Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Xolve posted:

Because EHP doesn't matter on Blops- if you're taking a fight with a brawl heavy gang, take Redeemers and double plated logi Sins (which are still arguably terrible). You only need enough of a tank to live through 1-2 vollies from whatever you jumped onto.

Definitely a missed opportunity.

What is the Nestor actually used for? Hangar Candy?

Dickwaving with RR fleets on SiSi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

mikey posted:

It would actually need a meaningful drawback too, like a smaller size, otherwise you can just park two HICs at a gate and render nullification meaningless. Give it a 12-15km radius, and you need a lot more than two of them to cover a gate.

How about only allowing a HIC to activate that script if he currently isn't affected by non-targeted interdiction? So he can't be in other bubbles, so you cant block a gate (without having a lot of hics) from both bubble immune and non bubble immune things.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

What would you use a Black Ops Carrier for, if you had one?

Pretty sure all carriers carry a cloak in their Hangar somewhere, I'm not proposing a black ops carrier- simply stating, drop a triage carrier if you think you'd need it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

Pretty sure all carriers carry a cloak in their Hangar somewhere, I'm not proposing a black ops carrier- simply stating, drop a triage carrier if you think you'd need it.

Carriers can't jump to covert cynos. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a covert cyno with a bunch of blops things if you are planning on bringing a carrier.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

Carriers can't jump to covert cynos. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a covert cyno with a bunch of blops things if you are planning on bringing a carrier.

Most bait ships can't fit covert cynos, so you're point is pretty invalid.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

Most bait ships can't fit covert cynos, so you're point is pretty invalid.

Not all cynos are on bait ships.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Not all cynos are on bait ships.

Please, whatever you do, don't make my point for me.

It's almost like- you could have a brick tanked ship with a regular cyno fitted for an emergency situation where you'd need Triage.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Put the regular cyno on the force recon, cyno the recon to the covert cyno, cyno the carrier to the recon. It's like Russian nesting dolls! :yayclod:

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Xolve posted:

Please, whatever you do, don't make my point for me.

It's almost like- you could have a brick tanked ship with a regular cyno fitted for an emergency situation where you'd need Triage.

Your fit is still terrible hth. What's the fun of piling a bunch of blops battleships on someone who won't shoot back? Just use bombers for that, instead of manning your overpriced autism chariot that has less ehp than a recon.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Had my first go in a fleet action tonight, 80 pilots or so and me in the amarr ewar frigate.

Not sure if I enjoyed it or not. We did get in a fight, stomped them pretty hard near as I can tell, but it didn't exactly feel like an engaging experience. Didn't feel like I had much real impact or influence. :shrug:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

smertrioslol posted:

Your fit is still terrible hth. What's the fun of piling a bunch of blops battleships on someone who won't shoot back? Just use bombers for that, instead of manning your overpriced autism chariot that has less ehp than a recon.

because i spent loving months training for the ability to throw around my autism chariot, and gently caress you dad i'll drop whatever the gently caress I want to drop on whoever the gently caress i want to drop it on

No but seriously, blops can melt a target fast enough that by the time anyone thinks to come help their buddy you're already mjd-ing out and cloaking. Sure, with a cheapass bomber you don't care if you get caught, but if you don't care about getting caught it's not really as fun. Sorta like when why people think it's fun to fool around or have sex in public: people get so jaded that they need risk to have fun:heysexy:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

smertrioslol posted:

What's the fun of piling a bunch of blops battleships on someone who won't shoot back?

This is pretty much the very purpose for the entire line of ships to exist.

I'm sorry you hate fun. This is pretty much line for line the same fit that PL, BL, Pizza and several other noted Active Blops groups use; again, having a EHP Brick is an unnecessary feature for a blops- their dps will melt just about anything short of a capital in a few volleys. The only two things that matter for a black ops are align time and dps. EHP, Resistance Profiles, Speed are all pretty secondary. If you're doing anything other than jumping, activating your cap booster, overheating everything, killing the target then MJDing out and cloaking while waiting for a out cyno- you're doing it wrong.

smertrioslol posted:

Just use bombers for that, instead of manning your overpriced autism chariot that has less ehp than a recon.

The day bombers have jump drives, I most certainly will. Until then, gates are for subhumans.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 23, 2015

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

TBH this is what polarized torp launchers on bombers are for. My hound does 900dps. 'Sup.

(Or a 700dps Gecko Stratios.)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

smertrioslol posted:

What's the fun of piling a bunch of blops battleships on someone who won't shoot back? Just use bombers for that, instead of manning your overpriced autism chariot that has less ehp than a recon.

A poor general goes to war and tries to win; a smart general wins first, and then goes to war.

Why do hunters shoot their quarry with powerful efficient rifles instead of hucking pointy rocks?

Really, this sounds like someone got hot dropped once or thrice.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I think the obvious idea would be that you have way more mobility, damage, and utility with less actual ships, giving you a much larger engagement profile, but I've never actually flown any blops outside of a few random gate camps so who knows.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Plus you get to fly cool autism chariots focused attention luxury sedans that make poo poo go KABOOM KABLOOIE.

I have a fun panther fit but I don't think I'll post it. Makes things die, though. Not that I've flown it post-Phoebe. :smith:

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

CommonShore posted:

A poor general goes to war and tries to win; a smart general wins first, and then goes to war.

