Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

No Mods No Masters posted:

I wonder how stupid some of the signs get if you really stack up intensity. I'm not really set up to build for it but it seems like it would be fun to fus ro dah people with aard and stuff.

With the full Griffin set and some Blue mutagens my Igni's decimate equal level drowner packs in 2 shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I wish that when you are in combat, and you want to run around, it would let you instead of stopping randomly to go in your defense sword stance for no reason.

Orv
May 4, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

I wonder how stupid some of the signs get if you really stack up intensity. I'm not really set up to build for it but it seems like it would be fun to fus ro dah people with aard and stuff.

With my Superior Griffin Armor slotted with Quen intensity slots means Quen can soak multiple hits from a skull level enemy. It's pretty dumb.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bland posted:

With the full Griffin set and some Blue mutagens my Igni's decimate equal level drowner packs in 2 shots

And everything starts burning when you cast it. Igni becomes really loving good when you stack intensity.

Orv posted:

With my Superior Griffin Armor slotted with Quen intensity slots means Quen can soak multiple hits from a skull level enemy. It's pretty dumb.

What difficulty are you on?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The ability that lets to use adrenaline for signs is pretty great when you have a long fight. Spam igni all day.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Andrast posted:

What difficulty are you on?

Death March.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
Love this game so much but REALLY wish game devs stop the trope of "pound ground and does significant damage in a radius"

I can see it for titanic enemies, but not even for some 2000lb fatass creature. Chances are it would just shatter its fist into the ground.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
how much are people using Dodge, as opposed to just rolling? I'm on a keyboard, and I haven't really figured out an optimal set of key-binds yet.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Turds in magma posted:

how much are people using Dodge, as opposed to just rolling? I'm on a keyboard, and I haven't really figured out an optimal set of key-binds yet.

For most attacks I feel like dodge is a lot better. I feel like roll has few, if any, invinciblity frames, but dodge has a good amount. It also puts you less far away from the enemy so you can keep on the pressure. You still need roll sometimes but I probably dodge 90% of the time. This is on a controller though, I understand dodge has a super awkward default keybind on m/kb.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Turds in magma posted:

I only roll for massive monsters or oh gently caress I'm surrounded moments. Otherwise never stop dodging.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Turds in magma posted:

Also, stamina doesn't regenerate for the duration of the rolling animation, while dodging doesn't interrupt it.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Voyager I posted:

Man, I think accidentally selling / buying the wrong item at merchants or dropping the wrong equipment and then realizing something valuable was missing from my inventory has been the cause of of more restarts than anything else at this point.

I've really got to start F5'ing before I shop.

Yeah it's annoying there is no buyback function like in most games.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yeah I'd roll if you're really surrounded and need to get out, you need to cover distance to get to like an archer for example, you want to get behind a big enemy for backstabs, and sometimes big enemies have huge awkward attacks where you kinda need roll to get out. Otherwise I feel dodge might be strictly better. The stamina regeneration issue is a good point too.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I'm really feeling this game now I've played it a bit. Love the setting.
Even the translation errors are adorable.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
So what's the deal with all the Chernobogg runestones adding 0 attack power?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Remember those researchers in Witcher 2 who gave you some potion. Well...http://m.imgur.com/1UG3xZA

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Remember those researchers in Witcher 2 who gave you some potion. Well...http://m.imgur.com/1UG3xZA

Haha oh wow :aaaaa:

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Has anyone found any Erynie in the Velen No Mans Land? I've tried looking around all the harpies to the north, but no dice. And this Cockatrice is kicking my arse

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Right? I love that Geralt is a well known man whore and of course that result is hilarious.

Sometimes reddit isn't complete trash. That's where I found that image.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Just did that Ladies of the Wood story....:stare:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Crooked Warden posted:

Description bug. They have a chance to reflect damage according to what I've read.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
after walking out of the barber i seemed to have developed a mild case of sudden tattoo . Is it a bug ? a feature ?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

admataY posted:

after walking out of the barber i seemed to have developed a mild case of sudden tattoo . Is it a bug ? a feature ?

