Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Dirt posted:

So If I install EQ via steam, and sign up for "all access", Ragefire should show up on the server selection screen, right? That's all I need to do?

Decided to install it via steam on home PC while at work, think I am gonna check it out tonight, if it works at all. :P

Probably going to make an Erudite Necromancer. Stonebrunt/the Warrens are in, right?

Neither Stonebrunt or the Warrens are in, unfortunately. Toxx is still probably the best strating zone, however, do to the lowest pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Batmasterson posted:

Neither Stonebrunt or the Warrens are in, unfortunately. Toxx is still probably the best strating zone, however, do to the lowest pop.

Well that sucks, I love those zones :(

Server is coming down in a bit, I guess they are adding some code to auto boot AFK people.

XP is slower than I expected. Very classic-ish. It's about on par with P1999's XP rate. I got to level 3, and it seemed like it took forever. :D

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dirt posted:

Server is coming down in a bit, I guess they are adding some code to auto boot AFK people.

Or they're just gonna bring the servers down now and then to filter out the AFK people using macros to stay online.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Republicans posted:

Or they're just gonna bring the servers down now and then to filter out the AFK people using macros to stay online.

Code based anti-afk measures: Script that reboots the server every 8 hours.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Marketplace titles are obtainable :toot:

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Well, overall I have had fun here tonight.

I rerolled as a monk in Qeynos(my favorite newbie zone). Some guy gave me some sweet rusty knuckles, and I got a cracked staff, so I am basically awesome now.

But I got disconnected and now I can't get back in, and that sucks. Hopefully they get this poo poo figured out.

I have also started sending rude tells to obvious box squads. When you see one dude killing poo poo in the North Qeynos yard with 5 people autofollowing him, you should probably make fun of him at least a little bit.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
lol at $90 USD per month to play this piece of poo poo with an army

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Lant posted:

Marketplace titles are obtainable :toot:

So I had some free Daybreak dollars, and I bought that same pack of titles...But I have no idea how to use it?

What do I need to do to get "The Loser" title? haha

edit: I figured it out.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 23, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

How do you do it? It took me 45 minutes to figure out armour and weapon appearances last night. That was time I could have been not fighting mobs.

Also, the confetti, smoke, and other things you can have going off around your character, do they only last like 5 minutes or something? Seem pretty cheap at only 100 Smedbucks.

jabro fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 23, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

jabro posted:

How do you do it? It took me 45 minutes to figure out armour and weapon appearances last night. That was time I could have been not fighting mobs.

Also, the confetti, smoke, and other things you can have going off around your character, do they only last like 5 minutes or something? Seem pretty cheap at only 100 Smedbucks.

I just right clicked the "spell" that it gives you, then hit poo poo-T to bring up the titles window and select your title.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Dirt posted:

Well, overall I have had fun here tonight.

I rerolled as a monk in Qeynos(my favorite newbie zone). Some guy gave me some sweet rusty knuckles, and I got a cracked staff, so I am basically awesome now.

But I got disconnected and now I can't get back in, and that sucks. Hopefully they get this poo poo figured out.

I have also started sending rude tells to obvious box squads. When you see one dude killing poo poo in the North Qeynos yard with 5 people autofollowing him, you should probably make fun of him at least a little bit.

P sure bare hands are better than weapons for monks for a long time.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Kazak_Hstan posted:

P sure bare hands are better than weapons for monks for a long time.

Yeah everyone in the monk global chat seem to agree that cracked staff is legit until level 5, then it's bare fists until 50.

My goal is to get to level ~15ish, then go to upper Guk until I get a full set of Meshed armor. That should last awhile.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
How are rangers since we get live spell data and poo poo?

I want to make a monk or a ranger.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
Did some grouping in South Ro tonight with Goonlord. Pretty fun, fast exp and bugfree. With 3 shamans, 2 shadowknights, and a lone halfing ranger, we had a pretty decent group.

Screenshot bonus:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I am sitting in the Ocean of Tears waiting in a queue for the Deepwater Harpoon. Where did my life go wrong.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

joshtothemaxx posted:

I am sitting in the Ocean of Tears waiting in a queue for the Deepwater Harpoon. Where did my life go wrong.

Wait until your high enough to get on the AC list

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Basfreak67 posted:

Did some grouping in South Ro tonight with Goonlord. Pretty fun, fast exp and bugfree. With 3 shamans, 2 shadowknights, and a lone halfing ranger, we had a pretty decent group.

If you died to some mummy trains in nro, that might have been me. I'd say sorry, but I'm not. Because I spent two hours laughing my rear end off at killing sitting casters and box crews with slow undead.

Full undead aggro is so much fun. Just need to drag them close to another player for training, and if the player survives well enough to run away, you can call your zombies back by running up closer to them than the person they're chasing. Saves them from being killed by guards or being taken for a long trip to a zone line.

Better than classic, there' s no CS to do anything about me keeping half a zone clear of players.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

How does Ragefire differ from P99 at this point? Is it just the multi boxing? Or anything else substantive as well? Trying to decide if I should migrate to Ragefire...

Pathos fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 23, 2015

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

jetz0r posted:

If you died to some mummy trains in nro, that might have been me. I'd say sorry, but I'm not. Because I spent two hours laughing my rear end off at killing sitting casters and box crews with slow undead.

