Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ahahaha there's an achievement called "Fist of the South Star"

this game is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inevitablelongshot
Mar 26, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

Just did that Ladies of the Wood story....:stare:

The music and sound effects for that and the previous quest in the line: The tree spirit ,was very creepy and unsettling indeed. i was playing on a pair of headphones and kept getting creeped out having to take them off and look behind me.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I didn't realize that the Hair & Beard DLC prevent dynamic beard growth, so I went ahead and disabled the DLC and of course I can't load my savegame without it due to dependencies. What a bummer.

Or is it just the DLC beards/haircuts that disable beard growth?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

No Mods No Masters posted:

They have a long history in the books, which include an earlier war between the north and milfguard as a central element.
This is an old post but saving it for posterity as the best typo.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

necrobobsledder posted:

This is an old post but saving it for posterity as the best typo.

It was deliberate, I just really enjoy calling them that and I encourage everyone else to do so as well

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

I didn't realize that the Hair & Beard DLC prevent dynamic beard growth, so I went ahead and disabled the DLC and of course I can't load my savegame without it due to dependencies. What a bummer.

I have the DLC installed and my beard is still growing so i dont know wtf.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Inevitablelongshot posted:

The music and sound effects for that and the previous quest in the line: The tree spirit ,was very creepy and unsettling indeed. i was playing on a pair of headphones and kept getting creeped out having to take them off and look behind me.

The loving heartbeat inside the cave, man. :stare:

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Is it possible to move my Witcher 3 install to a new drive without loving everything up? Want to get it going on my SSD (I die a lot you see0.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Cool so I died for the first time and when I tried to load my save the game froze. No big deal I'll just reset my console. Load up the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt again and...get stuck perpetually at the "please wait..." part of the title screen. Great.

loving Xbox One, man....

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

HyperPuma posted:

Now I'm fuckin ballin got swipes for map, inventory, meditate, and quests, PS button changes sign, and click in touchpad is quicksave

Could you post the settings you did for this? I'm guessing it's some combo of ds4windows settings and the keybindings ini file?

Tyree posted:

I wish that when you are in combat, and you want to run around, it would let you instead of stopping randomly to go in your defense sword stance for no reason.

If you hold A (or whatever sprint is on keyboard) you can run even in combat, in any direction.

Metal Bear
Jun 18, 2014

Any tips for the Jenny of the Wood contract? I'm getting stomped :cripes:.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Metal Bear posted:

Yrden, dodge her swoops.

So there's an elf merchant Person(s) in Distress point to the east of Crossroads, one of the few points of interests south east of Oxenfurt. Except when you rescue him, he says "If you'd even think to help an elf in times like these vatt'ghern, come to the camp at ________ and I'll reward you". Where ________ is supposed to be the name of the place, except the audio track just cuts out for a second when he says it. :cripes:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

AwwJeah posted:

Cool so I died for the first time and when I tried to load my save the game froze. No big deal I'll just reset my console. Load up the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt again and...get stuck perpetually at the "please wait..." part of the title screen. Great.

loving Xbox One, man....

The game hates you for playing it on the inferior platform and this is your punishment.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Metal Bear posted:

Spectre oil, don't fight her at 12 pm, and a lot of yrden. Don't get greedy with your attacks / damage, do at most three hits before disengaging

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

beergod posted:

Is it possible to move my Witcher 3 install to a new drive without loving everything up? Want to get it going on my SSD (I die a lot you see0.

Yup.

Exit GOG Galaxy -> Move your Witcher 3 game folder to SSD -> Open GOG Galaxy -> Click the + button, top left, next to the search bar -> Scan and import folders -> Point to the folder the Witcher 3 game folder is located in -> Profit

You might also need to check and verify the files, just to be sure (More -> Manage -> Verify / Repair)?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Demiurge4 posted:

So I just finished the game. Incredible. I spent 60 hours on it and it was one hell of a ride from start to finish. Incredible story, amazing character arcs and superb acting from the voice cast. The animations, attention to detail and everything about it was just amazing.

Wow.

