, which is distinct from the "I'm not getting involved" line Geralt uses when he leaves the sister with the werehunter.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Man, I'm just sitting here at work, it's a beautiful day outside, but the only thing on my mind right now is how I'm going to go home in about thirty minutes and be a loving cheeto dust covered nerd this weekend because goddamn this game is so good.

Send Help.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

If anyone is buying from the UK and balking at the £50 price on Steam or GOG.com, I've just picked up a game code from gamekeysnow for £28.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr.Citrus posted:

If I recall in the witcher universe you can remove lycanthropy but only before their first change. After the first change its permanent and effectively a death sentence.

Vincent de Meis from the first Witcher game was transforming so often he practically had a point card for it, and you can still break his curse with a little work.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

So, during the Now or Never quest this happened with a few of the crossbow guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hj-wARsw54

That was the second one. First one I didn't play around with at all but here I kinda wanted to see if it'd ever stop if I kept going. Dude is sword dodging champion of the world.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So I just finished the game. Incredible. I spent 60 hours on it and it was one hell of a ride from start to finish. Incredible story, amazing character arcs and superb acting from the voice cast. The animations, attention to detail and everything about it was just amazing.

Wow.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
"Geralt gives every horse he owns the same name - Roach"

Is this referring to Roche from W2? If so, why is it spelled Roach this time. :ssj:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Elderbean posted:

I don't mind the controls in combat but general movement, especially when there are a lot of trees or other objects, is horrible. There are way too many instances where Geralt or his horse just randomly slow down or get caught on something and then veer in a completely different direction. It's really my only complaint about the game.

Yeah, it's incredibly spazzy. And because my approach to combat is Always Be Rolling, sometimes you have areas with little obstacles on the ground like particularly stiff blades of grass that stop you cold and get you stunlocked to death.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PirateBob posted:

Is this referring to Roche from W2? If so, why is it spelled Roach this time. :ssj:

Nope, he's done that in every Witcher novel. All of his horses are named Roach.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PirateBob posted:

Roach is a type of fish. There's probably a pun or something. It doesn't have much to do with Roche.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Demiurge4 posted:

So I just finished the game. Incredible. I spent 60 hours on it and it was one hell of a ride from start to finish. Incredible story, amazing character arcs and superb acting from the voice cast. The animations, attention to detail and everything about it was just amazing.

Wow.

How the hell.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Apologies if it's already been asked but this thread has gone huge since last time I read it. Whats the deal with adrenaline? What does it actually do? I've looked in the tutorials but theres nothing to explain it properly.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It's hard to judge how far I am exactly - I feel like, based on this thread, that I am lagging just a little behind the average goon. But tbh, I don't feel I've accomplished much at all in this game and I'm 30 hours in.

I'm definitely going to be one of those 100 hour completion guys.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Crafting is a hell of a money maker. You will not be wanting for crowns once you can craft relic quality equipment. Some string, linen, cured leather, leather straps, and 24 gold nets you a pair of Assassin pants that sell for 363 gold to the same armorer.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Demiurge4 posted:

Wow.

How in god's name did you manage that? I'm at around the same time mark, if not further, and I have barely scratched Novigrad and not even touched Skellige. Did you just rush through main plot quests?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

How in god's name did you manage that? I'm at around the same time mark, if not further, and I have barely scratched Novigrad and not even touched Skellige. Did you just rush through main plot quests?

Well it does sound a little extreme when I think about it, i just went with what steam told me. But I've spent probably 14 hours a day on it since Tuesday.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Demiurge4 posted:

Well it does sound a little extreme when I think about it, i just went with what steam told me. But I've spent probably 14 hours a day on it since Tuesday.

Are you funemployed? Or just took days off?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

Nope, he's done that in every Witcher novel. All of his horses are named Roach.

Ah, thanks. :)

Orv
May 4, 2011

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Apologies if it's already been asked but this thread has gone huge since last time I read it. Whats the deal with adrenaline? What does it actually do? I've looked in the tutorials but theres nothing to explain it properly.

At the base level it gives you a small boost to melee damage the more pips you have. There is a general skill that allows you to exchange a pip of adrenaline for a stamina-free Sign cast. There might be some tie in to execution moves that I'm not aware of.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Solartide posted:

Are you funemployed? Or just took days off?

I took a few days off, yeah.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Orv posted:

At the base level it gives you a small boost to melee damage the more pips you have. There is a general skill that allows you to exchange a pip of adrenaline for a stamina-free Sign cast. There might be some tie in to execution moves that I'm not aware of.
There are also skills in the sword tree that let you revive if you send adrenaline and let you burn adrenaline to supercharge your Signs too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I wonder how stupid some of the signs get if you really stack up intensity. I'm not really set up to build for it but it seems like it would be fun to fus ro dah people with aard and stuff.