Bug. You should only have the tattoo if you imported a Witcher 2 save that had it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hammerstein posted:

They're some Silent Hill looking poo poo

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

admataY posted:

A bug that's actually a feature. Blue stripes for ever :smug:

Pole of Mars
Aug 19, 2008

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom
How exactly do you get the Frenzy skill to trigger in the alchemy tree? I can't make it work.

Does it only work on humans who blocks your attacks and counter them?

(yes, my toxicity is above 0)

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Ugh, optional quest to kill Radovid. Sounds good but i bet itll gently caress everything up and cause the death of everyone i love

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Is the Riposte move any good vs monsters, the one where you hit block when something starts to attack. Or does it only work vs humans ?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Turds in magma posted:

I use one of my mouse thumb buttons. It somehow feels more natural to me.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

The face Geralt makes when the fat one says she'd suck every last drop out of him is perfect. Its the exact disgusted face I was making.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

The Crooked Warden posted:

I was wondering this too.

Also has there been any development in the whole "crashing like a motherfucker" state of the game? I've done what tweaks and changes I can but still get fairly frequent crashes. Sorry if it was mentioned earlier but this thread moves fast and even with spoiler tags I'm trying to avoid having anything ruined.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

The alternate trap skill is pretty cool and also pretty buggy. It's basically a little turret that does really good damage. Not sure if it scales at all but it can 2 shot stuff at level 8. It's really buggy though when it can't shoot on certain terrain.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I could never get through the first game in this series because the characters, including Geralt, seemed really flat and kind of uninteresting to me. Is this one any better in that regard? For reference, I really like how Bioware handles their characters.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Turds in magma posted:

I use dodge a lot more than roll. Dodge is for countering most attacks, roll is to avoid any major attack with a large radius (breath, stomp, wide cone swipe, etc.). After rolling, usually you're out of range and/or the enemy has recovered from their animation before you can counter. Roll is also useful when engaged with more enemies than you can reliably Parry/Quen/Yrden/Aard out of. I generally prefer dodge when it's 3 or fewer normal targets.

Also, a gamepad will do wonders. I get it may not be feasible, but calling it out in case it's an option for you.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Nichael posted:

I could never get through the first game in this series because the characters, including Geralt, seemed really flat and kind of uninteresting to me. Is this one any better in that regard? For reference, I really like how Bioware handles their characters.

My gaming days go back to the days of Pool of Radiance on the C-64 and in the recent years I have not been captivated by any rpg except for Dragon Age Origins. Fallout and Baldurs Gate (1+2 each) were also great, but considering that they were released somewhere around 1999-2000 they also belong to ancient history already.

This is the first time in ages that an rpg game really captivates me again. It's like Skyrim, but with interesting characters (which Skyrim in my opinion lacked) and an incredible story so far.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

The horse spazzes out on bridges sometimes.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Nichael posted:

Each game in the series has been a massive improvement on the previous one. Witcher 1 was basically the growing pains, and I would say many people don't really like it but love 2 and 3. Myself included- for me mainly because I feel CDPR really came into their own in terms of storytelling, characters, and player choice with 2. No matter what these games are different in a lot of ways from the Bioware house style, but imo they're mostly good ways. Approach it with an open mind and you might like it.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Heliosicle posted:

Had the most insane game of Gwent. Opponent drew 5 spies in a row at the very end and won on a draw with everything being worth 1 :argh:.

I had something like that happen where at the very end I was up, opponent plays scorch card with the very last one and kills me and wins I was about to punch my monitor... its this one loving merchant in Velen and I have no idea why I can't beat him everyone else I have defeated fairlry easily.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Pole of Mars posted:

How exactly do you get the Frenzy skill to trigger in the alchemy tree? I can't make it work.

Does it only work on humans who blocks your attacks and counter them?

(yes, my toxicity is above 0)

Is that the slowdown one? It only triggers from the counterattacks, like when you hit a wyvern or griffin and they cover themselves with their wings then snap at you quickly. It's really pronounced when it happens; I've seen it with big hybrids, draconids, elementals, and some of the more robust necrophages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this has probably been answered plenty of times, but has anyone found a journeymen blacksmith? trying to make the griffin school weapons.