Full undead aggro is so much fun. Just need to drag them close to another player for training, and if the player survives well enough to run away, you can call your zombies back by running up closer to them than the person they're chasing. Saves them from being killed by guards or being taken for a long trip to a zone line.

Better than classic, there' s no CS to do anything about me keeping half a zone clear of players.

This is how you play EverQuest.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Hey guys.

Saying mean things to boxers on the forums is literal racism.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004

jetz0r posted:

No zombie deaths here!

But this is loving awesome.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Pathos posted:

How does Ragefire differ from P99 at this point? Is it just the multi boxing? Or anything else substantive as well? Trying to decide if I should migrate to Ragefire...
There's a huge difference. Ragefire has current spell sets (all classes get a spell for each level, and many spells added in later expansions for levels 1-50 are in), homebrew somewhat-classic XP, overhauled zones (such as FP, OOT, Ro etc.), old quests that were altered on live were not painstakingly made classic as they have been on P1999, damage tables and damage/spell scaling is the same as it is on live now (many classes are superpowered compared to the old days/P1999), agro/assist range/sneak mechanics are as they are on Live (unlike P1999 where they have been years tweaking it), and much more.

Basically, they have taken Live EQ, capped levels at 50, and cut all expansions. That's pretty much it (with a few exceptions), and the result isn't close to P1999. But it can still be fun of course.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE

Basfreak67 posted:

Screenshot bonus:

Pugdush the Useless and Goonlord the Terrified are unstoppable

Server's fun, Guk wasn't too bad of a shitshow even with 60 players in it, can't wait to get to 35 and have 200 players in Sol B. First night was great, they have some weird dynamic respawn thing in overcrowded outdoor zones - Innothule had lines of froglok patrols 10+ frogloks wide running into 2 or 3 groups of trolls and ogres. It was like a war over Innothule.

At this point I'm guessing they won't open a second server because they're anticipating a sharp drop in players pretty quick.

e: This server is great. 6-box mage came up and flagrantly tried to KS our red con croc we were fighting at the beach in Oasis. Failed to KS and I trained a sand giant on him 2 minutes later, all 6 of his characters died. No play nice policy. BEACH JUSTICE

Dracneir fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 24, 2015

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Dracneir posted:

e: This server is great. 6-box mage came up and flagrantly tried to KS our red con croc we were fighting at the beach in Oasis. Failed to KS and I trained a sand giant on him 2 minutes later, all 6 of his characters died. No play nice policy. BEACH JUSTICE

The amount of mage-box groups I saw lined up alone the shore in Oasis was pretty comical.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

The amount of mage-box groups I saw lined up alone the shore in Oasis was pretty comical.

It was even funnier watching him try to micro with 2 sand giants beating him to pieces.

God this gently caress EVERYONE policy daybreak has is fun as hell.

Zombones
Oct 17, 2004
How are Enchanter pets on progression? I can't decide between Enchanter or Necro.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
:lol: Nagafen just died. It's been what two and a half days since the server wipe?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Vox too

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
weird I posted they died like 40 minutes ago but my post isnt here. prob put it in the wrong thread lolzz

loll yeah put it in p99 hehehe

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

jetz0r posted:

there' s no CS to do anything about me keeping half a zone clear of players

Kungen got banned for training a multiboxer so theres at least one GM somewheres :/

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Also: Naggy, Vox and Phinny are all dead to a mostly mage crew :/

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
I like to imagine it was three guys six-boxing.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ashenden posted:

I like to imagine it was three guys six-boxing.

Either way the amount of salt on the official forums is worth it :munch:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I read last night that there were a couple of two-boxers but most of the raid was non-boxers. Wish it was 3 six-boxers though. That would have been awesome. I don't box but can't stand the militants non-boxers. EVERYONE NEEDS TO PLAY THIS GAME EXACTLY LIKE ME OR GTFO.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I don't see what's wrong with boxing. I started doing it very early, during Kunark, so boxing is part of the classic EQ experience for me.

I think that's what started my love for MMOs where you can have your own party like guildwars and FFXI.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
I'm Darallan!

I helped get him suspended.

(He is only suspended for 4 days for training multiple times and livestreaming it, but is apparently unable to read the english he got in his suspension email that says 4 day suspension, and the "removed character from game" the GM force disconnected him several times before he got banned.)

Can see it here: http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv/v/5387993 at 2:25+ marks

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Hexel posted:

Kungen got banned for training a multiboxer so theres at least one GM somewheres :/

My immersion! :(

Jotto posted:

(He is only suspended for 4 days for training multiple times and livestreaming it, but is apparently unable to read the english he got in his suspension email that says 4 day suspension, and the "removed character from game" the GM force disconnected him several times before he got banned.)

Can see it here: http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv/v/5387993 at 2:25+ marks

Hahaha. "I'm getting forced disconnections. So I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing"

Pay attention to warning shots, people.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Looks like they just unsuspended him. Can't have a twitch streamer suspended for being a dick!

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
got our cleric a bs tunic ninja'ing the noble in unrest after it wiped a group :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Jotto posted:

Looks like they just unsuspended him. Can't have a twitch streamer suspended for being a dick!

I'd say more like not selectively enforcing the rules after announcing a free for all. If there were ban waves of other monks you'd have an argument.