How many of the question marks and side quests did you do by the end?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Geralt just fuckin... just fuckin turn toward the chest. No not there. No don't take a massive step. Geralt. GERALT. JUST LOOK AT THE CHEST. GERALT. JUST GO IN THE DIRECTION I WANT YOU TO GO. DO WHAT I TELL YOU TO DO

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Are there any monsters that don't get staggered when set aflame? I'm trying to get my Igni burn chance up because flame thrower against monsters just gets me killed instantly if they don't start burning.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
So it turns out almost all my difficulties were down to misremembering the controls for counterattacks. Once I reviewed the tutorial section of the journal, things got crazymuch easier. I've been on 'blood & broken bones' from the start (actually dropped back from death march during griffin-time because after the 4th death or so I wasn't having fun 'learning' attack patterns anymore, but on my next playthrough I'll be back) so yeah, the game is pretty drat forgiving of stupid kludging if you're stubborn/grindy enough.

I'm really looking forward to playing again once I've burned the TW2 muscle memory out of my fingers, because the few things I've learned to do well, I can now do REALLY well. I cringe at DkS comparisons because they're very different games, but you are definitely better off spending 5 minutes learning tactics compared to 5 hrs grinding gear.

vv -- I think I'll call it... Emmantaler!

Psiharis fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 23, 2015

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Did you know? there is a dungeon of cheese wizard, a tyromancer, in this game, complete with tons of stinky cheese wedges placed around it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Orv
May 4, 2011
Comte, whoever did Of Dairy and Darkness deserves a round of applause and a week in the psych ward.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
CHEESE WHIZzards. I mean apparently tyromancy is historically a thing and it's not so far from the pellar's blood&milk approach but still... hahaha yessss.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Whoever wrote carnal sins I loving hate you.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
So does GreenManGaming have keys now and are good, or is the situation with them still shady?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Fuuuck Skellige is absolutely god drat stunning holy poo poo. The bear armour set is cool as gently caress too.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Everything north of Novigrad is loving terrible, don't go there.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

Whoever wrote carnal sins I loving hate you.

Not feeling the fanatical vampire serial killer?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

No Mods No Masters posted:

For most attacks I feel like dodge is a lot better. I feel like roll has few, if any, invinciblity frames, but dodge has a good amount. It also puts you less far away from the enemy so you can keep on the pressure. You still need roll sometimes but I probably dodge 90% of the time. This is on a controller though, I understand dodge has a super awkward default keybind on m/kb.

You can double-tap a direction on m/kb to dodge as well. Which is far, far more easy/useful than using the keybind.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
oh gently caress there's a saddlebag in Oreton that basically doubles your inventory weight.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
I killed a wyvern while getting the griffin sword. It didn't drop anything, maybe because I killed it in an awkward location, body was inside of a hill. Was he supposed to drop something?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
This whorehouse has an appropriate amount of broken rakes sitting around. :rimshot:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Solartide posted:

I killed a wyvern while getting the griffin sword. It didn't drop anything, maybe because I killed it in an awkward location, body was inside of a hill. Was he supposed to drop something?

If you mean the one in Lornruk it seems to drop nothing at all for anyone.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Did they hotfix the weight limit mod? It is showing my weight limit at 9999 but it is saying I'm overburdened/can't run.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

Anti-Hero posted:

I believe it only disables it for the custom beards, I have yet to apply any of the custom beards but I do have the DLC, just become clean shaven and it should work.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

On the final line of quests now I think. "Final Preperations" is the name at least!

Games' been great so far though, shits all over Dragon Age: Inquisition

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

HyperPuma posted:

e; oh wow now I feel dumb, ds4windows also has a scancode toggle when assigning keys and you can just use regular m lol. Also doesn't seem to have the problem this guy did with it toggling multiple times in a single swipe

Yep, ticking that little scancode box made it work. Much appreciated. :sun:

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
How does the Emperor actually plan to knock up a teleporting Blendtec Blender even if he manages to get his hands on her?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I did a bunch of googling but are there any changes to make to the ini to stop the bad pop-in I get, people and enemies appear feet in front of me sometimes and in cutscenes whenever it cuts to Geralt his beard is missing for a few seconds and then it fades in, same with other characters hair, not using the hair effect stuff either, I'm well above the specs and I'm running it at a solid 60fps on ultra, it's really starting to take its toll on 'my immersion'

Just happened again where Geralt put his hand out to show something to somebody and the item took a solid few seconds to appear before being beamed in slowly from the Enterprise or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
That play is something else.