Why do hunters shoot their quarry with powerful efficient rifles instead of hucking pointy rocks?

Really, this sounds like someone got hot dropped once or thrice.

Maybe I'm just a broken human being who enjoys a good fight more than just ganking. This is still a game, right? The argument that a blops BS is all agility and dps only applies if I'm not going to try and drop on something that I hope shoots back and brings friends. There's a reason why half of space violence could auto-pilot through syndicate and never get shot at and it's because we did great escalations with blops BS and capitals to all of its denizens.

:smugdog: I don't get hot dropped (anymore) because that would involve being in k-space more than roaming a random region.

edit: and yeah it sucks that phoebe really killed the kind of lazy playstyle I loved with hot dropping off of a titan/blops BS. At least popping out of a random wormhole has the same "oh poo poo" effect on the people you're gunning after

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

I'm sorry you hate fun. This is pretty much line for line the same fit that PL, BL, Pizza and several other noted Active Blops groups use; again, having a EHP Brick is an unnecessary feature for a blops- their dps will melt just about anything short of a capital in a few volleys. The only two things that matter for a black ops are align time and dps. EHP, Resistance Profiles, Speed are all pretty secondary. If you're doing anything other than jumping, activating your cap booster, overheating everything, killing the target then MJDing out and cloaking while waiting for a out cyno- you're doing it wrong.

lookit this nerd who's never flown in a brawler sin gang holding its own against multiple carriers or dreads

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Glory of Arioch posted:

lookit this nerd who's never flown in a brawler sin gang holding its own against multiple carriers or dreads

It makes me want to post my deadspace remote rep sin fit. But I won't. Spider tanking blopses are so much fun.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
Can ship assembly arrays build only the same sized hull as the array, or can they build that size AND anything smaller than that? Can i build frigates in a medium array or cruisers in a LSAA for example?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

lookit this nerd who's never multiboxed supers onto multiple hostile carriers and dreads.

smertrioslol posted:

Maybe I'm just a broken human being who enjoys a good fight more than just ganking. This is still a game, right? The argument that a blops BS is all agility and dps only applies if I'm not going to try and drop on something that I hope shoots back and brings friends. There's a reason why half of space violence could auto-pilot through syndicate and never get shot at and it's because we did great escalations with blops BS and capitals to all of its denizens.

ROFL.

How very ~Elite PvP~ of you.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I went and got myself blown up! Somehow I have a stupid grin in my face.

Not sure how to deal with neuts, though. Carry my own? Use those cap booster thingies? But that's a slot I'm not using for other things. Hmmmm.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Traveller posted:

I went and got myself blown up! Somehow I have a stupid grin in my face.

Not sure how to deal with neuts, though. Carry my own? Use those cap booster thingies? But that's a slot I'm not using for other things. Hmmmm.

Thus you run into the real dilemma of Eve fitting. Generally a Nosferatu is a good way to alleviate Neuting pressure. It's not a hard counter, but it will keep your point and your guns running. Cap Boosters are not so terrible either, but are generally used to shore up an Active Tank instead.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Flanders No!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Flanders No!

:suspense:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

:rip: Flanders.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Heh. Someone's been stalking me on Steam. RIP Flanders.

e: (Context.)

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 23, 2015

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ullerrm posted:

THEY BLEW IT ALL UP

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Kesper North posted:

THEY BLEW IT ALL UP

THOSE BASTARDS

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Kesper North posted:

THEY BLEW IT ALL UP

What happened to Gentleman's Agreement?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

Well I can't take fitting advice form that face. Someone else has to figure all of this out now.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

lmfao

what the gently caress is the cirno baka brigade?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Tell me how you really feel about that 'Perfect Game' statistic.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Valar Morghulis posted:

Lake got a girlfriend and much of my directorate hosed off for a long while, then I started going through a divorce (for reasons unrelated to EVE, amazingly). The end.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

what the gently caress is the cirno baka brigade?

Mega derail, but: Cirno is a Canadian nerd who makes a living streaming on Twitch. He mostly does speedruns of Halflife 1/2 and Mirror's Edge. When he's not doing speedruns, he tends to unwind by playing a bunch of weird weeb games, so his watchers get referred to as the Baka Brigade. I'm friends with him on Steam, so that's probably why I got this title.

*shrug* There are worse titles I could have gotten.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Had my first go in a fleet action tonight, 80 pilots or so and me in the amarr ewar frigate.

Not sure if I enjoyed it or not. We did get in a fight, stomped them pretty hard near as I can tell, but it didn't exactly feel like an engaging experience. Didn't feel like I had much real impact or influence. :shrug:

Big fleets suck. Join SV or something else smaller and get out of deklein.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Valar Morghulis posted:

Also it was Gentlemen's Agreement. As in, an agreement between gentlemen. Very important semantic difference (to us).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

AAPsel posted:

Big fleets suck. Join SV or something else smaller and get out of deklein.

I was under the impression that 80 was on the small side?

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Kesper North posted:

Lake got a girlfriend and much of my directorate hosed off for a long while, then I started going through a divorce (for reasons unrelated to EVE, amazingly). The end.

DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR CAT?
If your partner took it, they're evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

As I think about it it feels more like I was amused in spite of Eve rather than because of it. Things like the PL Blood Sacrifice, and playing Cards Against Humanity during the structure shoot part of the op. :shrug:

• Locked thread