Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah this is the Whedon nobody likes who turns out to not be as bad as his brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Yeah this is the Whedon nobody likes who turns out to not be as bad as his brother.

So you're saying Joss is the Grant Ward of the family.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

greatn posted:

If only if it were Whedon Snr. There's a man who knew how to craft a superhero story.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mokinokaro posted:

He's just trying to give us closure with these characters :smith:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Mokinokaro posted:

As a fan of Joss Whedon I am completely comfortable with this comparison.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BrianWilly posted:

As a fan of Joss Whedon I am completely comfortable with this comparison.

#StandwithJoss

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Error 404 posted:

#StandwithJoss

Don't forget #WhedonsWarriors

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Pretty sure that finale was better than Ultron.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Zero One posted:

Pretty sure that finale was better than Ultron.

Not a hard mark to hit, though.

Also holy poo poo simmons nooooooooo

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Check out @TheCGReporter's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheCGReporter/status/601410907877482497?s=09

June 11 for season 2 on Netflix.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

That's really early to be put on streaming isn't it? Usually shows go up right before the fall season. Not that I'm complaining!

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

greatn posted:

Check out @TheCGReporter's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheCGReporter/status/601410907877482497?s=09

June 11 for season 2 on Netflix.

I might take the time to re-watch everything. I'm really wondering if the first 2/3rds of S1 might be more worthwhile knowing where it all ends up eventually. I suspect all the early AoS will still be really boring and suck, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

hope and vaseline posted:

That's really early to be put on streaming isn't it? Usually shows go up right before the fall season. Not that I'm complaining!

Yeah, must be wanting to keep the momentum from Daredevil going. Plus catch any new converts that may hear some buzz about the finale.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

PierreTheMime posted:

As far as I'm concerned Jemma still feels (or felt, prior to being dragged screaming into a hellish Kree nightmare) that she could "fix" her. She still has a deep distrust-bordering-on-hate of powered people, but overcame her cognitive dissonance with Skye by writing her off as "still good, pending fix."

Exactly. I wouldn't put it past her to actually believe that all Inhumans are "broken" at a genetic level and someone needs to "fix" them. Depending on how dark she goes, she'll probably try at some point with a virus, maybe even a lethal one.

At most she's tolerant of Skye's abilities, and still warm to her due to their shared past, but Jemma has some serious, deep seated trust issues with powered people. This is assuming that her little rock incident doesn't change her drastically.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sammus posted:

Exactly. I wouldn't put it past her to actually believe that all Inhumans are "broken" at a genetic level and someone needs to "fix" them. Depending on how dark she goes, she'll probably try at some point with a virus, maybe even a lethal one.

At most she's tolerant of Skye's abilities, and still warm to her due to their shared past, but Jemma has some serious, deep seated trust issues with powered people. This is assuming that her little rock incident doesn't change her drastically.

maybe she becomes what she hates--then realizes powers are awesome

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think my favourite Cal scene in both episodes was when he was fussing that doggy. :3: They need an animal member of the team next season so they have an excuse to visit.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe Fitz will finally get his monkey!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

McDragon posted:

I think my favourite Cal scene in both episodes was when he was fussing that doggy. :3: They need an animal member of the team next season so they have an excuse to visit.

Inhumans are canon now!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Sammus posted:

If my friend had condition that made her involuntary shake so hard her bones broke and I was a super-scientist, I'd probably try to fix her too.

It's like in crappy ol' X-Men 3 where Storms going on about how it's not right to "cure" mutants and Rogues like "hey my 'gift' is that I can't ever touch a living thing ever. How about you shut up."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hiddenriverninja posted:

maybe she becomes what she hates--then realizes powers are awesome

I want this because the other option is that she hates herself and that would make me sad :smith:

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I was testing out marvel's new f2p cashgrab game Future Fight on my phone today and I saw Jemma Simmons being mentioned in game.

:v:

e: as far as I know, Simmons is MCU originated, and just from the show at that, right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Musluk posted:

I was testing out marvel's new f2p cashgrab game Future Fight on my phone today and I saw Jemma Simmons being mentioned in game.

I see "left in favor of other pursuits" is code for "got eaten by an alien obelisk"

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Azhais posted:

I see "left in favor of other pursuits" is code for "got eaten by an alien obelisk"

Actually, in that game I believe she's currently working for AIM. :tinfoil:

Musluk
May 23, 2011

XboxPants posted:

Actually, in that game I believe she's currently working for AIM. :tinfoil:

Nah, AIM's abducting her I think, along with Ultron because reasons.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see AIM in AoS. They're goofy enough to fit in. Also more MODOK. Because MODOK.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
How is it that Netflix can get this show after a month, but none of the frickin movies after they've been out for years?

Musluk posted:

Nah, AIM's abducting her I think, along with Ultron because reasons.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see AIM in AoS. They're goofy enough to fit in. Also more MODOK. Because MODOK.

Wasn't AIM destroyed in Iron Man 3?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

Cut off one beekeeper helmet, two others shall take its place.

e: I literally forgot about the AIM in IM3 lol. Extremis too. Probably because they were just set dressings without any good substance. Though the AIM thinktank did get into a few defense contracts in the movie iirc so some remnant could still be around.

Musluk fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 22, 2015

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Azhais posted:

Nah, "eaten by an alien obelisk" is a Code 83. It's surprising how often that happens.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Irish Joe posted:

How is it that Netflix can get this show after a month, but none of the frickin movies after they've been out for years?

Captain America and IM 1 and 2 were on netflix until about a year or two ago.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

swickles posted:

Captain America and IM 1 and 2 were on netflix until about a year or two ago.

Avengers was there for a while too. And I think one of the Thors at one point.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Buddington posted:

Avengers was there for a while too. And I think one of the Thors at one point.

Yeah I remember watching Avengers on Netflix.

Huh.

Wonder what happened.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Musluk posted:

Yeah I remember watching Avengers on Netflix.

Huh.

Wonder what happened.

I don't know how or if the Disney deal alters this, but I remember back when I worked for them that streaming licensing deals have built in time limits. A few years on average.

So movies would get added, and pulled down when the license runs out, then a new license agreement gets worked out and the movie goes back online.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Kilgrave: Straight Pimpin

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh boy, another great character of color falls victim to Hollywood white-washing.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Let's face it: him actually being purple all the time would have been kind of ridiculous and impossible to pull off. The logical idea is to only have him purple when he's doing his persuadey thing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

boom boom boom posted:

Oh boy, another great character of color falls victim to Hollywood white-washing.

It's outrageous, there are so many talented purple-american actors that can't find work.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Definitely a dead ringer for Elizabeth Henstridge :v:

(I know, I know, Marvel licensing can get weird w/ RL likeness but still)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Musluk posted:

Definitely a dead ringer for Elizabeth Henstridge :v:

Hahaha.

Looks like they're just reusing some old Capcom assets.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Perfect.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Error 404 posted:

I don't know how or if the Disney deal alters this, but I remember back when I worked for them that streaming licensing deals have built in time limits. A few years on average.

So movies would get added, and pulled down when the license runs out, then a new license agreement gets worked out and the movie goes back online.

I don't remember who it was, but another streamer got the Disney movie rights away from Netflix. Netflix wouldn't get anything after Avengers and would only have anything earlier until the start of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I kinda hope that's from the scene where he gets annoyed and makes an entire restaurant/cafe stop breathing because they were too loud.

• Locked thread